• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Worldwide Launch Thread

Mifune

Mehmber
Espio said:
360.jpg

No sleep for me this weekend.

That's a thing of beauty.

While watching the latest 1up show (great ep btw), I noticed that in all of the footage in nearly every 360 game, there is lots of tearing. Is this a real issue or something funky with 1up's video?

Anybody seen any reviews for Ridge Racer 6 or seen it in stores? I'm dying to pick this up and stare at it but couldn't find it anywhere today. Hopefully some reviews will go up today, I think someone at 1up was saying theirs was coming soon.

hlazzo

Gc-Freak said:
Well i also tried to download this demo but i quit. I downloaded about 50% and needed arround 2 hours... Hope they will fix it till launch.

I downloaded the demo this morning and it only took about 45 minutes.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
hgplayer1 said:
I still dont get the logic behind GIVING these things to celebrities. they fucking have money make them pay for that shit. Ive never wanted to buy anything because I saw some celebrity with it. stupid marketing people
trying to undo the damage the NY Post caused with the casuals :p

Link1110

OK, can someone explain to me what a Play & Charge kit does? I'm apparently getting one with my circuitcity.com bundle.

And just to double check, the premium pack comes with what lets me use composite (video, audio l&r,) right?

scarybore

Link1110 said:
OK, can someone explain to me what a Play & Charge kit does? I'm apparently getting one with my circuitcity.com bundle.

Includes a rechargeable battery and a wire to connect the wireless controller to the 360 so you can charge it. You can play while you are charging.

And just to double check, the premium pack comes with what lets me use composite (video, audio l&r,) right?

Yes, but you should try and get a better wire if your TV supports it.

snakeater

krypt0nian said:
No over the air tuner included.

Is a tuner needed to get HD from the X360?... HDTV-ready CRT's are cheap enough to fit in my budget but I heard they would not give in true HD signal unless an external tuner was connected... so does that means that if I plug my X360 through the component inputs the most I will get is 480p? :S

Jim

Looks like Microsoft is busy uploading trailers to XBL marketplace right this sec... Two versions of PGR3 (720p/480p @ 66MB/16MB respectively), and Kameo just popped up also. Free downloads obviously. This is in addition to the 400MB+ NBA Live demo.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
snakeater said:
Is a tuner needed to get HD from the X360?... HDTV-ready CRT's are cheap enough to fit in my budget but I heard they would not give in true HD signal unless an external tuner was connected... so does that means that if I plug my X360 through the component inputs the most I will get is 480p? :S
You'll be fine. "HD-Ready" just means that it doesn't have an internal tuner for picking up HD channels over the air. Otherwise, these sets are just as capable as any other HDTV.

snakeater

vatstep said:
You'll be fine. "HD-Ready" just means that it doesn't have an internal tuner for picking up HD channels over the air. Otherwise, these sets are just as capable as any other HDTV.

Uuuufff what a relief!...thanks!

Can't wait to have: new HDTV + Xdude 360 + Kameo + PD0 = Great holidays :D

hgplayer1

my prelaunch experience so far......

Every 10 minutes giveaway - Bust

I didnt really try too hard on this one. only managed to try a handful of codes.

Be the first to play contest - Bust

I didnt really want to move to Canada.

Best Buys Reward Zone members preorder offer - Bust

I got the email but couldnt even get to the order page that day.

WalMart.coms non bundle preorder - Bust

for $400 overnight shipping Id rather whore myself out at the midnight launch for a 360

CircuitCity.com 11-18 2PM EST preorder - Bust

internet nerds and Giants fans killed the sight as I watched order after order time out. I once got as far as the final step but it crashed again when I hit submit. sad thing was I was only going to have to pay like $58 for express shipping for a scheduled delivery of 11-22.

Im kinda glad none of the .com orders didnt work for me. Id almost rather just run all over town looking for one than be waiting for the FedEx or UPS guy all day on the 22nd. I hope my options pan out or Ill be staring at this wireless controller and 3 games for who knows how long? :(

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I just picked up all of my gear at Gamestop and got 10% off the entire order! I received a 10% off coupon from them in an email a few weeks ago. So I bought 6 games, a wireless controller, and a play and charge kit. Now, I just need teh system. By the way, the PDZ collector's edition case is HA-HA-HAWT!

SuperPac

I went to Best Buy this evening and they put out all of their Xbox 360 accessories. Live Kits (no refresh cards though or Marketplace point cards), controllers, cables, batteries, mem cards, everything. No games though. They had the preorder tickets in the area where the games will eventually go next to the Xbox 1 section.

So I picked up an extra wireless controller, the play n' charge, an extra battery (for the wireless that comes in the premium pack), the Hot Rod faceplate and the wireless networking adaptor. All I need now is the system and the rest of my game purchases.

What was kind of surprising is that I was the only person looking at the 360 accessories. This Best Buy gets a fair amount of foot traffic but it didn't look like anyone had touched the display at all since they'd put it up. When I went to check out, one of the other cashiers had been under the impression that the system doesn't come out for another week. There are no signs anywhere saying that this store is doing the midnight launch, either. We'll see if that means anything come Monday night.

Sh0k

My brother works at CompUSA in Miami, the one at Dadeland and they received their X360 shipment today, only 5 Premium and 3 Cores :-(

That was my second choice after Best Buy, but I think I will have to look somewhere else.

Tiktaalik

I was finally able to get my hands on an xbox 360 game. None of the places in my town were selling games or accessories before the 22nd, but finally Toys R Us started. I won the Be First to Play contest and I sold Kameo, so I was extra excited to get my hands on a game, since I've had a 360 since monday and the only game I've played on it is the NBA Live demo and I can't stand basketball (it looks great though). I was thinking I might have a tough time deciding whether to get Project Gotham Racing 3 or Ridge Racer 6, but Ridge Racer wasn't on the shelf so it was an easy decision.

Due to Canadian taxes, the game came out to $74.74 Canadian. UGH. I will be buying less games this gen for sure. Thankfully, Kameo subsidised it a bit.

So playing PGR3: It's awesome. Looks absolutely incredible. The "in the car view" is so awesome that you want to use it all the time. I think one of the best things about this game that I haven't heard many people talk about is the music. God damn the music is so good. I have a feeling I haven't even heard most of it, but in the alternative rock section I've heard Bloc Party and Death From Above 1979(!!!!) which alone is incredible. I know that Aphex Twin and Chemical Brothers are on there to somewhere. Also, classical music, which should be awesome. I tried to find a complete track listing, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Anyway, bottom line is that I'm not a huge racing game nerd. I think I only really own Mario Kart and Wipeout XL, but I bought this because it looked like the best damn game at launch and I've been hugely impressed so far. It's just so incredibly polished.

I was going to take some gloating photos of my TV playing it, but it's too dark in my living room and no photos turn out well. Does anyone have tips for taking photos of the TV?

I still find it amazing that I know what Major Nelson and Paul Bunyan are doing on LIVE right now....

Playing Perfect Dark Zero
Playing Mission 3 Secret Agent Co-Op Live

Too fucking cool!

Tiktaalik

krypt0nian said:
I still find it amazing that I know what Major Nelson and Paul Bunyan are doing on LIVE right now....

Playing Perfect Dark Zero
Playing Mission 3 Secret Agent Co-Op Live

Too fucking cool!

Why aren't they playing PGR3 :( I tried live a moment ago and there was no one online.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but the VGA cable apparently comes with a gender converter AND some kind of RCA to stereo-mini adapter for the audio cables. Not a bad deal.

GitarooMan said:
Anybody seen any reviews for Ridge Racer 6 or seen it in stores? I'm dying to pick this up and stare at it but couldn't find it anywhere today. Hopefully some reviews will go up today, I think someone at 1up was saying theirs was coming soon.
I bought it at Target tonight. I was really shocked they had it. I thought it wasn't shipping until the 22nd.

Tried 4 stores and none had the VGA cable. Has it not shipped yet?

vatstep

Rummy Bunnz said:
Tried 4 stores and none had the VGA cable. Has it not shipped yet?
It looks like it's going to be in pretty minimal supply. There isn't going to be much demand for it other than at launch, really.

*looks at the Joust achievements*

"Defeat 3 Pterodactyls in one game using default settings"

I think I've nailed one Pterodactyl in my entire life of playing Joust and that was entirely by luck.

Bebpo

Banned
How do you take off the plug & play wire thing from the controller? I can't find anything that would eject it and pulling softly isn't doing anything. You're not supposed to pull hard on the wire are you (you'd think that would break it ^^;)?

Joe

any user call of duty 2 online impressions? i played the demo again today and i loved it. if the multiplayers good i think im gonna buy it.

Jesiatha

Mr. Lemming said:
*looks at the Joust achievements*

"Defeat 3 Pterodactyls in one game using default settings"

I think I've nailed one Pterodactyl in my entire life of playing Joust and that was entirely by luck.

I think that the achievement actually tracks you defeating 3 over the life of the game, but I'm not sure. I got one today by accident (although I was playing on a different person's gamertag).

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Jim said:
You can pause/resume downloads yeah.
Not sure about the friend's list cap...

and to add afaik you can leave the marketplace and for example start listening to music and the download will still be going.

not sure if that's changed or not but it's what i heard

Argyle

DopeyFish said:
and to add afaik you can leave the marketplace and for example start listening to music and the download will still be going.

not sure if that's changed or not but it's what i heard

This is not true (at least not on the version of the dashboard that I tested it on)

Anyone else notice that RARE thanked "The Stampede Team" in the credits for Kameo?

So would that be:

1) Killer Instinct
2) New Banjo game
3) Sabreman Stampede

?

Top Bottom