• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA Football 09 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton

bobbydigital said:
10 2 star players is worth like four 5 star players right?........

Not really :lol . That said, I'm making a last ditch effort to go after one of your guys. Watch out!

I guess now's the time I should be getting our schedule planning into motion. What I need you guys to do is the following: EVERYONE send me a list of the teams you'd like to play in order of preference from 1-11.

And to clarify, not a "I don't care who I play" or "all I want is blah blah" list, a numbered list. If I don't get a list from you before we head into preseason, you get who you get. Since we've got a year under our belt, teams with the worst record (i.e. me) will get first choice of opponents
Duke-Florida???? Am I crazy???
and it'll go from there. The SEC has four teams (two human controlled teams in each division) already so it shouldn't be as much work there.

TheCrow

I was worried that I wouldn't get any cbs. Storybook made a serous run at a cb that I had been working on for 8 weeks. Now if only I can get them to commit.

daw840

Wow, I am doing terrible in this recruiting thing. However, I think I have figured it out, so maybe next season I will do better, and know how to go after people better. I hope so at least:lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It's going to be a serious recruiting war come this year. Count on it. I'm looking to take the #1 class next year Ando...

Oh wait, youse banned!:lol

Lonestar said:
It's going to be a serious recruiting war come this year. Count on it. I'm looking to take the #1 class next year Ando...

Oh wait, youse banned!:lol

It sucked for me because all of the really good guys were gone and my team only went 8-5 last year so here's hoping I can have a good season and do a much better job than the cpu did with the in-season recruiting.

Lonestar

Tell me about it. Doing as best as I could, but I still forsee a top 5 class ;P But I'm out of luck on MLB's. I think I lost every one! I'm going to have to move over my best OLB to MLB, just to have "average" at that position! :/

GCQuinton

And off-season recruiting is completed, at least until the preseason when the cycle starts all over again. In what should shock no one, Florida finished #1 with 25 signees. Among those, seven were five-star recruits, 14 were four-star recruits, and four were three-star recruits.

Locally, the Duke Blue Devils finished with a respectable #51. We landed one four-star recruit, six three-star recruits, 11 two-star recruits, and a one-star recruit.

Up next are position changes, and it's basically self-explanatory: if you wanna change a player's position here's the place to do it. More importantly, if you recruited multiposition athletes (ATH), here's the place to decide where they'll play at. This step should be fairly quick, so let's get to it!

Striker

I had one ATH, moved him to my thin position of Free Safety (Courtney Greene went pro, yo).

I'm so thin at LB, though. OL isn't much better. I have to make 7 cuts to make it to the 70 roster limit. Trim these mediocre WR's -_-

GCQuinton

I had two ATHs, and one of them is most likely going to be one of my starting linebackers this coming season. The other one will be playing CB and is going to get redshirted to "learn" the spot some more. Duke had quite a few seniors to begin with, so alot of these guys will be getting playing time.

GCQuinton

We've advanced, so we're at the last step of the off-season. Cut players if you want/have to, and set the notice so I know you did.

Striker

Wow, one of my guys went up nearly 9 points in the training. Maybe it was 7-8 (can't remember his 2008 rating), but he is now a 79. Starting QB!

GCQuinton

This is gonna be an interesting season for me, that's for sure. Not even counting my kicker, it's looking like I'm gonna be starting 8 freshmen.

And for all you guys that have sent your lists in, I can't play everybody :lol

Lonestar

Well, playing 3 of the 4 players in the SEC, I don't want to take on 4 or 5 outside the conference human players either :p

GCQuinton

Lonestar said:
Well, playing 3 of the 4 players in the SEC, I don't want to take on 4 or 5 outside the conference human players either :p

I'll see how it shakes out when it comes to the schedules, but PM me a list anyway.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
You guys will have to talk to ando and bird on xbl. I just got word that they got perma banned because they think Ando was using Birds account to talk to everyone.

Regardless, bah!

GCQuinton

vumpler said:
You guys will have to talk to ando and bird on xbl. I just got word that they got perma banned because they think Ando was using Birds account to talk to everyone.

Regardless, bah!

BirdBomb wasn't in the dynasty anyway and we've all been through the last season dealing with Ando (and a few others that don't post here regularly) on XBL anyway. We're good.

I just looked at my roster again, and oddly enough, one of my two star recruits at WR is rated like a three-star one (and higher than my three-star WR recruit at that). I may have gotten a sleeper here.

GCQuinton said:
BirdBomb wasn't in the dynasty anyway and we've all been through the last season dealing with Ando (and a few others that don't post here regularly) on XBL anyway. We're good.

I just looked at my roster again, and oddly enough, one of my two star recruits at WR is rated like a three-star one (and higher than my three-star WR recruit at that). I may have gotten a sleeper here.

i dont have a freshman rated above 60 im screwed

Striker

I have one three-star CB who's rated 70, and a two-star CB who's rated 69. What goes there? I also noticed some lower ranked players at certain positions may be rated higher in attributes/overall.

Perhaps I'm just a newb at this stuff for now.

Hunter D

Striker said:
I have one three-star CB who's rated 70, and a two-star CB who's rated 69. What goes there? I also noticed some lower ranked players at certain positions may be rated higher in attributes/overall.

Perhaps I'm just a newb at this stuff for now.
A player being a star higher does not mean he will have a better rating than the lower star player. I think the higher the star is the higher the player's ceiling his.

GCQuinton

Year 2 is officially here! The deadline to take care of your preseason stuff is Thursday, so get to it! Once I get the human games scheduled out, I'll post them here like I did last season.

With the new season coming, be sure to check the OP over the next few days for updates to the rules. And since a few have already asked me about it, I'll have an answer regarding the rules for coaching changes in the next few days, too. Long story short, it'll be handled via a point system that a few other places have adopted. I'll get into the details in the coming days.

Striker

Hunter D said:
A player being a star higher does not mean he will have a better rating than the lower star player. I think the higher the star is the higher the player's ceiling his.
Would make sense. Thanks.

GCQuinton

THE COMMISH ANNOUNCES HUMAN-PLAYED GAMES FOR SEASON TWO

"Without further ado, here are all of the human played games for Season Two. Aside from a few conflicts (mainly a result of schedule placements), the majority of the members of the dynasty are playing someone new this season in non-conference play. Also, some people still have some non-conference game slots open that couldn't be filled with another human player, so anyone who has another CPU team they want to play should let me know."

Human-Played Game Matchups For Season Two:

Auburn Tigers:

California
Florida
Georgia
Alabama

California Golden Bears:

Kent State
Auburn
Michigan

Colorado Buffaloes:

Kent State
Michigan
Rutgers
Kansas
Florida

Duke Blue Devils:

Kansas
Illinois
Rutgers
Alabama

Florida Gators:

Michigan
Georgia
Auburn
Colorado

Georgia Bulldogs:

Alabama
Florida
Rutgers
Auburn

Illinois Fighting Illini:

Rutgers
Duke
Kent State
Michigan

Kansas Jayhawks:

Duke
Rutgers
Michigan
Colorado

Kent State Golden Flashes:

Colorado
California
Alabama
Ilinois

Michigan Wolverines:

Florida
Colorado
Kansas
California
Illinois

Rutgers Scarlet Knights:

Illinois
Kansas
Duke
Colorado
Georgia

Alabama Crimson Tide:

Kent State
Duke
Georgia
Auburn

GCQuinton

bobbydigital said:
I'm a little worried about this season, my team is garbage.

You're lucky Jarvis came back. It'd be next season I'd be worried about if I were you. After the season he had last year, do any other skill positions wanna go there?

GCQuinton said:
You're lucky Jarvis came back. It'd be next season I'd be worried about if I were you. After the season he had last year, do any other skill positions wanna go there?

Actually I have a couple of 3-4 star wide receivers on my radar that im in the top 10. And my best wide receiver is a senior this year (Mcbryde) Only a few of you guys got a glimpse of him last year because he was my 3rd WR, I think i caught someone sleeping on the slot option with him. And i also have a 3 star QB looking my direction, so i hope if i win the mac again this year(which i should) I will have a few more recruiting options. But count on seeing another heavy dose of Jarvis because literally he is all i have. Its so bad when i sub in my second team i have WR's and TE playing on the o line.

Lonestar

I'm trying to figure out how he had such a good season, when he had mid range to good ratings. Do you run wishbone or option?

Lonestar said:
I'm trying to figure out how he had such a good season, when he had mid range to good ratings. Do you run wishbone or option?

Because im good duh

Edit:

I play a mediocre schedule in the MAC and I ran a lot of option

He was an 87 overall with 91 speed and 90+ agility and Break tackle that is above mid-good in my opinion for a Junior RB. The only reason he is lower is because of his size which in turn when they set stats lowered his strength and power moves, and since he plays for a mid major im sure they docked him points on his awareness too.

GCQuinton

THE COMMISH ANNOUNCES NEW RULES FOR COACHING CHANGES

"From here on out, we will be using a point system for current users (and former users who may want to come back) for changing jobs since Online Dynasty doesn't offer the ability to. This is being used well by a number of other dynasties in other communities, and is a fair way to give both small and big-time schools a chance for advancement if they earn it. For now, this will only be limited to people who want to change schools. If you guys wanna add an expanded version of this where you can get fired too, just let me know"

Regular Season Points:

(Wins x 2) - (Losses x 2) Eg. a record of (10-3) = 14 points
5 points for winning your conference
5 points for coach of the year award
5 points for going to a BCS bowl game
3 points for winning a bowl game (BCS or not)
1 point for beating a top 25 team
2 points for beating a user
-2 points for losing to a user

Here are the "prices" of moving to a new school. You "spend" the points you have accumulated and keep what is leftover.

Based on star caliber, losses, and ranking.

2 ** = 20 pts
3 *** = 30 points
4 **** = 50 points
5 ***** = 80 points
6 ****** = 120 points

Penalties for moving to schools with good records:

Loss > 3 = No penalty
Loss = 3 = 10 points
Loss = 2 = 20 points
Loss = 1 = 40 points
Loss = 0 = 80 points
Nat'l Champs = 120 Points

Penalty for going to a school in the Top 25

Top 10 school = 15 points
Top 11-25 School = 5 points

Rules in the OP have been updated as well, so go check it out.

That is an awesome formula and a great idea because if my recruiting doesnt get better soon im going to ohio state when i get the points

Striker

Maybe its me, but the online dynasty could get pretty quickly if many of the users are flying by with top flight schools, which basically destroys any serious competition (unless you are in the same conferences) and recruiting.

GCQuinton

Striker said:
Maybe its me, but the online dynasty could get pretty quickly if many of the users are flying by with top flight schools, which basically destroys any serious competition (unless you are in the same conferences) and recruiting.

It's not just you, I agree with you. I think the reason it's like that with this dynasty and probably a few others online is because:

a. People are playing this game seriously for the first and approach it like they do Madden online leagues (pick the best team, win now). They look at the actual dynasty stuff (recruiting, etc.) like it's a chore so they pick someone from the start they can win with.

b. People playing with their favorite teams who also happen to be powerhouses.

I can't tell people what teams not to play, so the only thing I can really do on my end is just make sure the schedule's competitive enough so we don't have a hundred undefeated teams and that they can't jump ship to another team because they sucked at recruiting. I think the new rules will help out alot there.

GCQuinton said:
It's not just you, I agree with you. I think the reason it's like that with this dynasty and probably a few others online is because:

a. People are playing this game seriously for the first and approach it like they do Madden online leagues (pick the best team, win now). They look at the actual dynasty stuff (recruiting, etc.) like it's a chore so they pick someone from the start they can win with.

I can't tell people what teams not to play, so the only thing I can really do on my end is just make sure the schedule's competitive enough so we don't have a hundred undefeated teams and that they can't jump ship to another team because they sucked at recruiting. I think the new rules will help out alot there.

I agree with all your points but I believe the option needs to be there to switch teams. I doubt this would happen here but almost always in my offline dynasty when i build a team up to the top I like to leave and go to another small school and do it all over again. I don't know but it is just fun for me. It gives you an all new area to try to recruit from and its a challenge. But I would love for everyone to come join the MAC with me :D Come on don't be scared.

GCQuinton

bobbydigital said:
I agree with all your points but I believe the option needs to be there to switch teams. I doubt this would happen here but almost always in my offline dynasty when i build a team up to the top I like to leave and go to another small school and do it all over again. I don't know but it is just fun for me. It gives you an all new area to try to recruit from and its a challenge. But I would love for everyone to come join the MAC with me :D Come on don't be scared.

Which is exactly why the points system is in place now, which gives you the option if you earn it. It's balanced so that if people with lower-prestiged teams do well enough with their current team they'll get the chance to move up the ladder if they choose to. It also works in the situation you just mentioned since you won't need many points at all to move down to another school once you've built one up. And it also makes sure that people with higher-prestiged teams can't just move from one to the other. And I'm just fine playing my two star team in the ACC :D

I did play with Akron for my dynasty in NCAA '04, though. Built them up, won three national titles with them, and had so many top linebackers come through we were the new Linebacker U :lol .

cubanb

Banned
GCQuinton said:
I am a Cal fan and I don't really think they are a powerhouse.... yet :). In my other dynasty, there are lots of the top powerhouses taken, and I am not even sure most of them are fans of the team.

When does the first game start here?

GCQuinton

cubanb said:
I am a Cal fan and I don't really think they are a powerhouse.... yet :). In my other dynasty, there are lots of the top powerhouses taken, and I am not even sure most of them are fans of the team.

When does the first game start here?

We've been waiting on DarkQberto/daw840 for the last day now since he's the last one left to do his stuff. I've been PM'ing and sending messages over XBL but he hasn't responded to any of them. Deadline's tomorrow anyway, so if it isn't done by then all his preseason stuff will be simmed and we'll start.

daw840

GCQuinton said:
We've been waiting on DarkQberto/daw840 for the last day now since he's the last one left to do his stuff. I've been PM'ing and sending messages over XBL but he hasn't responded to any of them. Deadline's tomorrow anyway, so if it isn't done by then all his preseason stuff will be simmed and we'll start.

Sorry about that, I just got home. Work has been crazy. I will get the preseason stuff done now. I have a buddy in town and he has been playing the 360 while I'm at work. Anyway, sorry, I will get it done tonight.

GCQuinton

daw840 said:
Sorry about that, I just got home. Work has been crazy. I will get the preseason stuff done now. I have a buddy in town and he has been playing the 360 while I'm at work. Anyway, sorry, I will get it done tonight.

Okay, thanks. While you're around, we play each other week one. I'm not gonna be able to play it tonight, but what times are good for you tomorrow?

daw840

GCQuinton said:
Okay, thanks. While you're around, we play each other week one. I'm not gonna be able to play it tonight, but what times are good for you tomorrow?

In the evening would be best. I work all day. Sometimes I get off early, but that does not seem to be happening as of recently.

GCQuinton

2ccx8pj.jpg

Striker

Why is Ando leaving Florida? Not that I'm complaining, since he's going to North Texas, but I hadn't heard that. Good news for the league. I know Rutgers aren't chopped meat, either, but I can't grab 5-star guys with ease unless I consistently put them at #1 and put hours of time into them.

Kamikaze,

I'm working tonight until 10, and the next three days until 10 PM at night. I start at 2 PM. So write up whenever you are free.

Top Bottom