• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA '13 Online Dynasty Thread: A tribute to Jessica Dorrell

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Why was the leading Heisman candidate in the game anyway when clearly the situation was under control? Hmm

You are in a losing argument friend. I know you are new to this but try to comprehend. I threw 6 TD passes in those two games combined . You threw NINE in one game. including 4 in the 4th quarter. No one said to not try to pump your guy up. Everyone here is guilty of padding the stats a little, including me. But 77 points and 9 TD passes wont slide.

Per usual, you took a small little thing and turned it into DARREN VS. THE WORLD when no one even came at you that way. So take a breather and chill.

Smokey

You are in a losing argument friend. I know you are new to this but try to comprehend. I threw 6 TD passes in those two games combined . You threw NINE in one game. including 4 in the 4th quarter. No one said to not try to pump your guy up. Everyone here is guilty of padding the stats a little, including me. But 77 points and 9 TD passes wont slide.

Per usual, you took a small little thing and turned it into DARREN VS. THE WORLD when no one even came at you that way. So take a breather and chill.

I'm chill . Just because somebody calls you out on your own brown shit doesn't mean anything. Just don't try and be mr police when you clearly did the same thing i did. Don't care if it's 80-7 or 55-5 the principle of the matter is you left your starters in and scored in the 4th. So did FMT. So don't sit here and act like yall are some immune law abiding motherfuckers.

I'm chill . Just because somebody calls you out on your own brown shit doesn't mean anything. Just don't try and be mr police when you clearly did the same thing i did. Don't care if it's 80-7 or 55-5 you left your starters in and scored in the 4th. So did FMT. So don't sit here and act like yall are some immune motherfuckers.

9 TD tosses? come on bruh

Smokey

9 TD tosses? come on bruh

fmt.png

2 TD passes less than 2 minutes apart in the 4th with your starter? One with 17 secs left? Final score 52-24? Was that necessary?

come on bruh

CB3

I'm chill . Just because somebody calls you out on your own brown shit doesn't mean anything. Just don't try and be mr police when you clearly did the same thing i did. Don't care if it's 80-7 or 55-5 you left your starters in and scored in the 4th. So did FMT. So don't sit here and act like yall are some immune motherfuckers.

Clearly you cant see the difference between 1 and 4. And 38 to 77 points. You called me out on a game i threw TWO TD passes in. Really? If thats your strongest argument against me, you need to come harder than that.

Padding your stats /= pouring it on. Learn the difference.

fmt.png

2 TD passes less than 2 minutes apart in the 4th with your starter? One with 17 secs left? Final score 52-24? Was that necessary?

come on bruh

yes it was! these a-holes cheesed their way back into a 2 score game with like 3 mins left so i said instead of running im going to put it out of reach.... for good!

the 2nd TD was on a screen pass because they kept blitzing me all out. not my fault they can't tackle but it's not like i was chucking 5 wide deep bombs

Smokey

Clearly you cant see the difference between 1 and 4. And 38 to 77 points. You called me out on a game i threw TWO TD passes in. Really? If thats your strongest argument against me, you need to come harder than that.

Padding your stats /= pouring it on. Learn the difference.

Nope I clearly see the difference. Learn what the statement "principle of the situation means".

I scored with my starting QB. So did you. So did FMT. Clearly we all have something in common. All I did was show that you aren't above leaving your starters in the 4th when clearly the game was under control. Then you write paragraphs trying to explain why you are above what you're telling me. It's ok. I said I wouldn't go over 60 from now on so just let it be John.

CB3

Nope I clearly see the difference. Learn what the statement "principle of the sitution means".

You made it a situation. I didnt even mention your name here. Your game spurred the comment but i know it would probably have to be addressed to everyone. Thats why i said it like i did. You are the one that came in here guns blazing. It was a non issue

Smokey

yes it was! these a-holes cheesed their way back into a 2 score game with like 3 mins left so i said instead of running im going to put it out of reach.... for good!

the 2nd TD was on a screen pass because they kept blitzing me all out. not my fault they can't tackle but it's not like i was chucking 5 wide deep bombs

I wasn't doing 5 wide bombs either. Not my fault the CPU turned the ball over in the 4th. I then took the chance to work on some stuff.

We can keep spinning if you'd like.

Sokantish

Wow what kind of person would run up the score against the CPU... that's low man. I certainly wouldn't ever do that. No need to look at any of my games, just so we are clear.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The CPU went for multiple fourth downs, ran double corner routes from the slot (like the olden days!) and even ran a fake punt.

Yes they deserved to die, and I hope they burn in hell

Well not only that but I am certain there are situations where the CPU pretty much knows what play you're running

I had this one sequence where I audibled between the same 2 plays (in the same formation) about 10 times during pre-snap, and the defense would always audible between the same 2 plays as well

CB3

Phee, Ferny, and livewire have games to play. DM has recruiting. Livewire is playing his Sunday night. We advance when he is done, with or without you!

what

since when did we advance??

jesus titty.....I will take care of that this morning

fuk yo clown ass cb, matt pryor is mine :(

Well not only that but I am certain there are situations where the CPU pretty much knows what play you're running

I had this one sequence where I audibled between the same 2 plays (in the same formation) about 10 times during pre-snap, and the defense would always audible between the same 2 plays as well

Aye, this is a hallmark of EA CPU playcalling. IT's been the same since like Madden 96.
You call your play and the CPU calls one of four plays. If you're on JV, they call the right defense 1/4 times, Versity 2/4 times, AA 3/4 times, Heisman 4/4 times. IF you audible, there is an algorithm to match your audibles X amount of times. The major problem with this is that if you know what they're going to call, you can really easily exploit the defense by calling aplay and doing something different from what that play is supposed to be.

CPU playcalling in Madden engine games has always been a joke. You've always been able to test whether they've fixed the playcalling based on the special teams. If you come out in a fake punt pass, they will have a different defense than if you come out in traditional punt, even if everything is lined up right. Same with fake FG. It's the hallmark to see whether the CPU is prescient or not.

That being said, I like the aggressiveness of the CPU in NCAA '13, and their defensive playcalling is not completely horrible like in the last 2 years, when you'd get engage 8 every other play. On offense, they do play somewhat unpredictably, which is great. Of course, when they go for it on 4th down, run fake punts, and all else, it can be frustrating... but it also mixes up the game.

Also can we *not* bump it up to heisman, and other people just don't toss X amount of TDs when you're up big. IT might be annoying to play against the CPU 5 weeks in a row or w/e, but we cant control that, and it's way more annoying to play against the perenially cheap Heisman difficulty cpu 5 weeks in a row.

last 2 games are ferny and livewire, but livewire wont be playing until after 10 pm so depending on when he plays this can vance late tonight or tomorrow!

Lonestar

If you go to strategy--->Mass subs, you can sub in your 2nd string offense, defense, or both

I did that too, though for a second, I wondered if it would ignore all the redshirts I had set up. I'm assuming it did.

CB3

I think there is a confirmation menu for when you burn a red shirt. I had to do it with a QB last year

Ramirez

Man, the bum league is only one week behind the superior league, and we started a week later. Better rally the troops CB!

CB3

Not my fault FMT was calling xbox support because his internet sucked for 3 days

Wow, I hate Livewire.

lulz. i actually blame myself for this since it would've vanced sooner last week, which in turn would've vanced this one sooner!

btw if it ever happens to anyone, delete your profile and re-download it. that seems to be what fixed my disconnect issue. i have no idea what deleting your profile actually does. when i looked at it before deleting it said 24 MB and then when i redownloaded it, it was like 400 kb. anyways, oh well

Week 6

Advance date: 7/25 (Wednesday) @ 6 pm pst

Human games:

#8 Arkansas @ Texas A&M
#2 Alabama Vs. Mississippi
#5 South Carolina Vs. Kentucky
Penn State @ Illinois
#13 Oregon @ Texas
#12 Wisconsin Vs. #11 Michigan
#3 USC Vs. Oregon State
#10 TCU @ Hawaii
Iowa Vs. Minnesota
#6 FSU @ Mizzou

Lonestar

I've ran into a recruiting bug.

On a particular player, Jonathan Mosley DT, I cannot use any minutes towards him. I've got 40 minutes to call, the green phone icon is on, I should be able to use it. But the message "Cannot call this prospect as the required recruiting time has already been used" pops up. This is a bug, because this happened last week. In which case, I've now been passed by TCU, so I think Smokey's turned on his Gameshark for this one.

Top Bottom