• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Worldwide Launch Thread

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Just logged in on Xbox Live with my retail Xbox 360. There is already one game demo available, Nba Live 2006. Weighing a nice 495 Mbytes !
I'm downloading it now at a steady 90 kbytes/s.

.Abras.

Blimblim said:
Just logged in on Xbox Live with my retail Xbox 360. There is already one game demo available, Nba Live 2006. Weighing a nice 495 Mbytes !

Can you see the downloading speed? And does it support resume?

Because Xbox didn't suport resume and you couldn't see what was the speed when downloading a content.

swordsman

Banned
Deg said:
Is the dvd player on xbox 360 multi region?
---
The answer is NO

---
BlimBlim I am envy you.

Have you already seen my request for Friend-list for Live yet?

---14 days to go :(
-----------------------
Some score got this from www.gamefront.de
Edge magazine:
============
Project Gotham Racing 3 (Xbox 360, Microsoft): 9
Kameo: Elements of Power (Xbox 360, Microsoft): 7
Condemned: Criminal Origins (Xbox 360, Sega): 6
Call Of Duty 2 (Xbox 360, Activision): 7
Shadow of the Colssus (PS2, Sony): 8
Soul Calibur 3 (PS2, Namco): 8
Guitar Hero (PS2, RedOctane): 8
Rachet: Gladiator (PS2, Sony): 7
GTA: Liberty City Stories (PSP, Take-Two): 8
Mario Kart DS (NDS, Nintendo): 8
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (NDS, Capcom): 7
Sonic Rush (NDS, Sega): 7
Gunstar Super Heros (GBA, Sega): 6
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (Xbox/PS2/GC, Ubisoft): 7
Peter Jacksons King Kong (Xbox/PS2/GC, Ubisoft): 8
Stubbs the Zombie (Xbox, THQ): 6
Gun (Xbox/PS2/GC, Activision): 5
The Warriors (Xbox/PS2, Take-Two): 6
The Matrix Path of Neo (Xbox/PS2, Atari): 5

---
'Official Xbox Magazine' (OXM).
====================
Perfect Dark Zero (Xbox 360, Microsoft): 9
Kameo (Xbox 360, Microsoft): 9
Tony Hawk AW (Xbox 360, Activision): 7
Condemned (Xbox 360, Sega): 8
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06 (Xbox 360, EA): 7
Call of Duty (Xbox 360, Activision): 9
GUN (Xbox 360, Activision): 7
NBA Live (Xbox 360, EA): 6
Quake 4 (Xbox 360, Activision): 8

Zer0

Banned
ParisHilto_Caulf_6543975_600_400.jpg

JustinTimb_Caulf_6543974_600_400.jpg

hardcore gamers for sure

Jim

Blimblim said:

I downloaded the Kameo demo the other day, via the XDK Live network, and it was about 512 MBs and took 1.5 hours. Btw, my retail 360 XBL Gamertag is Jim GA

.Abras. said:
Can you see the downloading speed? And does it support resume?

Because Xbox didn't suport resume and you couldn't see what was the speed when downloading a content.

Yes, you can resume downloads, but no, you can't do much of anything while downloading via the Dashboard. As soon as you try to navigate from the screen it stops the download. I didn't see any sort of download speed reading.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Jim said:
I downloaded the Kameo demo the other day, via the XDK Live network, and it was about 512 MBs and took 1.5 hours. Btw, my retail 360 XBL Gamertag is Jim GA

Yes, you can resume downloads,

That fuckin rocks!!!

Yusaku

1.5 hours for 500MB? I hope whoever quoted that time had a shitty connection, because for $50 a year I'd expect those downloads to saturate my bandwidth.

Agent Icebeezy

Yusaku said:
1.5 hours for 500MB? I hope whoever quoted that time had a shitty connection, because for $50 a year I'd expect those downloads to saturate my bandwidth.

True, I'd knock that out in less than 10 minutes.

Gc-Freak

Banned
Blimblim said:

Well i also tried to download this demo but i quit. I downloaded about 50% and needed arround 2 hours... Hope they will fix it till launch.

Agent Icebeezy

PD0 is out, we will get impressions tonight. I need to get off of Halo 2. I've been playing every night

hgplayer1

Zer0 said:

I still dont get the logic behind GIVING these things to celebrities. they fucking have money make them pay for that shit. Ive never wanted to buy anything because I saw some celebrity with it. stupid marketing people

Zer0

Banned
hgplayer1 said:
I still dont get the logic behind GIVING these things to celebrities. they fucking have money make them pay for that shit. Ive never wanted to buy anything because I saw some celebrity with it. stupid marketing people

thats the thing,these ppl have A LOT OF MONEY,the got everything FREE,and they dont give a shit for the console

newsguy

Well, I went to my local EB to pick up Condemned, CoD2 ($10 rebate woohoo!) my second set of component cables, and the wireless controller. I noticed they had their demo set up so I played CoD2 and notices there was some seriously crappy image quility on this thing. Sure enough, I hit the menu button and it was running at 480i. being the HDTV whore that I am, I got into the display menu, had the guy flip the switch on the cables from TV to HDTV and made the transformation. Needless to say, it looked crisp and colors were nicer. I was joking with the guy cause he would not let me put in my retail copy into the kiosk, but when I went into the dash and looked through the game saves they had already played Madden, Kameo and PGR3 :lol Anyway, all I can do is stare at the Condemned box and hold the controller in my hand while I imagine the cries of hobos in pain :(

Jeff-DSA

newsguy said:
Well, I went to my local EB to pick up Condemned, CoD2 ($10 rebate woohoo!) my second set of component cables, and the wireless controller. I noticed they had their demo set up so I played CoD2 and notices there was some seriously crappy image quility on this thing. Sure enough, I hit the menu button and it was running at 480i. being the HDTV whore that I am, I got into the display menu, had the guy flip the switch on the cables from TV to HDTV and made the transformation. Needless to say, it looked crisp and colors were nicer. I was joking with the guy cause he would not let me put in my retail copy into the kiosk, but when I went into the dash and looked through the game saves they had already played Madden, Kameo and PGR3 :lol Anyway, all I can do is stare at the Condemned box and hold the controller in my hand while I imagine the cries of hobos in pain :(

Hehe, cool.

I'm picking up PDZ and PGR3 today. I already have Kameo and Call of Duty 2 here, but now that I heard I'm getting Kameo along with Madden 2006 from Pepsi, I'll probably go swap the Kameo I do have for either a DOA4 preorder or Tiger Woods 2006 today.

AssMan

Banned
I'm sure this was asked a million times already, but how much does the Samsung HDTV run around for and what's the specific name for that the 360 kiosk was using? Thank you.

Top Bottom