• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Ferny

Finished Nightmare this morning. Trasher and I and two other dudes did Acts I-III on Nightmare last night and I polished it off with a buddy this morning. Nightmare is where the game starts to get amazing.

Monk is 49.8 and heading to Hell as soon as I hit 50.

How was the loot in the later Acts of nightmare?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Finished Nightmare this morning. Trasher and I and two other dudes did Acts I-III on Nightmare last night and I polished it off with a buddy this morning. Nightmare is where the game starts to get amazing.

Monk is 49.8 and heading to Hell as soon as I hit 50.

Jesus how are you guys so fast?

Granted I'm probably going real slow. Level 20 with 9 hour 46 minutes in.

First time posting in this thread.

I want to know, is there a way to play online (against another human on another console) with a friend locally?

Eg if my friend and I want to play on the same side but want to take on dudes online, is there a way?

Note: I am on PS3, but their threads are dead and I wouldn't imagine there'd be much difference asking a generic question like this.

Cheers.

First time posting in this thread.

I want to know, is there a way to play online (against another human on another console) with a friend locally?

Eg if my friend and I want to play on the same side but want to take on dudes online, is there a way?

Note: I am on PS3, but their threads are dead and I wouldn't imagine there'd be much difference asking a generic question like this.

Cheers.

i think team play is still in the game, and if so then you should be able to play with your buddy against others. i never used or tried team play in madden 12 doe

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
How you running your Barb CB? In terms of skills, weapons, and all that.

My main focus from my items at the moment is STR and Crit damage percentages. With MF% and health related stats second.

For skills i have the Attack and Defense shouts active at all time which helps a ton, with hammer of the ancients as my go to attack and Earthquake with the ice rune when i get into trouble. Its been pretty good so far. Im not the strongest barb ever at my level but i can tank and crowd control very well

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
My main focus from my items at the moment is STR and Crit damage percentages. With MF% and health related stats second.

For skills i have the Attack and Defense shouts active at all time which helps a ton, with hammer of the ancients as my go to attack and Earthquake with the ice rune when i get into trouble. Its been pretty good so far. Im not the strongest barb ever at my level but i can tank and crowd control very well

MF?

I'm having a ball as a barb. I love the revenge ability even tho it's only a 15% chance, but I especially like the berserker rage. Not awesome by you guys' standard, but at level 21, I feel that my 125 DPS with just a single one handed weapon. is pretty damn good.

Ramirez

MF?

I'm having a ball as a barb. I love the revenge ability even tho it's only a 15% chance, but I especially like the berserker rage. Not awesome by you guys' standard, but at level 21, I feel that my 125 DPS with just a single one handed weapon. is pretty damn good.

Magic find

CB3

Hey east coast friends. while you guys are in the dark tomorrow, ill be viewing a fucking solar eclipse.

West side

2pac-finger.jpg

bluemax

Banned
I'm level 12 on my first normal playthrough if that counts.

I can't wait til Torchlight comes out.

I played about 5 hours of the Torchlight 2 beta this past weekend. So good.

Yeah, it's rad and it doesn't go out of its way to make me angry so my joking comment after playing the D3 beta (that TL2 was going to be better) seems like it might be spot on.

Actual skill trees! Pets! Stat growth I can control!

eznark

Banned
You don't appreciate how awesome pets are until you no longer have pets. Having to go back to town to unburden is the main reason I'm only playing like an hour at a time.

LukeSmith

Yeah, it's rad and it doesn't go out of its way to make me angry so my joking comment after playing the D3 beta (that TL2 was going to be better) seems like it might be spot on.

I'm not going to white knight for Blizzard here, but how does it make you angry?

eznark

Banned
Now way, there is tons of animal murder! My biggest gameplay gripe is the lack of a pet!

I'm not going to white knight for Blizzard here, but how does it make you angry?

- The always on DRM. I paid very little attention to the game because I knew I would be getting it, so I wasn't aware there was no single player offline option. The fact that I need to put up with the game not being available, crashing at any point and losing progress or lag in a game I want to play single player is simply untenable for me. I've skipped all Ubi games because of it (despite really, really loving the Anno series) but I don't remember ever having any issues with Starcraft so I thought maybe it would be alright. It's not. It's awful. I had no lag in the campaign on Starcraft, why the fuck do I have lag in a simple arpg?

- The game feels unfinished. An auction house that is indefinitely delayed? Monk powers that have no animations? (I had a back and forth with a few people on twitter and none of us knew if the monk warp was lagging out or if it really was supposed to be without animation). Blizzard works on their own time so I assume a huge level of polish. This game lacks it in little ways such as that.

- Account hacked? What the fuck. Again, give me an option to play a character offline so I don't have to worry about losing all of my progress or buying an activation dongle.

- Alt+tab too long? Booted. From a game I was playing by my fucking self. Are you kidding me? How am I supposed to play two games at once if one keeps kicking me out?

I can put up with these issues for a competitive game or a game that has persistence. That makes sense to me. For Diablo III? Every hassle is directly related to being forced to be online. I'm forced to be online because 1. Blizzard wants me to spend money on items in the game (no) and/or 2. Blizzard's DRM solution is to treat everyone like a criminal. Either way it pisses me off.

Yes I'm going to keep playing it and yeah, I generally enjoy the game but is it leaps and bounds better than Titan Quest or Diablo II? Not to me it isn't. It also pisses me off that people are so willing to defend this bullshit just because it's Blizzard.

I dipped a toe into the always on DRM bullshit and I fucking haaaaate it. That's my fault for trying it, and I won't make that mistake again (except in the situations outlined above, where constant connection makes sense).

I could probably deal with all of those things without getting "angry" but then every now and then my monk will be six steps behind where he was a second ago because of a lag spike and the issues get thrown in my face. That's the part that makes me angry. The stuff that pisses me off is unavoidable.

Ferny

If you are playing Diablo as a single player game you are doing it wrong.
Yeah I never got this whole "You got DRM in my single player game" nonsense. I don't think i put in one hour of time in D3 as strictly singleplayer mode. I always went online and played that way even solo.

The whole AH isn't ready thing is a wash too. It's only the real money AH that isn't up and frankly who cares?

Rorschach

Yeah I never got this whole "You got DRM in my single player game" nonsense. I don't think i put in one hour of time in D3 as strictly singleplayer mode.

Good for you? Now what is there to get? People like options. Some people aren't in your particular situation. Some people don't have the same taste as you. Some people like to play it offline. Some people have no choice but to play offline.

Is the desire for options really that confusing? What I don't get is consumers rallying against consumer options or for their own limitations.

Good for you? Now what is there to get? People like options. Some people aren't in your particular situation. Some people don't have the same taste as you. Some people like to play it offline. Some people have no choice but to play offline.

Is the desire for options really that confusing? What I don't get is consumers rallying against consumer options or for their own limitations.

that's why i don't understand people saying "i don't care bout no NFL 2k! madden is better anyways!"

CB3

The always on DRM allows for things like the Auction House. Regardless of how you feel about that option, its one created by the DRM.

It has its downsides but the positives outweigh the negatives. The servers have not been an issue since mid-last week. The occasional lag spike that occurs is next to nothing.

eznark

Banned
It has its downsides but the positives outweigh the negatives. The servers have not been an issue since mid-last week. The occasional lag spike that occurs is next to nothing.
An offline only mode solves every single issue I have. Don't let me bring that stuff into the multiplayer game/auction house. Simple. For me there are literally no positives to the onerous and fragile DRM scheme as I will not be using the auction house.

Yeah I never got this whole "You got DRM in my single player game" nonsense. I don't think i put in one hour of time in D3 as strictly singleplayer mode. I always went online and played that way even solo.

The whole AH isn't ready thing is a wash too. It's only the real money AH that isn't up and frankly who cares?

Cool! Glad the game works out for you. For me it's a great game in a used toilet paper wrapping. Since others are offering me essentially the same game without the trappings of turds, I'll simply look forward to those.

Blizzard shall not be questioned.

Rorschach

The always on DRM allows for things like the Auction House. Regardless of how you feel about that option, its one created by the DRM.

Offline characters. Like in previous games. Problem solved. But it's not about that. It's about stringent DRM and squeezing money out of people with microtransactions. That's the way of the future, I guess, but it doesn't mean we all have to like it!

CB3

Your issues are all pretty minor. The fact they make you angry is the larger issue.

And im hardly a PC or Blizzard fanboy. The outrage besides that initial first few days when the servers took a shit seem petty.

For the few that dont have access to the internet for whatever reason (Rors), there lies an actual issue i suppose. Even if i dont know why anyone would ever want to play diablo by themselves.

Every other point seems like the usual odd bickering that GAF does.

squeezing money out of people with microtransactions. That's the way of the future, I guess, but it doesn't mean we all have to like it!

Then dont use the real or fake auction house! And it will be exactly how diablo 2 was. No one is forcing you. And they arent the ones putting them items up, anyway. Its other users. Which happened in Diablo 2 as well. Just on eBay.

Rorschach

I'm not angry. Just sayin'. There's nothing to "get." Some people like to play offline and some people can't play online. If you don't, that's great for you, but that doesn't mean that no one can differ from that.

eznark

Banned
Then dont use the real or fake auction house! And it will be exactly how diablo 2 was. No one is forcing you. And they arent the ones putting them items up, anyway. Its other users. Which happened in Diablo 2 as well. Just on eBay.

And if I don't use the auction house there is no need to force me to always be online. That's the point. And sure the issues are minor but they add up and there simply isn't a big enough difference in most of these games to put up with a pile of nagging annoyances.

I do like the game (played like 4 hours tonight) but it's not going to be appreciably better than Torchlight 2 and honestly I don't see a lot of ways that it is better than Titan Quest or most others. I put up with a whole lot for a good loot fest (I played all of Space Siege!) but DRM that impacts the game experience just isn't something I can tolerate.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Lucky. :(

Ferny

I understand people's complaints, but the issue is not worth arguing about. It's done...the game has always on DRM. The people that like to play it offline well I guess this isn't the game for them. Sure it would be nice if the option was there for people that want it but it isn't and there are other games out there that can scratch the same itch as Diablo would atleast in a dungeon crawler/loot collecting sense. For the fans of Diablo that won't get to really play it does suck, but it is what it is.

Top Bottom