• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

McNei1y

Forte had a monster game for me and closed it out in the clutch with a couple big first down runs at the end of the game.

Seems like all our games go to the wire.

Yeah we definitely do. That first TD run for Forte was so dumb on my part. Excellent blocking and hole work by you, I just made the mistake of sending EJ Henderson on the left side when you were running towards the right.

I was going out of my mind when I had 2 (3?) holding calls in a row to make it 1st and 23. Then the next play Berrian fumbles a 22 yard reception immediately. You forced three or four fumbles that game with AP fumbling twice in a row. It was insane! BTW, is Urlacher okay? Still surprised he got inured. I definitely like my line. Its not great but its definitely better than it has been. I'm still embarrassed that AP has consistent games of putting up only ~40-60 yards.

eznark

Banned
WR are a dime a dozen though. Quality DT are tougher to find.

Why exactly does GB need another WR? Already has an 89 rated WR and an 81 rated WR and Finley is 96 (WTF). He also has two other TEs at 79 and 77 (Gimme one! EZ).

I'm looking at all the Packers stats this year and am getting depressed. James Starks is an 88. John Kuhn is an 88. Morgan Burnett is an 88. Good grief, EA. The Packers current roster through progression makes the Stealers roster look legit!

Bob, Raji didn't fit simple as that. The bigger issue to me was also one of contract. If I didn't trade him now, I'd lose him to FA and get nothing.

Second (and I don't really care since I made the trade based on LM numbers) BigAT claimed Manningham is an 81 in the game. Is a four point spread really absurd?

If you have to match arbitrary overall ratings, match exact ages, and seemingly match position utility there is no trade you'd ever approve. You're a clown.

I'd gladly trade you one of my tight ends, but you'd probably vote no after accepting it.

Also, look at my linebackers. I have five good-to-great guys on the roster. I play them all. I also have/had 4 defensive linemen rated 79+. 9 guys for 7 spots bob, it's not hard math. I run 5 wide a fair bit, 4 wide all the time. I love Tanner Morley, but having a 65 overall wide out on the field every down wasn't doing me any favors.

There is absolutely nothing "absurd" about this trade.

Mrbob

Ezmark mad! Don't bother me to not have to deal with Raji up the middle two times this season!

Yeah we definitely do. That first TD run for Forte was so dumb on my part. Excellent blocking and hole work by you, I just made the mistake of sending EJ Henderson on the left side when you were running towards the right.

I was going out of my mind when I had 2 (3?) holding calls in a row to make it 1st and 23. Then the next play Berrian fumbles a 22 yard reception immediately. You forced three or four fumbles that game with AP fumbling twice in a row. It was insane! BTW, is Urlacher okay? Still surprised he got inured. I definitely like my line. Its not great but its definitely better than it has been. I'm still embarrassed that AP has consistent games of putting up only ~40-60 yards.

Those back to back fumbles were crazy by AP. Second one moreso because I had four dudes sitting around the ball and they let the offensive lineman pounce on it.

Urlacher is alright thankfully. He got hurt forcing that fumble on Berrian haha. Always getting hurt on big plays lately! Too old I think. :/ The injury was only for the rest of the game so I have him back next week. My 2nd round drafted CB got knocked out for 2 weeks though. Guess he'll have to learn on the bench!

TheCrow

Does anyone know if someone is out for one week, i.e. got injured in week 1, will they come back the following week, week 2 or in week 3?

BigAT

Does anyone know if someone is out for one week, i.e. got injured in week 1, will they come back the following week, week 2 or in week 3?

Yes, they come back the next week. I never really understood the point of it, they don't actually miss any games.

Smokey

Hoo rah! Smokeytv is back in action!

The first contestant on this season's show will be none other than MrBob. Through his many requests he has been granted a spot in Primetime.

How will bobby handle his first game in the spotlight?! Expect lots and lots of Te cheese wiz

Ramirez

Games left update:

Bengals/Ravens-being planned on being played today
Raiders/Browns-no idea
Chiefs/Buccs-no idea

Advancement period should have been tonight anyways, holding it up another day for 3 games (assuming they're not played!) is meh.

daw840

Games left update:

Raiders/Browns-no idea
Chiefs/Buccs-no idea

Advancement period should have been tonight anyways, holding it up another day for 3 games (assuming they're not played!) is meh.

DM and I have spoken. We have difficult schedules to match up though. :(

Maybe tonight. Although my good friend may have just had his twins, so that may be out of the question.

Trasher

Games left update:

Raiders/Browns-no idea
Chiefs/Buccs-no idea

Me and Wellie keep missing each other with our schedules. Hopefully we can manage to get it in tonight.

Ramirez

Guess we're advancing tomorrow!

jQRYu.gif

bluemax

Banned
Things that are weird to me:

Falcons 1st downs 3
Cardinals 1st downs 19

Falcons time of possession: 4.5
Cardinals time of possession 23.5

Falcons total offense: 198
Cardinals total offense: 333

Falcons Red Zone attempts: 0
Cardinals Red Zone attempts: 4

Falcons Red Zone TDs: 0
Cardinals Red Zone TDs: 2

That must've been a very frustrating game to lose.

Trasher

lol Wellie! Your PM box is full!

This was my reply though:

I have to take my car in at 6ish (EST), and then I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing tonight. Might see my lady-friend again, but not sure when yet.

I keep forgetting. Are you east coast too?

Splat

Things that are weird to me:

Falcons 1st downs 3
Cardinals 1st downs 19

Falcons time of possession: 4.5
Cardinals time of possession 23.5

Falcons total offense: 198
Cardinals total offense: 333

Falcons Red Zone attempts: 0
Cardinals Red Zone attempts: 4

Falcons Red Zone TDs: 0
Cardinals Red Zone TDs: 2

That must've been a very frustrating game to lose.

You're telling me :-/ Nothing like a long 15 play, 80 yard drive that ends in an endzone int. And then give up a big play to roddy the other way :-/

Mrbob

Hoo rah! Smokeytv is back in action!

The first contestant on this season's show will be none other than MrBob. Through his many requests he has been granted a spot in Primetime.

How will bobby handle his first game in the spotlight?! Expect lots and lots of Te cheese wiz

commando.gif

bluemax

Banned
Also guess the division:

Division 1's QB:
42-89 47.2% 665 2 9 40.45 Rating

Division 2's QBs:
54-79 68.3% 677 3 11 67.8 Rating

Division 3's QBs:
44-73 617 60.3% 2 6 62.41 Rating

Division 4's QBs:
52-79 65.8% 955 9 4 124.2 Rating

Hint: These are 4 of the 5 divisions to have played all their games since I was dumb and forgot the NFC North.

NFC North: 52-71 73.2% 909 5-1 132.8 Rating

Mrbob

I know Division 4 is NFC North because me and McNeily both had 2 tds and 0 ints in our game.

Looks like the NFC North is stepping up in eliteness this season!

eznark

Banned
I know Division 4 is NFC North because me and McNeily both had 2 tds and 0 ints in our game.

Looks like the NFC North is stepping up in eliteness this season!

My boy also played a pick free, efficient game and it looks like the Lions put up points so that has to be the North.

Putting the league on notice!

bluemax

Banned

bluemax

Banned
I screwed up and only totaled up 3 NFC North teams so they weren't on the original list, but here's what all 4 NFC North teams combined did in Week 1:

52-71 73.2% 909 5-1 132.8 Rating

Mrbob

6 tds for the NFC North, not 5. :D

My boy also played a pick free, efficient game and it looks like the Lions put up points so that has to be the North.

Putting the league on notice!

Out of division opponents should just pack it up now!

bluemax

Banned
6 tds for the NFC North, not 5. :D

Out of division opponents should just pack it up now!

League manager only shows 5:
10-15 163 1 0 Waters
06-08 167 2 0 Cutler
21-27 328 2 0 Ponder
15-21 251 0 1 Stafford

I double checked on EA as well, not seeing 6!

eznark

Banned
28 points with the Lions, no passing touchdowns? I think you're doing it wrong, gold.

AJ Hawk might become available. You'd need cap room, but I don't want much. No players.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
lol Wellie! Your PM box is full!

This was my reply though:

I have to take my car in at 6ish (EST), and then I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing tonight. Might see my lady-friend again, but not sure when yet.

I keep forgetting. Are you east coast too?

YES friend.

What time is good!? I want to get this done TONIGHT! Is no time after 6 good?

DMczaf

DM and I have spoken. We have difficult schedules to match up though. :(

Maybe tonight. Although my good friend may have just had his twins, so that may be out of the question.

I'll be home around the same time as yesterday, my class gets out at around 5:30 pst.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Trasher, I am leaving at 4:30 headed for the gym.

If you are available, I can be home at 5, but then you owe me a gym session.

Top Bottom