• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Worldwide Launch Thread

EGM92 said:
YOU THINK THAT'S BAD,? I HAVE THE X360 CONSOLE! Kameo, CoD2, AND the PD0 my friend sneaked out of her EB but I haven't even had a chance to play my own console! it's being auctioned off :(

PD0? You have it already?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
truffleshuffle83 said:
another game to stare at :(

dsc003267om.jpg

dsc003270ut.jpg

I WANT NOW! :(

SuperPac

EGM92 said:
YOU THINK THAT'S BAD,? I HAVE THE X360 CONSOLE! Kameo, CoD2, AND the PD0 my friend sneaked out of her EB but I haven't even had a chance to play my own console! it's being auctioned off :(

Your parents must be so proud.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
EGM92 said:

If you want to play it so badly, don't sell it!

EGM92

FallenOne666 said:
PD0? You have it already?
not in my posession, my friend said they have it in but they're not allowed to sell it till Friday or until they get word from the headoffice/warehouse. She snuck out a copy and after work she's coming by.

pestul

EGM92 said:
We have absolutely no sympathy for you.. goes back to playing Kameo

Tiktaalik

Ahh damn all these people who are getting games. Everywhere I go, EB, Blockbuster, local mom and pops, everyone is holding their games until launch.

Maybe I should call Walmart. They didn't have anything when I was there on Friday, but maybe they do now.

Osorio said:
I know what you mean, it looks really good but at the same time that 1up review said it played worse than current-gen fifa. So yeah I guess we can just download the demo day 1 and see how it is from there because I haven't played a Fifa since Fifa 2003.

It didnt play worse it just had no options what so ever cause it was a world cup game.

yea i got it anyways :(

The place i go to were selling a bunch of games they had : CoD2, Gun, fifa, NBA2k6, NHL2k6, Condemned and NBA live all in for sale and for rent even. :lol

Osorio

Kabuki Waq said:
It didnt play worse it just had no options what so ever cause it was a world cup game.
Oh. I thought I read somewhere that it played worse. Anyways I guess I'll wait for impressions once you get your console? I want some next-gen soccer.

Osorio said:
Oh. I thought I read somewhere that it played worse. Anyways I guess I'll wait for impressions once you get your console? I want some next-gen soccer.

Im prepared for it to be regular plain old fifa soccer/pinball gameplay. Which is still better than no soccer at all.

The 360 manuals have NO info at all they are extremely thin. The fifa and Cod2 manuals dont even reach 10 pages.

Fifty

Shame that C0D doesn't....I always expect the worst from EA but I guess Activision is cutting costs too. I'm a sucker for color manuals.

Osorio

Kabuki Waq said:
Im prepared for it to be regular plain old fifa soccer/pinball gameplay. Which is still better than no soccer at all.

The 360 manuals have NO info at all they are extremely thin. The fifa and Cod2 manuals dont even reach 10 pages.
I'll most likely rent it from Gamefly to get it out of my system, and count the days to next-gen Winning Eleven after I get bored of it =/. And about those manuals, it's pretty disappointing and I hope it's only a Activision/EA thing.

hgplayer1

Im in central TX and I went by Target, Best Buy and Hastings tonight to see what they had out.

Target had their kiosk set up but it was fucked up. when I went up to it, the games blade was open and I picked COD and picked play demo and it said something about the disc not being supported and back out to the dash where you have the Live, Games, Settings etc. blades. it was acting like it was signed in and there seemed to be two gamertags set up on the system but it wouldnt do anything after that and I couldnt figure out how to get it back into demo mode. they had some accessories out but no games at all. I was pretty close to picking up a P&C kit but I figured I have a couple more days at least plus I was gonna go by a couple more stores.

Best Buy didnt have any games out either. there was a guy playing COD on the kiosk. they had a pretty large amount of accessories including some third party stuff from Pelican. I wonder if thats any kind of indicator as to how many systems they are getting? if it is, does that mean Target wont be getting many?

next was Hastings. they had Kameo, Madden, NFSMW, and Tiger Woods. no accessories. seeing the games didnt excite me enough to pick one of them up like PGR3 would have.

So instead of making a new thread I figured I'd ask here as far too many results pop up when searching GAF for an answer.

I know DOA4 got delayed, and most sites are reporting 12/1/05 as the release date. In my time working at Gamestop, this would be a generic 'we don't know date'. Has there been any confirmation on this? Is this the real ship date, just a week post launch? If not, any ideas on when?

Keep going back and forth on if I should just spend the money on upgrading my PC, or actually pick up a 360. DOA's delay along with Oblivion made it more likely for the upgrade, but if DOA is only a week behind then I'll definately be picking up a 360 next week.

EB is definatly getting PDO as well as most of the other games tomorrow.

so is it known if a wireless controller along with the plug and play kit will be windows PC compatable

EGM92 said:
She snuck out a copy and after work she's coming by.
PDZero Limited Edition? Clear Pics Get! :D
truffleshuffle83 said:
so is it known if a wireless controller along with the plug and play kit will be windows PC compatable
Dunno about wireless, but the PnC works with computers. As it is USB compatible. I saw an image of a wireless controller being charged by the comp.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I just want to say, I HATE how the faceplate is removed and connected to the 360. I just watched a video that showed how its removed and another is place, I didn't like it at all. I wish there was a button that could pop the face plate off and the plastic underneath was smooth or something. I don't know.

Everything else about the "look" of the system is great though :D

BlueTsunami said:
I just want to say, I HATE how the faceplate is removed and connected to the 360. I just watched a video that showed how its removed and another is place, I didn't like it at all. I wish there was a button that could pop the face plate off and the plastic underneath was smooth or something. I don't know.

Everything else about the "look" of the system is great though :D
Where? WHERE?

Joe

i know ign's hardware video showed you how to remove the faceplate. its not THAT bad, if you had to do it all the time id be worried but if you do it once or twice a year its not bad.

BlueTsunami

Nintendo X said:
Where? WHERE?

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3145585

Its shown in the video on that webpage (streamed). If you keep watching it, they basically show the 360, and show how the faceplate is removed. It looks very rough in that you have to pop it up then keep lifting up until the other end pops up to. It looks as though the face plate will break if you keep lifting but eventually pops up.

I just think it should have been easier to remove the thing.

Joe said:
i know ign's hardware video showed you how to remove the faceplate. its not THAT bad, if you had to do it all the time id be worried but if you do it once or twice a year its not bad.

Thats true. I don't know why it bugs me though. I just think it would have been cool if the faceplate slid off or one button would pop the whole thing off at once. It just looks poorley implimented.

BlueTsunami said:
http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3145585

Its shown in the video on that webpage (streamed). If you keep watching it, they basically show the 360, and show how the faceplate is removed. It looks very rough in that you have to pop it up then keep lifting up until the other end pops up to. It looks as though the face plate will break if you keep lifting but eventually pops up.

I just think it should have been easier to remove the thing.
I saw the video in another thread.

Well, I agree that it should've been easier...but I also think they're trying to keep it secure, and not have it slide off like your convential "take it, and interchange" toys.

And I also think Microsoft would profit from cheap stuff like that...keep the price down, and give you choices as to what faceplate you want.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
You think it's bad where you at. I went to BB and they had nothing for 360 out except the demo unit. The guy told me that they couldn't sell anything til launch. They are opening up at midnight too, but I'll be no where near here when that happens. So anywho, I went to the Target a few steps away and checked out their video games and they had 0 360 stuff out and not even a demo unit. Anyway, I'll be going back home tomorrow and headed to Gamestop. Maybe I'll get my NBA2K6 then.

SuperPac

jobber said:
You think it's bad where you at. I went to BB and they had nothing for 360 out except the demo unit. The guy told me that they couldn't sell anything til launch. They are opening up at midnight too, but I'll be no where near here when that happens. So anywho, I went to the Target a few steps away and checked out their video games and they had 0 360 stuff out and not even a demo unit. Anyway, I'll be going back home tomorrow and headed to Gamestop. Maybe I'll get my NBA2K6 then.

I bought PGR3 at Target last night, but... I think I'll wait to purchase the rest of my stuff until Monday night @ Best Buy. Then I can get the Reward Zone points and benefit if they have any deals going on (didn't someone earlier say something about $10 off coupons? Hrm). :D

BlueTsunami

I went to my local Walmart and they had the fricken 360 off! I wanted to ask someone to turn it on but its amazing the blank stares that some of the employees will give you when you ask them to get a game from behind the glass case.....

So i'll probably end up getting the 360 without testing it out for myself. I personally feel that the Media Extender'esq functions that it has makes the purchase worth it, for me.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
The media features as far as streaming and how it won't store from mp3 players, etc. seem a little gimped to me. Maybe I just don't understand them fully yet. If that's a real interest though, you should look into a modded Xbox1. Amazing functionality.

So I went to EB to pick up Mario Kart and Project Gotham 3 was also in so I nabbed that.
I also got a play and charge kit and one of three wireless controllers that I ordered. Apparently there will be controller shortages... which is why I preordered but *GRUMBLE GRUMBLE*

BlueTsunami

FallenOne666 said:
Can you only stream video off a Media Center PC? If so, that's pretty gimped. =/

Yeah. I plan on "acquiring" MCE just for that feature. But not only does that suck (only streaming video of MCE PCs) but you can ONLY stream WMV encoded video. So that means only standard WMV files and WMV-HD files. I believe anything else (avi and all the rainbow of video files) are not supported even with Media Center Edition.

Sure, you can re encode everything to WMV format but most of my catalog of video files are avi's, mpeg and other shit. I'm really interesting in WMV-HD though and how it will look on my 60" Sony HDTV being streamed through the 360 i'll eventualy get.

Ryck

Just got back from Target and they had ALOT of stuff, Facelates, Pgr3, Kameo, and Madden, play and charge kits, and both wired and wireless controllers, they even had memory cards :) I think I might go back and get Madden on Friday.

Lo-Volt

Ryck said:
Just got back from Target and they had ALOT of stuff, Facelates, Pgr3, Kameo, and Madden, play and charge kits, and both wired and wireless controllers, they even had memory cards :) I think I might go back and get Madden on Friday.

How was the silver faceplate to you? Not that I would buy one, but I wonder if they look attractive in real life?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Truffle asked this, so just to confirm for everyone: Wireless controllers with the P+C kit will NOT double as a wired PC controller. The charge cable ONLY charges, whether it's hooked up to the 360 or a PC. It does not pass any data. So basically, even with a completely drained battery pack, if you connect to your 360 and start playing, the controller is still transmitting wirelessly. It's getting just enough charge from the 360 to do this.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
You can, which is the main draw of the whole thing, I guess. But the charge cable doesn't turn the wireless controller into a wired controller that you can use with a PC like a lot of people were expecting.

vatstep

Nice.. Walmart.com has already started shipping the bundles. My first Walmart shopping experience may yet be a positive one!

f_elz said:
they fucking cut me all the time... :<(

Just use a good pair of kitchen shears. They're designed to cut through bone. I used the pair out of my knife block after struggling with an mp3 player package, and they sliced through those heat welds like butter.

neptunes

I was actually looking @ that monitor two or so days ago.

It looks ok, they don't list the monitor's response time on the site though.

The 24" version actually comes with component inputs and is 720p, but costs a little more.

I went to Target today and walked out with $222 missing from my wallet. I picked up three wireless controllers, three rechargeable batteries, and one play and charge kit. $222 spent and I don't even have a console or games yet. I may end up returning two of those controllers though and get them later. Damn is that stuff expensive.

Top Bottom