• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2* Thread: RROD Don't Scare Us!

How do you want the league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

mr stroke

woodchuck said:
yeah. i think we should do it with committed guys

sableholic, check your PMs

but damn it. i was leading the nfc east!

This might be the best idea as it looks like most have jumped ship or flaked :(
I can't get a hold of Davidr0xu , so if anyone wants to sub for him for the time being?

might as well start over with 16 players?

daw840

Birdman02 said:
*crickets chirping*

Where did everybody go?

IDK man, it seems like everyone is flaking out on the season. Honestly, I am having more fun with NCAA right now than this damn league......

God Damn league splitting between PS3 and 360.....fucked everything up.

daw840 said:
IDK man, it seems like everyone is flaking out on the season. Honestly, I am having more fun with NCAA right now than this damn league......

God Damn league splitting between PS3 and 360.....fucked everything up.

I don't know why someone would join and league then not even play two weeks into it...I think we should just keep going and start giving forfeits halfway through the season.

daw840

MWS Natural said:
I don't know why someone would join and league then not even play two weeks into it...I think we should just keep going and start giving forfeits halfway through the season.

The only problem with that is I don't want to get knocked out of playoff contention just because someone has 4 wins that are forfeits. Plus, it makes stats worthless.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
daw840 said:
The only problem with that is I don't want to get knocked out of playoff contention just because someone has 4 wins that are forfeits. Plus, it makes stats worthless.
yep stats are worthless. We need to do house cleaning and only allow players in who have played at least the first 3 weeks, or have an incredibly legit reason for only having 2 weeks played. That reason would have to be the other user didn't play his game.

daw840

vumpler said:
yep stats are worthless. We need to do house cleaning and only allow players in who have played at least the first 3 weeks, or have an incredibly legit reason for only having 2 weeks played. That reason would have to be the other user didn't play his game.

I would be completely down for a 16 COMMITTED player league.

I think we should single out those that are not playing their games then find suitable replacements. I'm sure there are GAF members in the main forum who are Madden fans who weren't aware of the league.

Karish

Did our league fall apart? I played the first three games, but never got in touch with anyone for the 4th. Is it too late? I was enjoying the league. I thought I was ahead of the curb on my games so I didnt check the thread for a few days

vumpler

MWS Natural said:
I think we should single out those that are not playing their games then find suitable replacements. I'm sure there are GAF members in the main forum who are Madden fans who weren't aware of the league.
No more than 2 people would fit into this category. Time to trim the fat.

Nightz

Blakero said:
Did our league fall apart? I played the first three games, but never got in touch with anyone for the 4th. Is it too late? I was enjoying the league. I thought I was ahead of the curb on my games so I didnt check the thread for a few days
I don't think it's too late to get your week 4 game in. It just depends on if your opponent is still active (or in my case, if you even have an opponent for week 4). :p

Edit: On that note, I have a little bit of time before I go out for the day, so if anyone is available right now to sub for the Jets, let me know.:D

BigAT

Count me among those who think we should just restart this thing with a smaller group of dedicated players. Right now it's not like just one or two people are missing that need subs, it's a fairly significant amount. At this point only two week 4 games have been played.

Quality > Quantity

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
MWS Natural said:
Free for a sub if anyone needs one.

Do you want the Panthers in the PS3 league? Fmt will give you them.

mr stroke

daw840 said:
I would be completely down for a 16 COMMITTED player league.

+1
16 players and try EA's league maybe? while no stats suck, it beats having to enter them, and maybe more people would be commited?

AirBrian

Hey guys! How's it going? So yeah...

basic_computer_help_restart.gif

Too many flakes in here and none of us have time to chase people around. Who's in for a committed league? And commit carefully. I will be saving names for future league considerations. I'd rather have an awesome, smaller active league. It's just so much more fun, especially with awards and such. So who's with me?

01. AirBrian
02. woodchuck
03. LJ11
04. Somnia
05. daw840
06. Nightz
07. Birdbomb
08. Andowsky
09. Birdman02
10. BigJonsson
11. BigAT
12. vumpler
14. sableholic (we'll sub until he gets back)
15. dammitmattt
16. Slo (we'll sub until his RROD is back)

If the league is indeed dead then that sucks. I feel bad because I wasn't exactly aggressive with finding my opponent but so many didn't post here.

If this league still lives I'll play. If not, I can't re-commit to a new reason.

Somnia

If you'll have me I'm 100% committed. I have my 360 back and will play in this league and the PS3 league which I'm 5 weeks into (to show i wont flake =P).

daw840

AirBrian said:
Hey guys! How's it going? So yeah...

basic_computer_help_restart.gif

Too many flakes in here and none of us have time to chase people around. Who's in for a committed league? And commit carefully. I will be saving names for future league considerations. I'd rather have an awesome, smaller active league. It's just so much more fun, especially with awards and such. So who's with me?

01. AirBrian
02. woodchuck
03. LJ11
04. Somnia

Of course I'm in!! :p

edit: I think that GAF membership and regular posting should be required. Sucks for people that are banned, but that seems to be an issue. That way we can better track who is actually making an attempt at getting their games done.

AirBrian

daw840 said:

edit: I think that GAF membership and regular posting should be required. Sucks for people that are banned, but that seems to be an issue. That way we can better track who is actually making an attempt at getting their games done.
Agreed. Although the one exception is dammittmatt. He's coming off his ban soon and he actually got in more games then most. :lol

Also, where's the KC avatar?

So, pheeniks? What exactly are you saying? :lol If we do a restart then you're out?

daw840

AirBrian said:
Agreed. Although the one exception is dammittmatt. He's coming off his ban soon and he actually got in more games then most. :lol

Also, where's the KC avatar?

So, pheeniks? What exactly are you saying? :lol If we do a restart then you're out?

Dammittmattt is an exception, as well as Ando I guess. But Ando is permabanned so he can't really interact with the rest of the league.

The KC avatar is gone because the image was removed from the server I was using. I haven't replaced it because.........well if you know anything about the Chiefs right now you know why........this is the first time in my life I have actually been ashamed of my team :(

Birdman02

daw840 said:

You know I'm in...I'm not exactly a regular poster, but I think I've shown that I'm committed to my leagues.

AB, how much time do we have left on LD? Are we gonna be able to fit in a 16 game schedule plus playoffs?

daw840

Birdman02 said:
You know I'm in...I'm not exactly a regular poster, but I think I've shown that I'm committed to my leagues.

AB, how much time do we have left on LD? Are we gonna be able to fit in a 16 game schedule plus playoffs?

If we run out of time I will take care of the second subscription.

AirBrian

We have plenty of time. :)

OK, here are a few other players who were active and I would love to have back:

vumpler
sableholic
MWS Natural
BigAT
mr stroke
Blakero
bosevan

vumpler

AirBrian said:

vumpler
sableholic
MWS Natural
BigAT
mr stroke
Blakero
bosevan
Andowsky and Bird are both very active as well. Both can be contacted through XBL or I can contact them for you on XBL. I seem to have a very semilar schedule to them and can contact them all the time it seems :lol Here's the sign ups for the other league (which is basically the same list as you're compiling AB)

1. vumpler
2. bosevan
3. Andowsky
4. bird f3c3s
5. daw840
6. Nightz (maybe)
7. BigAT
8. BigJonsson
9. Birdman02
10. Mr Stroke
11. Blakero

So with AB that puts us at 12. 12 man leagues aren't terrible but 16 is much better if they are active.

AirBrian said:

vumpler
sableholic
MWS Natural
BigAT
mr stroke
Blakero
bosevan

I'd re-join, but I am actually going to be going to Italy for 16 days, leaving this Sunday. I was actually going to talk to one of you about a sub since I thought this league was still going to be alive then, but it since its restarting I won't really need to do that I guess. I would certainly play when I got back, but it's probably more of a hassle making someone sub for me every game until I get back. I'll let you decide on that though.

AirBrian

The updated confirmed line-up:

01. AirBrian - Bears
02. woodchuck - Cowboys
03. LJ11 - Bills
04. Somnia
05. daw840 - Chiefs
06. Nightz
07. Birdbomb
08. Andowsky - Broncos
09. Birdman02 - 49ers
10. BigJonsson
11. BigAT
12. vumpler - Panthers
13. sableholic (we'll sub until he gets back) - Redskins
14. dammitmattt - Patriots
15. Slo (we'll sub until his RROD is back) - Vikings
16. bosevan - Titans
17. mr stroke
18. tcvr0d

We'll wait one more day to hear from:

MWS Natural
Blakero

And no worries, sable -- we can sub until you get back. Have fun in Italy!

AirBrian said:

Yeah, unfortunately. I would have finished out the old season out of courtesy but I have more work to do than I could have possibly imagined...

:(

AirBrian

Switching teams (if you want to switch teams) will be allowed, but not until after the final line-up is set. Also, the owners of the previous teams have the right to keep the team they had.

vumpler

AirBrian said:
Switching teams (if you want to switch teams) will be allowed, but not until after the final line-up is set. Also, the owners of the previous teams have the right to keep the team they had.
Ok I will consider this offer AB. Depending on the people keeping their team I might switch it up. I play with the panthers all day every day so a change of pace might be nice... Might...

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
daw840 said:
The KC avatar is gone because the image was removed from the server I was using. I haven't replaced it because.........well if you know anything about the Chiefs right now you know why........this is the first time in my life I have actually been ashamed of my team :(

Fear not fan of shitty teams, the Rams are here to support you! I posted in the other thread, but I'm down for the 100% committed league.

Top Bottom