• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA Football 09 Online Dynasty Thread

Striker

GCQuinton said:
He's out for a few weeks taking care of some stuff. I set Michigan to Autopilot when I advanced to Week 3 earlier today so you shouldn't have any problem getting it played.
Kay thanks!

TheCrow

We've played like 5 times already. :lol

I don't want to play now, I'm kinda depressed. I just saw De La Hoya get dominated. It's hard to see a great fighter go out like that. I'll be able to play tomorrow, let me know what times work for you.

cubanb

Banned
TheCrow said:
We've played like 5 times already. :lol

I don't want to play now, I'm kinda depressed. I just saw De La Hoya get dominated. It's hard to see a great fighter go out like that. I'll be able to play tomorrow, let me know what times work for you.
Just got back for the night. ill PM tomorrow re: my avaliability

TheCrow

I won't be able to play for a while. My xbox won't read any discs, it just says open tray even with a game inside it. I am going to send it off to Microsoft and hopefully they don't take too long. :(

cubanb

Banned
TheCrow said:
I won't be able to play for a while. My xbox won't read any discs, it just says open tray even with a game inside it. I am going to send it off to Microsoft and hopefully they don't take too long. :(
Shit that sucks dude!

GC, what should we do?

Well that was nice. We have a deadline for midnight tonight and it's already advanced. Thankfully I won. I get on xbox live and have two messages...one asking if I'm going to play my game because the deadline is midnight and another around 11 saying we've advanced. What's the point of the deadline if I'm not going to be given until then to actually play my game?

GCQuinton

storybook77 said:
Well that was nice. We have a deadline for midnight tonight and it's already advanced. Thankfully I won. I get on xbox live and have two messages...one asking if I'm going to play my game because the deadline is midnight and another around 11 saying we've advanced. What's the point of the deadline if I'm not going to be given until then to actually play my game?

The first message was sent around 8 when you were online and I didn't hear anything back from you in the three hours in between. Since I didn't a response and you weren't online when I checked again at 11, I advanced early. For future reference, let me know something if you'll be playing the game late or I'll assume you didn't have time to get to it and sim it.

GCQuinton said:
The first message was sent around 8 when you were online and I didn't hear anything back from you in the three hours in between. Since I didn't a response and you weren't online when I checked again at 11, I advanced early.

I wasn't even on my 360 at 8. I shut it off around 7:30 because I was playing some quick rockband before my wife got home from work and I didn't have time to fit in a game of NCAA at that time because as soon as she gets home we eat dinner.

Edit: Just saw your edit....not to be an ass but maybe you should assume that I couldn't get to a game AFTER the so called deadline.

GCQuinton

storybook77 said:
I wasn't even on my 360 at 8. I shut it off around 7:30 because I was playing some quick rockband before my wife got home from work and I didn't have time to fit in a game of NCAA at that time because as soon as she gets home we eat dinner.

Edit: Just saw your edit....not to be an ass but maybe you should assume that I couldn't get to a game AFTER the so called deadline.

And I'm not trying to be an ass, but it would have taken you two seconds to send me a message when you got back on, which apparently was right before I advanced. In my five months hosting this dynasty, 99% of the games that haven't been played by 11 usually aren't played at all.

And if it hasn't or is currently being played, I've always let the person play it if it's in that last hour they let me know something. If not, then yeah, based of the history of the games played in this league I make an assumption that you're not getting to it. After checking to see if you're on and you're not, I sim it and the rest of us move on.

storybook77 said:

get your games played, end of story.

GCQuinton said:
And I'm not trying to be an ass, but it would have taken you two seconds to send me a message when you got back on, which apparently was right before I advanced. In my five months hosting this dynasty, 99% of the games that haven't been played by 11 usually aren't played at all.

And if it hasn't or is currently being played, I've always let the person play it if it's in that last hour they let me know something. If not, then yeah, based of the history of the games played in this league I make an assumption that you're not getting to it. After checking to see if you're on and you're not, I sim it and the rest of us move on.

The league was already advanced when I got back on. You know what, just take me out, I'm not dealing with this bullshit. You don't give a deadline and this just arbitrarily ignore it. I wasn't on either time you messaged me, I got BOTH messages the next time I logged so how in the hell am I suppose to send you a message?

GCQuinton

storybook77 said:
The league was already advanced when I got back on. You know what, just take me out, I'm not dealing with this bullshit. You don't give a deadline and this just arbitrarily ignore it. I wasn't on either time you messaged me, I got BOTH messages the next time I logged so how in the hell am I suppose to send you a message?

I was on for about three hours when I advanced around 11 and if I saw you on, I'd have let you play it when I saw you sign on. I've done this a number of times for other members when they've ran into that situation, and if you sent me some kind of communication (PM, XBL message, whatever), I'd have let you play.

That said, we had a four day period (including the weekend) to get your game in, and I held off on advancing everything on Tuesday night since you were the only one who still had to play your game. As far as the deadlines go, they aren't gospel and have always been arbitrary based on a.) when the majority of people get their games played and b.) a certain amount of time goes by (deadline or not) that the last person/people haven't without telling me anything. I think everyone has been fine with that since it keeps us moving at a good pace.

In this case, you were the last person left for a day and a half, and are getting mad because you tried to get it played at the last minute without giving me any kind of warning. So yeah, I advanced early. If you wanna drop because of it, that's on you and I'll do after I get off of work tonight.

GCQuinton said:
I was on for about three hours when I advanced around 11 and if I saw you on, I'd have let you play it when I saw you sign on. I've done this a number of times for other members when they've ran into that situation, and if you sent me some kind of communication (PM, XBL message, whatever), I'd have let you play.

That said, we had a four day period (including the weekend) to get your game in, and I held off on advancing everything on Tuesday night since you were the only one who still had to play your game. As far as the deadlines go, they aren't gospel and have always been arbitrary based on a.) when the majority of people get their games played and b.) a certain amount of time goes by (deadline or not) that the last person/people haven't without telling me anything. I think everyone has been fine with that since it keeps us moving at a good pace.

In this case, you were the last person left for a day and a half, and are getting mad because you tried to get it played at the last minute without giving me any kind of warning. So yeah, I advanced early. If you wanna drop because of it, that's on you and I'll do after I get off of work tonight.

Again, you sent me a message over XBL when I wasn't even on it. I didn't get a PM or even a post on here asking if I was going to get it in. It's not like that I have had trouble getting my games in, in the past, so I really gave you no reason to think that I wouldn't get it in. I really don't have any problems with you except this kinda irritated me because like I said, I haven't given you any reason to think that I wouldn't get it in. If you had asked in here whether through a post or a PM, I would have told you when I had planned on playing it but I had no idea that you were going to advance it one hour early.

GCQuinton

storybook77 said:
Again, you sent me a message over XBL when I wasn't even on it. I didn't get a PM or even a post on here asking if I was going to get it in. It's not like that I have had trouble getting my games in, in the past, so I really gave you no reason to think that I wouldn't get it in. I really don't have any problems with you except this kinda irritated me because like I said, I haven't given you any reason to think that I wouldn't get it in. If you had asked in here whether through a post or a PM, I would have told you when I had planned on playing it but I had no idea that you were going to advance it one hour early.

In the future, I'll send off a PM (or IM if you have it) to you if it happens again. As you said, you've been reliable since you joined up but we all have things that come up from time to time (I've simmed a game myself for missing a deadline, and playing Duke that's big), so all I ask for is a heads up.

Hug it out?

GCQuinton said:
In the future, I'll send off a PM (or IM if you have it) to you if it happens again. As you said, you've been reliable since you joined up but we all have things that come up from time to time (I've simmed a game myself for missing a deadline, and playing Duke that's big), so all I ask for is a heads up.

Hug it out?

I'm fine. I was just geared up to play and then I was like WTF! :lol

Next time I'll give you a heads up if I know it's going to be last minute. I'm just glad I won, or I'd probably been a lot more upset than I was.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
He's banned, but I'm pretty sure I made him aware of his next game. It was w/ You, right? I'll PM his gmail to you.

GCQuinton

Striker said:
Is DM inactive again? 3 days away from XBL. :(

Yeah, he's out of town for work on Mon-Wed (and banned), so today through Sunday you should be able to get him with no problems. Send him a message over XBL or email if Lone sent it to you.

cubanb

Banned
bluemax said:
I'm guessing it is too late to hop in on this?
It looks like we play this week. I can play tomorrow from 4:30 PST to 7:00 PST. I will around most of Saturday.

When can you play?

Striker

GCQuinton said:
Yeah, he's out of town for work on Mon-Wed (and banned), so today through Sunday you should be able to get him with no problems. Send him a message over XBL or email if Lone sent it to you.
Lonestar PM'ed me his email address (thanks again), so I sent him something over that plus I sent him a message on Live earlier last night.

bluemax

Banned
cubanb said:
It looks like we play this week. I can play tomorrow from 4:30 PST to 7:00 PST. I will around most of Saturday.

When can you play?

Looks like Saturday is our best bet if that is your availability. I work 11am-7pm PST.

Striker

Lovely EA.

Dwindling down the 1st half, I got a decent gain and want to kick a FG before half. I have one TO left and try using it with :02 left. What's that? Back button doesn't work!
?!?!
I press Pause and the shit is panning the stadium. Thanks EA.

GCQuinton

Striker said:
Lovely EA.

Dwindling down the 1st half, I got a decent gain and want to kick a FG before half. I have one TO left and try using it with :02 left. What's that? Back button doesn't work!
?!?!
I press Pause and the shit is panning the stadium. Thanks EA.

I had that happen a few times in NCAA 08 myself. Sucks that it's still there.

Deadline reminder, folks! I see some of you have them planned, but regardless get your games played!

GCQuinton said:
I had that happen a few times in NCAA 08 myself. Sucks that it's still there.

Deadline reminder, folks! I see some of you have them planned, but regardless get your games played!

Just noticed that Michigan is on autopilot so I will try to get mine done before I go to bed tonight since I'll be in Atlanta most of tomorrow.

cubanb

Banned
Hey dude, I didn't hear from you today. :/

I am heading to my parent's house tomorrow, but I will be back around 5pm PST if we can get a game in sometime after that. GC, if we can't get the game in, can we do an extension?

I get off around 4pm pst on Monday. Let me know bluemax!

GCQuinton

cubanb said:
Hey dude, I didn't hear from you today. :/

I am heading to my parent's house tomorrow, but I will be back around 5pm PST if we can get a game in sometime after that. GC, if we can't get the game in, can we do an extension?

I get off around 4pm pst on Monday. Let me know bluemax!

Won't be able to do an extension this time due to other members' playing schedules. It's gotta get simmed.

GCQuinton

cubanb said:
I thought tonight was the deadline?

The league advanced this morning?!?

The deadline was Saturday, which was last night (and, as always, was posted as my message in the Dynasty HQ section..or you could just look a few posts up...or my XBL message I send to EVERYONE when I advance). I advanced this morning.

cubanb

Banned
GCQuinton said:
The deadline was Saturday, which was last night (and, as always, was posted as my message in the Dynasty HQ section..or you could just look a few posts up...or my XBL message I send to EVERYONE when I advance). I advanced this morning.
The xbl message you sent out said sunday. I assumed that meant Sunday night. Thats what had me confused.

GCQuinton

cubanb said:
The xbl message you sent out said sunday. I assumed that meant Sunday night. Thats what had me confused.

If that was the case, then it was a typo on my end but I don't think I did since I always send the message to you guys after I update the Dynasty HQ message (which always said Saturday).

It's set like that since some members can't get to their games early in the week, and if I waited to advance, it would literally take a week to advance which would slow us to a crawl. Either way, both the Dynasty HQ and the response to your post yesterday specifically said Saturday was the deadline, which was the actual deadline.

Striker

Defeated Pittsburgh. I was up 28-7 heading into the 4th, and they got two late TD's to cut it to a single TD. I was able to finish them off in the end. I still need some speed in the secondary. -_-

bluemax

Banned
Mustain's Heisman hopes took a serious blow. Arizona's secondary is just too damn good.

Also how the fuck did McKnight end up a Wildcat?

GCQuinton

bluemax said:
Mustain's Heisman hopes took a serious blow. Arizona's secondary is just too damn good.

Also how the fuck did McKnight end up a Wildcat?

Probably didn't get any playing time and transferred after the first season.

Lonestar said:
Storybook and McClain killed my QB :p Who is also my #1 rusher. Dooooooomed

It's a shame it couldn't have been earlier in the game.... :lol

I really hope they fix the deep passing game for NCAA '10 because the QBs not leading the receivers enough combined with the sixth sensed DBs ruins it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I wasn't sure what to do scoring wise. I was seriously thinking of going deep after you knocked out my QB for the season....but, calmer heads prevailed. Looks like it'll be total passing now, Gray has a better arm, but is a regular QB speed...

Uploading that 42 yard QB scramble for a TD :p

Here is is

Dammitttmatt get's lucky this year!

Top Bottom