• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2* Thread: RROD Don't Scare Us!

How do you want the league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Rorschach said:
Off the top of my head...
Do you think it might be that the demo drive was on rookie? I was under the impression that anytime the game was played and the players had buttons under them that it was rookie setting.

SickBoy

It's possible, but you wonder what EA's thinking by making you go through the AI test and then not even applying those settings to the game.

Somnia

SickBoy said:
It's possible, but you wonder what EA's thinking by making you go through the AI test and then not even applying those settings to the game.

Just to see what it's like...they did say this demo was more for the general audience so they probably made the 1 minute section easier by putting it all on rookie so people could score

Hunter D

One thing I hope this game has that NCAA didn't is the ability to sub players in for certain play packages and plays. How it isn't in NCAA is baffling so I'm hoping it isn't the same in madden.

Striker

Hunter D said:
One thing I hope this game has that NCAA didn't is the ability to sub players in for certain play packages and plays. How it isn't in NCAA is baffling so I'm hoping it isn't the same in madden.
They did bring back sub-formations. Loved doing it in '05. :D

vumpler said:
Do you think it might be that the demo drive was on rookie? I was under the impression that anytime the game was played and the players had buttons under them that it was rookie setting.

Last night was the first time I got into the game situation without doing the Madden tests and it seemed like players dropped helluva lot more passes than before. I never even noticed the dropped passes you guys were talking about before last night. Really not sure if that was just my good luck or if the madden tests really have some effect on the gameplay in the demo.

critch

Banned
Hey, looks like I'll have to drop out, I'm going to be on a business trip from next week all the way onto mid-september, and my hotel tv won't have xbox connections. :-(

Sorry, I'll try again once this nonsense is over.

daw840

MWS Natural said:
Last night was the first time I got into the game situation without doing the Madden tests and it seemed like players dropped helluva lot more passes than before. I never even noticed the dropped passes you guys were talking about before last night. Really not sure if that was just my good luck or if the madden tests really have some effect on the gameplay in the demo.

Isn't it supposed to modify the difficulty based on the scores that you receive in the "Madden Test?"

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Gentlemen;

Bad news. I have decided that I will not get Madden 2009 for the Xbox 360 upon release. Now my question to you is when will this league start?

vumpler

Wellington said:
Gentlemen;

Bad news. I have decided that I will not get Madden 2009 for the Xbox 360 upon release. Now my question to you is when will this league start?
Hopefully the 13th :D

AirBrian

Wellington said:
Gentlemen;

I'm thinking about a week or so (two at most) after release. That should give everyone time to get the game and get a few practice games in.

Hunter D, noted.

vumpler

AirBrian said:
I'm thinking about a week or so (two at most) after release. That should give everyone time to get the game and get a few practice games in.

Hunter D, noted.
If thats the case then I want to host a madden 09 early bird tournament starting on the 13th. The tourney will be done within 6 days so it will fit in easily.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
vumpler said:
If thats the case then I want to host a madden 09 early bird tournament starting on the 13th. The tourney will be done within 6 days so it will fit in easily.
You could call it the "Vumpler Whine and Cheese Tourney".

I keed I keed. :lol :lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
AirBrian said:
So are you excited or petrified about Favre coming to the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS?
Excited. And petrified.

But having hope in my heart for the Jets is a rare thing. It actually feels like genuine hope this year and not an annual failed ritual of hope.

AirBrian

I'm sure you've seen this then:

nfl_wartop.jpg

vumpler

DenogginizerOS said:
You could call it the "Vumpler Whine and Cheese Tourney".

I keed I keed. :lol :lol
Old man keep your crying Qb in check then you can crack jokes on others :lol

Rorschach

seinfield.gif

Yeah, you know what...I'm really sorry, but I don't know how much of certain people I can take. I'm in way over my head here.

71hhbhy.gif

AirBrian

Sorry, not that I know of. :-(

I don't even know of a place around here. I'll be getting it at midnight on Monday. :-(

vumpler

AirBrian said:
So guys, does everyone have a League Daddy account? :lol

:-(
I know madden isn't keeping stats but do we really need to :-/ After all the hype of not using LD anymore and now going back is killller.

If we have to, we have to. But uhg

AirBrian

Slo said:
I think most do, but the bad news is I think FMT had to pay to host a league there.
And I paid for the Rookies league last year. I have no problems picking it up this year, that just means I'll skip out on the CE.

And vumpler, the scheduling is horrible too. Do you really want to play 32 games in one season? Because that's what we'll have to do since EA makes you play every team once.

wait WTF they don't record stats? what kind of "online league" bullshit is that

must be to make way for nhl's massive awesomeness...

vumpler

AirBrian said:
And vumpler, the scheduling is horrible too. Do you really want to play 32 games in one season? Because that's what we'll have to do since EA makes you play every team once.
:lol are you serious? I read the review but I didn't read that part :lol

Fuck.

LD it is

AirBrian

I think we should just wait and see what happens when the game actually comes out. Who knows, maybe EA will get their crap straightened out.

pheeniks, is it EA's or 2K's NHL?

AirBrian

http://www.pastapadre.com/2930/madden-09-online-league-impressions

Online League info:

So I hoped online to create one. Here are the options

League Name:

Abbreviation

Select Logo: Options are Letters A-Z, A football , Helmet, Plaque, Player ala NBA

Select Trophy: Golden Chalice, Grid Iron Cup, Atlas Trophy, X's and O's, The Big Victory, The Coliseum, Fisticuffs, The Chains, The Bacon, The Hammer, The Champions Clash, The BLitz, The PLaymaker, The Pylon, Pigskin Cup

Select Team: you pick your NFL team

Description: Description of the League

Max Users: 2-32

Games; Number of games to play against each league member. Option: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11

Unique roster on or off. If you turn them on Enable draft, and trades turns on.

Playoff: yes or no

Quarter length

Game Skill level

Fatigue:

Injuries

Random Weather: Yes or no

Looks like stats are tracked if unique rosters is set to on. The scheduling is still FUBAR. :|

vumpler

FMT just made an excellent point. It would be a MUCH better solution than doing league daddy:

FrenchMovieTheme said:
2. we don't know about the scheduling issue yet.

a work around COULD be we split the league into 2 (16 AFC 16 NFC) and have the winner of each play for the superbowl. this would suck ass because it would almost be like baseball used to be where you don't play the other conference all season.

AirBrian

Oh, that is a good idea. Obviously, it's not ideal, but it's better then LD. There's also the rumor that you can get the real NFL schedule if you have a full 32-player team. Keep hope alive!

Birdman02

AirBrian said:
Oh, that is a good idea. Obviously, it's not ideal, but it's better then LD. There's also the rumor that you can get the real NFL schedule if you have a full 32-player team. Keep hope alive!

Let's hope this is true...otherwise, I say we go with FMT's idea for at least the 1st season. If that doesn't work out, then I guess we go back to league daddy.

vumpler

Birdman02 said:
Let's hope this is true...otherwise, I say we go with FMT's idea for at least the 1st season. If that doesn't work out, then I guess we go back to league daddy.
It's been confirmed that the 32 man league idea was false. Split them bitches up!

vumpler

AirBrian said:
Yeah, but a 16-player league would only mean 15 games. :lol

LD is looking pretty good about now... :-(
15 games isn't terrible at all. It's one game shy and an odd number. Not the end of the world.

Top Bottom