• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

LiveWire

The only problem with that is that we can't change a guys position. So the game might force you to carry a ROLB, when you have no real need to but in order to play the game you need to pick up a space taker.

Just get an ROLB. Deal with it.

Also, the Washington Redskins announce the signing of Steve Slaton to a 1 year $1.1 mil contract. He will be competing for the backup spot currently held by Roy Helu behind Cobie Ross, the Redskins' star running back.

DCX

DCX
Just get an ROLB. Deal with it.

Also, the Washington Redskins announce the signing of Steve Slaton to a 1 year $1.1 mil contract. He will be competing for the backup spot currently held by Roy Helu behind Cobie Ross, the Redskins' star running back.
Why are roster size an issue ? Season 1 and 2 no one complained .

The raise in the cap is what screwed the offseason and free agents up.

BigAT even mentioned bidding on Gamble becuase he had cap room and no other real targets.

I got guys based on potential injuries. Progression etc.

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Hoarding talent strickly for progession seems iffy. im sure teams in the NFL would do it if they could but thats why there is a roster limit of 53

eznark

Banned
Trade Proposal

AJ Hawk - 85

Brandon Browner - 81

Both are 29, both are buried on the depth chart. Need for need. Both are B potential.

If the council would please vote.

bluemax

Banned
Hoarding talent strickly for progession seems iffy. im sure teams in the NFL would do it if they could but thats why there is a roster limit of 53

But they also have things like the practice squad and other ways of hiding talent.

Are guys hoarding 60-70 OVR B/C pot players really breaking the league? Of the teams with the 10 largest rosters right now the only ones to make the playoffs last year were Saints, Broncos, 49ers and Buccs. The Saints are the only ones with more than the 55 real life limit.

Trade Proposal

AJ Hawk - 85

Brandon Browner - 81

Both are 29, both are buried on the depth chart. Need for need. Both are B potential.

If the council would please vote.

Browner is actually my number 2 corner. He had a pick yesterday but also got burned on the play that set Splat up for the game winning TD.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
But they also have things like the practice squad and other ways of hiding talent.

Are guys hoarding 60-70 OVR B/C pot players really breaking the league? Of the teams with the 10 largest rosters right now the only ones to make the playoffs last year were Saints, Broncos, 49ers and Buccs. The Saints are the only ones with more than the 55 real life limit.

Browner is actually my number 2 corner. He had a pick yesterday but also got burned on the play that set Splat up for the game winning TD.

53 is the real life limit. and practice squads dont hide talent since any other team can sign off them.

Dont let overall ratings foot you guys. Dallas Strong was a 72 rated player last season who was just as good as Maclin and Jax. There are also alot of 60 rated players who excel in one or two things and can be used in specific situations.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I can't get it to load the Divisonal Playoff game we played, but in 4 regular season games, you have 6 INTs against me and I have 3. What a discrepancy!

Fucking lol.

How many of those ints are by LBs?

You comparing our int numbers is dumb on your part as you are proving everyone's point. You're a terrible passer. Passing with 93 rated Ben to Ward, Wallace, Sanders, and Miller is a hell of a lot easier than passing with what was a 75 rated Dalton to guys that are slow and can barely get open. And Bluemax could tell you, I was one of the worst in the league last season at generating turnovers because my guys can't catch.

Fucking lol.

You comparing our int numbers is dumb on your part as you are proving everyone's point. You're a terrible passer. Passing with 93 rated Ben to Ward, Wallace, Sanders, and Miller is a hell of a lot easier than passing with what was a 75 rated Dalton to guys that are slow and can barely get open. And Bluemax could tell you, I was one of the worst in the league last season at generating turnovers because my guys can't catch.

I know I've heard that from someone before, but who? This is going to kill me until I get it

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I know I've heard that from someone before, but who? This is going to kill me until I get it

Probably from me, and thank you Splat for backing it up. For some reason they never even attempt to intercept the ball, but are content with batting the ball down. Even when I attempt to manual the ball goes right off their hands.

bluemax

Banned
http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/01/19/madden-nfl-12-roster-update-20-details#more-53807

Jarrett Bush CB GB Decrease, from 65 to 64OVR
Tim Masthay P GB Decrease, from 78 to 76OVR
Ryan Grant HB GB Decrease, from 80 to 79OVR
Charlie Peprah S GB Decrease, from 81 to 80OVR
B.J. Raji DL GB Decrease, from 85 to 84OVR
Scott Wells OL GB Decrease, from 86 to 85OVR
Chad Clifton OL GB Decrease, from 87 to 85OVR
Jordy Nelson WR GB Decrease, from 89 to 88OVR
Tramon Williams CB GB Decrease, from 91 to 90OVR
Charles Woodson CB GB Decrease, from 94 to 93OVR
Clay Matthews LB GB Decrease, from 95 to 94OVR
Greg Jennings WR GB Decrease, from 96 to 95OVR

Dem Green Bay Nerfs.

BigAT

Shouldn't we have a mandated 53-man maximum? I'm not sure if the NFL has a minimum requirement (I guess the only minimum is the salary floor that must be spent under the new CBA), but we really should tighten up this shit.

I believe that 53 is also the minimum in the NFL due to the CBA. The players union wants to make sure as many players as possible are getting paid. Giants were in a position earlier this year where they signed someone to their roster because they were forced to, even though there was no real need for him.

How'd Raji play? Was he the greatest world-beating DT in the history of the known universe as the jackasses who voted no claimed?

He did alright, 1 tackle (I think it was a TFL) in limited snaps. With the addition of Raji, I have begun rotating my DTs depending on the situation now. For those that were complaining about the trade (BOB), I think it's actually only a 3 point difference based on their actual depth chart ratings.

Ramirez

Fucking lol.

3 were by LBs, two by Foote/Farrior who I always control, so more than likely were user picks, which have nothing to do with the OP cpu Steelers cheese defense. 2 were by CB's and one game is listed as two INTs, but only shows one on the stats sheet, I assume my 5th string CB that I dropped picked that one. So a 3/3 split.

I'm a terrible passer, how was that even a part of the original discussion? In two games last year I did this with Charlie freaking Batch:

Charlie Batch 135.1 28/43 65.1 504 18.0 6/1

Go ahead and pull out your youtube videos, the point is, I still won with a QB that would regularly throw balls 10 yards out of bounds away from the WR, as Trasher could tell you, since we're citing sources and all.

Ben's stats from last season:
111.3 214/329 65.0 3620 16.9 29/16

-4th in QB Rating
-8th in comp. % (from people with a minimum of 50+ attempts)
-5th in yards (despite missing 2 games)
-4th in TDs
-9th in fewest INTs

Guess I should just quit the league I'm so bad.

Splat

So, does attempting to make highlights post game in madden cause the same issues as in NCAA? (ie it disconnects you from ea servers and you can't report game results). I got scared off from it in NCAA, but is it fine in Madden?

Smokey

Go ahead and pull out your youtube videos, the point is, I still won with a QB that would regularly throw balls 10 yards out of bounds away from the WR, as Trasher could tell you, since we're citing sources and all.

Kind of like Leinart!

I hope we meet again Sanchez gonna dump on your face. Of course you'll probably receive 1 or 2 fumbles for a little boost but that's to be expected.

Ramirez

Yes we know.

Admit you haven't quit because the game is gifting you wins. Any other Madden iteration you've have been long gone.

The game gifted me a win last night alright...I've already said I enjoy the game this year due to me not having much gaming time anymore, so Madden fits in nicely, in past years I've been addicted to WoW/Halo/single/not a father, etc.

Anyways, I'll let you continue to spew stupid stuff that has absolutely no merit. Anytime I actually try to engage in a convo with you I'm met with 1 word ignoramus answers.

I guess constantly being 2nd best makes a person bitter. :(

Smokey, how many break away runs will you receive? Did you guys know Foster is the only player in the game where breakaway speed actually works? :p

BigAT

So, does attempting to make highlights post game in madden cause the same issues as in NCAA? (ie it disconnects you from ea servers and you can't report game results). I got scared off from it in NCAA, but is it fine in Madden?

No, but uploading them kind of breaks the EA franchise site.

eznark

Banned
The game gifted me a win last night alright...I've already said I enjoy the game this year due to me not having much gaming time anymore, so Madden fits in nicely, in past years I've been addicted to WoW/Halo/single/not a father, etc.

Anyways, I'll let you continue to spew stupid stuff that has absolutely no merit. Anytime I actually try to engage in a convo with you I'm met with 1 word ignoramus answers.

I guess constantly being 2nd best makes a person bitter. :(

what't's your vote on the trade

Smokey

Smokey, how many break away runs will you receive? Did you guys know Foster is the only player in the game where breakaway speed actually works? :p

BS

You have no tangible evidence! There is clear cut evidence of Madden helping you tho ;p

You know how you felt playing against B2k yesterday? That's the experience of playing against the Stealers. Yes the Stealers.

LiveWire

False!

The gov't job I'm trying to get is easily where all the money is!

Well, truth be told, the REAL money was in working for the gov't long enough to get a pension, THEN shifting to private industry. Like our friend Chris Dodd who's in charge of the MPAA now.

daw840

Well, truth be told, the REAL money was in working for the gov't long enough to get a pension, THEN shifting to private industry. Like our friend Chris Dodd who's in charge of the MPAA now.

Yeah, the people who work for air traffic control in the private sector (little airports, etc.) make like half of what the gov't employees make.

Top Bottom