• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

It's actually a really incredible playbook too

I like it alot, but I have nothing to compare it to because I don't use any others. Alot of formations for me to run out of, keeping other teams defense guessing. Not that I'm any good in terms of taking advantage of it, but it is there

You still around Drizzle? I can just knock this out if you want

Yup, is it vanced?

goldlion054 said:
like it alot, but I have nothing to compare it to because I don't use any others. Alot of formations for me to run out of, keeping other teams defense guessing. Not that I'm any good in terms of taking advantage of it, but it is there

I'm gonna give it a try. Plenty of I-form? I love I-form slot.

GG Smokey,

I just couldn't stop the run. I was bringing good pressure in the 1st half but once you started to run well it really limited what i could do. Hate Foster/Tate :(

Are we sure this game is tilted towards the offense? Cause i sure as hell cant pass worth a shit! I can't even seem to find the right touch on any of my passes. I cant get it over the db's when my guys are open. And when i try to work the sidelines or a post route its always under-thrown and picked. When i watch people on smokey TV they make the shit look so easy lol. The lack of mojo is hurting my passing game tho I'm sure. I'm liking the texans playbook a lot more than the jags one, thats for sure

Also- Little known fact of the day that randomly popped in my head while playing. I used to bang this girl in the dorms who is a cousin of Ben Tate! Swear on FMT's love of jgar!

Ramirez

Are we sure this game is tilted towards the offense? Cause i sure as hell cant pass worth a shit! I can't even seem to find the right touch on any of my passes. I cant get it over the db's when my guys are open. And when i try to work the sidelines or a post route its always under-thrown and picked. When i watch people on smokey TV they make the shit look so easy lol. The lack of mojo is hurting my passing game tho I'm sure. I'm liking the texans playbook a lot more than the jags one, thats for sure
!

You have to learn what routes work. Keep it simple, drags, outs, ins, streaks in the right coverage. Curls are a pretty safe bet too if you throw it quick enough. I don't think I've ever completed a post route in any Madden game, that route was money in the 2K series though, lol.

Smokey

GG Smokey,

I just couldn't stop the run. I was bringing good pressure in the 1st half but once you started to run well it really limited what i could do. Hate Foster/Tate :(

Also- Little known fact of the day that randomly popped in my head while playing. I used to bang this girl in the dorms who is a cousin of Ben Tate! Swear on FMT's love of jgar!

gg..had no choice but to run dem rain games produce some horrible passing numbers.

also for the bold: you like chocolate pancakes?! my man. edit: wait are you a dark skin fellow?! am i not alone anymore?!

Rolling right and throwing to the far left of the field. Just felt cheap :(

i'm used to it, don't worry about it

Ramirez

Posts only work if you throw it to the slow receiver running a post. They don't work with outside receivers.

A lot of stuff doesn't work with outside WRs, it's why we see so much TE/Slot cheese, the outsides are usually locked down 99% of the time unless you run a slant or you have an all star WR who can outjump/outrun the defense.

Antonio Brown was a real threat for me last year working the inside on 4 Wide formations, I moved him out to the left outside this year and he has like 3 catches, lol.

bluemax

Banned
I beg to differ. It depends.
Can you play tonight?

Yeah, I can go whenever. Just watching Lob City but I can play now.

A lot of stuff doesn't work with outside WRs, it's why we see so much TE/Slot cheese, the outsides are usually locked down 99% of the time unless you run a slant or you have an all star WR who can outjump/outrun the defense.

Antonio Brown was a real threat for me last year working the inside on 4 Wide formations, I moved him out to the left outside this year and he has like 3 catches, lol.

It doesn't help that LBers sitting in that short zone area are clairvoyant and you can't throw over them.

McNei1y

gg fmt. I had nothing going at all. That lag was extremely annoying too. I don't understand how to get past your defense. Your secondary is somehow everywhere when everyone else blitzes.

gg mcneily. everything seemed to work for me in the passing game this time! kapernick 11/14 and gore had 3 blatant drops, even though the game credited him with 0 drops! wtf 3 times there was NO ONE around and he just drops the ball. kap could've been 14/14!

could've been a lot closer if i didn't get those redzone picks though. shut AP down enough, although he almost broke a few long runs he never got free. mcneily you should run some screens!

McNei1y

gg mcneily. everything seemed to work for me in the passing game this time! kapernick 11/14 and gore had 3 blatant drops, even though the game credited him with 0 drops! wtf 3 times there was NO ONE around and he just drops the ball. kap could've been 14/14!

could've been a lot closer if i didn't get those redzone picks though. shut AP down enough, although he almost broke a few long runs he never got free. mcneily you should run some screens!

I've tossed it out of my playbook. I understand with all of the blitzing that goes on in this league (and with the game today) you would think I would be running screens but I don't. Since season 1 here is my screen success: 1/~18. Either the ball hits AP in the helmet (like the passes with Gore today) or Ponder gets sacked. Its completely unfair.

gg fmt. I had nothing going at all. That lag was extremely annoying too. I don't understand how to get past your defense. Your secondary is somehow everywhere when everyone else blitzes.

yeah i dont remember our game laggy much last season. very unfortunate :(

as for my pass D, yeah they were all over the place in this game. asante samuel is the biggest pickup of my offseason. he lets me play a different style of defense because i don't have to worry much about the other teams #1. the real test will be against fitz!

I've tossed it out of my playbook. I understand with all of the blitzing that goes on in this league (and with the game today) you would think I would be running screens but I don't. Since season 1 here is my screen success: 1/~18. Either the ball hits AP in the helmet (like the passes with Gore today) or Ponder gets sacked. Its completely unfair.

the timing on screen plays has to be almost perfect for it to work. just wait as long as possible for the D to get in and tap the button. i get sacked or incompletes probably 30% of the time, the other 40% of the time my RB gets smashed immediately, but the final 30% is usually 10+ yards

McNei1y

yeah i dont remember our game laggy much last season. very unfortunate :(

It might be the curse of the dome that rors always went on about. I've never experienced it until tonight though. EA Gods are looking down on me tonight. (referring to FIFA. Some complete bs matches I played right before our game!!)

Next Advance date: Thursday, 2/2/12

Offensive POTW: Ben Jarvis Green Ellis (Patriots) - 18 rushes, 277 yards, 4 TD's
Defensive POTW: Laron Landy (Redskins) - 7 Tackles, 2 FF's

Game of the week: Browns defeat Eagles, 24-21; the Browns seem to be the new hotness after taking down the dreamteam. Can they sustain and capture the coveted NFC North crown from the old wiley vets wellington and ramirez!

Upcoming game of the week: Browns Vs. Giants - what!? striker getting DOUBLE love?? i have to call it like i see it!

just realized i have faced some of the top rb's in the league already:

Adrian Peterson (Vikings) - 13 rushes, 30 yards
Rodman Brooks (Jets) - 9 rushes, 21 yards
Steve Jackson (Rams) - 14 rushes, 29 yards

i'm coming for Forte bob!

BigAT

just realized i have faced some of the top rb's in the league already:

Adrian Peterson (Vikings) - 13 rushes, 30 yards
Rodman Brooks (Jets) - 9 rushes, 21 yards
Steve Jackson (Rams) - 14 rushes, 29 yards

i'm coming for Forte bob!

"Did I not remove Patrick Willis from the depth chart? Check."

*puts down controller and watches defense*

Nightz

GG DM. Had my chances, but made a stupid throw at the end.

LOL at that pick that bounced off a bunch of guys before landing in your player's hands. Wish I could get breaks like that.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
im disgusted with this game the past few weeks. everything that can go against me is going against me. sometimes all i can do is laugh

DMczaf

GG DM. Had my chances, but made a stupid throw at the end.

LOL at that pick that bounced off a bunch of guys before landing in your player's hands. Wish I could get breaks like that.

haha I was so scared that would end up being a Texans moment where my guy knocks it down and lands in your WR's hands for a game changing TD.

Top Bottom