• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA '13 Online Dynasty Thread: A tribute to Jessica Dorrell

LukeSmith

Already trying to avoid going 0-2 against me in NCAA.

You're like a guy who gets beat up in a fight and then as he's picking himself up off the ground with a mouthful of dirt says "yeah, you better keep walking."

You've got spunk, but that apparently doesn't win games.

Damn Marcus Lattimore 99 overall.

1NTem.png

That was last year. In so far as I will be even more one dimensional this year, expect those numbers to increase seven fold.

No, SEVENTY FOLD.

Mrbob

I rode a 98 rated HB to a National Title, pound it out on the ground Tross! Passing is overrated. Who wants B Marsh in Madden?

oh and it looks like stats and whatever doesn't factor into progression. I played my 3rd string QB all year and he didn't improve any more than the guys who didn't play

I rode a 98 rated HB to a National Title, pound it out on the ground Tross! Passing is overrated. Who wants B Marsh in Madden?

I'll give you those 3rd rounders back that you owe me

Sokantish

the coaching security rankings from best to worst, of the User coaches

#1 Wisconsin 100%
#2 Alabama 95%
#3 TCU 90%
#4 Iowa 84%
#5 Michigan 77%
#6 South Carolina 75%
#7 USC 70%
#8 Oregon 68 %
#9 FSU 64%
#10 Arkansas 57%
#11 Penn State 57%
#12 Texas 51%
I can't believe I was so high, maybe Iowa has low expectations

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
An SEC team winning the national championship is way more realistic than a Big 10 team winning it.

This year, the BCS is wonky. 1st, the computer understood that I hadn't played a football game in forever, so it didn't hurt me when I lost to Bob 1st game (well, half lost, lost connection down by 20 or so). But I stayed ahead of him in the polls for the rest of the season, coming down to the end.

Last week, I'm #3. CB3 and Smokey are #2 and #1 respectively, playing each other in the PAC CCG. One of them wins (Smokey), I won my CCG, but Bob beat Luke in a rematch B1G CCG, and jumped from 5th to 2nd.

BCS: Corrupt

WE NEED A NATIONAL PLAYOFF.
WE NEED IT NOOOOOOW.

In the meantime
8xsbX.jpg

lNtz1.jpg

LiveWire

Coach LiveWire brought in the #7 recruit class in the country despite myriad setbacks. The administration has confidence he will turn it around.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Strange, last night I thought I cut down to 70 players, but the website now says 71. Counted, and there's 71. Confussssssed

Smokey

C. Pachall (QB) - 99 OVR
J. Boyce (WR) - 98
S. Maponga (LE) - 95
W. James (3rd string RB last yr wat) ->96
B. Carter (WR) - 93

plus a whole lot more

dem rating bumps mm

C. Pachall (QB) - 99 OVR
J. Boyce (WR) - 98
S. Maponga (LE) - 95
W. James (3rd string RB last yr wat) ->96
B. Carter (WR) - 93

plus a whole lot more

dem rating bumps mm

since when the fuck did tcu acquire talent

i am serious. i cannot remember or understand how they get recruits

Mrbob

TCU = Texas Christian University

Texas! Hot bed for college football. This is how they get talent, even if they aren't the top university for college football in the state.

BTW when are we vancing?

Sokantish

TCU = Texas Christian University

Texas! Hot bed for college football. This is how they get talent, even if they aren't the top university for college football in the state.

BTW when are we vancing?

3:30 PST

OH WAIT. I just want to lose games against humans again, is that so bad?

sorry bro's! got caught up at work. CB wouldn't know anything about work so i forgive him!

and the EA site and all videogame sites are banned at my work so i wouldn't have been able to vance there anyways :D

vancin now

i will vance to "pre-season" at about 3:30 pst (maybe slightly after).

30-40 mins is slightly! suck it down losers!

p.s. i have liveprofile on my phone, and CB messaged me. you could have messaged me a billion times and it wouldn't have changed things!

oh, i'm adjusting the conferences first. we'll rotate the human players in each division. and i'm going to make sure all "protected rivalries" are human games now.

complain all you want about not having enough rivalry games or whatever! i just dont give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

vanced!

go do your recruiting board and red shirt your players. i will do the schedule tonight after i get back from playing basketball.

i bought new headbands from amazon thinking it was a good deal (4 for $6!) and i got them and they make me look even gayer than usual. its like those womens head bands for yoga. fucking garbage i'm going to have to use this ratty ass one ive been using for the last year. guess i better bite the bullet and pay $10 for a new QUALITY one. you get what you pay for fellas!

Sokantish

I have no idea what I'm doing with this red shirt stuff. What is the point of it? Will the AI handle it if I don't do anything?

LiveWire

if you try to redshirt someone you promised it will give you a prompt and warn you that you'll break a promise

It doesn't prompt me about breaking a promise, and I know for at least a few guys I did make that promise. Guess you can't do this on the website.

How many guys do I have to reduce the roster to...53? Do I need to redshirt anyone if I don't want to?

It doesn't prompt me about breaking a promise, and I know for at least a few guys I did make that promise. Guess you can't do this on the website.

How many guys do I have to reduce the roster to...53? Do I need to redshirt anyone if I don't want to?

roster has already been reduced to 70, which is the max.

if you don't want to redshirt anyone you don't have to. the benefits of redshirting is if you have two RT's that are 80's, only 1 is going to play. why not redshirt the other and buy him an extra year of eligibility when your senior 80 RT leaves?!

but whatever

p.s. don't forget to set your recuirting board!

and there are 20 hours of "scouting" (NOT RECRUITING!) that you can use. i will vance around 9 pm pst

Red shirting allows you to designate a player who will not take a single snap all season, and so he sits out all year, but then reclaims that year and it doesn't count against them. So, you get 5 years of development out of a player instead of just 4, and he would have been sitting anyway.

For instance, last season, I had a ~70s freshman MLB who was not going to play at all because I had an 80s SR ahead of him. So I redshirted him. He sat out the whole year, but didn't lose a year of eligibility, so this year, he's an 82 ovr freshman linebacker, which is pretty sweet. He'll PROBABLY max out at a 95 - 99 in his career.

LukeSmith

Red shirting allows you to designate a player who will not take a single snap all season, and so he sits out all year, but then reclaims that year and it doesn't count against them. So, you get 5 years of development out of a player instead of just 4, and he would have been sitting anyway.

For instance, last season, I had a ~70s freshman MLB who was not going to play at all because I had an 80s SR ahead of him. So I redshirted him. He sat out the whole year, but didn't lose a year of eligibility, so this year, he's an 82 ovr freshman linebacker, which is pretty sweet. He'll PROBABLY max out at a 95 - 99 in his career.

Important note: Redshirted players are eligible to turn pro as a So(RS).

Top Bottom