• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Except you would rage quit a lot and you didn't even put your name in the hat to play at all in madden 12!

Btw drizzler do u want to be in the 6* NCAA dynasty? I see you are on the outside looking in for dynasty A
I didn't rage quit once. I always completed at least one season. And I didn't put my hat in because you told me Ferny had the Jets.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I have no memory of Madden 11.

I think he meant you've quit the league at certain points in years past in anger. Also, i think you threw your hat into 12, you would've atleast got a shot at the Jets. Maybe you did it too late?

DenogginizerOS

I have no memory of Madden 11.

I think he meant you've quit the league at certain points in years past in anger. Also, i think you threw your hat into 12, you would've atleast got a shot at the Jets. Maybe you did it too late?
If I quit the league, it was because I personally had no time or had personal matters. But I always played honestly and never quit before at least one season was complete. I also recall in 2010 or 2011 when about 5 or 6 quit before I did and I was still finishing season 2. But what does it really matter? I played with friends last year and had a blast. There are guys in this league who I will always scrim and I think they would support me when I say I play an honest game. If I did get mad, I specifically recall it being over shenanigans committed by specific people or nasty PMs.

DenogginizerOS

I'm just giving you shit. You just took things too seriously at times. Never had any real issues with you.
That is a fair statement. There were some pretty negative forces outside of the Madden league that were sapping my enjoyment from most things over the last few years. I chose to step down rather than continuing on and not being able to give 100%.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Here's how ill put it down. Like i said before, i dont quite recall the specifics of you from the last couple years of madden. I do remember some anger issues and some quitting from the league. There may have been reasons for that like you said. I personally wouldnt hold that against you.

The bigger issue is that we are full up. We're already in waiting list territory. As is turns out, Madden 12 was really the one year to not miss if you wanted nail down a position for yourself going forward. We have our vets, as well as some new guys that came in either in the beginning or midway through and proved valuable.

You brought up a point to Luke and i feel that has merit. But we cant really retroactively change things now.

We'll see how things fall into place going forward. You never know how things will shake out.

LukeSmith

Don't we have this amazing zeal for the league every year post-E3?

Like always, it's gonna thin out. We have a good plan for how we're going to fill in the spots this year (Lottery System for the losers of play-in games) and I'm going to try and come up with a way to make any waiting list interesting, too - though, soccer-style relegation may be too cutthroat.

Denogg is a good dude, probably got a bit of a bad roll a few times and had to play in a division with Lonestar at the height of Lonestar being fucking annoying. Toss the dude a break.

CB is also right about the interest we have right now being way up there. It'll get sorted out.

eznark

Banned

Like always, it's gonna thin out. We have a good plan for how we're going to fill in the spots this year (Lottery System for the losers of play-in games) and I'm going to try and come up with a way to make any waiting list interesting, too - though, soccer-style relegation may be too cutthroat.

Denogg is a good dude, probably got a bit of a bad roll a few times and had to play in a division with Lonestar at the height of Lonestar being fucking annoying. Toss the dude a break.

CB is also right about the interest we have right now being way up there. It'll get sorted out.

I also vote for Denogg. He plays tons and tons of Battlefield on PS3. That pain and suffering has to have earned him something.

DenogginizerOS

I think it's valiant. You truly know the pain and suffering of those soldiers if you are playing that much MP on the ps3.

I keep meaning to get back to it on the PC but it just never happens
I have 3 friends who play with me and it is the only way I can enjoy it. But we have a ton of laughs and truly do enjoy it more times than not. I honestly think Rush is better on consoles, whereas conquest is infinitely better on PC. But the prevalence of aimbots on pc makes playing on console so much better for me.

Birdman02

So will the losers get any preferrential treatment in the lottery? If not, isn't that kind of punishing someone who chooses to play for their team?

I've had the Saints for the last 3 years, and it kind of sucks that a new player will have the same chance of getting them as I would. I mean...I think it would be more fair to do a lottery for the losing players first, then another one for new players. As much as I want to beat FMT...it almost always takes me a full season to hit my stride, so I don't really like my chances.

Of course, it might not even matter since just about everyone has been around multiple years.

Smokey

What you guys call anger issues I call passion.

It's a good thing!

Never had any issues with Denogg

Hahaha! Hater. I have it for PC, too! Anytime you wanna go, just let me know

what I didn't know you had it on PC. Myself, pheeniks, viakado and a couple of guys from the NBA thread are always on. We played Close Quarters yesterdday for a decent amount of time. I have no idea how you can go back to the PS3 and PC versions of the game. I saw console footage of CQ for the first time a few days ago and was shocked at how bad it looked in comparison to the PC version. The HUD, the graphics, the framerate, playercount... Everything left me feeling sorry for console players who have to experience BF like that.

I like the lottery idea so we don't have to go through as much butthurt when people lose and bitch about it being unfair. And if a league vet like Wellington had to go from the Giants to the terrible Madden Bungles last year, I feel like we can all deal

denogg is my boy, i have no problem with him in the league. he constantly complained after about every game (fair criticism but everyone does it too) and quit but i know there were outside factors. i'm not holding anything against him but he hasn't played in the league consistently in 2 years. ferny was a dependable player and played in all the seasons in madden 12. denogg never expressed interested (to my knowledge anyways) in playing in the madden 12 league, or at least i don't remember him posting in the interest thread.

if you want in (and this goes for anyone) then when the interest thread goes up be around and put your name in. i can't guarantee teams available or anything like that but things change all the time so you never know!

LukeSmith

So will the losers get any preferrential treatment in the lottery? If not, isn't that kind of punishing someone who chooses to play for their team?

I've had the Saints for the last 3 years, and it kind of sucks that a new player will have the same chance of getting them as I would. I mean...I think it would be more fair to do a lottery for the losing players first, then another one for new players. As much as I want to beat FMT...it almost always takes me a full season to hit my stride, so I don't really like my chances.

Of course, it might not even matter since just about everyone has been around multiple years.

There are a few interesting formats in my head for the Lottery:

Format 1:
  1. Each user's name is on a board in an order 1-N
  2. Each envelope has a team name on it.
  3. Vets are ordered ahead of new players, i.e. 1. Birdman 2. BigAT et cetera.
  4. In order from lowest to highest, an envelope is selected for each team, i.e. the Vets get the envelopes when the pool is largest.

Format 2:
  1. Each team is on the board in an order from 1-N.
  2. Each envelope has a user's name on it.
  3. 1 is the highest rated team and N is the lowest.
  4. From N to 1, an envelope is drawn assigning each user to that team.

Format 3 - NBA Style
  1. The selection slots are ordered on a board from 1-N.
  2. Each envelope contains a user's name.
  3. Envelopes are drawn from N->1 and users are assigned a picking order.
  4. The users then draft the teams they will control in the order assigned via Lottery.

I don't currently have any affinity toward one of these. Thoughts?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

inpnGsd0TdyCM.gif

But I do like the possibilities of the Soccer-Style Relegation model.

Sanjuro

Format 1:
  1. Each user's name is on a board in an order 1-N
  2. Each envelope has a team name on it.
  3. Vets are ordered ahead of new players, i.e. 1. Birdman 2. BigAT et cetera.
  4. In order from lowest to highest, an envelope is selected for each team, i.e. the Vets get the envelopes when the pool is largest.

Format 2:

Format 3 - NBA Style
  1. The selection slots are ordered on a board from 1-N.
  2. Each envelope contains a user's name.
  3. Envelopes are drawn from N->1 and users are assigned a picking order.
  4. The users are then free to select their teams in the order assigned via the Lottery.

I think Format 1 would keep some people happier, but ideally like Format 3.

Smokey

Format 2:

I personally think this would be the more entertaining of the 3. With this format choice is taken out of the equation, and you get who you get. This may be the least "fair" of your methods, but like I said maybe the more "entertaining".

Out of the two remaining formats that allow for choice, 3 would be ideal.

Nightz

I like the NBA style lottery. May I suggest giving the vets who played for a team two envelopes, just so they have a better chance of being drawn earlier?

DenogginizerOS

Another idea. I like the idea of taking all the names and putting them in a hat. When a person's name is drawn, they choose a team. However, if someone gets their name drawn and their team is taken, they can choose to challenge the other team in a game where the winner gets the disputed team, and the loser now has to pick from the board. Perhaps vets are unchallengeable or they have more challenges than others. A bit like Dirty Santa. It would take a few days, but it would be high drama. Those left can choose to be in a minor league. A commish is appointed and they play for alternate status as the main league goes on.

Birdman02

I think Format 1 would keep some people happier, but ideally like Format 3.

I disagree...in that scenario the "winner" of the lottery could still end up with the worst team.

I don't really like scenario 2 either because the winner of the lottery still doesn't get a choice.

I think NBA style is the best choice, but I like Nightz idea of giving vets better odds.

Sanjuro

I disagree...in that scenario the "winner" of the lottery could still end up with the worst team.

I don't really like scenario 2 either because the winner of the lottery still doesn't get a choice.

I think NBA style is the best choice, but I like Nightz idea of giving vets better odds.

Yeah, that's why I like the last option probably the most.

Ramirez

Aren't most of the people playing for teams vets anyways? If you want to play for your team, I don't think you should easily have a better or just as good team waiting in the wings for you. Wellie took the Bengals after his loss, man up!

DCX

DCX
Aren't most of the people playing for teams vets anyways? If you want to play for your team, I don't think you should easily have a better or just as good team waiting in the wings for you. Wellie took the Bengals after his loss, man up!
This. Its part of the challenge of playing for your team. When Trulize lost the Falcons to me he chose the Vikings. Some got lucky like BigAt and had the Packers to fall back on bit most of the time its a shitty team waiting for you.

Option 3 is the best. One question is how to sort out the number of envelopes the vets get. Total years of service or after two years of service you get an additional envelope.

DCX

LukeSmith

the simpler the process is the harder it is to question.

Yeah, which is sort of why I'm inclined to reduce the complexity even further from "different people get different numbers of envelopes." I can definitely see a world where it's 1 player, 1 envelope and Fate or Destiny or whatever her name is, decides.

Ferny

Yeah, which is sort of why I'm inclined to reduce the complexity even further from "different people get different numbers of envelopes." I can definitely see a world where it's 1 player, 1 envelope and Fate or Destiny or whatever her name is, decides.
You forgot Candy ;)

McNei1y

I like format 3 the best.

I agree with this too.

eznark

Banned

Let's be honest, this is all just Kabuki Theater designed to mask the fact that you, FMT and a few others will be deciding who gets what team.

LukeSmith

Let's be honest, this is all just Kabuki Theater designed to mask the fact that you, FMT and a few others will be deciding who gets what team.

If we wanted to just assign teams it would definitely be easier than arranging this whole complicated and convoluted system that may or may not involve adult entertainment to appease.

Maybe I'll dress a deer live on the stream to get you excited

Birdman02

It may end up that way anyway, since we're full of vets at this point. I just think the brand new people should get stuck with the leftovers

I do wonder if you'd be saying the same thing if you actually had to play for your team.

eznark

Banned
If we wanted to just assign teams it would definitely be easier than arranging this whole complicated and convoluted system that may or may not involve adult entertainment to appease.

Maybe I'll dress a deer live on the stream to get you excited

I'd pay to see that. You seem like the type that carries Purell everywhere and has a panic attack if you get dirt under a fingernail.

LukeSmith

I'd pay to see that. You seem like the type that carries Purell everywhere and has a panic attack if you get dirt under a fingernail.

Racist please. I did hardscape patio work and built boulder walls in my summers between college.

Just because I don't murder animals or vote for Gunz, doesn't mean I'm the secret bonus member of the cast of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

eznark

Banned
Racist please. I did hardscape patio work and built boulder walls in my summers between college.

Just because I don't murder animals or vote for Gunz, doesn't mean I'm the secret bonus member of the cast of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

Secret? You're the most flamboyant 1up character ever. You weren't fooling anybody.

Top Bottom