• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

BigAT

storybook77 said:
GG BigAT. Your oline is beastly.
GG. I have no clue why I was able to gash you so badly on the ground like that, I haven't had near that much success running the ball yet.

Terrell Thomas beasting so far with 3 INTs in through two games. It only makes me miss him more in real life though. :(

Add another name to the Brandon Jacobs injury cart. Week 1 it was London Fletcher, this week it was Bradley Fletcher. Coincidence? The Rams CB went down for 4 weeks with a torn shoulder labrum after trying to tackle B-Jac. A piece of advice guys: just get out of his way and be glad to advance to the next week healthy.

Ramirez

Gears 3 is SO good.

How many games left?

edit: only 3!

Oh, and the irony in Eznarks comment about people buying GoW3 sheep is just way too much when you consider we buy Madden every year.

Mrbob

We only about an hour in last night, but Gears 3 starting point is interesting to say the least. I think Horde mode is going to be cool to go back too after the campaign is over. If only my team mates would help set up defenses as well!

I hope you guys are all picking up Dark Souls as well. I think this community is going to be fractured though between the PS3 and 360 release. I'm grabbing Dark Souls on PS3. Also, I didn't realize Dark Souls and Rage are out on the same day. I might have to cancel my Rage pre order. Can't miss out on Dark Souls!

Smokey

lol console gamers
I got Gears too
. Just ordered my 2nd 3GB 580 for SLI just in time for BF3 beta. Alpha was sweet, beta will be even sweeter. Even if it is the same map.

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
lol console gamers
I got Gears too
. Just ordered my 2nd 3GB 580 for SLI just in time for BF3 beta. Alpha was sweet, beta will be even sweeter. Even if it is the same map.
Not a Damn was given that day in terms of a budget :eek:

DCX

eznark

Banned
Smokey said:
lol console gamers
I got Gears too

my man

LukeSmith

Mrbob said:
I hope you guys are all picking up Dark Souls as well. I think this community is going to be fractured though between the PS3 and 360 release. I'm grabbing Dark Souls on PS3. Also, I didn't realize Dark Souls and Rage are out on the same day. I might have to cancel my Rage pre order. Can't miss out on Dark Souls!

Wrong, go 360 and the four horsemen will ride again!

The big-handed girl is 360 exclusive anyway!

Ferny

Mrbob said:
We only about an hour in last night, but Gears 3 starting point is interesting to say the least. I think Horde mode is going to be cool to go back too after the campaign is over. If only my team mates would help set up defenses as well!
I played some horde yesterday. Just went in randomly and got up to Wave 25. This was with zero communication with randoms mind you. Everyone was setting up spikes and reviving though. It was awesome.

Mrbob

So you guys were true brothers to the end! Not going solo!

LukeSmith said:
Wrong, go 360 and the four horsemen will ride again!

The big-handed girl is 360 exclusive anyway!

Trips version is better, gotta stick with it. I'm reading X360 version has longer loading and missing some graphical features like less lighting ambiance.

BigAT

I'm really torn on Dark Souls at the moment. I really want to play on 360 since that's where pretty much everyone is, but if I don't want to have to settle for a significantly worse version of the game potentially.

Smokey

Wellington said:
You guys are killing me with this gears talk.

Trying to resist until a price drop but by then none if you guys will be playing.

If you were doing it right you could've got Gears for at least $39.99 from the sweatshop aka Amazon!

Mrbob

I didn't, but I'm now itching to finish it before the release of Dark Souls. I'll probably avoid for now though to avoid burn out before Dark Souls is out!

Somnia

Wellington said:
You guys are killing me with this gears talk.

Trying to resist until a price drop but by then none if you guys will be playing.

I won't be playing single player, but if anyone wants to do horde mode I still will be.

Smokey

How many games are left before we advance? Are we still even doing an "advance" schedule?

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
d'oh! >.<

Gears is worth it though, sooo good so far.

SP or MP?

I loved the hell out of Gears 1. Gears 2 I got maybe halfway through and stopped. Got G3 just because I could for 40 bones. Never tried MP in either, not really a 3rd person shooter MP person.

Rorschach

Gears 1 MP was shit. I don't know how so many people stomached the latency and server issues. Never bought Gears 2 because I'm not sheep for anything not league related!

McNei1y

Rorschach said:
Gears 1 MP was shit. I don't know how so many people stomached the latency and server issues.

I know a couple of people that can't play 2-3 because of Gears 1. They attempted to play GOW2 when it came out but they disliked the MP in the first month so they stopped playing. They never even gave it another try after they fixed a lot of things... Oh well, their loss.

Smokey said:
SP or MP?

I loved the hell out of Gears 1. Gears 2 I got maybe halfway through and stopped. Got G3 just because I could for 40 bones. Never tried MP in either, not really a 3rd person shooter MP person.

Been playing Coop and a little bit of multiplayer. Storymode is still ridiculous like all gears are but its fun and has some awesome cut scenes. The guys who charge with the glowing stomachs that open up take way too long to die that's for sure. It mixes it up enough that it doesn't get boring, never doing the same thing for too long, we played coop for so long straight yesterday.

Rorschach

McNei1y said:
I know a couple of people that can't play 2-3 because of Gears 1. They attempted to play GOW2 when it came out but they disliked the MP in the first month so they stopped playing. They never even gave it another try after they fixed a lot of things... Oh well, their loss.
Once bitten, twice shy! Fool me once: shame on me. Fool me twice, can't get fooled again. Nahmean?

LukeSmith

Mrbob said:
I didn't, but I'm now itching to finish it before the release of Dark Souls. I'll probably avoid for now though to avoid burn out before Dark Souls is out!

Maybe I'll get it on PS3, we can just use Live Voice Parties while we play

BROTHERS TO THE END

(I need to reconnect my PS3 to the internet, is it safe yet?)

Smokey

Rorschach said:
Once bitten, twice shy! Fool me once: shame on me. Fool me twice, can't get fooled again. Nahmean?

What games do you like? I always see you complaining about a new title/release lol

McNei1y

Rorschach said:

Yeah I hear yah.

Breaking News: McNabb, after being traded to the Vikings, has just been released! McNabb refused to comment. He's a bum.

Mrbob

Rors hates everything except Madden. Well he hates Madden too but plays it anyway!

LukeSmith said:
Maybe I'll get it on PS3, we can just use Live Voice Parties while we play

BROTHERS TO THE END

(I need to reconnect my PS3 to the internet, is it safe yet?)

Always rolling the dice with PS3 online! Part of the fun!

We can do cross game party text chat on PSN!

Top Bottom