• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA Football 09 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton

storybook77 said:
Did we get an extension till tomorrow night so me and DM can get our game since he won't available until tomorrow?

I was actually getting ready to PM you about your system situation since me and Ando haven't been able to get our game in because of work schedules. If you plan on playing Matt tomorrow, I'll extend the deadline to then so me and Ando can play our game then too. If you're not, then all our games will get simmed tonight so everyone else can advance. Let me know.

GCQuinton said:
I was actually getting ready to PM you about your system situation since me and Ando haven't been able to get our game in because of work schedules. If you plan on playing Matt tomorrow, I'll extend the deadline to then so me and Ando can play our game then too. If you're not, then all our games will get simmed tonight so everyone else can advance. Let me know.

I'm in...bought a new 360 yesterday, giving the refurb that they're probably going to send me to my son. Matt said he can't play till tomorrow so we're going to do it then. I sure as hell didn't want to sim or play the CPU with so much at stake on this game.

BigAT

Could you put me down for the open spot in the next season? I just picked up the game today. I am more than reliable enough to get my games in and such, I was active in both the Madden and NBA 2K9 leagues, not to mention the fact that I'm sitting on unemployment right now.

I'm not sure what team I would take, I never thought I would have a problem securing Rutgers, but the times they are a-changing. Always good to see another fan though. Do you have an association with the school Striker or just a fan? I'm RC '07 myself.

Striker

BigAT said:
Could you put me down for the open spot in the next season? I just picked up the game today. I am more than reliable enough to get my games in and such, I was active in both the Madden and NBA 2K9 leagues, not to mention the fact that I'm sitting on unemployment right now.

I'm not sure what team I would take, I never thought I would have a problem securing Rutgers, but the times they are a-changing. Always good to see another fan though. Do you have an association with the school Striker or just a fan? I'm RC '07 myself.
Eh I just watch some of them on occasion. I like a couple players they got (Courtney Greene, Kenny Britt, Ray Rice), but not a huge fan. :p

I like Penn State but chose Rutgers to give some sort of challenge. Before the season, I had thought about moving teams, but the run game situation has improved. I was pissed prior because my then-5-star RB transferred to OSU and I couldn't stop it. :(

GCQuinton

bluemax said:
I think my copy of the game is fucked.

Two weeks ago I had a problem where sometimes it would give me DREs when trying to load up an actual game, now it is back and I haven't been able to get it to stop. Can we hold off on advancing for at least one more day so I can try and get this to work and get this game in? If not then I'll probably just retire and send the disc back to game fly.

Edit: Nevermind disc finally held up and got in game so I could actually play. Holy shit does Jimmy Clausen suck.

For future reference: I DON'T CARE what the reason is, if I ever see that somebody's restarted a game SIX times it automatically gets thrown out and simmed.

Do you have a hard drive to install the game to?

Other than that, we've advanced. Week 14 Deadline is Tuesday.

I am regretfully announcing that I will be retiring as the Kent State Golden Flashes head Coach at seasons end to pursue a professional skateboarding career. I had a great time playing in the league and will definitely be interested in getting together to play again on NCAA 2010.

Thanks!

Bobbydigital aka Bobdigi33

bluemax

Banned
GCQuinton said:
For future reference: I DON'T CARE what the reason is, if I ever see that somebody's restarted a game SIX times it automatically gets thrown out and simmed.

Do you have a hard drive to install the game to?

Other than that, we've advanced. Week 14 Deadline is Tuesday.

Sorry if I had know that when it locked up it was causing it to show as a restart I would've contacted you after the first one, I just kind of kept trying in rapid succession to clean the disc and get it going. I tried installing multiple times as well. After I got the game in I did install and I had no problems getting my ucla game in.

Fucking CPU cheated me out of a fumble in that game that would've made in 24-0 and killed the bRuins. Instead they scored and managed to stick around.

Striker

I defeated North Texas by seven points, but it was close the entire game. He tossed a early INT but played mistake free the rest of the game. My role on offense was to smash and dash and I did so by running about 130 rush yards in the first half. I couldn't muster enough time/efficiency to run well in the second half.

Ando made a great play on my KR where I cut to the right, evading about 3-4 North Texas players, and I am running up the sideline to have one of his players Hit-Stick me and I fumbled, so he got the ball right back. :(

Luckily for me, once he did eventually score, I returned a KR for a TD... that was game since there was little time remaining. He was at the 11-yard line with :10 left in the end but I was able to defend my redzone and get the win. Was actually a real fun game! :)

GCQuinton

qps83k.jpg

Also, we've advanced. Week 15 Deadline is Wednesday! We've only got two games this week, people!

GCQuinton said:
qps83k.jpg

Also, we've advanced. Week 15 Deadline is Wednesday! We've only got two games this week, people!

Thank you for the wonderful send off. If anybody ever wants to play anything else and i'm online send me an invite, if i have the game ill hop on and play. Also, hope to see you all on an NCAA '10 dynasty, but this time i'm taking a good team and you will all be in trouble. I'm calling dibs on Ohio State, Terelle Pryor for the Heisman!

cubanb

Banned
TheCrow said:
I'm also looking forward to NCAA 2010 and its improvements. And it looks like the Big 10 is going to get tougher for me. :D
I expect more battles between Illinois and California next year. Although I haven't seen what Bluemax has to offer with his Trojans, but I expect Best to be highly rated next year.

TheCrow

I didn't really pay that much attention to Illinois's season, so I am not so sure how they will be ranked. I kind of do not want to lose all the players I recruited. Maybe EA will allow us to transfer this dynasty into 2010. I can only hope.

Striker

GCQuinton said:
Waiting on Striker to play his game, and then we advance...
Oops, sorry. I just got home from work. I'll get it in tonight!

I hope Madden has Franchise mode and I'm sure it can be implemented seeing how EA put the great work in for Online Dynasty for NCAA. I hope next years' is as great.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
We're trying to set up a time to get the game started. He's traveling around, but maybe Thursday night, but it might be Friday.

Lonestar

congratulations Bluemax, on the BCS championship game win!

Stupid HB Screens...why aren't they banned/limited :(

cubanb

Banned
Lonestar said:
congratulations Bluemax, on the BCS championship game win!

Stupid HB Screens...why aren't they banned/limited :(
so our champion didnt play one human opponent? :( my only loss was in a simmed game against bluemax

Striker

I had a great game vs. Florida State.

It begin defensively, only FG's and a defensive score came through until I was able to knock in a TD pass late in the 1st half (FSU 13, RUT 10).

In the fourth quarter, it got close. I am up 24-13, and they scored a TD. They tried going for two, and missed. Now 24-19. I drive, failed to miss kill clock further (around :35 left) and I am forced to punt. I missed the sidelines and the effer returned it 80 yards! They missed yet another two point conversion, and the score is 25-24. Only :27 remain and they kickoff, and I hope to get a good return to setup a late, game-winning FG. However, on the return, my KR broke a tackle, leaped over a would be tackler, and I outran three others for a KR TD with only seconds left.

It became my #1 ESPN Instant Classic. :)

cubanb

Banned
Just had a good game vs damnitmatt. Lost 42-35 in the sugar bowl. He had to sour the situation by calling me a cheeser after I threw a deep td to my rb. Meanwhile, he threw countless screens and thats just part of the game. I thought we were both playing a good game because he was stopping my run and I had to find creative ways to move the ball. That consisted of me moving my rb to the slot pre snap. His offense was tough to hold. Oh well.

Anyhow, I am stepping down for the rest of this dynasty. I am looking forward to next years edition!

GCQuinton

35028.jpg

COACH GCQUINTON RESIGNS FROM DUKE, TAKES OVER NAVY

Duke Coach GCQuinton has abruptly resigned from his stint as head football coach, according to uh....me. Winning a total of six games in total of three seasons with the Blue Devils, both he and the school's Athletic Director, Joe Alleva, felt it was time to move on. GCQuinton didn't have to wait around long for his next job, however, immediately being named the next head coach at Navy.

"I came to Duke to try and do the impossible and ultimately it turned out to be, well, impossible," said the outgoing coach. "Our strength of schedule was just too much to overcome and I could never get anything going. I wish the school nothing but the best in the future."

GCQuinton has a bit more breathing room taking over the Midshipmen, a FBS Independent.

"It was definitely something I considered before coming here. I don't know how long this dynasty will last, but even with the human opponent factor I've got a much better chance to properly build a team here. It should be fun!"

GCQuinton

We've advanced. Bluemax's national championship game is all that's left. Deadline's Wednesday.

Also, welcome BigAT to the dynasty! He's the new coach of Syracuse.

Striker

GCQuinton said:
We've advanced. Bluemax's national championship game is all that's left. Deadline's Wednesday.

Big East competition!

BigAT

GCQuinton said:

Thanks. We'll see what I can do with the Orangemen. The cupboard seems to have been left pretty bare for me, but I certainly wasn't expecting much when I decided to take them over.

Lonestar

I beat his screens the 1st time...

then I lose one of my top WR's before facing him the next time. He also threw more screens, on important 3rd downs.... :/

GCQuinton

Just a quick reminder to Bluemax, tonight at midnight's the deadline to play your game. If it's not played by then, I advance to the off-season for everyone else.

bluemax

Banned
Season is over. I avoided the CPU's attempts to make me fumble at every inopportune moment and won a rather dramatic BCS MNC in OT 37-31. I'll type up more of a recap later but this was one of those games where I was headed to a blow out and a combo of me going for it on 4th down and the CPU doing insane things made it a tight contest.

GCQuinton

We're officially in the off-season now. Since you can't persuade your players to stay anyway, I've gone ahead and advanced to the first week of off-season recruiting. Deadline is Friday!

GCQuinton

BigAT said:
Just out of curiosity, is that because we don't allow it or because you can't actually do it in online franchise?

You can't do it in online dynasty. For whatever reason, only the host (commish) file processes the info like it's supposed to when it comes to trying to get players to stay. If anyone else tries it, it'll show up correctly when they do it, but once we advance the info won't stay but you'll have still lost your recruiting hours. Some of us learned that the hard way going into the second season. If it worked properly, I'd totally leave that to each member to decide what they'd wanna do.

Striker

It does suck. I lost my top WR's after the first season, and my Freshman RB who was a four-star recruit the second season. I'm not holding my breath here now. I'm betting my 96 rated OLB goes to the draft and I lose some quality offensive players. -_-

Striker

CB3 said:
wow you guys allow HB Screens? looks like i choose the right platform to play on...
Looks like your platform uses them too!

I don't mind them. I just don't like if/when people abuse them and abuse the AI on kickoff returns and option plays.

I prefer this platform idea anyways. I wouldn't like having to face USC, Florida, Ohio St., etc. all the time. Adds no challenge whatsoever to recruiting.

bluemax

Banned
What's so broken about HB screens? I find when using them against the CPU that half the time their is a D-line man shadowing my RB.

GCQuinton

We've advanced to Week 2 of off-season recruiting. Deadline is Sunday! (not a typo, if you're gonna be busy Sunday get it done before then or it gets simmed!!)

GCQuinton

bluemax said:
What's so broken about HB screens? I find when using them against the CPU that half the time their is a D-line man shadowing my RB.

Nothing's wrong with them in principle (and they're not illegal in this league btw), but repeatedly using it comes off as playing cheap. To my knowledge, Lonestar's been the only person to bring up dammittmattt doing it, so unless anyone else (and by anyone else I mean an active member of THIS dynasty) has had a similar experience with him and speaks up about it, there's not much I can, or will, do off simply off of one person's word.

We had a similar problem earlier in the dynasty when multiple people addressed Ando's manual WR use, and I immediately got on him about it. If anyone else has had problems with Matt doing it, by all means tell me and I'll do the same.

Top Bottom