• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA '13 Online Dynasty Thread: A tribute to Jessica Dorrell

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Robinson's hard to stop. Best you can hope for, is to cause Luke to throw the football with Robinson.

It's how I lucked into a win, 2 pick 6's in a 7 point game!

I remember that 35 yard drop back to avoid being sacked by throwing the ball away at the last second.

It's alright, I now have extra motivation now to tear through the Big 10 regular season and take out Robinson in the Big 10 championship game!

in lukes defense, i had a play like this against lonestar and i don't have a fast QB. i dropped back, literally stood in the pocket for like 10 seconds but his guys couldn't get to me, then i started to roll left but he cut me off with a manual LB, so i turned back right as he tried to hit stick me, then i did a full circle and another guy was coming at me and i finally decided to throw the ball away. all told, from initial drop back to final throw away, i must have run around for 30-40 yards

Lonestar

in lukes defense, i had a play like this against lonestar and i don't have a fast QB. i dropped back, literally stood in the pocket for like 10 seconds but his guys couldn't get to me, then i started to roll left but he cut me off with a manual LB, so i turned back right as he tried to hit stick me, then i did a full circle and another guy was coming at me and i finally decided to throw the ball away. all told, from initial drop back to final throw away, i must have run around for 30-40 yards

I can hear yakety sax playing!

I can hear yakety sax playing!

even though i didn't necessarily benefit from the play i was ashamed it happened afterwards! like i said before, this QB running crap all stems from the overabundance of pancake blocks that happen, which i'm sure is as a result of the dumb fucks from op sports complaining that they dont get enough pancake stats in their single player dynasty

Lonestar

Just doing what anyone would do in the situation, hard to hate. Was laughing on my side. Might have only rushed 3, but I want to say I used 4 (switched over to 4-3 by the time I played you). Sometimes, shit just can't be done by the down lineman. I've got solid guys, but there's not a superstar there either.

it is with a heavy heart that i vance at this time. i was told livewire would "be done" by 10 pm.... it is nearly 10 and he hasn't even started to play his cpu game!

i'm sorry livewire. you do it to yourself, and that's why it really hurts. you do it to yourself you and no one else!

of course, as its about done advancing livewire signs on. apologies again friend.... but without communication what are we!? we are worse than animals!

new week is up!

Next vance date: 7/27 (Friday)

Human games:

#9 Arkansas Vs. Auburn (CPU)
#5 Lonestar @ #8 FSU
#2 South Carolina Vs. #19 UGA (CPU)
Penn State Vs. NU (CPU)
#23 Oregon Vs. Washington (CPU)
#15 Wisconsin @ Illinois (CPU)
#6 USC @ #22 Utah (CPU)
#20 Texas Vs. Stanford (CPU)
#7 TCU (BYE)
#11 Michigan (BYE)
Iowa (BYE)

LiveWire

it is with a heavy heart that i vance at this time. i was told livewire would "be done" by 10 pm.... it is nearly 10 and he hasn't even started to play his cpu game!

i'm sorry livewire. you do it to yourself, and that's why it really hurts. you do it to yourself you and no one else!

You jackass I was just starting to play the game! You said the advance was tomorrow night. Laaaaame. I did my recruiting online just so I could get the game done even faster for the group when I actually had a chance to get home and play. Bah

You jackass I was just starting to play the game! You said the advance was tomorrow night. Laaaaame. I did my recruiting online just so I could get the game done even faster for the group when I actually had a chance to get home and play. Bah

sorry broham! shoot me a PM or post in the thread your intentions.... i know we have advance dates but when we're waiting on one last game and its a CPU game and i haven't heard from you then i don't know whats going on! luke said it would be done by 10 and i didn't even see you on!

on the plus side at least you won!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
He won the sim. The ends justify the means!

In other news, i dropped from 3 to 6 for no reason

Lonestar

He won the sim. The ends justify the means!

In other news, i dropped from 3 to 6 for no reason

We're #1 and #2 in the ranking that counts!

I dropped too, but at least it kind of looks correct. There's undefeated teams at the top now.

Mrbob

Karma train must have hit, as I just stole a recruit right out of Ann Arbor this week! Home of the Wolverines can't even hold onto their own highly rated 4 star player. He had been scheduled for a local trip next week to The Big House but that has now been canceled!

Now I gotta try holding off DM for the number one ranked MLB. Got a decent lead but I see he visited Oregon this week. Had a great recruiting week with him but I also did with my SS when he back stabbed me for USC!

Lonestar

For information purposes, what is the greatest OVR rating jump you've scouted on a player? What's the largest negative OVR jump you've seen?

Gerald McBride, a 4 star CB who was rated a 71, had an increase in scouting of +8, making him a 79 OVR

Scott Cleveland, a 5 star Guard, was rated 81, but a -6 scouting change, moved him to 75.

ph33nix: it's not like I used a whole hour of negative recruiting against Texas. Nope Nope Nope.

Mrbob

I've had a couple gems signed so far, they all jumped +5.

The worst drop I've seen is -4 on a 4 star bust.

I do have a question about gem players. Do 4 Star gem players still have the same ceiling as a standard 4 star player? Meaning there is a limit to how high OVR the player will be as a senior? Or do 4 star gems have the ceiling limit of a standard 5 star player?

For information purposes, what is the greatest OVR rating jump you've scouted on a player? What's the largest negative OVR jump you've seen?

Gerald McBride, a 4 star CB who was rated a 71, had an increase in scouting of +8, making him a 79 OVR

Scott Cleveland, a 5 star Guard, was rated 81, but a -6 scouting change, moved him to 75.

I had a 5* center in my offline dynasty that was a -9, it then changed to say "BUST" next to his name instead of "100% scouted." I thought that was pretty funny.

Lonestar

I've had a couple gems signed so far, they all jumped +5.

The worst drop I've seen is -4 on a 4 star bust.

I do have a question about gem players. Do 4 Star gem players still have the same ceiling as a standard 4 star player? Meaning there is a limit to how high OVR the player will be as a senior? Or do 4 star gems have the ceiling limit of a standard 5 star player?

A very good question. Time to see if anyone at Operation Sports has done research.

I had a 5* center in my offline dynasty that was a -9, it then changed to say "BUST" next to his name instead of "100% scouted." I thought that was pretty funny.

Yeah, seems like if it's a 5 or more point swing, and you 100% scout a player, it'll have a Gem or Bust icon.

Might just be the 5 star players I've gone after, but the majority of them have gone down in rating after scouting.

Lonestar

In the other GAF league I have a CB who jumped up 12 points.

Niiiice. What was his star ranking?

I'm wondering if there's a limit on the OVR changes, based on his star level. Like 5 stars only have so much swing potential, and as the stars go lower, the amount of possible change increases.

Nightz

I'm wondering if there's a limit on the OVR changes, based on his star level. Like 5 stars only have so much swing potential, and as the stars go lower, the amount of possible change increases.

Sorry it was a DE, not a CB. The CB I was thinking of went up 8 points. This DE is just a 2* lol. Went from a 55 to 67. I'm guessing your theory is correct.

Mrbob

Is he a JUCO player? I'm going after a 2 star guy right now and I noticed his ratings are jumping quite a bit as I continue to scout him. This confused me until I noticed he is a JUCO player.

Lonestar

Sorry it was a DE, not a CB. The CB I was thinking of went up 8 points. This DE is just a 2* lol. Went from a 55 to 67. I'm guessing your theory is correct.

a 2 star 67 ain't bad. I'm looking at a 4 star TE that's dropped down to a 67 rating, and a 4 star WR that's dropped to 68.

Nightz

Is he a JUCO player? I'm going after a 2 star guy right now and I noticed his ratings are jumping quite a bit as I continue to scout him. This confused me until I noticed he is a JUCO player.

Nope, not JUCO. Though I did notice that JUCO players in general had nicer rating bumps than incoming freshmen.

Smokey

Mosley comin to tcu eat it

LukeSmith

Karma train must have hit, as I just stole a recruit right out of Ann Arbor this week! Home of the Wolverines can't even hold onto their own highly rated 4 star player. He had been scheduled for a local trip next week to The Big House but that has now been canceled!

Now I gotta try holding off DM for the number one ranked MLB. Got a decent lead but I see he visited Oregon this week. Had a great recruiting with him but I also did with my SS when he back stabbed me for USC!

Oh that Tackle prospect who would've been the second best tackle we recruited this year? Seems fitting that he goes to the team who best case finishes second in the Big 10.

300px-Denard_Robinson_Press_Conference.jpg

LiveWire

Sokantish it looks like we're scheduled to play after the advance. I'm free tomorrow night around 10PM Pacific...what time zone are you?

Sokantish

Sokantish it looks like we're scheduled to play after the advance. I'm free tomorrow night around 10PM Pacific...what time zone are you?

I'm CST. Which team are you? Because I'm on a bye week right now and it says I play Michigan State next. And that looks like an AI player

Sokantish

I play Penn State the advance after this advance. I think... now you have me doubting myself.

EDIT: Oh okay, I'm not going crazy!

I think I should be able to get my game in on Friday, early. Or perhaps late tomorrow night. FYI, I am completely gone this weekend. Leaving for a company weekend thing up to the White Mountains for work. I'll be back late Sunday night.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I think I should be able to get my game in on Friday, early. Or perhaps late tomorrow night. FYI, I am completely gone this weekend. Leaving for a company weekend thing up to the White Mountains for work. I'll be back late Sunday night.

We'll just have to make sure to advance tonight then to give you the time you need, nay, deserve!

Top Bottom