• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA Football 09 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton

Jabari Marshall (CB) and Catron Gainey (FS) made the All-ACC First Team at CB and FS, respectively, so my 4-8 season had a glimmer of goodness.

GCQuinton

We've advanced.

In early bowl action:

Kent State beat Florida International 49-13 in the Motor City Bowl
Colorado beat Arizona State 35-14 in the Pacific Life Holiday Bowl

Montez Billings (Auburn) led the NCAA in WR TDs at 26. Percy Harvin (Florida) was behind him with 20.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Julio is up to 28, and I still need to play my Auburn game...

Too bad Dammittt can't read this board. I'm going to take out my 2 loss frustration on the Lowly Aubum Ligers.

Lonestar

Yeah, and I've been trying to think who to chose. First thought Georgia, then LSU. Maybe OSU or USC...

GCQuinton

Just thought about this, but a reminder to you guys throughout recruiting: if you're going after a guy, you better plan on using them because they (and players on your current roster) can transfer if they aren't getting any PT.

In my dynasty last year on NCAA 08, a little guy named Knowshon Moreno wasn't getting any PT at Georgia and transferred to my team at UNC. The rest is history there :D

GCQuinton said:
Just thought about this, but a reminder to you guys throughout recruiting: if you're going after a guy, you better plan on using them because they (and players on your current roster) can transfer if they aren't getting any PT.

In my dynasty last year on NCAA 08, a little guy named Knowshon Moreno wasn't getting any PT at Georgia and transferred to my team at UNC. The rest is history there :D

You are making a bold assumption that some of us(me) are getting any recruits. I only have 2 committed a 2 star guard and a 2 star TE. :lol

GCQuinton

bobbydigital said:
You are making a bold assumption that some of us(me) are getting any recruits. I only have 2 committed a 2 star guard and a 2 star TE. :lol

I thought it went without saying that I was referring to the more prestiged teams that can pretty much go after who they want right now to try and stack their teams. Most recruits don't commit in this game till the first or second week of off-season recruiting anyway.

Right now my only commit's a 1 star TE.

One feature I really wish they'd bring back from NCAA 05 is the Player Discipline system where you had to monitor their grades and off-field activities (and sometimes even sit them out for games) via their composure rating. That's about the only thing left from the last-gen games to add.

Lonestar

I've got 6 Five Star's and 5 4 star's...but alas, not in this league :p

Storybook, that's the type of talent I except you to bring into Alabama in this league.

GCQuinton said:
I thought it went without saying that I was referring to the more prestiged teams that can pretty much go after who they want right now to try and stack their teams. Most recruits don't commit in this game till the first or second week of off-season recruiting anyway.

Right now my only commit's a 1 star TE.

One feature I really wish they'd bring back from NCAA 05 is the Player Discipline system where you had to monitor their grades and off-field activities (and sometimes even sit them out for games) via their composure rating. That's about the only thing left from the last-gen games to add.

i agree i believe it used to allow you to dedicate a percentage of your time to different parts of the program such as recruiting, discipline and training and the more percentage you dedicated the more recruiting points(now time) you would get, or the more your players would improve, i liked that.

daw840

The only commit I can remember off the top of my head is my 5-star strong safety. Don't throw deep on me next year bitches!!

Lonestar said:
I've got 6 Five Star's and 5 4 star's...but alas, not in this league :p

Storybook, that's the type of talent I except you to bring into Alabama in this league.

I'll certainly do my best. I'll have to watch for all these other guys trying to give my recruits Escalades and what not....:lol

Striker

So far, I have a 3-star OLB Brock Washington, 3-star Center Quinton Brothers, and also added a 4-star WR, who's first name escapes me but last name is Thompson.

Florida/Ando got my 5-star RB who appeared close to wanting to join my team. :(

GCQuinton

Latest from the bowl games:

Rugters beat Miami 13-9 in the FedEx Orange Bowl.
Kansas beat Penn State 24-21 in the Insight Bowl.

cubanb

Banned
Thecrow/PIP.

I have a fantasy football draft tomorrow from 10:30 12:00 ish PST, then a BBQ at 4pm. So if you want to play between that time , thats good. I will be gone sunday afternoon from 12-4ish pst. I am not sure on Monday yet.

When can you play?

TheCrow

I can play now. But my connection is all weird, it keeps logging me out. I think it will be fine once we get into the game.

cubanb

Banned
Holy Cow, what a game!!!!

Cal Bears come out on top 56-52 to win the Rose Bowl!!!!

It was back and forth the whole game. I had a 10 point lead at the half and threw an int early in the 3rd to bring the game with 1 possession. It was going to come down to who had it last. We really could not stop each other besides a few picks and 1 punt. I had the lead, but it looked like Illinois would be able to hold on and have the last possession. They got the ball back with 4:00 to go in the 4th down 56-52. The got first down after first down , making sure to run the clock. With a little over 1:20 left around the 30, Illinois fumbled a reception, Cal Recovered and ran out the clock.

I have a few highlights saved if I can figure out how to upload them.

TheCrow

Yeah it was a crazy game. My corner backs dropped easy ints and then my most reliable receiver fumbles. On defense I couldn't stop his RB. Cuban founds ways to get him the ball. I so fucking hate screen plays I only was able to stop one. meh at least it was close at the end.

cubanb

Banned
TheCrow said:
Yeah it was a crazy game. My corner backs dropped easy ints and then my most reliable receiver fumbles. On defense I couldn't stop his RB. Cuban founds ways to get him the ball. I so fucking hate screen plays I only was able to stop one. meh at least it was close at the end.
Well, because you were running 4-4 most of the game, I could not run against you and passes to the flats were easily picked up by your outside linebackers. I had to find a way to get him the ball. The bubble screen with him at wideout was logical because your linebackers would get blocked and your cb. With 1 safety, I had a good shot. That is also why the deep pass worked well, with 4-4, there was 1 safety and I played 3 wideouts against it sometimes to find the uncovered one.

Good game, Got my adrenaline pumping.

TheCrow

cubanb said:
Well, because you were running 4-4 most of the game, I could not run against you and passes to the flats were easily picked up by your outside linebackers. I had to find a way to get him the ball. The bubble screen with him at wideout was logical because your linebackers would get blocked and your cb. With 1 safety, I had a good shot. That is also why the deep pass worked well, with 4-4, there was 1 safety and I played 3 wideouts against it sometimes to find the uncovered one.

Good game, Got my heart racing.

It's really a 3-3-5, but I run it in multiple formations and on running plays I do put it in modified 4-4 but with only 3 linemen and 1 linebacker on the line the rest just play man to man.

I am not that mad. Just frustrated after a big loss. T_T

cubanb

Banned
TheCrow said:
It's really a 3-3-5, but I run it in multiple formations and on running plays I do put it in modified 4-4 but with only 3 linemen and 1 linebacker on the line the rest just play man to man.

I am not that mad. Just frustrated after a big loss. T_T
Yea, I understand, good game. I felt the same way after our last game and that was a blowout loss for me

TheCrow

cubanb said:
Yea, I understand, good game. I felt the same way after our last game and that was a blowout loss for me

Yeah, but I can get over blowout losses easy. The close ones kill me because I had a chance to win at the end but I blew it.

cubanb

Banned
TheCrow said:

Ah, OK. I thought it was a 4-4 most the time. Either way, it took out my interior game. 90% of the plays that I had that were successful came on outside plays. I believe two of my ints came on quick passes over the middle.

BTW, yea it really does suck that your guy fumbled. You had a very good chance of scoring on me. At that point, if I couldn't get a TO, all I could hope for was a bad pass or you running out of time. It became painfully obvious if you did score I would have maybe 45 seconds left, if I were lucky.

Also, I am sure there is a good chance we might see each other again next year

TheCrow

Your qb was able to scramble to the outside at will and then your WR just outran the coverage. Damn my slow DEs =). Anyway I might have a chance to avenge my loss next season. Now I just need to lock up some of my recruits.

GCQuinton

Week's advanced.

Auburn beat Michigan 38-14 in the Capital One Bowl (simmed game)

Once Ando plays the National Championship game against Utah, we're officially done with season one.

GCQuinton

And Florida crushes Utah 73-6 to win the BCS National Championship.

I've already advanced, so we're all now in the first week of the off-season which is designated for seeing which players are leaving. This is also where you'll convince underclassmen who wanna go pro to stay, as well as see if any your players are transferring.

If you're playing Madden, you can also export the draft classes here for Franchise mode.

This shouldn't take long, so let's get to it so everyone can finish recruiting!

GCQuinton

Just read Ando's message on the Dynasty HQ screen...

Looks like Tim Tebow and Percy Harvin have decided it's time to move on to the pros.

Lonestar

fuck, I hope that news doesn't spread over to the PS3 league. I need ASmith to stick around. McCoy too.

I typed a PM to you GCQ, but I'm not sure it went through. I basically asked which of these teams had a better record and recruiting class so far: Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma, or USC

TheCrow

GCQ, can you see if I kept my players. I remember convincing 2 of them to stay yesterday but today when I checked I had to do it all over again. I can't lose my number 1 cb/wr.

GCQuinton

TheCrow said:
GCQ, can you see if I kept my players. I remember convincing 2 of them to stay yesterday but today when checked I had to do it all over. I can't lose my number 1 cb/wr.

Last I checked, it said you had done it and you were ready to advance. I won't be able to see who you were able to keep since that's your info.

Lonestar, I'll tell you the same thing I PM'ed to you: I'm not looking into any of that. Pick a team and roll with it. Adding you before off-season recruiting has even started is a head start in itself.

daw840

So I lost my C, RE, and RG to graduation. :(

They were all rated 86 or 85....GOD DAMNIT!

I also lost my team captain LOLB that was rated an 86 as well. Fucking chit man!

GCQuinton

storybook77 and Lonestar have been added as Alabama and Georgia, respectively, so we're full again. Right now, the SEC's our deepest conference with four human controlled teams.

Also, some rules have been updated in the OP, so be sure to check them out (especially regarding CPU games). Some other folks wanted to know what was being planned to get around coaching changes, and I'll have that up in the next day or two.

Lonestar

Not that I can do much, I have 2 transfers, and it says I can't do anything to persuade them to stay. But I'm fortunate, Moreno is staying. WOW at Florida and 7 or 8 pro drafters.

GCQuinton

Off-season's advanced. If you have any incoming transfers, take care of 'em. If not, just set the Ready to Advance notice.

GCQuinton

After hearing from two owners that have said they haven't been able to keep players, I wound up looking around to see if it's a bigger issue. Turns out it is, since users on other boards are having the same problem and it's a online dynasty bug. For some reason, in that stage of the off-season only the commish's player info uploads since it's the native file and everyone's else's is ignored. EA's official response to this?

EA said:
6. Players are leaving in the offseason after I convinced them to stay!
..a. I am either the commissioner or a member of a Dynasty.
..b. Some of my players were going to leave for the pro draft. I was able to convince them to stay, but when I advance to the off-season, the players are no longer on the team.

Current UPDATE - 07/30 We are not currently looking into this issue, since it does not affect your ability to participate in a Dynasty.

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=399772&tstart=0

I've always been the type to let them go anyway but not having the option sucks, especially for the lowered tiered teams that can't exactly replace a 90+ player with another 90+ player right away. So, until this gets fixed (which from the above looks highly unlikely), the only rule I can make is that no one is allowed to to convince their players to stay so they don't waste their first week of off-season recruiting time.

GCQuinton said:
After hearing from two owners that have said they haven't been able to keep players, I wound up looking around to see if it's a bigger issue. Turns out it is, since users on other boards are having the same problem and it's a online dynasty bug. For some reason, in that stage of the off-season only the commish's player info uploads since it's the native file and everyone's else's is ignored. EA's official response to this?

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=399772&tstart=0

I've always been the type to let them go anyway but not having the option sucks, especially for the lowered tiered teams that can't exactly replace a 90+ player with another 90+ player right away. So, until this gets fixed (which from the above looks highly unlikely), the only rule I can make is that no one is allowed to to convince their players to stay so they don't waste their first week of off-season recruiting time.

I'm really glad Eugene Jarvis didn't even attempt to leave

GCQuinton

We've advanced.

Aaaannndd we're officially in the first of five weeks of off-season recruiting. Deadline for Week 1 is tomorrow night at midnight so try and take care of it as soon as you can.

GCQuinton said:
We've advanced.

Aaaannndd we're officially in the first of five weeks of off-season recruiting. Deadline for Week 1 is tomorrow night at midnight so try and take care of it as soon as you can.

I will do it soon. I can't let all of those bastards at UGA, Auburn, and Florida take all of the good players. :D

Striker

Been to Columbus past two days. I missed the first two sessions of Transfers and Players Leaving. Kenny Britt am gone. :(

I have one legit WR. FUCK!

... and I did my minutes for Week 1 visits... >:|

Striker said:
Been to Columbus past two days. I missed the first two sessions of Transfers and Players Leaving. Kenny Britt am gone. :(

I have one legit WR. FUCK!

... and I did my minutes for Week 1 visits... >:|

Back off my 2 star corner striker or i'm going to have to offer him a car or something to steal him from you.

GCQuinton

Recruiting week has been advanced.

And Duke coach GCQuinton celebrates a small victory in itself with the commitment of our first (and probably only for this year) 4-star recruit, CB Luke Lamb out of Spindale, NC. We also had five other commits, four from 3-star recruits, as well as one 2-star recruit.

cubanb

Banned
GCQuinton said:
Recruiting week has been advanced.

And Duke coach GCQuinton celebrates a small victory in itself with the commitment of our first (and probably only for this year) 4-star recruit, CB Luke Lamb out of Spindale, NC. We also had five other commits, four from 3-star recruits, as well as one 2-star recruit.
Ready to advance! Hopefully I can get another week in before I leave tomorrow morning.

Striker

bobbydigital said:
Back off my 2 star corner striker or i'm going to have to offer him a car or something to steal him from you.
Did you give him a Promise or something? :lol

I tried getting him, but didn't enter many minutes or make any commitments.

Effin Georgia took my WR, Dahl! :|

Striker said:
Did you give him a Promise or something? :lol

I tried getting him, but didn't enter many minutes or make any commitments.

Effin Georgia took my WR, Dahl! :|

i have to make a lot of promises striker

Top Bottom