• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA Football 09 Online Dynasty Thread

TheCrow

Well, I just played Ando and it was a complete blowout. I don't know if I am just that bad or he is just that good or a little bit of both. Nevertheless it was a good game, his defense was great.

TheCrow said:
Well, I just played Ando and it was a complete blowout. I don't know if I am just that bad or he is just that good or a little bit of both. Nevertheless it was a good game, his defense was great.

When I played him it wasn't really the defense, it was the offense. And a combination of my terrible secondary.

cubanb

Banned
Just a heads up guys. Over at the operationsports forums, there are reports of glitches with scores for online dynasty. Nobody is sure what is causing it yet (maybe depends on the roster? or maybe they arent uploading properly), but they are seeing scores change from their final score to a different score on the league page. This has happened for both human vs cpu and human vs human. Sometimes it even changes the outcome. I have not seen it yet, so let's cross our fingers.

GCQuinton

cubanb said:
Just a heads up guys. Over at the operationsports forums, there are reports of glitches with scores for online dynasty. Nobody is sure what is causing it yet (maybe depends on the roster? or maybe they arent uploading properly), but they are seeing scores change from their final score to a different score on the league page. This has happened for both human vs cpu and human vs human. Sometimes it even changes the outcome. I have not seen it yet, so let's cross our fingers.

I've been watching the threads on that over at OS for the last few days now. We should be okay as long as I do what I've been doing and save the new dynasty file to my system each week we advance. Also remember that once you're done with your stuff for the week set the "Ready to Advance" notice.

Fingers crossed, but right now we're fine.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
I think we can make that happen. Either sometime tomorrow night or I'm free in 1 hour from now.

For anyone that cares heres the recap of GCQuinton and My Game

Kent St. @ Duke

The game was overall pretty close I opened up a 17 point lead at one point in the game but Quinton stepped it up with some tough D holding me under 250 yds of total offense all the while throwing all over my secondary to close the gap to 3 pts (i believe) at one point. But the Kent St. Defense causing some early turnovers including a fumble return for a touchdown and a excellent performance by the kickoff return team proved to be the difference in the game. The final score Kent 45 Duke 35. And for Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreet im Brad Nessler, thank you for watching(jk).

Striker

Ha, nice!

Can we outsiders see the score recap, stats, and etc. on games in the online dynasty? I'd assume so, but just curious.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
How has the Stat collecting and Recruiting been going? Any tight competition for particular players?

GCQuinton

Lonestar said:
How has the Stat collecting and Recruiting been going? Any tight competition for particular players?

I wouldn't call it "tight" at the moment since I'm Duke (and we're just in week two), but off the top of my head I'm going after a five star CB that vumpler's (Tennessee) going after too. Hopefully he cares about his education more since that's all I got to offer right now :lol

Striker said:
Ha, nice!

Can we outsiders see the score recap, stats, and etc. on games in the online dynasty? I'd assume so, but just curious.

You can see the score as soon the game's over in Dynasty HQ, but for the full recap of stats not till the week advances.

GCQuinton said:
I wouldn't call it "tight" at the moment since I'm Duke (and we're just in week two), but off the top of my head I'm going after a five star CB that vumpler's (Tennessee) going after too. Hopefully he cares about his education more since that's all I got to offer right now :lol

LOL, the closest i will get to a 5 star player this year is when they are on the opposite team!

GCQuinton

bobbydigital said:
LOL, the closest i will get to a 5 star player this year is when they are on the opposite team!

Yeah, I think that's the only one on my recruiting board :lol . Definitely more of a gamble to use all that time with the top ranked players with lower rated teams.

daw840

pheeniks said:
I've managed to piss off a lot of my recruits cause I forgot that sometimes, it's best to just hang up :lol

I have found that once you find a good match with your school attributes and the recruits wants, save that for when the recruit starts to get pissed. Then hard sell that pitch and hang up. Never hang up when the little football guy is frowning.

daw840

Righty10 said:
Daw what time are you available tonight?

I had someone call to come and take a look at the truck I have for sale and he will be here in just a little bit. As soon as I am done with that I will be ready. Sorry, but I have to get this damn truck sold before gas prices go up further, causing the value of this truck to drop further.:lol

vumpler

Striker said:
Ha, nice!

How's 9pm CST for our game?

GCQuinton

daw840 said:
I have found that once you find a good match with your school attributes and the recruits wants, save that for when the recruit starts to get pissed. Then hard sell that pitch and hang up. Never hang up when the little football guy is frowning.

Another thing to remember is to complete your pitches. If you're hanging up on them half way through the minutes spent most likely won't mean anything.

daw840

Righty

Apparently you are not familiar with the accepted guideline of this league. When you are demolishing someone, like me, it's time to stop running up the score. 52-7 in the 3rd quarter should never happen. You beat me fair and square, I am not complaining about your play in the first half. But in the second half, when it is an obvious blow out, it's time to turn it off. No more PA bombs, no more huge completions. Just run the clock out. That being said, good game, I expect to lose to probably all of my human controlled oponents and I don't want you to think I am just whining because I lost, it is more that other people who play in this league would throw a fit about this type of score.

BTW, did my timeouts before the FGs ever actually cause a difference in the kick? The manual says you can "ice" the kicker.

Meier

vumpler said:
What is the "ATH" position? Athletic? I have an F in that positon lolol.
You always do basically. At the end of the recruiting cycle, you can switch positions from everyone on the team and Athletes (at least in the past... I haven't even tried not to at this point) HAD to be given a specific position. When you dont have any of a position, you get an F in it.

Righty10

daw840 said:
Righty

Apparently you are not familiar with the accepted guideline of this league. When you are demolishing someone, like me, it's time to stop running up the score. 52-7 in the 3rd quarter should never happen. You beat me fair and square, I am not complaining about your play in the first half. But in the second half, when it is an obvious blow out, it's time to turn it off. No more PA bombs, no more huge completions. Just run the clock out. That being said, good game, I expect to lose to probably all of my human controlled oponents and I don't want you to think I am just whining because I lost, it is more that other people who play in this league would throw a fit about this type of score.

BTW, did my timeouts before the FGs ever actually cause a difference in the kick? The manual says you can "ice" the kicker.
My bad, I did was not aware of that. I will keep that in mind in the future.

As far as the ice the kicker thing, I never noticed anything different about the kicks after the timeouts were called.

daw840

Righty10 said:
My bad, I did was not aware of that. I will keep that in mind in the future.

As far as the ice the kicker thing, I never noticed anything different about the kicks after the timeouts were called.

It's cool, I just know that some people in the Madden league of last year got their panties all in a twist about that particular issue.

About the kicker thing, that kind of pisses me off. The manual says that it will make the power meter look like it has ice all over it and it will be hard to kick the ball.

I did notice that in the beginning of the game my controller was freaking out with the rumble, the reciever routes were shaking incredibly bad. It was like your crowd was screwing me up:lol

GCQuinton

daw840 said:
Righty

That said, it's been on the front page for weeks folks:

- In those games against the CPU (and humans) where you're flat out dominating, you will be required to mass sub your second offensive and defensive teams into the game once you're leading by 35 points.

On top of that, if you're up 45 in the 3rd you should be running the clock out.

vumpler said:
What is the "ATH" position? Athletic? I have an F in that positon lolol.

Wow, some of you guys don't follow college football at all huh? :lol ATHs are high school recruits that are natural athletes that can play multiple positions.

Quick example: You recruit a 6'3 260 pound guy with decent hands and speed that can tackle. More than likely he can play a TE, DE, or LB. When the time comes in the off-season for you to change positions you can decide where he'll play at, and redshirt him to get him some seasoning at that spot if you want.

Righty10

daw840 said:
It's cool, I just know that some people in the Madden league of last year got their panties all in a twist about that particular issue.

About the kicker thing, that kind of pisses me off. The manual says that it will make the power meter look like it has ice all over it and it will be hard to kick the ball.

I did notice that in the beginning of the game my controller was freaking out with the rumble, the reciever routes were shaking incredibly bad. It was like your crowd was screwing me up:lol
Haha yeah.

Also, I don't know how I got that INT return at the end of the 2nd quarter. Even I thought it was a little BS that I broke that many tackles.

vumpler

FUUUUUUCK! Are injuries on? I'm sure they are. My QB is out for the season with a broken clavicle :((((((

Striker

vumpler said:
FUUUUUUCK! Are injuries on? I'm sure they are. My QB is out for the season with a broken clavicle :((((((
That hit put him out for season? Oh shit sorry. :lol

I noticed he was a Freshman though. That is great for you and bad for us. Not to mention your RB nearly totaled 200 combined yards on me. My linebackers were the suxity.

As for my team, I do LOVE my WR's. Underwood and Britt are great. But the OL crumbled in the second half it seemed and Teel was off the mark a bit.

Good game. You deserved the win.

BTW, my starting RB is out for two weeks.

GCQuinton

vumpler said:

Welcome to Dynasty Mode, friend. Time to get the backup in. Is everyone done with their games?

EDIT: Just checked. Still waiting on vumpler and dammitmattt to do their recruiting.

daw840

GCQuinton said:
Welcome to Dynasty Mode, friend. Time to get the backup in. Is everyone done with their games?

EDIT: Just checked. Still waiting on vumpler and dammitmattt to do their recruiting.

C'mon guys ;)

vumpler

GCQuinton said:
Oh i didn't know you had to do that every week. Laaaame. I'll get to it today :)

GCQuinton

vumpler said:
Oh i didn't know you had to do that every week. Laaaame. I'll get to it today :)

You can set it to let the CPU control it if you don't want to do it. If you that, just set the Ready to Advance notice after you play your game so I'll know.

vumpler

GCQuinton said:
You can set it to let the CPU control it if you don't want to do it. If you that, just set the Ready to Advance notice after you play your game so I'll know.
Oh badass. I'll definitely do that. I could care less for that part of the dynasty. I fully believe everyone else will have a better team than me year in and year out if I do it on my own. At least there is a slight chance that my team won't completely suck if the CPU does it :D

Will set it as soon as I get home from school today.

GCQuinton said:

Oh really? How do you do this? Just set "ready"? cause I'd almost prefer that. I don't have a knack for these things sometimes...

GCQuinton

Striker said:
Recruiting and facing against other humans in it are the best part!

It's just as important as the actual games to me. But hey, if they let the CPU take over it'll make my job going after some of their recruits a little easier so go for it :D .

pheeniks said:
Oh really? How do you do this? Just set "ready"? cause I'd almost prefer that. I don't have a knack for these things sometimes...

You have to go to the user options to recruit manually, so the CPU assisted recruiting default. You don't have to do anything. When you're done with your games, just set the Ready to Advance notice and that's it.

vumpler

I like the gameplay in this game just fine. I hate how you can't have a solid defense though. If you HAVE to score, you can do so every time. There are so many holes in the defense its stupid and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

I do have a feeling I'll be shifting to madden full time after this season. Playing with fantasy players never did it for me. So the whole recruiting thing seems completely silly to me.

Edit: by the way, setting mine now to advance.

GCQuinton

Week 3 Games:

Duke (GCQuinton) vs. Cal (cubanb)
Kent State (bobbydigital) vs. Rutgers (Striker)
Colorado (Thrilledge) vs. Michigan (Doubleb22)
Florida (BirdBomb/Ando) vs. Kansas (daw840)
Tennessee (vumpler) vs. Texas (pheeniks)
Auburn (dammitmattt) vs. Mississippi State (CPU)

Week 3 Byes: Illinois (KamikazePIPBoy)

Deadline for Week 3 is on Sunday. We'll be starting our GAF Top 12 after this week too, so if you guys still wanna do that let me know.

I actually advanced it about an hour ago, but had a game in the NBA 2K8 league to play. cubanb, are you free to play tomorrow?

daw840

GCQuinton said:
Week 3 Games:

Deadline for Week 3 is on Sunday. We'll be starting our GAF Top 12 after this week too, so if you guys still wanna do that let me know.

I actually advanced it about an hour ago, but had a game in the NBA 2K8 league to play. cubanb, are you free to play tomorrow?

LOL, chalk up a loss for me this week!

cubanb

Banned
GCQuinton said:
Week 3 Games:

Ill be home from work tomorrow, from 4-8 PST is a great time to play, I might be free in an hour or so if you are still around.

GCQuinton

cubanb said:
Ill be home from work tomorrow, from 4-8 PST is a great time to play, I might be free in an hour or so if you are still around.

Let's shoot for 5 PST/8 EST tomorrow. That work for you?

Striker

Bobby,

If you wanna play our game tomorrow, I can before I leave for work at 5 PM EST.

If not, we can try later that night or the next day (same hours).

I can only do late-evening hours on the weekend this week.

Top Bottom