• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2* Thread: RROD Don't Scare Us!

How do you want the league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Furio53 said:
Well I havent been able to get a hold of DavidRoxU for our week 2 game, sent him messages over the weekend for our Tampa Bay game. What should i do?
I'll call him tomorrow if he hasn't responded.. That's unlike him.

Nightz

Well, sable and I have a problem. We finished our game, but both of our games froze on the post game report screen. Mine is stuck there just looping a replay and no buttons I press will work. How should we go about with the stats and stuff for the game? We can slightly remember some of the stats, but they would just be estimates. Can we just fill in as much as we remember?

vumpler

LJ11 said:
It's over. Sorry for not replying earlier, but I was watching the game. I'm ready when you are.
just hooked up the new xbox shouldn't be but another minute or 5

daw840

Nightz said:
Well, sable and I have a problem. We finished our game, but both of our games froze on the post game report screen. Mine is stuck there just looping a replay and no buttons I press will work. How should we go about with the stats and stuff for the game? We can slightly remember some of the stats, but they would just be estimates. Can we just fill in as much as we remember?

That sucks, just remember as best you can for the important players. I know you probably won't know what the defensive stats are, but if you can ballpark the QB, HB, and maybe a couple of receivers that would be best. Just so something is in there.

Nightz

daw840 said:
That sucks, just remember as best you can for the important players. I know you probably won't know what the defensive stats are, but if you can ballpark the QB, HB, and maybe a couple of receivers that would be best. Just so something is in there.
Alright I filled in what I could. 90% sure the stats I put in are accurate, or at least very close to what they actually were. Sable can fill in the rest of his game stats.

vumpler

Just finished my sub game against the Vikings. Was a decent game. Came down to the last play. I made way to many mistakes early that are uncharacteristic. Lots of dumb things went down but end result last play of the game it's a pass over the middle, his WR breaks 2 tackles and walks it in the end zone with no time left on the clock.

Video will be up hopefully sunday and I will enter the scores hopefully Sunday. I have nation licensing board exams over the next 4 days so I will be MIA for the most part.

Keep this gravy train flowin!

BTW: LJ are you in the league? If not you should take one of the open teams.

Well if bosevan the Titans owner doesn't get back to me soon I won't be able to play until Tuesday......

Anyone know if hes been on lately?

LJ11

Good game dude. I thought I was going to lose when you tied the game with 30 or so seconds remaining. Vikings secondary has hands of stone. They managed to get their paws on a few balls during that 2 minute drive, but for some reason they couldn't hold on to it. Stewart fumbled as well, and I couldn't grab it. When you punched it in, I thought I was done because of all the blown opportunities.

Allison got a very good return, I was on my 40 with 28 seconds to go. Made a dumb decision, passed to AP in the flats, and had to burn a TO. One TO left, I threw a seam route to Berrian, hauled it in passed midfield and called my final TO. 7 seconds to go, called a deep post to Allison, caught it and broke two tackles inside the 10 to get in for the score. Miracle win honestly.

Yeah, I'm the Bills dude. Got scorched last week, need to rebound.

I'm posting the player stats so someone (Slo) can enter them.

Passing
T.Jack 237, 3TD, 12-19, 86 Long

Rushing
Peterson 10 carries for 48 yards, 2 BTK, 1 TD, 19 Long
Tapeh 1 for 2 yards

Receiving
Peterson 5 Rec, 98 yards, YAC 100, Long 86, Drops 1, TD 1
Berrian 4, 69 yards, YAC 23, Long 30, Drop 1, TD 1
Allison 1, 44 yards, YAC 16, Long 44, TD 1
Taylor 1, 11 yards, YAC 2, Long 11
Rice 1, 15 yards, YAC 1, Long 15

Defense
M.Williams 9 Tck
Greenway 6 Tck, 1 PD
Allen 6 Tck, 2 Tck L, 1 Sack, 1 FF
P.Williams 6 Tck, 2 Tck L, 1 FF
Griffin 5 Tck, 2 PD
Edwards 4 Tck
EJ.Henderson 4 Tck, 1 FF Rec
T.Johnson 3 Tck
Leber 3 Tck
McCauley 2 Tck, 1 TckL
Winfield 2 Tck, 1 PD
Sharper 2 Tck, 1 PD
E.Henderson 1 Tck
Herron 1 Tck
Gordon 1 Tck
Sapp 2 PD
Ciurciu 1 INT

Punting
Kluwe 4 punts, 120 yards, Long 45, 2 inside 20

Kick Return
Hicks 2 for 73, Long 37
Allison 2 for 55, Long 28

AirBrian

OK, Week 2 games that still need to be played:

Indianapolis (Tcvrod ) at Minnesota (SloForce) -- Slo has the RROD, so if anyone wants to sub, contact tcvr0d through XBL. He is checking that as we talked last night.
New England (dammitmattt) at New York (Method) -- Method's 360 is having connection problems, so he had to drop. If anyone wants to sub, contact mattt through XBL.

Pittsburgh (Classic_Gs) at Cleveland (BillRiccio) -- OK, what's going on guys?
Tampa Bay (davidr0xu) at Baltimore (Furio53) -- OK, what's going on guys?
San Francisco (Birdman02) at Tennessee (bonsevan) -- bonsevan, where are you?

Week 3 is looking good so far! :)

Nightz

NFL Game of the Week:
The Diamondbacks beat the Marlins 5-3. That's right, 5 to 3. As in 5. And 3.
:lol

And boo to the NFC defensive player of the week. Bertrand Berry should get it! 3 TFL, 3 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 safety :(

Haha, it's all good. I got a good kick out of the game of the week bit. :D

bosevan

AIRBRIAN I STILL ALIVE:)

Birdman,
Hey sorry about not being around the last two days. A little adjustment to checkin GAF again on a daily basis, I was there the other night at 10 and 11 but couldn't reach you :/
But I will be available to play this evening after 6 pm central if you can just PM me.
Bosevan

Hey LJ11 let me know when you can play this weekend. My schedule is kind of weird this weekend so just tell me what you can do and ill make it work.

BigAT

Nightz said:
I can sub for the Jets tonight if either NE or SD want to play. I wanna try playing with Favre in a Jets uni. :D

I'm going to the Rutgers game tonight and won't be around. Anyone think they could sub for the Jets this weekend sometime?

Furio53

AirBrian said:

Indianapolis (Tcvrod ) at Minnesota (SloForce) -- Slo has the RROD, so if anyone wants to sub, contact tcvr0d through XBL. He is checking that as we talked last night.
New England (dammitmattt) at New York (Method) -- Method's 360 is having connection problems, so he had to drop. If anyone wants to sub, contact mattt through XBL.

Tampa Bay (Davidr0xu) hasnt responded to me, not sure why. I havent ever seen him on at the same time, but I sent him a message with no response, so not really sure.

vumpler

Furio53 said:
Tampa Bay (Davidr0xu) hasnt responded to me, not sure why. I havent ever seen him on at the same time, but I sent him a message with no response, so not really sure.
i'll call him tonight. He normally plays a bit every day. Haven't talked to him in a few weeks so hopefully nothing bad happened.

I think 6-7pm CST is the easiest time for him to play. Let me talk with him.

LJ11

fmwOriginal said:
Hey LJ11 let me know when you can play this weekend. My schedule is kind of weird this weekend so just tell me what you can do and ill make it work.

I'm free Friday/Saturday, Sunday I'll be glued to the tube. Whatever works for you those two days.

AirBrian said:

I have posted multiple times in this thread plus sent PMs to BillRicco and have yet to hear from him since last Friday.

Well guys i never though it would happen to me but the red rings have....sigh....struck me. I'm not even sure if mine is still covered or not so it may be a while till i get another one. I'll keep everyone posted.

vumpler

fmwOriginal said:
Well guys i never though it would happen to me but the red rings have....sigh....struck me. I'm not even sure if mine is still covered or not so it may be a while till i get another one. I'll keep everyone posted.
Noooooo!

Well... After sunday I can help sub for raider games I guess until he gets back.

Dear lord

1st and goal....get stopped on the 1 on 4th down
Ok, force a 3 and out
Last play of game, get stopped at 1 yard line

Lose by 7

gg bose

daw840

The Drizzler, are you around? I can sub for the Rams right now if you want to play your week 1 game. Just let me know.

Also, we have 4 unplayed games for week 2 still. What is the status of these games? If anyone needs a sub for a RROD victim, please post here and let us know.

edit: NVM Drizzler, I see your having a party tonight. Hope you have fun. I will be around most of tomorrow though, just post here and I will sub for your week 1 game.

Nightz

BigAT said:
Anyone around today to sub for the Jets so I can get my week 3 game in?
I might be available today. What time do you want to play?

Edit: And I'll need someone to sub for the Jets too for week 4. :D

AirBrian

vumpler said:
i'll call him tonight. He normally plays a bit every day. Haven't talked to him in a few weeks so hopefully nothing bad happened.

I think 6-7pm CST is the easiest time for him to play. Let me talk with him.
Did you ever get a hold of him?

vumpler

AirBrian said:
Did you ever get a hold of him?
Yeah he said he would be on yesterday. I assume that means he messaged the guy he's playing etc..

edit: It says he was just on XBL. I sent him a pissed off brotherly love message. We'll see if it works or if he just ignores me from now on :lol

Furio53

wanna sub for Davidr0xu (Tampa Bay)? I'm tired of waiting.

I also need to set up a game for week 3 with with Cleveland. Is BillRiccio around? If not, I'll need a sub for him as well...

daw840

Furio53 said:

I will, but I don't know if AB wants subs for people who are supposedly still in the league. Vumpler, have you heard anything?

mr stroke

Furio53 said:

I also need to set up a game for week 3 with with Cleveland. Is BillRiccio around? If not, I'll need a sub for him as well...

I think Davidr0xu is M.I.A.
me or AirBrian can get a hold of him to play a game, so I guess hes gone?

Still a ton of people that have only played 1 game so far and its week 4 :(

vumpler

mr stroke said:
I think Davidr0xu is M.I.A.
me or AirBrian can get a hold of him to play a game, so I guess hes gone?

Still a ton of people that have only played 1 game so far and its week 4 :(
Send him an XBL message. His gaf name isn't approved to talk in the online chat so you have to reach him there...

If he doesn't contact people in the next few days drop his ass. He's my little brother and is super diligent about any type of game scheduling. He normally gets games in early.

But I live 3 states away from him now so I can't exactly control the situation. I called him and he said he would try to get ahold of his opponent but apparently you have different schedules.

I'm not going to play a father figure and force him to play his games anymore. If he's not up to it then I apologize for bringing in a flake :/

daw840

vumpler said:
Send him an XBL message. His gaf name isn't approved to talk in the online chat so you have to reach him there...

If he doesn't contact people in the next few days drop his ass. He's my little brother and is super diligent about any type of game scheduling. He normally gets games in early.

But I live 3 states away from him now so I can't exactly control the situation. I called him and he said he would try to get ahold of his opponent but apparently you have different schedules.

I'm not going to play a father figure and force him to play his games anymore. If he's not up to it then I apologize for bringing in a flake :/

Can we maybe send a PM to one of the mods and have his rights upgraded to post in here?

Furio53

vumpler said:

I sent him a XBL message last week but he never responded.

Top Bottom