• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA Football 09 Online Dynasty Thread

TheCrow

It seems that I will be getting my 360 back soon. They just finished "repairing" it. So, how is my team doing and how many games have I missed?

GCQuinton

28suey1.jpg

bluemax

Banned
I haven't missed any recruiting or anything yet have I? I'm trying to steal a few recruits and would hate to miss out on a week of phone calls.

daw840

Alright guys. I hate to do this, but my league availability does not look to be shaping up anytime soon. I am currently in 3 leagues (NBA, Madden, and NCAA) and I need to drop out of two of them. I, regrettably, am going to bow out of the 2 football leagues as I am in the playoff hunt in the NBA league. Sorry guys, if my situation works out better in the next month or two, and this league is still going, I will see if there is a possibility of my rejoining.

Striker

So I'm about to close my game out vs. Louisville, and they get a TD with their usual dink/dunk scheme, but in the XP sequence, they miss the point after and my DE catches the ball as it bounced off the upright. So ensuing kickoff, it is ME who is kicking off.... so, glitched I guess, and luckily I was up by two scores.

My lines got beat up that game, too, despite everything else.

TheCrow

Striker said:
So I'm about to close my game out vs. Louisville, and they get a TD with their usual dink/dunk scheme, but in the XP sequence, they miss the point after and my DE catches the ball as it bounced off the upright. So ensuing kickoff, it is ME who is kicking off.... so, glitched I guess, and luckily I was up by two scores.

My lines got beat up that game, too, despite everything else.

:lol That exact same glitch happened to me during my last game. Except it was a FG.

Striker

TheCrow said:
:lol That exact same glitch happened to me during my last game. Except it was a FG.
It bounced off the posts and you caught it? Hmm, weird. Never really thought about it since if they missed and I had a player back their to return, he either caught it or let it bounce. Odd glitch, though, :lol .

TheCrow

Yep, it bounced off the post. At first I didn't notice, but later on I was wondering why the cpu had the ball for pretty much the entire quarter. :lol

Striker

bobbydigital said:
You're welcome for that win striker
You had Sage Rosenfels on your team!

Only positive I had was my back seven making plays. Two fumbles lost because you tried lateraling it when your QB was falling down. The INT's seemed forced, but I'm not discrediting your playcalling or anything. Your TE and one other WR seemed to make good plays, but once I noticed you went to them often, I had to adjust.

I'd like to know what the fuck was up with my kick return. See here: http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/3131879

That gave me shit field position. For one, for some reason I couldn't pass efficiently or run at all. It forced a punt, which gave you great field position after. But he made up for it later, on my biggest pass play of the day.

45-yard TD: http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/3132023

No other passes crossed 10-12 yards.

My RT, who is actually rated pretty damn good, couldn't keep your LE Simmons out of the back field. Seems like roids or something.

Striker said:
You had Sage Rosenfels on your team!

Only positive I had was my back seven making plays. Two fumbles lost because you tried lateraling it when your QB was falling down. The INT's seemed forced, but I'm not discrediting your playcalling or anything. Your TE and one other WR seemed to make good plays, but once I noticed you went to them often, I had to adjust.

I'd like to know what the fuck was up with my kick return. See here: http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/3131879

That gave me shit field position. For one, for some reason I couldn't pass efficiently or run at all. It forced a punt, which gave you great field position after. But he made up for it later, on my biggest pass play of the day.

45-yard TD: http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/3132023

No other passes crossed 10-12 yards.

My RT, who is actually rated pretty damn good, couldn't keep your LE Simmons out of the back field. Seems like roids or something.

no roids just 86 speed

cubanb

Banned
bluemax said:
With my remaining schedule, if I win out I damn well better be in the MNC.
It's a shame that someone who has not played a human opponent all year will make the national championship. I hope another player is in it to face you. I wish we could have gotten our game in in time and it didn't get simmed:(. I guess there is always next year.

bluemax

Banned
cubanb said:
It's a shame that someone who has not played a human opponent all year will make the national championship. I hope another player is in it to face you. I wish we could have gotten our game in in time and it didn't get simmed:(. I guess there is always next year.

I wish we could have played, I don't want a tainted championship.

Also I just got a DRE trying to load my game against Oregon... I'm about to try again.

bluemax

Banned
Managed to play but man did that game suck. I forced the ball too much in the first half and my defense had problems getting third downs. The lack of forced turnovers hurt a lot too.

GCQuinton

cubanb said:

If everything shakes out the way it looks right now, he'd be playing Georgia (Lonestar) in the National Championship.

GCQuinton

Lonestar said:
Have you updated when the week(s) advanced in this thread recently?

Not for this week, but everyone should know since I always directly send you guys the advancement notices over XBL.

GCQuinton

If I don't hear back from Righty10/Doubleb22 in the next week or two, we're probably gonna have another open slot for next season (two total). If you guys know anyone who wants in on this, let me know.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Apparently missed a few weeks. Nice.

It's pretty odd you would change how you update without any notice. I've always gone off of the updates in thread. A statement like "I'm only going to update via XBL messages" would have been all you'd have to say.

GCQuinton

Lonestar said:
Apparently missed a few weeks. Nice.

It's pretty odd you would change how you update without any notice. I've always gone off of the updates in thread. A statement like "I'm only going to update via XBL messages" would have been all you'd have to say.

My usual updates haven't changed, I was just too busy this week to make my usual stuff. But you played your last game and I just advanced at midnight on Wednesday so you haven't missed anything. At this point in the OD, you should know I advance every 3-4 days anyway so unless I came here and said something otherwise nothing would have changed.

Lonestar

whew, ok, don't feel as bad then. Was mainly worried I missed the game against DM. He said he didn't think that game has passed by yet.

Lonestar

Ok, me and DM finally got the game in. After a disc unreadable and a disconnect, I win in the 1st contest. Unless Storybook can beat him next week, I'll be seeing Auburn again in Atlanta.

Storybook's CPU game is the only thing left to do, I haven't seen Storybook on any.

Lonestar said:
Ok, me and DM finally got the game in. After a disc unreadable and a disconnect, I win in the 1st contest. Unless Storybook can beat him next week, I'll be seeing Auburn again in Atlanta.

Storybook's CPU game is the only thing left to do, I haven't seen Storybook on any.

I already played my game earlier. I beat LSU.

My 360 just kick the bucket.....again. I may get a new one with the money that I got from selling my old tv but I'll have to talk to the wife and make sure it's ok with her first. I'll let you know if I'm going to be able to play my games or not. This fucking sucks.

Lonestar said:
I could play your game against DM...HE WON'T KNOW, he can't read here :D

LOL....The bad part is that I've been playing really well the past two games ever since I came off autopilot. Oh well, I might go ahead and get an arcade 360 tomorrow, throw my hard drive on it, send off the old one, and give the refurb to my son when it comes.

Lonestar

Well, to lay it out there, beat DM, and then I believe the SEC West will be tied, and I think Alabama will go to the SEC Championship..and well...I have more faith in beating the Alabama team, than the Auburn team again. :D

bluemax

Banned
I think my copy of the game is fucked.

Two weeks ago I had a problem where sometimes it would give me DREs when trying to load up an actual game, now it is back and I haven't been able to get it to stop. Can we hold off on advancing for at least one more day so I can try and get this to work and get this game in? If not then I'll probably just retire and send the disc back to game fly.

Edit: Nevermind disc finally held up and got in game so I could actually play. Holy shit does Jimmy Clausen suck.

Lonestar

BigAT said:
What do you think the chances are of a spot opening up for the next season?

Pretty good. I think Quin's been talking about removing 1 or 2 people, who have been on "autopilot" forever.

GCQuinton

BigAT said:
What do you think the chances are of a spot opening up for the next season?

Yeah, one spot is already open and another one may be soon, too. If Michigan (Righty10) doesn't let me know something before the end of the season, his spot will be free.

Righty10

I should be back for next season. I just recently moved so some things are still in boxes but it looks like by the time you guys are done with the season I'll have things back to normal.

bluemax

Banned
Striker said:
Like real life amirite

At one point during the game it flashed and said he has 57 TD passes, I don't know if that is this season or his career but I couldn't believe it. Every pass he threw was a wounded duck that either got picked or got batted.

Armando Allen and the other RB Gray are AWESOME though. Those guys never went down on the first hit. If ND had run the ball every play they might have stayed in the game. Too bad Charlie Weiss isn't an offensive genius.

Top Bottom