• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

TheCrow

I take no offense to either term but we prefer little people. I think the cutoff is a little under 5 feet. Growing up I was average height, then I went to a school that wasn't comprised of only mexicans. :(

TheCrow

Depending on the standard deviation 5'4 might not be too far off but at least I wasn't the shortest guy, let alone person. But I got over being self conscious about my height a long time ago.

LiveWire

Don't we have this amazing zeal for the league every year post-E3?

Like always, it's gonna thin out. We have a good plan for how we're going to fill in the spots this year (Lottery System for the losers of play-in games) and I'm going to try and come up with a way to make any waiting list interesting, too - though, soccer-style relegation may be too cutthroat.

Denogg is a good dude, probably got a bit of a bad roll a few times and had to play in a division with Lonestar at the height of Lonestar being fucking annoying. Toss the dude a break.

CB is also right about the interest we have right now being way up there. It'll get sorted out.

Did someone say "soccer"? :D

bluemax

Banned
Racist please. I did hardscape patio work and built boulder walls in my summers between college.

Just because I don't murder animals or vote for Gunz, doesn't mean I'm the secret bonus member of the cast of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

luke-smith-bungie.jpg

vs

Secret? You're the most flamboyant 1up character ever. You weren't fooling anybody.

ibekvTk2cqgIPe.png

2 men enter, one man leaves!

:jnc

Isn't there a /roll in Diablo III(Or something else mutlpile of you play, starcraft has one no?). Assign a number to each team and select the order each player will roll ahead of time (one person does this, but others can witness it). If a 7 is rolled then you make the 8 the 7, the 9 the 8, and the 10 the 9 for the next roll. Why not do it that way, clearly fair.

LiveWire

All this talk of lotteries and shit...if we really wanted to make it interesting, we just make everyone participate in the lottery. First pick gets to pick any of the 32 teams...either their own favorite team or perhaps a power team. The potential for hilarity abounds.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Epic last page gents.

I'd hate it if AT or I lost and then didn't get into the league because we lost some stupid lottery. That wouldn't make any sense at all. He's been around since Madden 10 and won the last SB, I've been around since Madden 04 online tournaments. If it was vets (described as 2+ years with the league) get preference and pick first then the rest is sorted out, I'm ok with that.

Edit: I like Livewire's suggestion, but there's more than 32 players around.

LiveWire

Epic last page gents.

I'd hate it if AT or I lost and then didn't get into the league because we lost some stupid lottery. That wouldn't make any sense at all. He's been around since Madden 10 and won the last SB, I've been around since Madden 04 online tournaments. If it was vets (described as 2+ years with the league) get preference and pick first then the rest is sorted out, I'm ok with that.

I think you've already got the right idea.

LukeSmith

Epic last page gents.

The lottery eligible teams will surely be prioritized based on Vets (only vets can PLAY for a team anyway!).

This isn't like "infinite people play for 32 spots." I just assumed that was implied. I think it'd be pretty short sighted if we had like 45 people play for 32 spots and then said "Sorry half of you, you're out." The likelier outcome is "hey 45 people, 13 of you are on a waiting list, vets have priority" and then of the people who need to play for teams, they will go to the lottery.

Guys like AT, you and Livewire wouldn't ever get left out in the cold because of Stripper Lottery.

Mrbob

I'm not a fan of this lottery system. Seems redundant. If 90 percent of the league already knows what team they want what is the point? This league is too bitter. Once one domino falls and someone loses their team, we are going to start seeing everyone lose their team. I don't see a problem with a lottery involved for players who don't care what team they want to use, or for those fighting for teams and losing out.

Speaking of this, Birdie makes an interesting argument. He has played a long time, so losing a claim on the Saints would be rough. However I can see the counter argument where you give up your right towards a team if you want to play for another one. Spin the wheel of fate and see where it lands!

McNei1y

However I can see the counter argument where you give up your right towards a team if you want to play for another one. Spin the wheel of fate and see where it lands!

This is the way I see it. Just doesn't seem too fair for someone to have two team opportunities. But i dont care in the end as long as i got a team

DCX

DCX
I'm not a fan of this lottery system. Seems redundant. If 90 percent of the league already knows what team they want what is the point? This league is too bitter. Once one domino falls and someone loses their team, we are going to start seeing everyone lose their team. I don't see a problem with a lottery involved for players who don't care what team they want to use, or for those fighting for teams and losing out.

Speaking of this, Birdie makes an interesting argument. He has played a long time, so losing a claim on the Saints would be rough. However I can see the counter argument where you give up your right towards a team if you want to play for another one. Spin the wheel of fate and see where it lands!
I understand Bird and his point. The problem is we shouldn't reward Bird or FMT with the Saints if they lose out on the 49ers. Not fair to others fighting for teams like At, Wellie etc. A lottery would be fair. A Vet lottery and a newbie lottery. Once the vets get their teams
Through the remainder into the newbie lotto.

DCX

I understand Bird and his point. The problem is we shouldn't reward Bird or FMT with the Saints if they lose out on the 49ers. Not fair to others fighting for teams like At, Wellie etc. A lottery would be fair. A Vet lottery and a newbie lottery. Once the vets get their teams

DCX

i wouldn't use the saints even if i had the option unless the only alternative was an NFC west team. can't fucking stand the saints

Birdman02

DCX

How is it any different than how it's been handled in the past? BigAT was gonna get the Packers last year (or at least have to play eznark) if he had lost to Wellie because he had used them the previous year.

Like I said, I've had the Saints for the last 3 years of Madden and it sucks to possibly lose them without the opportunity to play for them. I'd totally understand if there were an actual Saints fan in this league, but there's not. I haven't used the 49ers in Madden since I joined this league in '06 or '07, so the Saints have kind of become my adopted team.

Enough whining though...it is what it is.

Mrbob

I really can't wait for FMT to end his Madden career in Vikings purple. He'll be joining old man Favre soon planted into the ground!

urlacher-favre-thumb-500x340-13310.jpg

McNei1y

How is it any different than how it's been handled in the past? BigAT was gonna get the Packers last year (or at least have to play eznark) if he had lost to Wellie because he had used them the previous year.

Like I said, I've had the Saints for the last 3 years of Madden and it sucks to possibly lose them without the opportunity to play for them. I'd totally understand if there were an actual Saints fan in this league, but there's not. I haven't used the 49ers in Madden since I joined this league in '06 or '07, so the Saints have kind of become my adopted team.

Enough whining though...it is what it is.

I like the idea that DCX mentioned: having a vet lottery before a rookie lottery. I don't care what it comes down too but I want some equality in the league at least. It didn't seem to fair for AT to have claim for the Packers last year and it doesn't really seem fair now either.

I think the vets get two advantages above rookies: Having the ability to play for their teams and also possibly having a lottery pick before rookies. Having two claims for teams seems like way too much though. But in the end, whatever everyone agrees with is fine with me.

I like the idea that DCX mentioned: having a vet lottery before a rookie lottery. I don't care what it comes down too but I want some equality in the league at least. It didn't seem to fair for AT to have claim for the Packers last year and it doesn't really seem fair now either.

I think the vets get two advantages above rookies: Having the ability to play for their teams and also possibly having a lottery pick before rookies. Having two claims for teams seems like way too much though. But in the end, whatever everyone agrees with is fine with me.

as if you're going to be involved in the lottery lulz

McNei1y

Maybe we should just set up a Vet tournament after the play-for-team games get finished. That way, the champ of the tournament gets first pick, second place gets second pick, etc etc.

King of the Gridiron bitches.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Maybe we should just set up a Vet tournament after the play-for-team games get finished. That way, the champ of the tournament gets first pick, second place gets second pick, etc etc.

King of the Gridiron bitches.

I prefer the drama of a lottery.

Top Bottom