• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Birdman02

LukeSmith said:
On the upshot, there will be a period between seasons where those guys on your roster will be at 0 years left, not create a cap hit and you'll be able to resign guys then before they become UFAs.

I'm fine as long as that's the case. I was just worried that they'd go straight to UFAs before I was able to offer a contract.

BigAT

Birdman02 said:
I'm fine as long as that's the case. I was just worried that they'd go straight to UFAs before I was able to offer a contract.
Has anyone been able to confirm that this is indeed the case?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
BigAT said:

it seems spelled out in the "instructions to commish on free agency" thing on the LM site. But someone should do a test off-season to be sure.

jordan0386 said:
PSN: Team215

lakers-lol-reaction.gif

Nightz

BigAT said:
The admin has a button to drop the 0 year players into the FA pool, so as long as FMT doesn't do it right after he advances years, we should be ok.

DCX

DCX
levious said:
it seems spelled out in the "instructions to commish on free agency" thing on the LM site. But someone should do a test off-season to be sure.
I will, I got the dummy league running so I will just test it.

DCX

BigAT

DCX said:
I will, I got the dummy league running so I will just test it.

DCX
While you're testing stuff, could you cut a big time player with a multi-year contract to see if there is any penalties?

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
While you're testing stuff, could you cut a big time player with a multi-year contract to see if there is any penalties?
I will see, there should be cap penalties per real life, but who knows.

DCX

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:
by the way, if anyone is owed future picks from other teams due to real life trades then you have to let me know before the draft so we can get that straightened out. not sure what is out there though so that's your responsibility to let me know. niners have nothing coming to us!

Late, but BULLSHIT

The Madden after the Jack English Madden, I was owed a 1st rounder from Oakland, Denied because we decided "no more real life trade promises!"

Course, I think I jerked my way out of that game, which didn't matter because the league folded up pretty quickly.

But, it's the Principle!

But, happy to see Madden isn't fundamentally buggy. Just partially buggy.

LukeSmith

BigAT said:

I believe it prorates any leftover payment on the bonus (for all future years). Part of why I restructured Freeney to pull all of the bonus and a 1/3 of the salary he was owed next year into this year.

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
Late, but BULLSHIT

The Madden after the Jack English Madden, I was owed a 1st rounder from Oakland, Denied because we decided "no more real life trade promises!"

Course, I think I jerked my way out of that game, which didn't matter because the league folded up pretty quickly.

But, it's the Principle!

Yea I thought the same thing but Jack English year and Julio Jones year. Of course last year there was no real story line to owing draft picks lol

Nothing to fight or argue. It is what they want it to be.

DCX

Lonestar said:
Late, but BULLSHIT

But, it's the Principle!

Yeah, you quit after a game or so. Anyways, we are actually running something resembling a real online franchise, just like we did with madden 10 (where we had a faux free agency system). Last year was a clusterfuck for OF.

LukeSmith

Ravens DT Haloti Ngata signed a five-year, $61 million deal, including $40 million in first two years. Ngata under contract through 2015.

via CB via Schefter.

Looks like the free agent market value is set for 2012

me and levious are playing tonight, but for my week 3 opponent, I am going to be out of town on Wednesday and most of Thursday....I'll be back around midnight CT that same Thursday though in case we have a late sleeper

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
Ravens DT Haloti Ngata signed a five-year, $61 million deal, including $40 million in first two years. Ngata under contract through 2015.

via CB via Schefter.

Looks like the free agent market value is set for 2012
Is that going to be added to the Ravens?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
nah. i guess if Levious wanted it but i wouldnt force it on him. i feel like week 1 kinda capped things that we were gonna emulate here

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
Well. In the dummy league i cut Dunta. i had close to 5 mill before the cut, i have 12.6 now. I didn't see where there was any penalties. He was due 7 mill this season so it adds up right. If this is true, i see alot of people being cut.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
Well. In the dummy league i cut Dunta. i had close to 5 mill before the cut, i have 12.6 now. I didn't see where there was any penalties. He was due 7 mill this season so it adds up right. If this is true, i see alot of people being cut.

DCX
Cut guys with signing bonuses.

Ferny

Sanchez going for the int record this year just so you all know ;)

Good game Balb you had me from the get go. I had a couple good drives but the fumbles just messed me up. That last fumble towards the endzone was crazy and I hit the wrong button
-___-

Balb

Ferny said:
Sanchez going for the int record this year just so you all know ;)

Good game Balb you had me from the get go. I had a couple good drives but the fumbles just messed me up. That last fumble towards the endzone was crazy and I hit the wrong button
-___-

gg man. The second half was a pretty good defensive game actually. But yeah, Sanchez...

daw840

Let me ask something that's probably a dumb question here. When my league manager says that someone is on my team for 4 Years @ $3,500,000, is that his per year salary or total?

LukeSmith

daw840 said:
Let me ask something that's probably a dumb question here. When my league manager says that someone is on my team for 4 Years @ $3,500,000, is that his per year salary or total?

Per year. It's confusing - the total value of the deal is shown when you click on the player's name. I think it's right under their POT and other assorted bio info.

We vancin' tomorrow night or what?

daw840

LukeSmith said:
Per year. It's confusing - the total value of the deal is shown when you click on the player's name. I think it's right under their POT and other assorted bio info.

We vancin' tomorrow night or what?

Alright, that makes more sense. The player I was referencing was a .8 mil cap hit. If I understand this right, when your actually bidding on players it's per year but when you look at the detail of someone already on your team it's total?

LukeSmith

daw840 said:
Alright, that makes more sense. The player I was referencing was a .8 mil cap hit. If I understand this right, when your actually bidding on players it's per year but when you look at the detail of someone already on your team it's total?

Yep, that sounds right. You can see the per year Cap Hit when looking at per year breakdown (above player attributes) for your own team (and for signed players on other teams).

daw840

Why does Brandon Flowers not show any sort of a cap hit? Seems odd. Has a contract for 6 year at 50.6 million with 22 million guaranteed.

Rorschach

Why are people bidding so much on Tommie Harris? lol

You could just get Jon Henderson. Comparison stats:

Henderson: 95 STR, 84 AWR, 88 BSH, 85 TKL, 82 PMV

Harris: 82 STR, 80 AWR, 72 BSH, 74 TKL, 74 PMV

DMczaf

Damn, Gears 3 came with some sick Gears 3 stickers.

I'ma put them on my 360 so people know how hardcore I am.

It'll go great with the poster I just got too

410JS-7NMZL._SS500_.jpg

BigAT

DMczaf said:
Damn, Gears 3 came with some sick Gears 3 stickers.

I'ma put them on my 360 so people know how hardcore I am.

It'll go great with the poster I just got too

410JS-7NMZL._SS500_.jpg
The Gears stickers weigh more than the Gears "instruction manual".

daw840

Rorschach said:
Why are people bidding so much on Tommie Harris? lol

You could just get Jon Henderson. Comparison stats:

Henderson: 95 STR, 84 AWR, 88 BSH, 85 TKL, 82 PMV

Harris: 82 STR, 80 AWR, 72 BSH, 74 TKL, 74 PMV

Who the hell is Jon Henderson? He doesn't show up at all on my free agent list. Only Henderson is Mario for me.

Rorschach

daw840 said:
Who the hell is Jon Henderson? He doesn't show up at all on my free agent list. Only Henderson is Mario for me.
He's my player :D

Open for trades! He's good for when Seymour gets tired, but I'm just sitting on too much depth at the line. Got too many good DEs and DTs.

Top Bottom