• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA '13 Online Dynasty Thread: A tribute to Jessica Dorrell

i've run into a recruiting bug where i can't get anyone to sign with me :(

well thats not true i have gotten 3 but fuck i'll get like 800 points into a guy in multiple weeks and the fucker still wont sign! and the computer completely cheesed me to get back into the game and make it close. fuckers almost got the ball back in a tie game with like 2 mins left but i converted a timely 3rd down and was then able to score a TD without too much time left

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I've ran into a recruiting bug.

On a particular player, Jonathan Mosley DT, I cannot use any minutes towards him. I've got 40 minutes to call, the green phone icon is on, I should be able to use it. But the message "Cannot call this prospect as the required recruiting time has already been used" pops up. This is a bug, because this happened last week. In which case, I've now been passed by TCU, so I think Smokey's turned on his Gameshark for this one.

Nah. that DT just watched him throw 9 TD's last week and decided it was over for you.

In other news, Oregon St. is so bad my first team had to take off their pads at halftime.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Actually, maybe the bug is that the minutes left clock shows the wrong time. Said 0:40 left, then I exit, and it's down to 0:10. So, that's whats wrong.

On a particular player, Jonathan Mosley DT, I cannot use any minutes towards him. I've got 40 minutes to call, the green phone icon is on, I should be able to use it. But the message "Cannot call this prospect as the required recruiting time has already been used" pops up. This is a bug, because this happened last week. In which case, I've now been passed by TCU, so I think Smokey's turned on his Gameshark for this one.

I got that in week 1 -- it's not with that player I don't think, I think it's with how the O.D. calculates time remaining. I lost out on like ~40 minutes of recruiting time in week 1 but I haven't seen it happen since week 1 for me at least. When I went to the online recruiter, it said I had 0:00 left for recruiting, but in game said ~40mins or whatever I think.

I really wish that EA would spend 3 hours of development time and focus on the menu jank. Since like NCAA '09, the menus have gotten slower and slower with more and more jank... like... A just not being responsive, you press RT to go through the menu and it's just not responsive at all. I'm always surprised that nobody flags this shit in QE/QA at EA, saying, like "there is a real dissonance between a player pressing A and having to wait 1 second for the button press to register..." especially in such a click-heavy area like the recruiting menus. Where more often than not you're buttoning through as fast as possible.

The menus in NCAA '13, though, are probably the worst of any EA game since Madden '08.

Smokey

I have good assistants who are working hard. I am sorry the same can't be said about saban.

I've done all of my recruiting via the website and haven't had too many issues. Occasionally you need to reload the page to get the updated scouting/recruiting time left, but other than that its worked fine for me. Hated dealing with the menus in the dynasty so I've just stuck to the website. Much easier to get around and do stuff imo.

I have good assistants who are working hard.

Shapiro_crop_340x234.jpg

Ugh... recruiting on the website? It's the slowest, clunkiest web interface I've used in ages. I wish they had included a check box so that you could apply the same thing to X recruits. Like, select 5 and do "30min quick calls" for each one or something. 90% of the recruiting time is waiting for the UI, both in game and on the web

Lonestar

I have good assistants who are working hard. I am sorry the same can't be said about saban.

I've done all of my recruiting via the website and haven't had too many issues. Occasionally you need to reload the page to get the updated scouting/recruiting time left, but other than that its worked fine for me. Hated dealing with the menus in the dynasty so I've just stuck to the website. Much easier to get around and do stuff imo.

Well, now that I finally had a home game that players visited on, lets see what happens ;)

Lonestar

When does the Top Classes option appear in game?

I'd say after this week, but I'd be guessing.

Though, there is a list on the website:
1st digit is 5 star, on down to 1 star, with the last digit being how many have committed (LSU has 7 commits)
LSU
1 42007
Florida
1 42007
Oklahoma
1 23006
Ohio State
0 35008
USC
0 42006
Alabama
1 30004
South Carolina
1 21105
Michigan State
0 17109
Texas A&M
0 07007
Notre Dame
0 23005
Georgia
0 22105
Wisconsin
0 30003
Oregon
0 22004
Georgia Tech
0 13206
Cal
0 05207
UCLA
0 04318
Stanford
0 04004
Penn State
1 00001
Nebraska
0 12003
USF
0 03104
Colorado
0 03025
Baylor
0 02305
West Virginia
0 11002
Washington
0 03003
Rice
0 02125

Mrbob

It's up this week in game. I looked at it about an hour ago.

USC and Bama are near the top. No surprise as auto win is nice.

Badgers hanging strong at 12 right now without having as many advantages.

I'd be in the top 10 if I didn't get screwed by my SS recruit. :x

Lonestar

I like the website even more, seeing all these extra recruiting base areas. Even the states have alot of info, like "what teams have the most players from the state of "x".

There are 0 players from the state of Maine, in the entire Fake NCAA.

Lonestar

That might be a problem...

yeah, it was for me too.

Time to just start randomly entering in your emails and various passwords you use often (if you reuse passwords)

It's possible there's a game menu in NCAA that'll let you see what email you signed up with, so that'd be a start.

Sokantish

I went to the reset password thing and did all that, logged into EA's site just fine, but then it still says my password is incorrect on the NCAA website. Oh well.

i didn't see this posted yet:

EA Sports has released NCAA Football 13 title update details, which arrives on July 31st.

The first issue was a loss of functionality on the Playcall screen, which created a situation where you couldn't change the formation without pausing the game. The second issue was a random crash in our Dynasty mode while loading into a Dynasty game. Once we became aware of these issues, we got fixes in and submitted a title update to Microsoft and Sony. The first title update in order to fix these two issues will be released on July 31st.

There is a work-around for the Dynasty crash until the patch is released. If you run into the crash loading in to game, you need to resave your dynasty file. You can do this by renaming your dynasty or making a change and triggering the auto-save feature. When you do this, it will optimize the file and you can continue playing.

They have also posted the details for NCAA Football 13 title update #2, which will be released in late August.

Gameplay
Zone Defense has been updated.
We improved receiver leverage logic as well as predicting when a receiver will be in or out of their zone.
Improved Deep Half Zone decision making about when to split between uncovered receivers. Also, allow more zone overlapping in deep half to cover more area.
Deep half defenders were dropping too close to the sideline or dropping outside when no receiver was outside of their position.
No-Huddle QB Spy bug fixed. Defenders will no longer go into spy assignments while in man coverage.
Receivers weren’t looking for hot-read passes.
CPU QBs passing during the drop would get set passes instead of on-the-run inaccurate passes.
Change the logic of man defenders so they don't run into the backfield and past the receiver they are covering.
Route running near sideline was causing issues especially on comeback routes.
Fixed players not respecting global show blitz/press/back off coverage after handing off a receiver.
Fixed sideline streak routes so they don't get clamped in a way that the route would end after 10 or 15 yards.
Drive summaries should now reset after each scoring drive.
Dynasty
Once a promise becomes active, it was duplicating after each week advance.
Recruit Reports & Advisory options remained even after the "Allow Time Savers" setting was turned off.
Schools with a D+ Program Tradition could not get their grade increased through wins and championships.
In the off-season, post season games were not shown to have been played.
Custom Playbooks
Fixed an issue where if CPU coaches were given a custom playbook, the players were occasionally lining up close to the ball.
Fixed an issue where the user was unable to create an offensive playbook that consisted of 1 of every formation.
Fixed an issue where the user was sometimes losing functionality after the UI disappears in Custom Playbooks.
Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.
The NCAA Football 13 team is adding a "Uniform Store" which allows them to add updated default uniforms during the season, at no charge.

Update: Just received clarification from Justin, community manager at EA Sports.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Bob has clearly never heard of Denard Robinson before an hour ago

Thats like getting angry over Lebron driving to the rim

Mrbob

We're in opposite conferences in the Big 10, so there is still a chance to meet up again in a much bigger match up in the championship game.

LukeSmith

It got so desperate for bobby that he just started manually blitzing safeties, in the expression of ultimate class, he decided to go full Vumpler.

We are all witnesses

Mrbob

Lol that is a stretch of what happened. I did it once on the last play of the game. Guess you must be feeling guilty unleashing your inner Madden Nation.

LukeSmith

Lol that is a stretch of what happened. I did it once on the last play of the game. Guess you must be feeling guilty unleashing your inner Madden Nation.

The only guilt I feel is the shame of being right about slinging you into the garbage bin. Up 17-7, Wisconsin game in hand.

Big throws

Mrbob

I remember that 35 yard drop back to avoid being sacked by throwing the ball away at the last second.

It's alright, I now have extra motivation now to tear through the Big 10 regular season and take out Robinson in the Big 10 championship game!

Top Bottom