• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Worldwide Launch Thread

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
bishoptl said:
Sounds like it's time for another "WE LOVE BLIMBLIM" thread. :p

Ah, fuck! Sorry I'm late!!!!

cos013.jpg

cos017.jpg

OOPS! WTF!!?

Sexy.jpg

Blimblim said:
I don't have any official direct relationship with MS, it all works through a PR agency (working only with french fansites, so usually getting things 2-3 weeks late, if ever). I've been promised a review kit as soon as they are available but I'm not holding my breath, to say the least...
Same here (Italy). We'll have a review console *after* the console launch. And the explaination is that they first have to give the console to paper magazines, many of which aren't even gaming-related :-(

swordsman

Banned
Blimblim said:
*sigh*
Still not even a review build (not even mentioning a 360 review kit) in sight here. MS Europe/France, how I love thee...
---
If some who will deserve a xbox360 kit and that is you. You do alot of things for the xbots community, so in my eys you deserve it BimBlim :)

--
Damn I want this game..+PDZ
--
I will have one xbox360 on december the 2nd (almost certain--the clerks at my local gameshop have promissed me)

Count down to the zero hours...
22 days left..(europe)
Nort Amerika +Canada (13 days)

Rlan

Blimblim said:
I don't have any official direct relationship with MS, it all works through a PR agency (working only with french fansites, so usually getting things 2-3 weeks late, if ever). I've been promised a review kit as soon as they are available but I'm not holding my breath, to say the least...
It's kinda sad considering how big xboxyde has become in the past few months.

Woah woah WOAH WOAH. How did I miss this post? Blimmy, I have a question!

Any chance of mentioning which PR agency this is? Do they have a PR website to download data through? Would you know who Nintendo work through for French PR?

Reason I'm asking is because the major French gaming websites I know of [jeux-france and gamekult], somehow seem to be able to get video game artwork that nobody else seems to be able to obtain! This tends to happen for Nintendo and SEGA stuff more than anything. Neither Official UK or US press sites ever seem to get the artwork jeux or gamekult get, and damnit, I want them! :p

Are you able to help at all? Point me in the right direction, regardless on if it's "French Only" or not?

swordsman

Banned
Good news for the xbox360 if this article proofs it right :)

Sorry if old:

The source:
http://www.zdnet.nl/news.cfm?id=50599&mxp=151
PS3 delays:
Bubblefish from Dutch to English:

In an interview with the entertainmentblad Hollywood to receiver Sony-president slip itself have let to Howard Stringer that the PlayStation 3 (PS3) just planned before the end of 2006 states. That contradicts earlier bulletins that the new console ends up already in spring of 2006. Partly is that correctly: PS3 by that time only in Japan available will be. In the interview talks top man Stringer concerning high definition (HD) as a means to obtaining Sony, who contends with walking back income and with regard to innovation a position in the rear-guard holds, from the slop. Stringer tell that ' the intervening period ' will be filled within which PS3 in Japan and the United States ends up with portable video products. Then he says that PS3 in spring of 2006 in Japan ends up and America will follow ' next year '. The interview, which dates of 1 November, suggests therefore that America just in November 2006 to provide with PS3's. follow European introductions become traditionally still later - on average a month after the United States. It the first time that Sony is a more or less hard promise does concerning the releasedatum of its new game computer. Microsoft later this month introduces its Xbox 360 in America, followed by a European introduction beginning December. If PS3 so much attractions have that European and American customers are prepared a year there to wait for, the time will learn.
-----------------

Still no official thread for Xbox360 Gamecards ????????

hadareud

The Translator
Same thing in the austrian press:
http://derstandard.at/?id=2234763

PlayStation 3 is to appear at the earliest in one year Sony computer Entertainment in Japan in the spring 2006 will deliver - the USA in one year, Europe questionably Japan, then the USA Sony and already bring its console might remain therefore faithful for its strategy in the spring 2006 in Japan into the trade. Stringer spoke in the interview of the starting month March. Afterwards the start is to take place in the USA, however only good nine months later - thus in more or less exactly one year. When Europe is to come to the course, stringer did not want to betray - in the worst case even a start of the PlayStation would be possible 3 in the spring 2007 in Europe, means experts. It is to be accepted however that Sony does not want to be able to be escaped two Christmas businesses one behind the other and Microsoft out with its Xbox thereby inadvertently support to carry. Expensive drive assemblies a reason for the late distribution might be the hp and/or Blue Ray drive assemblies. While Microsoft such a feature will not offer at all with its first consoles - although HDTV is seen as substantial point in the future console business, Sony might want to offer appropriate drive assemblies equal with the start. However pure Hp Disc Player costs - which HP of 3 would then also be - still approximately 1000 dollar. To this price Sony can probably hardly bring its console however into the trade. The price from view of stringer is to lie the selling price between 300 and 400 dollar. European prices, which are generally higher, became still none admit gegeben.(red)

Chi-Town

My nearby Best Buy(Harlem and Irving Plaza) finally setup their kiosk. They have the system hooked up to the usual Samsung monitor BUT they also have it hooked up to a
50 INCH SET and a good sound system with a subwoofer. They've got some of those gamer chairs sitting around. I plopped myself down and played some Call of Duty 2 and it was glorious.

WordofGod

Banned
I played the 360 two days ago @ Bestbuy. I would say COD2 looks identical to my home computer running the game without the AA on. Here are my specs:

P4 3.6
1.5gig 3200ram
RADEON® X800 XT PLATINUM EDITION AGP 256MB
Monitor Resolution: 1280x1024

Out of all the games on the demo station @ BestBuy I have to say that COD2 looks the best and most next-gen looking out of all the games. Kingkong looked like a Xbox port and Kameo looked like highrez PC game running on a HDTV.

The BestBuy.com bundles are up for Replay Zone members.

They suck, not surprising.

Xbox 360 Core System Starter Bundle
Xbox 360 Core System
Wired Controller
Madden NFL 06
$399.97

Xbox 360 Core System Sports Bundle DOUBLE POINTS
Xbox 360 Core System
Wired Controller
64 MB Memory Unit
Madden NFL 06
Project Gotham Racing 3
$489.95

Xbox 360 Starter Bundle
Xbox 360
Wireless Controller
Madden NFL 06
$509.97

Xbox 360 Sports Bundle DOUBLE POINTS
Xbox 360
Wireless Controller
Play & Charge Kit
Madden NFL 06
Project Gotham Racing 3
$579.95

I guess they may not be that bad if you like Madden. Best Buy sure loves EA.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat54500050003&type=category

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
I can't wait, only about a week (15th or 16th?) before I get my hands on that beautiful sleek white box!

beermonkey@tehbias said:
The BestBuy.com bundles are up for Replay Zone members.

They suck, not surprising.

Xbox 360 Core System Starter Bundle
Xbox 360 Core System
Wired Controller
Madden NFL 06
$399.97

Xbox 360 Core System Sports Bundle DOUBLE POINTS
Xbox 360 Core System
Wired Controller
64 MB Memory Unit
Madden NFL 06
Project Gotham Racing 3
$489.95

Xbox 360 Starter Bundle
Xbox 360
Wireless Controller
Madden NFL 06
$509.97

Xbox 360 Sports Bundle DOUBLE POINTS
Xbox 360
Wireless Controller
Play & Charge Kit
Madden NFL 06
Project Gotham Racing 3
$579.95

I guess they may not be that bad if you like Madden. Best Buy sure loves EA.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat54500050003&type=category

Just an FYI, I purchased one of these with second day shipping and it said the estimated arrival date is 11/19. So at least you get it half a week early.

hgplayer1

Azwethinkweiz said:
Just an FYI, I purchased one of these with second day shipping and it said the estimated arrival date is 11/19. So at least you get it half a week early.

did you have any problems at all with the ordering process? I cant even get to the page from the link in my email.

hgplayer1 said:
did you have any problems at all with the ordering process? I cant even get to the page from the link in my email.

Yeah it kept saying tax couldn't be calculated. I just kept trying over and over and I got in. What a fucking bitch that was.

beermonkey@tehbias said:
What is that thing on Ken Lobb's head...it's like...a visor....made of...hair!

Yes I too was frightened by his hair hat.

BTW - Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero OST's are out today.

hgplayer1

Azwethinkweiz said:
Yeah it kept saying tax couldn't be calculated. I just kept trying over and over and I got in. What a fucking bitch that was.

:( I couldnt even get to the page to view the bundles. It kept telling me to sign in but I was already signed in. when you clicked the link in the email did it take you directly to the bundles page?

eso76

Bebpo said:
So I finally tried Kameo and wow...that was awful.

I've heard similar complaints from someone who has played the same build, a friend of mine who has been eagerly anticipating the game for 4 years :D
He mentioned the kiosk was, as usual, running with the wrong settings (console set to 480i but the monitor being a hdtv samsung lcd) but the jagginess wasn't the only bad thing about the graphics, or the game for that matters.
Unimpressive, uninteresting, uninspired, unfriendly controls, unfun...
He did say it doesn't look like the latest videos at all, and is pretty sure the demo is from E3; while graphics have probably come a long way since that build, he's not sure how they could have fixed the gameplay, which he thought was the real problem with the game.

In other news, another friend of mine had the chance to play PDZ (in Washington, i believe ?); he's never had faith in X360's launch, but came away (actually, was dragged away) very impressed with PDZ: he specifically mentioned controls were "incredibly precise" (he had no idea problems with controls have been brought up frequently, in the past few days) and gameplay was very addictive and faithful to the original PD.

Both are *very* reliable sources and very experienced gamer.
I somehow doubt that build of kameo is reliable, though.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Yup, I thought the Kameo demo was pretty boring stuff. The graphics were nice, but the controls seem too loose. Maybe a lock-on system would have helped. I kept finding myself firing past the enemies and then having to sping the camera back in order to get my bearings. Slow, slow, slow.

PLenty of games pull off free form targeting, but I'm not sure Kameo should have been one that made the attempt. Maybe the final build will be a bit better.

Mrbob

Perhaps MS didn't show off Kameo in the best light with the demo at the kiosks.

Most people who played the demo thinks it is boring.

Speaking of demos, will we get a list soon of downloadable game demos available at launch?

.Abras.

I'm from Brazil and I'm going to US on november 24th.

I will leave on december 8th, what are my changes on getting one at miami?

Joe

the xbox1 demo of kameo i played was boring and that was a real in-game level not a training level. but most people that have sat down and played the real game say its good so who knows.

the demo was annoying, you had to roll up so many platforms and it was a bitch to aim and crap and then u would get to a new area and have to roll up more god damn platforms.

I loved the demo for throwing orccs on your backs with the ice guy and letting the spikes pierce throught here bodies :p

is this confirmed as MSRP? i prepaid these games at gamestop and they're selling them for 59.99 each. bastards are trying to rip me off. wtf.

Liar.. there 49.99 in our computers..

Jeff-DSA

I just played through each demo (on a TV at Best Buy w/ the console set to 480i) and I must say that I think Kameo was pretty weak. It's been my most anticipated game right behind PD0, but the demo was pretty bad. I don't think they chose the best area to demo the game, especially with all of the annoying ramps and such.

Ah well, I'm going to keep Kameo preordered. If it turns out to be a flop, I can always put it up on eBay.

bill0527

Heh, I've had mine paid for in full at EB games along with PDZ and Kameo for 2 months now and I just got a call in that I won't be getting one on launch day because they are only getting 12 in and I am 14 on the list.

My wife can't believe how calm I am about it. I'm going to go get a full refund tomorrow and line up at a retail store I guess.

I just don't understand how the largest specialty video game retailer in the world gets shorted on allotments. EB clearly doesn't have enough stroke in the video game world to deliver so I will no longer do any business with them at all.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Y2Kevbug11 said:
I can accept this, I even agree with it. The controls seemed a little unresponsive, at best, slow.

It's hard to pin down. Maybe not just slow or sluggish, but just wrong for the gameplay. I found myself running away from the action, just so I could get a little break in order to turn around and get a charged attack going.

It's starbge to type this, but it feels like the game should play a little like Metroid Prime. A nice lock on feature would have fixed some of the problems during the fights. And skill level isn't really an issue, as you can get away from the slow enemies easily, regroup, and try again. It just feels like you are spending time getting situated rather than playing.

SuperPac

bill0527 said:
Heh, I've had mine paid for in full at EB games along with PDZ and Kameo for 2 months now and I just got a call in that I won't be getting one on launch day because they are only getting 12 in and I am 14 on the list.

Ouch. My condolences. :'(

My wife can't believe how calm I am about it. I'm going to go get a full refund tomorrow and line up at a retail store I guess.

Wouldn't it be better to leave the preorder where it is? Then if by some freak occurrence you line up and can't get a system then you'll have that #14 slot to fall back on for second shipment? It's not outside the realm of possibility that the first and second shipments will arrive before the 22nd.

swordsman

Banned
.Abras. said:
I'm from Brazil and I'm going to US on november 24th.

I will leave on december 8th, what are my changes on getting one at miami?
--
Do you know the upcoming game Dead rising from Capcom??
Just like that..It will be brute... :lol

Good luck with the finding for your xbox360.

--
I will get mine on Dec 2nd.

Tiktaalik

The lack of reviews before the system comes out is really irritating. Especially since it seems that alot of places will be selling games before the 22nd. I know I'm going to want to go and get some games early to beat the launch rush, but on the other hand, I really want to wait for reviews to get a real sense of what's good or not. It's pretty hard to see through the hype of the launch. I want straight answers :(

Condemned: awesome as people say? Hard to know..

SuperPac

Zaxxon said:
The lack of reviews before the system comes out is really irritating. Especially since it seems that alot of places will be selling games before the 22nd. I want straight answers :(

Well now that Kameo's out what's preventing EBs and Gamestops from busting open a copy to throw in their kiosk? When the Dew contest winners get their systems there'll be a bunch more. Impressions will be flowing steadily from now till launch, don't you worry your pretty little head none.

3rdman

SuperPac said:
Well now that Kameo's out what's preventing EBs and Gamestops from busting open a copy to throw in their kiosk? When the Dew contest winners get their systems there'll be a bunch more. Impressions will be flowing steadily from now till launch, don't you worry your pretty little head none.

I've read somewhere that the kiosk units are in "demo" mode and will play nothing but demo disks unless it is switched to "play" mode. Don't know if its true or not...just what I've read.

bill0527

SuperPac said:
Ouch. My condolences. :'(

Wouldn't it be better to leave the preorder where it is? Then if by some freak occurrence you line up and can't get a system then you'll have that #14 slot to fall back on for second shipment? It's not outside the realm of possibility that the first and second shipments will arrive before the 22nd.

The thing is, I feel like I got suckered by either EB Games, Microsoft, or both. I feel like I got lied to by EB Games just so that they could get me to put some money down, in this case, the entire amount. I'm at the point in my life where that kind of stuff bothers me to the point where I will refuse to do business with people like that. And I don't say that out of anger. My wife knows that if a restaurant, store, or any other establishment screws me over, they'll never see another dime from me. That's kind of how I feel in this situation. I don't want EB games to even make that nickel they'll get in profit from selling me an Xbox360. Actually it was more than that.. because I was going to buy an extended warranty, a universal remote and some other accessories from them. I don't even care if I don't get an Xbox360, I just won't do business with people that I feel screw me. I'm a little weird like that. Corporations continue to screw people because people still come to them no matter what. Not me.

marsomega

Well I find out offciailly from a document direct from Microsoft that retailers are allowed to sell the software and accessories as soon as they get them. (Circuit City) Except for the console itself. That is all.

just got home from ebgames. i picked up guitar hero, but they also had kameo and the wired 360 controllers for sale. he said tomorrow they are getting batteries and play and charge kits as well as the media remote. he thinks they should have another 1-2 games by weeks end as well

Top Bottom