• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Birdman02

Mrbob said:
Place Bid
Julian Peterson LOLB 33 6’3” 240 81 3,304,389 @ 1 (250,000 Bonus): Saints

Wrong. I got sniped on this deal with a couple bids after closing time.

Place Bid
Julian Peterson LOLB 33 6’3” 240 81 2,400,000 @ 1 (250,000 Bonus): Bears
Nope..I made that bid 2 minutes before 7....and it was the next bid after your offer. I was watching him like a hawk.

Rorschach

My screen grab says saints. Let me check my old browser (didn't refresh).

[edit] It says Saints too...

Place Bid
Marcus Stroud RE 33 6’6” 310 81 3,248,000 @ 1 (250,000 Bonus): Bills

Mrbob said:
Rors, if Peterson doesn't go through, neither does O'hara!

Place Bid

Wrong. I got sniped on this deal with a couple bids after closing time.

Place Bid
Julian Peterson LOLB 33 6’3” 240 81 2,400,000 @ 1 (250,000 Bonus): Bears

hurry up and take your bid off ohara. i'll figure out your issues afterwards

DCX

DCX
So Bob is complaining about being sniped? Do you remember when i traded for Gonzo late in the 10 franchise and he disappeared?!?!?! Karma.

DCX

Mrbob

I removed O'hara. I know I had Peterson at 7 o'clock because I was constantly refreshing the bids. But whatever take him I'll pocket my cap space and work it into restructuring contracts.

Birdman02

Mrbob said:
I removed O'hara. I know I had Peterson at 7 o'clock because I was constantly refreshing the bids. But whatever take him I'll pocket my cap space and work it into restructuring contracts.

I'm in bad need of an OLB and I was refreshing like crazy too. I promise you I got that bid in before 7.

Miami Dolphins FA Signings:

Lousaka Polite FB 30 6’0” 245 87 4,098,638 @ 5 (0 Bonus)
Cause I love this guy and Clay sucks.

Kevin Boss TE 27 6’6” 253 77 2,217,600 @ 5 (250,000 Bonus)
Don't want to pay Fasano his 3.6 mil salary next year when Boss is better, I'll eat the 850k bonus. Still saves me cash for a better TE and now I got two decent guys for the rest of this year.

Randall Gay CB 29 5’11” 190 76 2,340,800 @ 5 (250,000 Bonus)
Was thin at CB

Jake Delhomme QB 36 6’2” 215 73 1,100,000 @ 3 (75,000 Bonus)
There to teach Henne how a chump can make it to the Super Bowl. Also substantially cheaper than Moore.

Steve Slaton HB 25 5’9” 215 72 1,050,000 @ 2 (100,000 Bonus)
For when Bush goes down

Mrbob

You didn't though because I was holding that bid for almost an hour before the very end. I jumped every bid right away until we got to 3.4 million, and then I said screw it. This was well after 7.

Edit: Went and picked up Na'il Diggs

ok, everything worked. all your players should be signed!

as far as the remaining free agents, you can sign them at your leisure. no need to "bid" on them. you'll still obviously have to give them their contracts

BigAT

Who was I bidding against for Geoff Hangartner?

Also -
Team salary: $119,942,136
Free Space: $57,864

So much cap space.

Mrbob

BigAT said:
Who was I bidding against for Geoff Hangartner?

Also -
Team salary: $119,942,136
Free Space: $57,864

So much cap space.

Me, friend. When he got to 3 million I figure I can use my money elsewhere.

Mrbob

I just signed an 82 rated LG for nearly the same price after free agency bidding is over!

FMT I'm going to want to redo Briggs contract for the year. I'll let you know the new terms later tonight!

Rorschach

Who took 42 injury rating Mark Tauscher?

[edit] Oh, Broncos.

Dude's a beast, but I didn't want to pay for a guy to back him up haha

Striker

Ramirez said:
Just glad I was able to drive Polite's contract all the way up to 4 mil a year.
Were you considering him even prior? Once he hit those $2M ranges I lol'd. Crazy he got bumped so high. A fullback, guys!

Now watch as Polite puts Tatupu on his ass this game vs. Dolphins upcoming.

Ramirez

Striker said:
Were you considering him even prior? Once he hit those $2M ranges I lol'd. Crazy he got bumped so high. A fullback, guys!

Now watch as Polite puts Tatupu on his ass this game vs. Dolphins upcoming.

Yea, I was willing to pay 3.5, my FB is rated 69 overall and regular runs right by people without even attempting to block them. This could be the AI in the game, or it could be because he is terrible, I'm not sure. I was willing to try something new out though!

Ramirez said:
Yea, I was willing to pay 3.5, my FB is rated 69 overall and regular runs right by people without even attempting to block them. This could be the AI in the game, or it could be because he is terrible, I'm not sure. I was willing to try something new out though!

Charles Clay is a 61 overall. Biiiig need + it's Polite!!

Ramirez said:

I cut moran norris. 77 rated fb

LukeSmith

Why did the guy I bid on go for less than my bid? It was the highest and is still higher than he was signed for and I didn't retract it.

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
Why did the guy I bid on go for less than my bid? It was the highest and is still higher than he was signed for and I didn't retract it.
Maybe someone removed a bid and rebid.

DCX

LukeSmith said:

if someone took their bid out, it reduces your needed bid amount. that's why people have been saying "don't help others by removing your bids!"

TheCrow

GG pheeniks. A little bit of lag helped cause some of those big plays.

I hope I can change player's numbers since Devine and Moreno both use 27.

BigAT

TheCrow said:
GG pheeniks. A little bit of lag helped cause some of those big plays.

I hope I can change player's numbers since Devine and Moreno both use 27.
You can, in player management.

DCX said:
Striker, i sent you a trade offer for my first and fourth for your third, please accept.

DCX

this brings up a good point. if someone owes you picks, or you owe someone picks, work it out before the draft! if you need me to assist in making it happen let me know!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
this brings up a good point. if someone owes you picks, or you owe someone picks, work it out before the draft! if you need me to assist in making it happen let me know!
LM keeps track of trades. Including picks!

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
LM keeps track of trades. Including picks!
It also keeps track of conditional picks in the manner of trading picks for nothing.

So when the condition is met you can simply trade the pick you owe to the player for nothing in return.

In the past we had to have dudes pick out targeted player and cut them afterwards.

DCX

Rorschach

My FAs bailed me out. Bruce Johnson 2 picks, TAINT. Bulluck TAINT. O'Hara 1 pancake (those exist other than for WRs?!), TO 120 yds and a TD.

TO is the shit. Mediocre hands, but damn can he run a route and break a press.

Top Bottom