• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

bluemax

Banned
I feel like come back routes are broken. I always end up either throwing it at the guys feet or over his head. But I can throw short hooks like a boss.

Corner routes never work for me either

LiveWire

Oh wait never mind, yeah I fucking hate corner routes. I always try them in 2 minute drills and end up throwing picks.

The problem is there's no control mechanism to achieve the type of throw needed to complete that pass. You have 3 choices in madden, normal (slow, easily intercepted), bullet (fast, low, easily intercepted) and lob (wounded duck, defensive linemen could have time to run down the field and catch it). There's also no way to lead a receiver deeper or entice them to come back. You can only lead left or right, low to the ground or high in the air.

BigAT

My rookie QB in LM is 22 years old. On EA's site he's 38. How does that even happen :(

If you think it's absurd that such an obvious bug could possibly exist or make it through even the most basic bug testing, keep in mind that it has been like that for three years in a row.

Luke

No go for me tonight. Sorry.

I had to be up at 4am so i could be at the shooting range and qualify on my M4. Spending nearly 12 hours qualifying while wearing IBA/Gas Mask with some boring lecture mixed in isn't really as fun as it sounds! That is, unless your name is Eznark, then its like a fucking vacation.

Qualification is a bitch now too... nearly half the class failed to qualify and has to goto remedial training. Sucks for them!

time to eat and pass the fuck out. I can play tomorrow night or friday evening before the deadline.

bluemax

Banned
If you think it's absurd that such an obvious bug could possibly exist or make it through even the most basic bug testing, keep in mind that it has been like that for three years in a row.

I think this bug more than any other shows how little effort was put into the website. I'm betting this could be fixed in 5 minutes.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
wtf my xbox just went crazy with nightz about to attempt an FG. Sorry bruh. It's not turning back on. I'll keep you updated.

If it doesnt work I'll just borrow my friends. Would you be able to play tonight anyway?

GG. My first TD was a comeback where Bess never broke on the ball :jnc. Couldn't find my play in the Houston playbook but I still completed that comeback on you in the end. It's definitely bugged some ways, I wonder if throwing to your strong side matters on that. I always went weak side and couldn't complete it the entire game. I do a comeback on the strongside at the end and it works perfectly. Soliai with 5 sacks, glad to hear we resigned him for madden13 and madden14!

I'm looking at the replay of the 4th quarter strong side comeback pass. The ball is in the air before Bess reacts at all, I'm just reading the safety. It worked as intended but only got it to once that whole game I think.

Pay attention to if you guys ever complete a comeback on your weakside, I want to know about it.

McNei1y

gg bob. this game is so frustrating. Nice goal line stops both of those times. Berrian killed me dropping two touchdowns like that. I also couldn't stand Brooks. I mean I know the ball is going to him all of those times but no one steps up and stops him. My Troy-Burchette combo is awful so far. You and DM have completed passes in between both of them and they don't react. My DT had to drop back 10-15 yards to make a stop.

Also, whoever I play week three, I will not be here Thursday, Friday, and most of the day Saturday. I may be able to play during the day Saturday but Sunday is the most likely time.

Mrbob

Yeah gg. I was thinking here we go again when you hit that huge bomb to harvin with like a minute left. How does cover 4 get beat deep like that lol? Safety is supposed to play back!
I nearly had a heart attack when Carter Stone went down with an injury. Thankfully he was only out for a series!

GG. My first TD was a comeback where Bess never broke on the ball :jnc. Couldn't find my play in the Houston playbook but I still completed that comeback on you in the end. It's definitely bugged some ways, I wonder if throwing to your strong side matters on that. I always went weak side and couldn't complete it the entire game. I do a comeback on the strongside at the end and it works perfectly. Soliai with 5 sacks, glad to hear we resigned him for madden13 and madden14!

I'm looking at the replay of the 4th quarter strong side comeback pass. The ball is in the air before Bess reacts at all, I'm just reading the safety. It worked as intended but only got it to once that whole game I think.

thats exactly my point. you threw the ball to where bess was, he never makes a break because when you let it go he was still moving forward.

looked like you threw about 6 or 7 comeback "attempts", and completed 1. it's not a viable route in the game

p.s. and gg! i liked that playbook as far as passing goes, but there aren't many good run plays :( VD was beasting and you dropped about 7 picks!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
that happens when the ethernet cable is unplugged.

Dat insurmountable 3-0 lead with 4 mins to go in the first half.

Nightz: I can't get it going again. I'll borrow my friends Xbox to get the game in tonight if you still can. Sorry about this and wasting your time.

McNei1y

Also Bob is the first person to pick a comeback route from me this season. Zone coverage beats it. I thought I saw man but right when I threw it, his CB was playing with his back to the receiver and thats when I knew it was picked. Blown!

DCX

DCX
Also Bob is the first person to pick a comeback route from me this season. Zone coverage beats it. I thought I saw man but right when I threw it, his CB was playing with his back to the receiver and thats when I knew it was picked. Blown!

That was more of a bad read than the route not working.

In a zone with the proper route combos the comeback or curl will be wide open. Just have to get the cb cover a the or rob in the flats.

Lb with range and a safety with insane ability can still make a play on it though. Small window.

DCX

thats exactly my point. you threw the ball to where bess was, he never makes a break because when you let it go he was still moving forward.

looked like you threw about 6 or 7 comeback "attempts", and completed 1. it's not a viable route in the game

p.s. and gg! i liked that playbook as far as passing goes, but there aren't many good run plays :( VD was beasting and you dropped about 7 picks!

I was using it a lot for the sake of using it. If you count the bess TD on a streak (I told him to run a comeback!) it's 2. :p Definitely hard to get good at, but I think maybe it has to do with the QB-WR a lot.

I'm watching the first 85 yard TD. You have a guy zone out to where the comeback would be. So in that case I shouldn't throw it to Bess on a comeback. The safety reacts the same as the 4th quarter completed one, so I throw it thinking bess will make the cut, maybe because of his route running he recognizes zone and knows the play has a better shot as a streak and thus the throw is a streak pass because they practice with each other and know this stuff. Like having a smart QB and a smart WR means you have a better shot at making the comeback viable. Maybe I'm crazy but I think the AWR of your WR-QB is really important (and route running for WR) for some routes and if you have Chad Henne or Alex Smith throwing the ball you can't call plays like that unless they're hot.

Some1 with a real QB should analyze their comeback tape and see if there's any rhyme or reason to the randomness of it, I just blame Henne for being Henne on terrible throws.

Nightz

Dat insurmountable 3-0 lead with 4 mins to go in the first half.

Nightz: I can't get it going again. I'll borrow my friends Xbox to get the game in tonight if you still can. Sorry about this and wasting your time.

No worries. Just post here or find me on AIM. Doing stuff around the apartment but I should be around.

I was using it a lot for the sake of using it. If you count the bess TD on a streak it's 2. :p Definitely hard to get good at, but I think maybe it has to do with the QB-WR a lot.

I'm watching the first 85 yard TD. You have a guy zone out to where the comeback would be. So in that case I shouldn't throw it to Bess on a comeback. The safety reacts the same as the 4th quarter completed one, so I throw it thinking bess will make the cut, maybe because of his route running he knows the play has a better shot as a streak and thus the throw is a streak pass because they practice with each other and know this stuff. Like having a smart QB and a smart WR means you have a better shot at making the comeback viable. Maybe I'm crazy but I think the AWR of your WR-QB is really important (and route running for WR) for some routes and if you have Chad Henne or Alex Smith throwing the ball you can't call plays like that unless they're hot.

Some1 with a real QB should analyze their comeback tape and see if there's any rhyme or reason to the randomness of it, I just blame Henne for being Henne on terrible throws.

i guess my point is that the comeback is such a low percentage pass in the game that it's not worth throwing. the only times ive ever completed a comeback are when it is WIDE OPEN and the guy is basically my 3rd or 4th read

smokey we playing tonight

p.s. aight, headed on now

Top Bottom