• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Worldwide Launch Thread

Speevy

Banned
I have a question about Kameo.

Does it (or any other MS Games Studio game) come with demo content on the disk? Are they getting rid of that because of the limited format? I remember that most MS disks featured a playable demo or two.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Both core and premium come with a 30-day trial of Gold. Silver is obviously free for everyone.

Speevy said:

Does it (or any other MS Games Studio game) come with demo content on the disk? Are they getting rid of that because of the limited format? I remember that most MS disks featured a playable demo or two.
pgr3 comes with geometry wars :)

SuperPac

Speevy said:

But you can download those now, even if you have a Silver membership.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Nintendo X said:
Congratulations to whoever ratted me out to Microsoft.

Now he's mad at me, because I tried to share the final pic of the E3 faceplate.

I'm puzzled, because everyone posted the god damn retail unit of the system....

Its not like, I posted the god fucking damn review unit of Xbox 360 before launch, like this guy did:

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=71329

So why is Microsoft singling US out, and not the rest of you?

what the hell are you talking about?

Birbo

Thinking of getting the VGA cable but I'm not quite sure how to get sound out of my computer speakers with it. Is there some sort of Y adapter I can buy to make it work?

crunker99

Chittagong said:
what the hell are you talking about?

oooooooo Ms. Microsoft!!! Nintendox did a bad thing!! Ms. Microsoft!!!

ms hardly responds to legitmite requests much lless random tattles, u sure you got "ratted out?"

Congratulations to whoever ratted me out to Microsoft.

Now he's mad at me, because I tried to share the final pic of the E3 faceplate.

I'm puzzled, because everyone posted the god damn retail unit of the system....

Its not like, I posted the god fucking damn review unit of Xbox 360 before launch, like this guy did:

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=71329

So why is Microsoft singling US out, and not the rest of you?

Let me guess, Mr. Microsoft called your boss and had her fiance do bad things to you in the back office?

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
What's the word on Condemned? Is it still the new underdog hotness or is it an average title?

EDIT: I love you FallenOne666 <3 <3 <3

aparisi2274

So does anyone know what made it to stores today... So far I think just a bunch of the accessories... I know the EB right near my house has the systems, but they cant sell them until the 22nd. So anyone know if any of the games hit today? I was told that most stores should be getting Madden, PGR3, PD0, ect in today. Can anyone confirm?

crunker99 said:
ms hardly responds to legitmite requests much lless random tattles, u sure you got "ratted out?"
Psh. Yeah. I mean, they don't just come around and view the forums like a regular user.

Someone HAD to be behind this. But who the fuck cares? This person probbably had no life but to rat people out.
beermonkey@tehbias said:
Let me guess, Mr. Microsoft called your boss and had her fiance do bad things to you in the back office?
Its a he, man. Its a he.

And yes, Microsoft emailed my boss.

"I saw that, take it down"

swordsman

Banned
Beowolf said:
I am very dissapointed. It appears that if you dont have an HDTV then you really are getting xbox1.5

:(
you are not alone, but I am not dissapoint at all. I know that the graphics quality is better than what I have at this moment (xbox). Sony Wega 100 Hz TV 82 cm. I can live with it for now.
---------------------
Still no review of PDZ?

aparisi2274 said:
So does anyone know what made it to stores today... So far I think just a bunch of the accessories... I know the EB right near my house has the systems, but they cant sell them until the 22nd. So anyone know if any of the games hit today? I was told that most stores should be getting Madden, PGR3, PD0, ect in today. Can anyone confirm?

PGR3 should be there. i picked it up last night at wal mart. i called EB this morning and they had jsut got the shipment in for the morning and were unpacking the new releases. they werent sure if they got anything 360 related today

aparisi2274 said:

I noticed that many of the games on the Best Buy site have a release date of 11/17, so hopefully they'll be on the shelves tomorrow.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Called every Walmart, EG, and gamestop in my area. One Gamestop (NY) has games but is reserving them for preorders. EB (canada) says all EA titles will arrive tomorrow.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
ManaByte said:
Do you honestly think the 1080p standard PS3 will be any different?

He didn't say that, and stop putting words in Sony's mouth :p They weren't the ones making bold proclamations about minimum resolution policies and the like.

This is potentially a very serious problem for both systems. Unfortunately for them, MS has to deal with it first.

Joe

i dont think it'll happen to ps3 because companies will have a lot longer to work on launch games than companies did with 360 IMO. by the time ps3 launches, 360 2nd gen games will be out and it'll be pretty even.

Snaku

Banned
Beowolf said:
I am very dissapointed. It appears that if you dont have an HDTV then you really are getting xbox1.5

:(

ManaByte said:
Do you honestly think the 1080p standard PS3 will be any different?

Joe said:
i dont think it'll happen to ps3 because companies will have a lot longer to work on launch games than companies did with 360 IMO. by the time ps3 launches, 360 2nd gen games will be out and it'll be pretty even.

Huh?

Joe

companies developing ps3 launch games will have a longer time to optimize for SDTV's. by the time ps3 launches ps3/360 games should be about the same in terms of games still looking great in SD.

GhaleonEB

Joe said:
companies developing ps3 launch games will have a longer time to optimize for SDTV's. by the time ps3 launches ps3/360 games should be about the same in terms of games still looking great in SD.

This makes no sense.

Kon Tiki

Banned
truffleshuffle83 said:
ill trade you my copy of pgr3 straight up for your 360. overnight delivery :D
sure.

You can my360
@hotmail.ca

Joe said:
will 360 rips songs to the HD from an mp3 cd? will it even read an mp3 cd?
Let me check for you.

Edit: Yes, it can. Wait, it can only play them.

scarybore

iceDragon7 said:
Slightly off-topic but the power adapter for the Xbox 360 reminds me of the thing they use to suck up ghosts in Ghostbusters. :lol

xboxPSU-GB.jpg

Posted my fugimax here. :lol

And I cry over not being able to transfer over MP3s.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Joe said:
damn that sucks, wait cant you transfer mp3s via computer network? thanks for checking btw.
You can't store mp3s on your Xbox 360. The only way to store music on the hard drive is by ripping a CD.
Supporting mp3 on a very casual consumer device like the Xbox 360 can be very tricky legally.

PizzaFarmer

Blimblim said:
You can't store mp3s on your Xbox 360. The only way to store music on the hard drive is by ripping a CD.
Supporting mp3 on a very casual consumer device like the Xbox 360 can be very tricky legally.
An alternative is to buy a USB HDD, format a FAT32 partition, attach it to your PC and copy all your MP3s over, then plug it into your Xbox 360.

Rhindle

PizzaFarmer said:
An alternative is to buy a USB HDD, format a FAT32 partition, attach it to your PC and copy all your MP3s over, then plug it into your Xbox 360.
Or just network it with your PC, which is what Microsoft wants you to do. I honestly don't see much advantage of taking up space on the local hard drive.

well fifa 06 just came in ......im a soccer whore but i havent touched fifa in ages because of the greatness that winning eleven.

I need a soccer game tho.... argh .......cant resist....argh.........

Kabuki Waq said:
well fifa 06 just came in ......im a soccer whore but i havent touched fifa in ages because of the greatness that winning eleven.

Download the demo on day 1.... :D

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Rhindle said:
Or just network it with your PC, which is what Microsoft wants you to do. I honestly don't see much advantage of taking up space on the local hard drive.

not having your PC on all the time?

Will it stream from a networked HDD?

Osorio

Kabuki Waq said:

I know what you mean, it looks really good but at the same time that 1up review said it played worse than current-gen fifa. So yeah I guess we can just download the demo day 1 and see how it is from there because I haven't played a Fifa since Fifa 2003.

I went by Circuit City and saw then checking in a huge stack of various 360 games. I asked about preorders on Friday and they said "No!"

I managed to get some quantity numbers from a couple of places. One place is only receiving 13 units....yet they've taken over 200 preorders!!! I almost want to show up just to witness the riot. ;) Another place (one of the big retailers) has already received their alotted 45 units (roughly 1:3 ratio / $299:$399). This particular place is the one I plan on waiting in line at. As long as I'm not # 46, I'm guaranteed a system. :) Should be easy. At the PS2 launch, I managed to be about 8th in line.

EGM92

truffleshuffle83 said:
another game to stare at :(

dsc003267om.jpg

dsc003270ut.jpg

YOU THINK THAT'S BAD,? I HAVE THE X360 CONSOLE! Kameo, CoD2, AND the PD0 my friend sneaked out of her EB but I haven't even had a chance to play my own console! it's being auctioned off :(

Top Bottom