• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2* Thread: RROD Don't Scare Us!

How do you want the league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Furio53 said:
I sent him a XBL message last week but he never responded.
Dunno bro。 I’ve never played you or scheduled games with you so I can't really question or understand your availability to grasp the situation. If david doesn’t contact and get in touch with AB then I dunno, drop his ass。 I don’t need to take any more heat than I already do :lol

I can't believe we're short so many people in the madden league as is D:

Slo

Yeah, this isn't going well. We've got a few RRoD, a few flakes, and a few jerkoffs that can't be bothered to check the forum.

It's really disappointing that the league got fractured between PS3 and 360.

Nightz

MWS Natural said:
I'll take the jets permanently is no one cares :D
Don't get greedy now. :p The guy wants to join the league, so I think we should let him, especially since we could use more active people. :)

vumpler

Natural lets do this! Had a long day of filling in over 440 test question bubbles. It's time for some madden! I don't care if I get my ass handed to me I just want to play! :lol

daw840

vumpler said:
Dunno bro。 I’ve never played you or scheduled games with you so I can't really question or understand your availability to grasp the situation. If david doesn’t contact and get in touch with AB then I dunno, drop his ass。 I don’t need to take any more heat than I already do :lol

I can't believe we're short so many people in the madden league as is D:

Whats your bros GAF name, I will send a PM to FMT and have his rights upgraded so he can post in here. If that doesn't work then I guess we should just drop him.

edit: NVM, I found it (i hope I picked the right one!) davidr0xu2 should be upgraded whenever FMT checks his PM.

vumpler

daw840 said:
Whats your bros GAF name, I will send a PM to FMT and have his rights upgraded so he can post in here. If that doesn't work then I guess we should just drop him.

edit: NVM, I found it (i hope I picked the right one!) davidr0xu2 should be upgraded whenever FMT checks his PM.
yep thats the one

BigAT

Nightz (assuming you take the Jets) or fmwOriginal, what is your availability the next couple of days to get our games in?

Nightz

BigAT said:
Nightz (assuming you take the Jets) or fmwOriginal, what is your availability the next couple of days to get our games in?
Well it looks like the Jets are being given to Shogun, so it depends on when he signs up for LeagueDaddy. I'm waiting for him too since I face the Jets in week 4.

IF needed though, I can still fill in. I'll be available tomorrow after 5 pm PST.

vumpler

MWS Natural said:
Lets do this.
I fell asleep before the end of the game. I was watching the topic but I guess I passed out about 20 minutes before you posted :lol

I'll be home and available to play from 11pm CST - 5pm CST. Then I might be available later but not sure. Will be hit or miss.

vumpler

MWS Natural said:
I don't get home till 8:30 PM EST and tonight its all Eagles! We can play after if you want.
:lol , Negative.

Is your schedule always that bad?

vumpler said:
:lol , Negative.

Is your schedule always that bad?

You mean that good that I don't have to get up till 10:30AM each morning? Yes, I don't get home till 8:30PM EST Mon-Wed. Thurs/fri I have off and work 8-5pm Sat/sun.

Slo

Since no games have been played since last Friday, and more than half of the league has 2 games or less played in Week 4, should we consider culling the dead wood and starting over?

vumpler

Slo said:
Since no games have been played since last Friday, and more than half of the league has 2 games or less played in Week 4, should we consider culling the dead wood and starting over?

Don't have to have 32 to have a solid league. The roster updates came out recently and I support this if AB considers it.

Custom divisions etc would work great. If it did go through and you need help randomizing schedules etc let me know AB :D

woodchuck said:
yeah. i think we should do it with committed guys

sableholic, check your PMs

but damn it. i was leading the nfc east!

I checked em just forgot to respond. I'll try and be around later tonight like 8 pm EST.

Nightz

Yeah I wouldn't mind having a smaller league with more committed people. I had the luxury of facing committed players the first 3 weeks...just hit a snag in week 4 because no one has the Jets, and the person who asked to fill in isn't even responding to my PMs. :(

woodchuck said:
but damn it. i was leading the nfc east!
:lol

I was ready to step it up in the NFC west too. My team felt a whole lot better with Warner starting instead of Leinart.:D

vumpler

Nightz said:
Yeah I wouldn't mind having a smaller league with more committed people. I had the luxury of facing committed players the first 3 weeks...just hit a snag in week 4 because no one has the Jets, and the person who asked to fill in isn't even responding to my PMs. :(

:lol

I was ready to step it up in the NFC west too. My team felt a whole lot better with Warner starting instead of Leinart.:D
Well I would love for AB to pull the trigger, but lets not jump the gun. It's his league and his call.

Depending on what AB wants to do we can always start another league a more "hardcore" 16-20 man league or something. I wouldn't mind running it if AB decides we can salvage this one! 2 leagues never hurt anyone? Specially if this one is going to be over casual meaning taking a full week to get games in for some.

My concern is with this many people flaking out the regular NFL schedule just won't cut it because way to many free games or sub games.

-------------

Also please drop David from the league he said with his schedule he can't seem to keep up.

AirBrian

Well, really, really bad timing for a decision like what's being discussed but...

I'm heading out of town until next Monday, so any decision about restarting or not restarting will wait until then. I will not have much free time for the Internet or GAF (NYC, baby!), so I will not be checking this thread regularly until next Monday. Slo, daw, and Birdman all have commissioner rights, so any issues that come up will have to be dealt with by them. I fully support any decisions they make as they're all established vets, so what they say goes while I'm gone. I would like to not advance the week though until Monday so that everyone can get some games in. Let's go, guys, no excuses for laziness!

Drizzler, sorry, but we'll have to make up our game next week. Don't worry, I won't flake out. :lol

Now go get some games in! :D

vumpler

AirBrian said:
Well, really, really bad timing for a decision like what's being discussed but...

I'm heading out of town until next Monday, so any decision about restarting or not restarting will wait until then. I will not have much free time for the Internet or GAF (NYC, baby!), so I will not be checking this thread regularly until next Monday. Slo, daw, and Birdman all have commissioner rights, so any issues that come up will have to be dealt with by them. I fully support any decisions they make as they're all established vets, so what they say goes while I'm gone. I would like to not advance the week though until Monday so that everyone can get some games in. Let's go, guys, no excuses for laziness!

Drizzler, sorry, but we'll have to make up our game next week. Don't worry, I won't flake out. :lol

Now go get some games in! :D
I like this call. Great chance to salvage everything. Let's get em in boys! :D

Also can you get our game in now Natural?

Birdman02

Anyone seen BillRiccio (Brown's owner) around lately? I sent him a msg over xbl a few days ago and never heard back. I just sent him a PM, so hopefully we'll be able to get our game scheduled.

Slo

MWS Natural said:
Starting over? WTF...just give forfeits for the people who aren't playing their games on time and keep it moving.

I don't feel like getting knocked out of the playoffs by somebody that's only played 7 games.

vumpler

woodchuck said:
who says TO doesn't hustle?
chin2.gif

Birdman02 said:
Anyone seen BillRiccio (Brown's owner) around lately? I sent him a msg over xbl a few days ago and never heard back. I just sent him a PM, so hopefully we'll be able to get our game scheduled.
I am still waiting to hear from him as well for our week 2 match up.

Top Bottom