• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA Football 09 Online Dynasty Thread

daw840

GG Story, I thought I was going to get crushed since my first two drives were intercepted on the FIRST play.:lol

I want to apologize about the last TD I scored. I just thought I would throw a quick out to my FB and get the 1st down and then the game would be over. I really didn't mean to take it to the house.

Anyways, good game man.

daw840 said:
GG Story, I thought I was going to get crushed since my first two drives were intercepted on the FIRST play.:lol

I want to apologize about the last TD I scored. I just thought I would throw a quick out to my FB and get the 1st down and then the game would be over. I really didn't mean to take it to the house.

Anyways, good game man.

My two turnoves killed me and turned the game around. No problem on that last td. If my guy actually makes the tackle, he doesn't score. Your TE killed me in the second half.

Good game.

GCQuinton

Just a reminder: we do have open slot for Season 3, so if anyone's interested in it let me know ASAP so you can get an off-season of recruiting in. I may have a friend that's interested, but I'm waiting to hear back on that.

I know this is slightly off topic but. Is anyone picking up Gears 2 today. And if so anyone want to get together and play? I haven't played gears in awhile but it would be fun to get a couple people from the league together and run and gun for a little bit.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
My WR's won't suck. I've almost got as much talent coming in to match Florida in Speed, except at the RB positition.

I'll have the Best OLine in the game, but I think I'm loaded with Seniors....I see a pressing need in recruiting next year.

bobbydigital said:
I know this is slightly off topic but. Is anyone picking up Gears 2 today. And if so anyone want to get together and play? I haven't played gears in awhile but it would be fun to get a couple people from the league together and run and gun for a little bit.

I'll be getting in a little while. I'm not sure how much play time I'll get tonight and tomorrow though.

Hey one of my buddies has fell on some hard times and his subscription to XBL expired, if anyone has any free trials codes that they arent going to use could you PM them to me. He would be very grateful.

Thanks!

Striker

Lonestar said:
My WR's won't suck. I've almost got as much talent coming in to match Florida in Speed, except at the RB positition.

I'll have the Best OLine in the game, but I think I'm loaded with Seniors....I see a pressing need in recruiting next year.
:lol

You should go the Ando-route. Take control of Central Michigan!

GCQuinton

Ando goes out on top as Florida repeats with the National Championship blowout over Oklahoma.

We're officially in the off-season! Since you can't persuade your players to stay anyway, don't bother trying since you'll just lose recruiting hours in the first week. That said, as a courtesy I'll stay in this area for today so you guys can see who is coming and going from your respective programs. I'll advance to the first stage of recruiting tonight at midnight EST.

Also, since this is the first season we have the Coaching Changes system in place (check the OP), you can now "apply" to change jobs. If you wanna do that, PM me and I'll get to work on it.

Finally, we do have one spot open so if you guys have someone in mind to fill it I'm all ears.

Striker

Since you can't persuade your players to stay anyway, don't bother trying since you'll just lose recruiting hours in the first week. That said, as a courtesy I'll stay in this area for today so you guys can see who is coming and going from your respective programs. I'll advance to the first stage of recruiting tonight at midnight EST.
We had no chance to bring back a current player? My top recruit last season, RB Bryson Parker, apparently transferred to Ohio State and is off my Rutgers team. He's the only young bright spot on this team. Holy fuck.

GCQuinton

dammitmattt said:
Can you push it back a night for me?

Depends on how may people are left to do their recruiting. I'll check later tonight when I get home. If it was a game it'd be another thing, but recruiting takes literally five minutes to do.

GCQuinton said:
Depends on how may people are left to do their recruiting. I'll check later tonight when I get home. If it was a game it'd be another thing, but recruiting takes literally five minutes to do.

I'm not home to do it...

When I say I can't play Mon-Wed, it's because I'm a consultant who travels for work and I'm in an entirely different city. Believe me, I'd get it done otherwise. I need the recruits after Lone and Ando stole them all!!!

GCQuinton

Deadline for Week 2 of recruiting is Friday, so get to it!

Also, with dammitmattt bringing up his schedule change, anyone else who will have one let me know now so I can properly modify our game playing deadlines for the upcoming season.

dammitmattt said:
I'm not home to do it...

When I say I can't play Mon-Wed, it's because I'm a consultant who travels for work and I'm in an entirely different city. Believe me, I'd get it done otherwise. I need the recruits after Lone and Ando stole them all!!!

If ando and lone stole them all then maybe you should let the computer recruit for you since you aren't having much luck

GCQuinton said:
Deadline for Week 2 of recruiting is Friday, so get to it!

Also, with dammitmattt bringing up his schedule change, anyone else who will have one let me know now so I can properly modify our game playing deadlines for the upcoming season.

if it comes down to me not having it done its because im not doing anymore recruiting ive gotten all the players i need so just go ahead and sim mine.

Thanks

Striker

I got a couple four-stars. While losing my back Parker is going to suck incredible big balls, I did pick up Power Back Scott Smith. We'll see how he is. My offense was built around the ground game and PA last year because I had two real good backs and a Freshman QB (didn't want to expose his weaknesses too much :p). Now I'm going to be forced to make smart, consistent plays with my QB. :(

daw840

Striker said:
I got a couple four-stars. While losing my back Parker is going to suck incredible big balls, I did pick up Power Back Scott Smith. We'll see how he is. My offense was built around the ground game and PA last year because I had two real good backs and a Freshman QB (didn't want to expose his weaknesses too much :p). Now I'm going to be forced to make smart, consistent plays with my QB. :(

Yeah, I am losing my star qb and my go to TE. ":(

I am scared for the next season.

Striker

daw840 said:
Yeah, I am losing my star qb and my go to TE. ":(

I am scared for the next season.
My best WR will be Dustin Thompson, who will be rated in the high 70's. Maybe clinch an 80 or 81. But that's doubtful. Ugh, going to suck facing teams like Georgia, Michigan, Kansas, Illinois, etc.

daw840

Striker said:
My best WR will be Dustin Thompson, who will be rated in the high 70's. Maybe clinch an 80 or 81. But that's doubtful. Ugh, going to suck facing teams like Georgia, Michigan, Kansas, Illinois, etc.

I don't know if I would throw Kansas in that mix now. We are rated 79 overall and just scraped into a bowl game, with the loss of so many stars I am going to have a hard time bringing us into the limelight next season

Striker

daw840 said:
I don't know if I would throw Kansas in that mix now. We are rated 79 overall and just scraped into a bowl game, with the loss of so many stars I am going to have a hard time bringing us into the limelight next season
You took me to the limit the past two seasons. I got lucky in the second game. I don't know if I seriously will contend vs. the users in Season 3. :(

GCQuinton

Recruiting week's been advanced, and the deadline's tomorrow at midnight EST.

Matt, I'll figure something out in regards to your schedule during the regular season regarding the actual games, but for now your off-season stuff will have to get simmed if you can't do before the usual deadlines for it.

And on that topic, I've noticed that a few of us have had our schedules changed up somewhat (myself included, new job) since joining this league and it's not always feasible time-wise to plan a game with someone. One idea I'm thinking about and am seriously considering is dropping the four minimum human games requirement to let you play as many (or none) as you choose. That way, those of us with new schedules or with lesser teams can have an easier time building them up and everyone can stay on board if planning the games with someone else is an issue.

Thoughts?

GCQuinton said:
Recruiting week's been advanced, and the deadline's tomorrow at midnight EST.

Matt, I'll figure something out in regards to your schedule during the regular season regarding the actual games, but for now your off-season stuff will have to get simmed if you can't do before the usual deadlines for it.

And on that topic, I've noticed that a few of us have had our schedules changed up somewhat (myself included, new job) since joining this league and it's not always feasible time-wise to plan a game with someone. One idea I'm thinking about and am seriously considering is dropping the four minimum human games requirement to let you play as many (or none) as you choose. That way, those of us with new schedules or with lesser teams can have an easier time building them up and everyone can stay on board if planning the games with someone else is an issue.

Thoughts?

I missed the first two weeks of recruiting so I'm just crossing my fingers and seeing what the CPU does.

Regarding human games, I think it's better to have more than less and keep it consistent for every team. If we need to, we can extend the deadline or two to get the games in, but I don't want to take out the games that make this unique to playing your own dynasty.

dammitmattt said:
I missed the first two weeks of recruiting so I'm just crossing my fingers and seeing what the CPU does.

Regarding human games, I think it's better to have more than less and keep it consistent for every team. If we need to, we can extend the deadline or two to get the games in, but I don't want to take out the games that make this unique to playing your own dynasty.

Agreed, if there are no human v human games there is no reason to be playing in an online dynasty. You don't play in an online league to compete in against someone else in recruiting.

GCQuinton

dammitmattt said:

Like I said, it's just something I'm thinking about right now. I've already gotten PM's from other members who wanna stay, but won't have the time like they used to and have considered leaving. I don't wanna outright kick anyone currently in since we've all been reliable, so it's just a possible workaround.

With your situation though, extending the deadlines was already a given. With the times you mentioned, it looks like we'll be able to advance about twice a week. One possible setup would be Tues-Fri and Sat-Tues. That way you'll have two days to get your game in each week.

GCQuinton

Xbox Live was down for me last night and this morning so I couldn't advance recruiting. I'll be doing that when I get home tonight, but in the meantime get it done if you haven't already!

GCQuinton

Recruiting's over, so now we're in the player position changes section. Deadline is Saturday at midnight!

Also, like last season, everyone PM me a COMPLETE LIST from 1-10 of your human game preferences. Not a "I don't care who I play", or a top five, a complete list of 10. Keep in mind, if you played a team this past season (click here to check) you won't get it two years in a row.

GCQuinton

Deadline for position changes is tonight at midnight EST so get it done if you haven't already! Regarding the schedules, everyone's gonna have at least 4 human games like we've always had. If you have someone else in your conference that you play yearly that counts as one of the games so I can make it fit for everyone.

Also, for those who wanna start their own rivalry games against someone else not in your conference on a yearly basis with a special name and everything else that goes with it (name, fake trophies, etc.), let me know and I'll try to set it up.

GCQuinton

We've advanced to the off-season, folks! Deadline for ALL of your preseason stuff is Thursday! Once I've finished with the schedules, I'll post them here.

GCQuinton

14vpruo.jpg

THE COMMISH ANNOUNCES HUMAN-PLAYED GAMES FOR SEASON THREE

"Without further ado, here are all of the human played games for each team in Season Three. I had to do a little bit of shuffling to get everyone the minimum amount of games, but everyone except (except for Cal as always) has four games. If you still have a CPU team you want to play in the event that I couldn't fill a spot with a human game, let me know."

Alabama Crimson Tide:

California
Michigan
Georgia
Kansas

Auburn Tigers:

Rutgers
Georgia
Alabama
Kansas

California Golden Bears:

Duke
Alabama
Illinois

Duke Blue Devils:

California
Kent State
North Texas
Michigan

Georgia Bulldogs:

Kansas
Illinois
Alabama
Auburn

Illinois Fighting Illini

Georgia
California
Michigan
Kent State

Kansas Jayhawks:

Georgia
North Texas
Alabama
Auburn

Kent State Golden Flashes:

Duke
North Texas
Illinois
Rutgers

Michigan Wolverines:

Rutgers
Alabama
Illinois
Duke

North Texas Mean Green:

Kansas
Kent State
Duke
Rutgers

Rutgers Scarlet Knights:

Michigan
Auburn
Kent State
North Texas

GCQuinton

I was going to hold off on starting the season until Monday after the holiday, but if you guys are ready to roll now just let me know and I'll advance.

GCQuinton

TheCrow said:
GCQ did you forget to post my(Illinois) schedule or am I going blind??

Anyway I'm ready for the new season.

Yeah, I did. It's there now.

I guess I'll advance everything tomorrow morning if there aren't any objections.

Top Bottom