• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

eznark

Banned
So, I haven't seen anything else online about it (though I made the most cursory of searches) and was wondering if you guys have experienced the same audible issue or if maybe it had to do with the injury to Waters?

Anyway, when I would try to audible, hot route, or manually put guys in motion I was unable to. It would let me select the option (so, Manningham slant) but then would revert back to whatever the actual call was as soon as I selected it. I tried a ton of times to audible out of passing plays into running plays and three times vice versa, but it never took. At the end of the game I was able to call audibles when I was in hurry up mode, but when I tried to audible after calling a play, the same thing happened.

Anyone hear of this before?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I've had that happen every now and then. Happened in my game last night against CB but it was only one possession at the end of the first half (no real time to do anything) so it didn't really matter. This is the first time it's happened to me in Madden 12. In 10 and 11 it seemed like it would happen when my qb was hurt and I kept him in, but I don't recall romo ever being hurt last night.

eznark

Banned
I've had that happen every now and then. Happened in my game last night against CB but it was only one possession at the end of the first half (no real time to do anything) so it didn't really matter. This is the first time it's happened to me in Madden 12. In 10 and 11 it seemed like it would happen when my qb was hurt and I kept him in, but I don't recall romo ever being hurt last night.

That's basically what I am wondering. Why a pinched nerve would result in mutiny is beyond me. If that is true, it's probably the stupidest mechanic EA has ever put into the Madden series.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I wouldn't say drunk but I was certainly not going to drive anywhere. I'm getting too old to drink regularly I think.

Smokey

That's basically what I am wondering. Why a pinched nerve would result in mutiny is beyond me. If that is true, it's probably the stupidest mechanic EA has ever put into the Madden series.
Lol Is that why your qb was doing that stupid thing with his head? Was that you trying to audible?

Smokey

Trust me, it's not in my head. Smokey was all up in my backfield in the game we played too. I get pretty decent protection and a hell of a lot better run blocking in the OF. I don't think I even have any of those guys in my starting lineup aside from Pouncey in the OF.

My downfall in that game was when Polamalu got hurt, Allen is a 69 OVR and on that last Fitz TD, I was in Cover 4 and Allen was no where near where he was supposed to be, not that I was shocked.
Almost makes me wish I kept Mario

Dcx why are you wasting my mans talents in ATL

eznark

Banned
Lol Is that why your qb was doing that stupid thing with his head? Was that you trying to audible?

Yeah, there would be like a weird hitch and he'd do like half of the audible animation. I bet if you watch the video it is super obvious when I am audibling and it is failing. Pretty much the entire second and third quarters.

I guess I need a backup quarterback. Though if I had known that his injury was the cause, I probably would have inserted Masthay! His screen pass was fucking hilarious.

Sokantish

Yeah, there would be like a weird hitch and he'd do like half of the audible animation. I bet if you watch the video it is super obvious when I am audibling and it is failing. Pretty much the entire second and third quarters.

I guess I need a backup quarterback. Though if I had known that his injury was the cause, I probably would have inserted Masthay! His screen pass was fucking hilarious.

It happened to me in a game with injuries off though, so I dunno if an injury is the sole reason its happening...

Splat

Miami, can you play tonight after vance?

Note: I am out of town for a week starting Saturday, and it's highly likely I won't be able to play :-/ Hopefully someone can fill in and keep my playoff hopes alive.

Miami, can you play tonight after vance?

Note: I am out of town for a week starting Saturday, and it's highly likely I won't be able to play :-/ Hopefully someone can fill in and keep my playoff hopes alive.

Should be able to. Might have to be a bit later than advance time though.

Ramirez

Almost makes me wish I kept Mario

You should have. Monster DL are my down fall in this game, Luke raped me with Mathis in one of his wins, Wellie always raped me with Dunlap, I've had trouble with Dockett every time I've played the Cards (no matter who was using them), and you killed me with Mario last night, lol.

Smokey

You should have. Monster DL are my down fall in this game, Luke raped me with Mathis in one of his wins, Wellie always raped me with Dunlap, I've had trouble with Dockett every time I've played the Cards (no matter who was using them), and you killed me with Mario last night, lol.

Probably won't have him next year either :/

That's ok though...one thing I'm sure of for the Texans in M13 will be the nice ratings for the front 7. All about da team.

I also remember your fat QB somehow escaping a collapsed pocket and gaining 5-7 yards. Dude had red jerseys all around yet nobody could touch him?

Tiburon

Ramirez

Probably won't have him next year either :/

That's ok though...one thing I'm sure of for the Texans in M13 will be the nice ratings for the front 7. All about da team.

I also remember your fat QB somehow escaping a collapsed pocket and gaining 5-7 yards. Dude had red jerseys all around yet nobody could touch him?

Tiburon

Yea, Ben has never broken tackles in the pocket, ever.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I just figured after his experience this year he would want to switch and give the Bengals to a Bengals fan.

What's my experience this year? I actually quite like the Bengals. I got them before the ratings were good and their D is still monstrous. My woes this year are almost entirely playbook related.

However, much like this year, we'll play for the Giants. AT will have to figure out who he's going to use when he loses.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Woo. Much better playing Madden Bengals after an up season than a down season. (Season 1 must've sucked for Wellie, OF Bengals are godawful this year :() Atkins gon be a monster next year.

Atkins, AJ Green, and Dalton will likely take huge leaps for next year. My first season wasn't bad brah. I'm usually better than this I just have zero rhythm on O.

Splat

Even w/ current online rosters Atkins is a monster. Hopefully Dalton gets a little more of a bump for making the probowl.

Splat

Oh, absolutely w/ the starting OF rosters, but in online rosters now he's an 88 w/ 96 power move and basically sheds everyone.

McNei1y

What he meant was that Vets always get the team they want. :p

Yeah. I don't want to challenge LiveWire at the Redskins. I'm fine with choosing some random franchise and taking it all the way. So far I'm 0/2 (Jags last season, Vikings this season) but there's always room for improvement. I wonder what my team will be next year (hint: a heavy run team. I'm looking at you Rams
Oh god no I'm not
)

LiveWire

Yeah. I don't want to challenge LiveWire at the Redskins. I'm fine with choosing some random franchise and taking it all the way. So far I'm 0/2 (Jags last season, Vikings this season) but there's always room for improvement. I wonder what my team will be next year (hint: a heavy run team. I'm looking at you Rams
Oh god no I'm not
)

Don't knock the Rams, their run defense is great and obviously their run offense is good. With some playmakers on O and better DBs they could make a run at the division. I think the Rams would be best with a scrambler at QB instead of Bradford. Speaking of vets getting their teams, I think it's WAY past due that storybook get a shot to GM the Falcons next year.

eznark

Banned
What's my experience this year? I actually quite like the Bengals. I got them before the ratings were good and their D is still monstrous. My woes this year are almost entirely playbook related.

However, much like this year, we'll play for the Giants. AT will have to figure out who he's going to use when he loses.

I thought you really hated them the first few seasons.

Don't knock the Rams, their run defense is great and obviously their run offense is good. With some playmakers on O and better DBs they could make a run at the division. I think the Rams would be best with a scrambler at QB instead of Bradford. Speaking of vets getting their teams, I think it's WAY past due that storybook get a shot to GM the Falcons next year.

Story said he aint ever comin back :(

Birdman02

I disagree about Bradford. I think he's a really good fit for that roster. I don't like using scrambling QBs, in general, but he actually feels pretty similar to Brees....only not as highly rated. I led them to 14-2 in my other league (I took over during the 1st offseason). Granted, that one is played on All-Pro, so maybe I would feel different on All-Madden.

McNei1y

We'll see. I like the team but it can all change. I think the Vikings were a perfect fit for me to begin with this year since they had two strong receiving targets (Shiancoe and Harvin), one of the best running backs, a decent quarter back, a decent secondary, and a good run stopping D, but a terrible line. It was more spread out. I do like Steven Jackson though.

Top Bottom