• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Ramirez

Why is putting a #1 receiver in the slot bad now? Doesn't anyone else use the sub-formation options in the playcalling screen (aka "Strong Slot")?

There's nothing we can do about it anyways, the game switches WR locations in pretty much every package, regardless of their depth chart ranking.

Maybe if EA would make a game where the outside WRs can actually make some plays on a consistent basis we wouldn't all have to rely on slots/TEs/HBs to make our passing game go.

I have no problem with the trade...

DCX

DCX
There's nothing we can do about it anyways, the game switches WR locations in pretty much every package, regardless of their depth chart ranking.

Maybe if EA would make a game where the outside WRs can actually make some plays on a consistent basis we wouldn't all have to rely on slots/TEs/HBs to make our passing game go.

I have no problem with the trade...

Same with twin assignments. Its broken and we all are just trying to adapt.

DCX

Ramirez

not all of us have mike wallace

why you bitchin like you never had talent

I swear you guys lack reading skills. My comments were for the game as a whole. Outside of someone throwing jump balls, when is the last time anyone here got dominated by outside WRs?

lol, can't even have a discussion for what you would like to see Tiburon work on in future titles.

I swear you guys lack reading skills. My comments were for the game as a whole. Outside of someone throwing jump balls, when is the last time anyone here got dominated by outside WRs?

lol, can't even have a discussion for what you would like to see Tiburon work on in future titles.

this is true and they need to work on it. the main problems with lack of receiver production isn't even the receivers themselves, it's the passing system.

because you cannot pass to a SPOT, certain types of routes are worthless in the game:

comeback routes: 100% worthless
out routes: worthless most of the time because the CB's make breaks too quickly to the outside

if EA could come up with an advanced passing system AND keep the system they have now it would benefit everyone; if you want to play with the easier passing system that is fine but some routes are really going to be worthless to you. but if you want to play with the more advanced passing system, it is harder and requires more skill, but the payoff is greater and your playbook is wide open

Comeback routes are definitely not worthless. 49ers receivers just suck.

i've played you probably 5 times and never saw you run one. i'm not talking about button hooks. i'm talking about an outside route that every team in real life runs where the receiver kind of slants back to the outside. this has to be a timing route and the QB has to release the ball before the receiver even makes his break in order for it to be successful. it's impossible to release the ball before a receivers break in madden because the pass always goes to where the receiver currently is, not where he will be

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
ive used comeback routes. they work. you just need a WR with a high route running attribute and a corner thats playing off enough that he cant warp ahead of it in man coverage

ive used comeback routes. they work. you just need a WR with a high route running attribute and a corner thats playing off enough that he cant warp ahead of it in man coverage

well any route COULD work in the game, but they don't work like they are supposed to. like i said, some routes the ball needs to be thrown before the receiver makes his break and that can't happen in madden.

obviously a comeback route works if someone is playing off zone and there is no pressure on the qb. but even in that instance you basically would have the wr finish his route and standing wide open before you throw it.

in real life, you could have someone playing tight man coverage but the completion happens because your qb is accurate and throws to a spot, not to the receiver. then the receiver gets to that spot on time

I run comebacks with Bess plenty FMT, used that Bench play tons in season 1. All about that Davonne Bess 99 Route Running and hot routing out of it whenever there is press coverage.

You are right about throwing to the spot thing, but the high Route Running has a way of offsetting things. Bess tends to make that cut right when the CB turns to run with him like he's going deep, once he begins to cut you throw it and you are safe in doing so because the CB started turning and won't be able to react properly. I actually think it's a harder route to run against a zone and easier against man btw.

CB3

well any route COULD work in the game, but they don't work like they are supposed to. like i said, some routes the ball needs to be thrown before the receiver makes his break and that can't happen in madden.

obviously a comeback route works if someone is playing off zone and there is no pressure on the qb. but even in that instance you basically would have the wr finish his route and standing wide open before you throw it.

in real life, you could have someone playing tight man coverage but the completion happens because your qb is accurate and throws to a spot, not to the receiver. then the receiver gets to that spot on time

your right, but they work better than you think. you can time it, its just the window you need to throw it in is really slim

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
because you cannot pass to a SPOT, certain types of routes are worthless in the game:

comeback routes: 100% worthless
out routes: worthless most of the time because the CB's make breaks too quickly to the outside

not sure what you mean by passing to a spot exactly, but I feel like I can do that effectively on deep ins. Comebacks work fine I think unless the CB is in a shallow zone. I throw the comeback as soon as the WR plants his first foot to begin his animation. Outs are probably the biggest feast or famine route in the game though.

McNei1y

If you catch the right defenses and recognize it early enough, you can make any route work. But to contradict my point completely, I don't know if i've completed more than 5 posts all franchise

I agree with your point about any route working. I have had post routes work... flag routes (do they still call it those?) work effectively. I really wish I could do post/flag routes in hot route.

Speaking of which, screen routes don't work
for me
. I keep saying this but since the last time I said it I probably attempted 3-4 more screens and still nothing :(

BigAT

The problem with comeback routes is that sometimes your receiver will just stand there and not even make a play on the ball and if the corner picks it off, it's a pick 6 every time. Not really worth the risk IMO.

The only route I have an issue with is the out route for the reason stated. Post routes are more difficult to pull off because you basically can't shove that into traffic so it has to be like a longer more glorified slant.

Want to know a route that's really shitty? Sluggo. Never gotten that to work I gave up on it lol

Mrbob

Are you guys thinking of hook routes? I've never successful completed a comeback route pass either so I've given up on running a play with this route!

Which route is that?

clip_image026.jpg

I don't have success with those either! Route takes too long to develop

CB3

slant and go.

WR's dont break quick enough on their moves (and DB's dont bite as hard since they run the route better than the WR in alot of cases) for Sluggo's and post routes to be feasible most of the time. Every once in a while i can get a deep post to work though.

McNei1y

Are you guys thinking of hook routes? I've never successful completed a comeback route pass either so I've given up on running a play with this route!

http://www.maddenguides.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/clip_image026.jpg

I don't have success with those either! Route takes too long to develop

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/689400/iso_dre.png

The route on the very right, you slant one way and then break off in a go route the other way

Usually by the time they're able to get separation a defender is all up on you

Oh. Okay. In one formation it works for me but everytime else it sucks.

LiveWire

The only route I have an issue with is the out route for the reason stated. Post routes are more difficult to pull off because you basically can't shove that into traffic so it has to be like a longer more glorified slant.

Want to know a route that's really shitty? Sluggo. Never gotten that to work I gave up on it lol

Sluggo works if you catch them in a Cover 1. But you need a lot of time for it to develop. Most times I have used it with success is with extra protection (7 blockers).

No clue what the technical term of the route is, but the one that looks like a half circle, that one never works either.

lol I know what you're talking about. Where at the top of the half circle it's like a straight line?

I just look at that and think "No thanks"

Splat

You mean the second from right, top row on mcneily's image. I can't throw that one.

Also out routes are awesome if you're able to pull off the read when it's not there. I have trouble and then it's pick 6 time :(

McNei1y

Nah, it starts like \ then | then /, lol I'm sure you all will visualize that well.

You mean the second from right, top row on mcneily's image. I can't throw that one.

Also out routes are awesome if you're able to pull off the read when it's not there. I have trouble and then it's pick 6 time :(

Yeah Splats right, its in my pic. I put success near it because I've ran it a small amount of times but its worked.

It seems to only work if they are in zone though. after the first cut it turns into a normal flag route. The wide receiver seems to have a small window of opportunity in between the guy in the flats and the deep defender.

Ramirez

Ah, yes, didn't even notice it in Neily's image, it never works for me. I'm usually on my back before the route even gets half way done, lol.

DCX

DCX
ill say yes because im curious how much deeper down you can bury your team.

Thx..two more fellas..so BOB AND fern or Crow.

Q..I can play fairly early tonight. I do want this trade either approved or denied before we start.

DCX

Top Bottom