• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA '13 Online Dynasty Thread: A tribute to Jessica Dorrell

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It's Bucknuticus, Ohio State fan, NCAA topic member (unlike most of you :p ) and he asked about the league way back before we started, and ask me to fill in a spot in another league of his. So I returned the favor, he said he was interested.

Seemed like a good fit, since he'd fill in a B1G spot, and ensure DCX wouldn't come back in at a further date ;)

Hey guys I'm interested, my xbl account name is bucknuticus. Sorry I haven't responded Ive been out of town for my girlfriends graduation. I will be back at home Sunday afternoon.

DMczaf

FDRDa.jpg

I'm just kidding around anyway, I don't mind losing to Ram. I do feel sorry for Livewire though, I think you guys broke him with the sub .500 stuff!

Yeah... I hope LiveWire knows I was only kidding! He's bested me in Madden time and again (like well, maybe just 1 time).

But these leagues have karma and everybody gets what's coming to them.

Hey guys I'm interested, my xbl account name is bucknuticus. Sorry I haven't responded Ive been out of town for my girlfriends graduation. I will be back at home Sunday afternoon.

You'll soon find out that you'll have no time to do things like that with your girlfriend. Through ~2 years of Gaf leagues, my girlfriend now knows her place.

Man NCAA does a lot of things right this year. I think the gameplay is really on point. Tight enough without feeling too tight like last year... I feel like with a good QB, I can put the ball right where I want to in most circumstances (if I'm not pressured, etc). In my other O.D. with a friend just had a perfectly floated pass... the WR had the nickle back beat, and I had to float the ball over him, so I put a little bit of right stick up / to the right, and it just got right in, right at the sidelines ahead of the deep CB but just over the NB. It's something that in past NCAA's, and madden, the NB would have made a miraculous jump and swat with his right hand, or closed ont he ball in record breaking time. Game feels great.

Kudos to them

Man NCAA does a lot of things right this year. I think the gameplay is really on point. Tight enough without feeling too tight like last year... I feel like with a good QB, I can put the ball right where I want to in most circumstances (if I'm not pressured, etc). In my other O.D. with a friend just had a perfectly floated pass... the WR had the nickle back beat, and I had to float the ball over him, so I put a little bit of right stick up / to the right, and it just got right in, right at the sidelines ahead of the deep CB but just over the NB. It's something that in past NCAA's, and madden, the NB would have made a miraculous jump and swat with his right hand, or closed ont he ball in record breaking time. Game feels great.

Kudos to them

I just wish the option and blockers werent so broken.

The option seems to have gotten better after the patch. I'm actually enjoying learning how to run it

Sometimes blockers are broken though, pisses me off. especially on some runs down the middle where your dudes won't pick up anyone

Lonestar

The option seems to have gotten better after the patch. I'm actually enjoying learning how to run it

Sometimes blockers are broken though, pisses me off. especially on some runs down the middle where your dudes won't pick up anyone

noting feels quite like "oh, I've got a blocker right in line to get that guy...wait...argh they passed through each other, now I'm tackled"

I've even ran the Heavy Maryland I Formation, which has 1 HB and 2 lead FB's instead of one, and had a Linebacker shoot the Center-Guard gap and run right by 2 blockers and tackle the HB for a loss.

But I'm also enjoying learning some option plays, with this freshman QB I've got.

One other thing I don't like, is that custom playbooks don't load into Practice Mode in dynasty. Best you can do, is assign a team's offensive plan in your coaching philosophy page, that has the certain plays you want to try out.

LiveWire

I'm not out until the end of the season right? I still have to beat Luke. Then this new Ohio State guy can continue the job I started.

Mrbob

So excited for tomorrow...can finally start my vacation! Worked almost 80 this past week and finishing off a 26 out of 27 day working stretch!

Time to co op Fear 3! And maybe recover so I don't play NCAA half asleep!

Lonestar

I'm still out of town, on my way home now. Do I have anything to do like recruiting prior to the advance?
Only if you want to, can you get into the league via website?

Also, you have at least 3 human games this season, not counting CCG and bowl games

BigAT

Ferny just called me from the hospital, he said he would be unable to get his game in tonight. His proctologist is rushing there ASAP though.

urry uuuup

Also, where's Luke and Ferny?

where indeed.

btw i got a random message on XBL asking if there was an open spot. i asked if he was from gaf and he said "yeah i was just checking out the open dynastys". i don't think he's from gaf.... probably came up on a list since there is technically an open spot until the ohio state guy shows up

Sokantish

Imagine a game where you play with 4 random strangers where you have to work together, but the 4 strangers you're teamed up with are all just massive jerks. Then imagine once you get in the game you have to read a guide before you decide to play it or those jerks will yell at you for purchasing an item from the recommended items tab

I disagree in some ways for the option. The option requires more QB activity, and it isn't like what it used to be. In the old days, it seemed like the option was either an 8+ yard gain, or a -2 yard loss, never any in between. Now you have to work the option like working your way down the field.. accepting 4 yard gains with your QB as a success. I don't run the option very much though so dont have a lot of experience this year.

The CPU option though is pretty abysmal

i won't simit, but i will say that this is the last warning for everyone: if you're just deciding to not play when you have a CPU game or when your opponent is around and you're the last game then i'm going to simit, whether it's at the advance date/time or not!

luke/fern if you guys aren't really interested in playing in the league then say so.... i won't be mad and we can find replacements! it shouldn't be a chore for you to play. seems like you dudes are more interested in dota, and that's fine, but for those of us really into the league it is hard to justify waiting!

Ferny

You can sim it. Honestly we were going to play after I got done with my fantasy football draft but we got sucked in to the Dota. Luke and myself are ok with the sim this week.

Ferny

DotA2, killing leagues since 2011.

I was in the Madden league from beginning to the end so Dota won't kill my desire for that at all. NCAA just has not grabbed me like it did last year. I'll totally finish this season out though. Would not be fair to bail mid season like that, unless FMT already has someone waiting in the wings.

LukeSmith

Sometimes bros, you lose a game of DOTA and you need to immediately go next, with scumbag tier heroes to get a win.

I'm finishing my recruiting now and then can sim it

Top Bottom