• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Birdman02

And if they screw DCX!

I'm a regular listener to the ESPN Fantasy Focus podcast, they had a segment yesterday with a fantasy commissioner that secretly edited his roster moves so that he could pick up Bryce Harper and went back and put him in his lineup after he hit his first homer so he could get credit for it. They said he should be stripped of commissioner power, stripped 1 of 3 keepers, Bryce Harper's stats were removed from his stat line and Harper is ineligible to be picked up by anyone in the league. IIRC we were pretty lenient on DCX comparatively.

I imagine DCX's penalties would have been much more severe if there was money on the line.

Rorschach

What benefitted me last year? Trades are honored because one team gained something and another lost something. A player being injured or suspended because of real life benefits no one

I would think it's because both teams gained something. :p For example, if some team traded a franchise QB for a first rounder and we didn't honor the trades, the team that got the franchise QB would now have a first rounder and a franchise QB. The team that gave up the QB would have nothing.

...but I still don't like them. However, I may be biased because of how royally fucked I got last year. Paying for the follies of my team's poor, real life, management every year sucks. Things will change from this year forward, though!

BigAT

And if they screw DCX!

I'm a regular listener to the ESPN Fantasy Focus podcast, they had a segment yesterday with a fantasy commissioner that secretly edited his roster moves so that he could pick up Bryce Harper and went back and put him in his lineup after he hit his first homer so he could get credit for it. They said he should be stripped of commissioner power, stripped 1 of 3 keepers, Bryce Harper's stats were removed from his stat line and Harper is ineligible to be picked up by anyone in the league. IIRC we were pretty lenient on DCX comparatively.

Hey, I suggested harsher penalties (more creative too!) when I was asked about it. The absolute worst was the decision to spread his already small cap hit out over two years, as though we would actually be playing another season.

Hey, I suggested harsher penalties (more creative too!) when I was asked about it. The absolute worst was the decision to spread his already small cap hit out over two years, as though we would actually be playing another season.

Still think we should have forced weekly videos recapping the week of Madden games, with a mandatory "L running" sketch at least once per video

Rorschach

No they won't.

Oh yes they will! Shit's already changed. We have a friggin' GM! When's the last time we had a GM? The last time the Raiders were good!

The Carson trade was made after Al Passed so nope, no changes.

That's why I said "team's poor management" instead of "Al's poor team management." Jackson's gone too. The times, they are a changin'!

And I meant as far as me having picks at the beginning of the year this upcoming draft.

Any hope Peyton retires mid-season?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Max Payne 3 is really good. How do two games of this caliber come out on the same day. Amazing. I wish i had the time for all for this.

tumblr_l9rjhd0AzZ1qabwixo1_500.png

DMczaf

So yeah, NHL 13 now has a legit online franchise mode now.

GM Connected

The ultimate fantasy league with friends. GM Connected takes the franchise’s most popular offline mode, Be a GM, and allows you to play with and against your friends in your own 30-team NHL. Whether you are a hardcore sports gamer or a hockey fan that moonlights as an armchair general manager, the mode offers unrivaled accessibility and depth by allowing players to manage, play or coach on the road to building your team’s legacy. GM’s can also take their experience with them with a mobile companion app, ensuring that they never miss a single moment.

Mrbob

Shame of the forever...I never played Half Life 1. I watched youtube videos of the story before Half Life 2 came out. HL2 and the two episodes after are some of my favorite FPS games. I keep on wanting to go back to play the original but I have too many new games to play.

DMczaf

Shame of the forever...I never played Half Life 1. I watched youtube videos of the story before Half Life 2 came out. HL2 and the two episodes after are some of my favorite FPS games. I keep on wanting to go back to play the original but I have too many new games to play.

Play that shit! I need to do my annual HL series playthrough soon.

Rorschach

You son of a bitch... Steam should lock you out until you finish it.

Somnia

Your PC Gamer card is now revoked until you play HL1 and Blue Shift (well you dont HAVE to play it, but you should)

Mrbob

Look at this heart warming story, jerks!

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/stor...hall-learned-new-york-city-nightclub-incident

A new man! He is fully cleared of being involved in this incident, too!

Do we know what Marshall will be rated in Madden 13? I've never had an elite WR to use before (Randy Moss denial never forget!), so it's going to be weird being able to throw the ball up to a WR in coverage and expect him to catch it. This should free up more TE usage for me too! Win/win!

Rorschach

A matter of time, Tebowing has been in NCAA.
Oh for fuck's sake, they're even a few years behind on that!

I can't wait for the OF improvements that they promised, though. It's gonna be great! I bet we at least get realistic schedules, contracts, and mid-season player progressions based on performance if not a full GM mode.

DMczaf

Oh for fuck's sake, they're even a few years behind on that!

I can't wait for the OF improvements that they promised, though. It's gonna be great! I bet we at least get realistic schedules, contracts, and mid-season player progressions based on performance if not a full GM mode.

homer-the-vigilante-600x480.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
They've run it into the ground. And the reruns they show all seem to be the new shit.
Although i did enjoy the ride at Universal Studios.

DMczaf

Madden 12 trade-in value went from $8 to $13.50 on Amazon.

I could probably get more on Ebay, but I don't give a shit anymore. I'm ready for NCAA 13.

Sanjuro

I still enjoy the Simpsons, just not anywhere near the same standards as the years mentioned. To me it's like SNL in terms of variable quality. As of late it has hit a nice little stride that I've been quite enjoying.

Anyone playing Diablo later? I'm out at nine EST, planning on playing it most of the night. Still on ACT 1 though.

LukeSmith

Finished Nightmare this morning. Trasher and I and two other dudes did Acts I-III on Nightmare last night and I polished it off with a buddy this morning. Nightmare is where the game starts to get amazing.

Monk is 49.8 and heading to Hell as soon as I hit 50.

Top Bottom