• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

LiveWire

You don't buy the FTP buzz? I do, especially since valve is now putting games on other platforms. It's totally going to be a LoL business model.

FTP is a fad. DOTA2 will be relegated to "remember that old multiplayer game we played way back when?" in 18 months, 2 years max.

McNei1y

Eznark, I'm available but I'm on xbox so if you're ready to play just hit me up on xbox. I'll be busy playing Fifa!

I've got to get to my place so I can try and get into DOTA 2 and see if I remember how to play lol.

Also, 2012 game hype for me = Mass Effect 3

LiveWire

League of Legends has lasted longer than that. You dont think a Game with Valves marketing will? Ok.

League of Legends is a catchy name. DOTA? New players won't know that it comes from a WarCraft 3 mod called Defense of the Ancients. Lame name. The market (what little market there is) is already saturated by two other games. How good is Heroes of Newerth doing? Probably not good. At best, DOTA may eliminate those other two and just take up that little bit of market.

bluemax

Banned
League of Legends is a catchy name. DOTA? New players won't know that it comes from a WarCraft 3 mod called Defense of the Ancients. Lame name. The market (what little market there is) is already saturated by two other games. How good is Heroes of Newerth doing? Probably not good. At best, DOTA may eliminate those other two and just take up that little bit of market.

Heroes of Newerth's market is suffering pretty bad. I'm sure with every wave of DotA2 invites it gets smaller.

I disagree with F2P being a fad. Its definitely the way of the future for at least 5 years.

As for the name, who cares? You now how this is going to work? Everyone is going to see their friends playing DotA2 on their friends list and wonder what it is. Then when they see its by Valve and its free, well they'll jump in.

The market for these kinds of games is HUUUUUGE in Europe and Asia as well.

Also, 2012 game hype for me = Mass Effect 3

Co-sign.

When that game comes out i wont have time for anything. In fact... once we get closer to release i'll prolly disappear. I'm going to beat 1 & 2 right before release. Mass Effect series is easily my favorite thing from this generation.

Sokantish

Co-sign.

When that game comes out i wont have time for anything. In fact... once we get closer to release i'll prolly disappear. I'm going to beat 1 & 2 right before release. Mass Effect series is easily my favorite thing from this generation.

It's been my favorite too, gets a lot of hate in NeoGAF for some reason

LukeSmith

FTP is a fad. DOTA2 will be relegated to "remember that old multiplayer game we played way back when?" in 18 months, 2 years max.

This is like when you posted on facebook last fall after week 3 about the Redskins going to the playoffs.

I think for a bunch of MaddenGAF that could be true, myself even, but I don't think FTP or DOTA2 are going anywhere.

then that leaves lukems vs. rors jr.

is this game happening or should we simit after jags/texans?

Haven't heard from him at all, been posting my availability of late. Turn injuries off and SIM IT is fine with me.

McNei1y

Man, once you drilled Waters and he fumbled, he was totally ineffective. Ouch. Gg dude.

Yeah GG man. I really thought this game was going to constantly shit on me. I mean that by the two scores you had and then by the two three and outs for my first two series. Then to top on that both of my LOLB's got injured in a row with a bruised sternum. Luckily it picked up after that. Addai went beast mode on that first touchdown.

I was hoping that Waters wasn't injured for awhile after that hit in the fourth. That would've been so lame.

Rookie Watch:

Burchette: 5 ints
Merchant: 6 sacks, 1 FF

McNei1y

Co-sign.

I agree with this. I'm currently playing Mass Effect 2 as an infiltrator (my second play through) and I expect to hopefully play it a third time as a vanguard and to choose different paths. Other games: GTAV (coming out this year?), Halo 4, hopefully Madden if it has OF stuff, DOTA 2, Diablo 3, the new Wow, etc etc.

eznark

Banned
Yeah GG man. I really thought this game was going to constantly shit on me. I mean that by the two scores you had and then by the two three and outs for my first two series. Then to top on that both of my LOLB's got injured in a row with a bruised sternum. Luckily it picked up after that. Addai went beast mode on that first touchdown.

I was hoping that Waters wasn't injured for awhile after that hit in the fourth. That would've been so lame.

Rookie Watch:

Burchette: 5 ints
Merchant: 6 sacks, 1 FF

I was kind of hopin he was. Tim Masthay future!

LiveWire

This is like when you posted on facebook last fall after week 3 about the Redskins going to the playoffs.

It was 62% likely to happen! How was I to know it was the first year since the AFL-NFL merger that 3 teams in the same conference who lost their week 1 game would make the playoffs?

BigAT

Co-sign.

It's been my favorite too, gets a lot of hate in NeoGAF for some reason

I think a lot of it is concern that Bioware is going to give Mass Effect 3 the Dragon Age 2 treatment. I absolutely loved the hell out of ME and ME2, but even I have to admit I am a bit worried about how ME3 is going to turn out.

I think a lot of it is concern that Bioware is going to give Mass Effect 3 the Dragon Age 2 treatment. I absolutely loved the hell out of ME and ME2, but even I have to admit I am a bit worried about how ME3 is going to turn out.

I never played Dragon Age 2(and barely played the first one)... what happened? Bioware completely fucked it up, I'm guessing?

Meant to post this earlier for you DM, but now is as good as ever!

Did your ass call somebody?

doggsupersoaker.jpg

wtf Vince, you really let this happen?

1524_sheamus.png

And the Big Slow was the 30th entrant after he clearly botched the spot with Daniel Bryan?

WWE-The-Big-Show.jpg

I watch this stuff sporadically, but that was awful. And they pretty much buried Ziggler in his match with Punk. Stupid

Yea, I've prepared myself for disappointment and pain. Already convinced myself to not buy it day one, even though the first game was my favorite this gen (because I can't count Banjo and Kazooie or RE4 this gen, right?)

Ramirez

Meant to post this earlier for you DM, but now is as good as ever!

Did your ass call somebody?

doggsupersoaker.jpg

wtf Vince, you really let this happen?

1524_sheamus.png

And the Big Slow was the 30th entrant after he clearly botched the spot with Daniel Bryan?

WWE-The-Big-Show.jpg

I watch this stuff sporadically, but that was awful. And they pretty much buried Ziggler in his match with Punk. Stupid

Yea, I've prepared myself for disappointment and pain. Already convinced myself to not buy it day one, even though the first game was my favorite this gen (because I can't count Banjo and Kazooie or RE4 this gen, right?)

Did the Road Dogg win the Royal Rumble? I haven't watched wrestling in years...

Levious, I'll be around to play tonight at 10:30-11, lets do it!

McNei1y

Pheeniks, I'll play a quick 7 min game if you're down.

edit: nvm. hit me up afterwards if you're interested. I'm going to play another game of FIFA and then chill till my game with FMT.

be ready!

Yeah. I'm just going to watch some on netflix until the vance. send me a message/invite on xbox whenever you're ready.

Top Bottom