• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Doubt it.

And if there was it would consist of people talking about how its the same game every year. And people who say NFL 2k5 is better. Thats as far as it ever gets.

eznark

Banned
I understand people's complaints, but the issue is not worth arguing about. It's done...the game has always on DRM. The people that like to play it offline well I guess this isn't the game for them. Sure it would be nice if the option was there for people that want it but it isn't and there are other games out there that can scratch the same itch as Diablo would atleast in a dungeon crawler/loot collecting sense. For the fans of Diablo that won't get to really play it does suck, but it is what it is.

I don't disagree, I only wrote up my issues because I was asked. Like I said I'll keep playing this one since I bought it but I won't make the same mistake again. When I realized it had the always on DRM I was kind of hoping I would never notice it and realize I was just being an idiot about it so that I could buy Anno but nope, it's a game breaker for me.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
someone was asking about teamplay earlier? pretty sure you cannot play two people on the same system in an online game.

I've never played a diablo or diablo type game before, but I really like what I have played so far, only level 5. I still hate the idea of trying to relax and have fun with a game on a computer after spending all day at work on a computer. That probably sounds silly to most but it's always been a turn off for me. Only recently started playing pc games but I like what I've dabbled in so far. Pointing and clicking for moving is still wierd to me but the combat is a lot more enjoyable than I expected.

You can point and hold for movement and then just drag the mouse around, which I've found to work pretty well.

If you have a mouse with more than two buttons, you can bind the move command to one of them. I've mapped it to the middle button so that I can easily move if being attacked by a mob and I need to escape or find the nearest health globe.

eznark

Banned
If you have a mouse with more than two buttons, you can bind the move command to one of them. I've mapped it to the middle button so that I can easily move if being attacked by a mob and I need to escape or find the nearest health globe.

Oh sweet. I've been trying to find things to do with the RAT.

Oh sweet. I've been trying to find things to do with the RAT.

I kept getting frustrated when I wanted to move and attacked instead, nearly killed me a few times before I decided to bind the move command to the mouse wheel button. Also have my 1 and 2 skills mapped to the side buttons.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I don't disagree, I only wrote up my issues because I was asked. Like I said I'll keep playing this one since I bought it but I won't make the same mistake again. When I realized it had the always on DRM I was kind of hoping I would never notice it and realize I was just being an idiot about it so that I could buy Anno but nope, it's a game breaker for me.

I was up early and wanted to play a bit before work, this was 5:30 AM, battle.net was down for maintenance. ;_;

LukeSmith

They could've let players create offline profiles that were silo'd off completely from the online ecosystem.

They probably kept the whole game online for a handful of reasons like: preserve the game's economy, especially because of RMAH, try and keep the game server based because of the untrustworthiness of the client environment (already hacked, so mission failed there) and probably some less savory business reasons like forcing always connection because each player represents some theoretical amount of RMAH cash back to Blizzard.

I wouldn't call Diablo a single player game or lament that my single player game has to be always online. But, it would've been nice if there was a way to play sharded off from the population with a character that never can access the online ecosystem - no loot trading, et cetera.

That's clearly your fault for thinking you could play the game you bought whenever you wanted to.

I know you're an MMO nerd, so this isn't anything new to you. And with your MMOs, you were paying a fee to not play during maintenance.

eznark

Banned
I wouldn't call Diablo a single player game or lament that my single player game has to be always online. But, it would've been nice if there was a way to play sharded off from the population with a character that never can access the online ecosystem - no loot trading, et cetera.

That would have solved every problem that I personally have with the game.

The game isn't an MMO, that's why I'm not willing to put up with the MMO bullshit. Though maybe if it were an MMO they would have put some effort into the story!

Mrbob

I've been buying gems since emeralds are plentiful and cheap to boost my demon hunters dex. Other than that I've mostly relied on loot, though I bought a pair of boots from the auction house.

One thing I don't like about crafting is the randomness of magical properties. I need Dex boosts for my equipment and I went through a stretch of crafting like 5 straight items that gave me intelligence and vitality boosts, things i didn't need.

One thing I don't like about crafting is the randomness of magical properties. I need Dex boosts for my equipment and I went through a stretch of crafting like 5 straight items that gave me intelligence and vitality boosts, things i didn't need.

This game thinks I'm a fucking barbarian. I never get anything but strength items

CB3

thecoldone33 4:23 pm
i need a new mouse

i have two and neither seem that great for diablo
one is a really old microsoft optical mouse
one is a logitech smaller wireless mouse
i need one of those comfortable ass ones

Luke Smith 4:24 pm
i have a godly mouse
like an m517 or something
i fucking love it
it's like fingerbanging a 19 year old college co-ed

Just a sample of my daily conversations with Luke Smith

LukeSmith

I've been buying gems since emeralds are plentiful and cheap to boost my demon hunters dex. Other than that I've mostly relied on loot, though I bought a pair of boots from the auction house.

I would definitely recommend not leveling the Smith/Artisan till late in the game. Just spend that money on your character and your stash.

When you say late game, how late? Hell difficulty? I have him almost to level 6 now, so he can create some cool stuff for me.

Look at you pretending to care about Starhawk. You owe me a copy of Madden 13, friend!

go ahead and check my playtime brah! ive played plenty! u aint gettin shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! don't blame me that D3 has taken over YOUR life!

Ramirez

Speaking of drops, I'm on Hell now and have cleared all of Normal with a second character; still 0 uniques.

I've only had one pair of crappy bracers from Normal mode. A buddy found a weapon that sucked, & another friend found a legendary blacksmithing plan for a 1H with like 5 random stats.

God damn Blizzard-fu is strong. Any minor complaint with the game? "you're doing it wrong!"

Didn't really think he was complaining, I was just saying the AH isn't mandatory. Weird...

DMczaf

i need a new mouse

i have two and neither seem that great for diablo
one is a really old microsoft optical mouse
one is a logitech smaller wireless mouse
i need one of those comfortable ass ones

Luke Smith 4:24 pm
i have a godly mouse
like an m517 or something
i fucking love it
it's like fingerbanging a 19 year old college co-ed

Just a sample of my daily conversations with Luke Smith

Luke Wordsmith

Don't know if you guys have played around with LA Noir, but I've been digging it so far. The whole Noir film setting is a big bonus. I know alot of people don't like it and say things like its boring, but its legit. Gets me excited for GTA5

CB3

Don't know if you guys have played around with LA Noir, but I've been digging it so far. The whole Noir film setting is a big bonus. I know alot of people don't like it and say things like its boring, but its legit. Gets me excited for GTA5

Ill be interested to see how you feel after you've beat the game

BigAT

Same. By the time I finished I was surprised at how little I liked that game.

DCX

DCX
I enjoyed it very much. I was disappointed a bit because I did expect some more freedom but after accepting the game for what it was I enjoyed it.

DCX

Same. By the time I finished I was surprised at how little I liked that game.

Ugh, thats really unfortunate to hear -_-

I enjoyed it very much. I was disappointed a bit because I did expect some more freedom but after accepting the game for what it was I enjoyed it.

DCX

I'm ok with the limited freedom. My only complaint so far is the fucking ai drivers and people walking around on the streets, especially when I have my sirens on. I keep trying to justify it by telling myself that people really are terrible drivers in real life, but not this bad.

And for what its worth, I'm on the 3rd case at the homicide desk. Last case was pretty fun with the Golden Butterfly Brooch.

Mrbob

Poor Dragon's Dogma, it got sucked into the Blizzard whirlwind:

Diablo® III Sets PC-Game Launch Record
The forces of Sanctuary already stand more than 6.3-million strong and growing

IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced that as of the first 24 hours of Diablo® III’s release, more than 3.5 million copies had been sold, setting the new all-time record for fastest-selling PC game.* That number does not include the more than 1.2 million players who received Diablo III as part of signing up for the World of Warcraft® Annual Pass promotion. Altogether, more than 4.7 million gamers around the world were poised to storm Sanctuary on day 1 of Diablo III’s release -- representing the biggest PC-game launch in history.

“We’re definitely thrilled that so many people around the world were excited to pick up their copy of Diablo III and jump in the moment it went live”

As of the first week of the game’s availability, that number had already grown to more than 6.3 million.* The above figures also do not include players in Korean Internet game rooms, where Diablo III has become the top-played game, achieving a record share of more than 39% as of May 22.

“We’re definitely thrilled that so many people around the world were excited to pick up their copy of Diablo III and jump in the moment it went live,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We also regret that our preparations were not enough to ensure everyone had a seamless experience when they did so. I want to reaffirm our commitment to make sure the millions of Diablo III players out there have a great experience with the game moving forward, and I also want to thank them for their ongoing support.”

“Regarding today’s announcement, we recognize that setting a new launch record is a big achievement,” Morhaime continued. “However, we’re especially proud of the gameplay feedback we’ve received from players worldwide. We’re pleased that Diablo III has lived up to players’ high expectations, and we’re looking forward to welcoming more players into Sanctuary in the days ahead.”

Diablo III went live on May 15, with more than 8,000 retailers throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, South Korea, Southeast Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau opening their doors to players at midnight or concurrently with the local release time in celebration of the launch. In addition to being able to buy the game at retail stores, gamers in the regions above as well as in Mexico, Argentina, Chile, and Brazil are also able to purchase Diablo III digitally via the official Diablo III website (http://www.diablo3.com).

Commenting on the game’s sales achievement, Bob McKenzie, senior vice president of merchandising at GameStop, stated, “Diablo III was one of our biggest PC launches ever and will help make this a record year for Blizzard at GameStop.”

According to John Love, director of video games at Amazon.com, “Not only did Diablo III break the record for most preordered PC game of all-time on Amazon.com, but it also shattered the record for best day-one sales for any PC game ever on Amazon.com.” Blizzard thanks its retail partners around the world for their support and commitment to the Diablo series.

Wonder how Max Payne 3 did by comparison. We now know why console gaming is down, as PC gaming is taking over again!

Squirt those tears, Eznark. Blizzard always wins!

Mrbob

You've been sobbing to me on aim and in game about Diablo 3 this past week. Join us! Goty cannot be defeated.

It's crazy how I beat the game on Normal, and jumped back in right on Nightmare. I'm gonna crush my smith, though! I can create armor which is a HUGE increase in defense for me, but I need a dex boost. I've had him craft this armor 4 times now (and it isn't cheap in materials) and no time did he craft one with a dex boost! So off to the auction house they went!

By the way, I'm day one-ing torchlight 2 so you better be online to play!

eznark

Banned
You've been sobbing to me on aim and in game about Diablo 3 this past week. Join us! Goty cannot be defeated.

It's crazy how I beat the game on Normal, and jumped back in right on Nightmare. I'm gonna crush my smith, though! I can create armor which is a HUGE increase in defense for me, but I need a dex boost. I've had him craft this armor 4 times now (and it isn't cheap in materials) and no time did he craft one with a dex boost! So off to the auction house they went!

By the way, I'm day one-ing torchlight 2 so you better be online to play!

Not about the game, about Blizzard. Notice I've been bitching IN GAME. I'm playing it as often as possible. It's great. I'm just not going to buy the next one.

You know I am down for Torchlight.

Not about the game, about Blizzard. Notice I've been bitching IN GAME. I'm playing it as often as possible. It's great. I'm just not going to buy the next one.

Probably because we'll all have arthritis by the time the next one arrives.

LukeSmith

add me, I want to read the complaints in game while I'm buttfucking Satan. BangShed#1747

eznark

Banned
Probably because we'll all have arthritis by the time the next one arrives.

I'm including expansions! And I figure they will want to churn those out fairly regularly to keep people invested in the auction house.

Speaking of Torchlight, I gotta say I'm really shocked at how much Diablo 3 copies from Torchlight 1.

Except for the most important and best part: pack mules who can buy/sell!

I think I already have you on my friends list Luke.

Top Bottom