• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA '13 Online Dynasty Thread: A tribute to Jessica Dorrell

did you want to play tonight lone?

i adjusted my router and messed with the wireless channel settings/etc... we'll see if it does anything or if i have to use the awesome MS tech support

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I'll be there for tomorrow.

JdlrX.gif

ok, he convinced me.

SIMIT

uh, yeah.... i'll "simit" by putting you on autopilot and destroying CPU bama!

p.s.

is anyone actually seeing batman on friday? i'm trying to debate if i want to deal with those crowds. i tried seeing avengers on a saturday afternoon and the line was out the door and around the fucking theater. DKR is going to be worse :(

Ferny

uh, yeah.... i'll "simit" by putting you on autopilot and destroying CPU bama!

p.s.

is anyone actually seeing batman on friday? i'm trying to debate if i want to deal with those crowds. i tried seeing avengers on a saturday afternoon and the line was out the door and around the fucking theater. DKR is going to be worse :(

I'm sadly going to try to do it Friday night yes. Wish me luck!

Smokey

GG DM BUT

ea sure did try everything they could to hand that game to oregon. the nike connect is strong. oregon dbs turned WRs and TCU drops 3-4 picks where 2 should've been housecalls. need better nike gloves!

LiveWire

What's the status of the advance? I haven't done my recruiting yet but can do so at work through the website if the league is ready to advance before 6PM PST tonight.

Longhorn anger umad?
Your little comment backfired

I'm going to kill you when we play

Also I don't really give two shits about UT's sports. I don't know any of the kids

Give phee a break, smokey. He hasnt had a good month with sports videogames.

I've had an excellent month if you take away all the cheating that has been done to me

And I will take my 17.55 that is now in my Amazon account

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
4:46 pst, right? He needed to start (and we did) before 4:30. :/

But hey, Batman tonight, so nananananannanana

Lonestar

Come on, I'm running out of ways to score Touchdowns with all these disconnects!

$50 a year for this service. Wow

god damn i hate XBL. why do i not have any disconnect problems with my laptop or my ps3 or my wii? only xbl and only since the shitty dashboard update!

we'll see what ms tech support has to say but if i can't get it fixed then good bye ncaa and good bye madden :(

at least i wont have to pay to re-up my xbl subscription if that happens!

the fuck is XBL support gonna do..nothing

it's more than likely your router

how does the router (verizon fios) work fine for 2 years and suddenly it doesn't? and why does all my other equipment work just fine (desktop, laptop, ps3, wii, etc. all connected to the same wireless)

Smokey

how does the router (verizon fios) work fine for 2 years and suddenly it doesn't? and why does all my other equipment work just fine (desktop, laptop, ps3, wii, etc. all connected to the same wireless)

i dunno, but try assigning your xbox a static IP

if that doesn't work try placing it outside the DMZ

I don't have FIOS but I'm assuming you can do basic things like this on the router

Mrbob

Routers are picky. Reset it.

Unplug the power from your router. Unplug your cable modem. Plug your router back in. Use a pen to push that tiny reset button in the back. Plug in your modem and connect it back to your router and then turn on your xbox again and try it out.

i've:

1. reset the router
2. reset the router to factory setting
3. activated dmz on the router for the 360
4. port forwarding for the 360

this only started happening last week that i noticed. i mean i have had the system log me out of XBL for awhile anytime i'd watch netflix or hbogo but it never happened when playing a game. now it's happening playing games!

how do i assign a static IP to the 360

Smokey

i've:

1. reset the router
2. reset the router to factory setting
3. activated dmz on the router for the 360
4. port forwarding for the 360

this only started happening last week that i noticed. i mean i have had the system log me out of XBL for awhile anytime i'd watch netflix or hbogo but it never happened when playing a game. now it's happening playing games!

how do i assign a static IP to the 360

log onto the router UI and look at the IP range you have available. 192.1.1.x for example pick a number in that last octet. also right down your default gateway. go to xbox network settings and enter it in manually

Lonestar

a static IP for your 360? Go to your router menu, and I think you can assign a router IP address to a particular MAC address (your 360). Your IP will probably be the same as your router IP, just have the last 3 digits be 1 higher. Something like 192.168.1.101 or 192.168.1.102, etc.

Not sure if that would actually help, it's not a static IP from your ISP.

Smokey

a static IP for your 360? Go to your router menu, and I think you can assign a router IP address to a particular MAC address (your 360). Your IP will probably be the same as your router IP, just have the last 3 digits be 1 higher. Something like 192.168.1.101 or 192.168.1.102, etc.

Not sure if that would actually help, it's not a static IP from your ISP.

yeah but it's something with his router and the xbox..dhcp on the router could be assigning him a conflicting ip address for whatever reason. giving it a static ip would at least rule that out

although if he put it in the dmz that should of fixed it..

you might be screwed fmt upgrade from the poor mans router!!

yeah but it's something with his router and the xbox..dhcp on the router could be assigning him a conflicting ip address for whatever reason. giving it a static ip would at least rule that out

although if he put it in the dmz that should of fixed it..

you might be screwed fmt upgrade from the poor mans router!!

lol i don't have a choice! verizon modem/router are the same piece of equipment!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I have the same setup with Uverse. Finkle is Einhorn. Einhorn is Finkle.

No wonder you can never fucking connect in monopoly. Its your damn internet not the xbox

Smokey

I have the same setup with Uverse. Finkle is Einhorn. Einhorn is Finkle.

No wonder you can never fucking connect in monopoly. Its your damn internet not the xbox

That's how my AT&T Modem works as well

Is your xbox wired to the modem or you using wireless?

we're already much further along than if he would've called and spoken with MS rep Ghardi who wouldve told him to reset his modem

although bob did do just that

fmt is not providing the answers we need in a timely manner

Even if your router is your modem, which is common but still really shitty, you should still have an admin panel within the modem that allows you to setup your devices. Google the brand of the router & modem... usually these telecom companies still use standard manufacturers like Motorola or whoever for their devices.

Google that shit. Login to the Admin backend. Go to your network, look for your devices connected. You should be able to pinpoint relatively quickly which device is what because your computers will have logical names ("FMT-grinder-laptop," etc), and the 360 will probably have some weird ass name. Then, go to wherever you can forward ports or make settings on those devices, chose the X-Box device... 192.0.0.10 or whatever it is, and set that shit up as a DMZ... DEMILITARIZED ZONE. This puts your X-Box outside of the router's built in firewall which usually clears up any connection issues or gafs. You can spend all day trying to guess the right ports to forward for each game, but here's the thing... nobody is trying to hack yuor house or your 360 especially, so just set it & forget it

alright i think i fixed it. i disabled port forwarding while keeping dmz on, redownloaded my GT profile and reset the connection to factory default then updated. played against a random cheeser and made it to halftime before it said he quit, but i was never DC from xbl and it gave me the option to take the win so i'm assuming he is the one that got dc or quit

i'm around all day after 3:30 pst tomorrow lonestar

Top Bottom