• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Worldwide Launch Thread

Joe

vatstep said:
The VGA cable actually comes with a gender changer as well as an RCA to stereo-mini adapter.
:lol, my friend feels dumb now...thanks :)

and ms just put up penny arcade picture packs. theres 2 packs, each pack is 200 credits. which is $2.50 i believe?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
hey, that preorder i placed at a local store worked out -- they're getting a couple units in on friday, and one of them is mine. i'm off to pick up a couple games after work.

1. fuck walmart and apx; if i end up with an extra i'll gladly ebay it

2. no lines for meeeeeee

TwIsTeD

Midnight EB thanks to my 'homies'....play the hell out of some PDZ and PGR with my boys.....then off to BB to get another system tomorrow morning....

EGM92

OMG! SOMEONE BROKE INTO MY HOUSE AND STOLE MY X360 GAMES!, which is fucking weird because they left the console... but FUCK! my CoD2, PD0, Kameo all gone :'( now I have nothing to play

Akia

EGM92 said:
OMG! SOMEONE BROKE INTO MY HOUSE AND STOLE MY X360 GAMES!, which is fucking weird because they left the console... but FUCK! my CoD2, PD0, Kameo all gone :'( now I have nothing to play

Wow, what a dumb robber. He'll come back for the console.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Finally saw a kiosk at BestBuy today.

Slurpy's impressions:

NFL2K6: Looked pretty shitty
COD2: Looked awesome. Awesome smoke!

Dashboard is well made. Controller is pretty good, not as comfortable as Wavebird IMO. Easily 2nd best controller Ive used though.

Id love to go more indepth, but
1: None of you give a hit.
2: I have nothing left to add.

Ramirez

NFL2K6: Looked pretty shitty

Werd,didn't know VC had a football franchise anymore...>.>

Anyways,I've got a spot,it's the tard pack,but the WM only got 4 $400 packs,so fuck it,I was the 2nd to last person to get there before all the seats were filled,and this was at 2 o' clock,one guy had been there since 5:30 AM...my mom is standing in for me while I take an online test for school :lol

BarneyBP

IAmTheFMan,

I can tell you the Wal-Mart in Oxford, Ohio (bout a 35 minute drive from Tri County) is going to announce where the Xbox 360 line will be formed at 9 pm, so you can't actually get in line until 9. Yes, one random department will be the home to the line. I'll be there, so if you make it over, give me a shout out. And bring Mario Kart DS.

Keep in mind this is a college town. I expect a mad dash to whatever department they announce, and I expect people to get hurt.

holy shit.. plano texas best buy had people there on sunday night -> monday morn.. i got there at 3pm monday and saw well over 250 people in line, so it was hopeless..

I went to a few walmarts.. and there getting 3 premium systems.. 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wtf?

Target in Frisco, Texas opens at 8am tommorow.. vouchers going out at 7am .. line starts? no idea when.. but ill go after i get off at gamestop midnight working and check :p

Dracos

PezRadar said:
holy shit.. plano texas best buy had people there on sunday night -> monday morn.. i got there at 3pm monday and saw well over 250 people in line, so it was hopeless..

I went to a few walmarts.. and there getting 3 premium systems.. 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wtf?

Target in Frisco, Texas opens at 8am tommorow.. vouchers going out at 7am .. line starts? no idea when.. but ill go after i get off at gamestop midnight working and check :p

This was the BB on I-75? What Wal-marts did you go to?

PezRadar said:

wtf?

How many systems did your target get?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It's raining harder, it's cold, I've got $400 tied up in a useless 2nd shipment, and I'm receiving threats against my lovely Seahawk team.

It's time for action.

It's time for resolve.

It's time for.... JACK BAUER TIME!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
G4TV actually has something on tonight that might be worth watching:

Join G4 on November 21 at 9 pm for 3.6 hours of Xbox 360 Nirvana live from New York, LA and Seattle. We've created a unique night of live programming featuring a groundbreaking blend of shows including X-Play, Icons, Cheat!, G4TV.com, and Cinematech. We'll also be featuring trailers of several Xbox 360 games that have never been seen before.

G4's own Morgan Webb, Adam Sessler, Geoff Keighley, Tina Wood, Laura Foy, Kristin Holt, Kevin Pereira, Eddie George and Sarah Lane will be stationed at launch night happenings around the country, interviewing dedicated fans who are waiting in line to be the first to buy the new Xbox 360, talking to luminaries at the Hollywood party, grilling Microsoft executives at the Seattle celebration and, of course, covering the superexclusive Zero Hour bash. In addition, X-Play brings fans their much anticipated first reviews of Xbox 360 launch titles, Icons reveals "The Making of the Xbox 360" and Cheat! gives fans their first look at new cheat codes, tips, and tricks for Xbox 360.
I'm sure this is going to be pretty terrible, but "launch coverage" is enough to catch my attention, and it might be interesting to see this stuff live. I wonder if we'll see any on-air parking lot hold-ups?

Dracos said:
This was the BB on I-75? What Wal-marts did you go to?

Yes this was Best buy off 75.. on parker Road..

The walmarts i went too were only 1.. :p

coit/spring creek

Target is getting 34 systems.. i believe.. 12-14 are premium rest are core.

border

Okay, I think I've got launch-night fever and I'd like to pick up a system -- only to check out the much-praised UI and play through Perfect Dark Zero's singleplaer. I don't care about whether I get a Core or Premium. I plan on selling it on eBay once I'm through with PDZ, and can hopefully at least break-even on the sale price if not turn a tidy profit. I'd almost prefer to get a Core package since that means I'll have to spend less. I guess if I get a Core I can return the memory card a few days later.

I don't want to camp out 'till midnight or wait in line. The most I'd be willing to do is get up early to wait for a 7-8 AM store opening. What's the best bet for a no-hassle pickup? A remote K-Mart? That's where I got a PS2 on launch day for a friend.

Nikashi

Banned
7:50 am tomorrow... cannot come soon enough. I even cleared out all the wiring garbage behind my TV so the powersupply has LOTS of breathing room. Should be fine now.

border said:
Okay, I think I've got launch-night fever and I'd like to pick up a system -- only to check out the much-praised UI and play through Perfect Dark Zero's singleplaer. I don't care about whether I get a Core or Premium. I plan on selling it on eBay once I'm through with PDZ, and can hopefully at least break-even on the sale price if not turn a tidy profit. I'd almost prefer to get a Core package since that means I'll have to spend less. I guess if I get a Core I can return the memory card a few days later.

I don't want to camp out 'till midnight or wait in line. The most I'd be willing to do is get up early to wait for a 7-8 AM store opening. What's the best bet for a no-hassle pickup? A remote K-Mart? That's where I got a PS2 on launch day for a friend.

Oh damn.. i doubt you can find one.. ive never seen a launch this bad.. this is worse then PS2 launch in my area by 50 folds..

I'd say.. a no name store u think people wont go too.. compusa?

some stuff like that.. even our Fry's is only getting like 20.. which is sadly low.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Nikashi said:
7:50 am tomorrow... cannot come soon enough. I even cleared out all the wiring garbage behind my TV so the powersupply has LOTS of breathing room. Should be fine now.
I couldn't even fit the power supply behind my TV if I wanted to. There's a nice vacant spot next to my TV stand, however..that's where it'll go.

border

PezRadar said:
CompUSA was full of parking-lot campers for PS2, I doubt that one would fly. It's no big deal if I can't get one really....but this will probably be my only chance to grab one and play it for free (or with added profit from eBay sale).

What's it look like at local Wal-Marts? Are they selling at midnight?

border said:
CompUSA was full of parking-lot campers for PS2, I doubt that one would fly. It's no big deal if I can't get one really....but this will probably be my only chance to grab one and play it for free (or with added profit from eBay sale).

They are but there allocations nationwide have been so fkin shitty.. whcih im amazed at..

MS really hates them or something.

VALIS

border said:

You need to read this thread if you haven't yet:

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=72303

Many reports of lines up to 250 people already this afternoon at various parts around the country. Looks very grim if you're not in line already, but good luck. If I didn't manage to luck out with one online, I'd be out there right now myself.

Dracos

PezRadar said:
Oh damn.. i doubt you can find one.. ive never seen a launch this bad.. this is worse then PS2 launch in my area by 50 folds..

some stuff like that.. even our Fry's is only getting like 20.. which is sadly low.

The guy at Fry's just told me they will have about 40 systems. They aren't letting people camp there. 1 system per family at 8:00 am.

Gantz

Banned
I got a question: Can't you just buy a core pack and buy the other accessories seperately or will the acessories like hard drives etc.. be in short supply?

Yusaku

Gantz said:
I got a question: Can't you just buy a core pack and buy the other accessories seperately or will the acessories like hard drives etc.. be in short supply?

You're not very good at math are you?

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Gantz said:

you cant get the chrome disc drive if you want that. Plus, I think it winds up costing more for everything. Other than that, its not a bad idea.

Lo-Volt

Gantz said:
Not really plus I'm too lazy to look up all the prices.

360 Core for $299.99, hard drive for $99.99, HD connections, either component or VGA, $39.99 before taxes. I mean if you have to do that to get a a 360 tonight and you really want to do it, I guess you'd have to swallow the cost.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Lo-Volt said:
360 Core for $299.99, hard drive for $99.99, HD connections, either component or VGA, $39.99 before taxes. I mean if you have to do that to get a a 360 tonight and you really want to do it, I guess you'd have to swallow the cost.

plus the wired controller. Its not called the tard pack for nothing.

BarneyBP said:
IAmTheFMan,

I can tell you the Wal-Mart in Oxford, Ohio (bout a 35 minute drive from Tri County) is going to announce where the Xbox 360 line will be formed at 9 pm, so you can't actually get in line until 9. Yes, one random department will be the home to the line. I'll be there, so if you make it over, give me a shout out. And bring Mario Kart DS.

Keep in mind this is a college town. I expect a mad dash to whatever department they announce, and I expect people to get hurt.

Yeah, you're probably in line already but I already pre-ordered at a Gamerush... just waltz in tomorrow and pick it up. I was just kinda wondering to see if there was any of the insanity at all in town since I remember during the PS2 launch, it got really really crazy.

God speed waiting in line man. :)

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
IAmtheFMan said:
Yeah, you're probably in line already but I already pre-ordered at a Gamerush... just waltz in tomorrow and pick it up. I was just kinda wondering to see if there was any of the insanity at all in town since I remember during the PS2 launch, it got really really crazy.

God speed waiting in line man. :)

Me too, thank God.

Good luck Barney.

Docpan

I just poned a line of people waiting for X360 as I was walking into CompUSA to get a Wireless router.

*Me walking in from the cold rain*: "Great night to wait in line, eh?"

*Them, obviously feeling cold and lonely*: "...Yeah."

-----10 Minutes later --------

*Me walking out*: "Enjoy your Xbox 1.5's!"

*Them, now feeling both cold and p0ned*: " ..... :'("

XBOXERS AM CRY!!!
EVEN G4 SAYS NO.
SEEMS OVER FOR MS
SONY FUCK ROX.

border

What's the deal with FYE? Did they do pre-orders? Could I get a system just by slipping into the mall when it opens?

VALIS said:
Many reports of lines up to 250 people already this afternoon at various parts around the country. Looks very grim if you're not in line already, but good luck. If I didn't manage to luck out with one online, I'd be out there right now myself.
Grim? C'mon....yeah, if you go to friggin' Best Buy of course there's going to be a ton of people outside (particularly the ones that are selling at midnight instead of making people sleep in their damned parking lot). That's because it's Best Buy, the most widely recognized electronics retailer around.

I hit up 1 Wal-Mart and they had like 15 people in a line...of course I wasn't really about to sit on a Wal-Mart floor for 3 1/2 hours. :lol

I talked to the people at KMart and it sounded kinda sketchy. They said they are expecting a truck in the morning. I asked if they expected a big crowd and the girl said "Probably not, nobody ever thinks to come here." Poor morale at those stores ;) The only thing worrisome is that they didn't have any 360 games or accessories on shelves. How big of an allotment are they going to give to a store that didn't order any other stuff? Or maybe it's all coming in one big shipment.

Docpan said:
I just poned a line of people waiting for X360 as I was walking into CompUSA to get a Wireless router.

*Me walking in from the cold rain*: "Great night to wait in line, eh?"

*Them, obviously feeling cold and lonely*: "...Yeah."

-----10 Minutes later --------

*Me walking out*: "Enjoy your Xbox 1.5's!"

*Them, now feeling both cold and p0ned*: " ..... :'("

XBOXERS AM CRY!!!
EVEN G4 SAYS NO.
SEEMS OVER FOR MS
SONY FUCK ROX.

You should have yelled
SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
civilstrife said:
You should have yelled
SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE

:lol :lol :lol i knew what was under that spoiler tag before even highlighting it :lol

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Hmm.. I'm thinking of dropping by Best Buy tomorrow morning on the off-chance they have some left. Wouldn't mind waiting 1/2 hr or so if it can tide me a nice ebay profit.

SonnyBoy

Before I go to pickup my system I have a question.

If I use component cables does that mean I need an optical cord for my sound or am I confusing component with composite?

Holy shit, this launch is crazy.

40 people at my Best Buy at 9pm (12 hours to go!), many of them IN TENTS, waiting for 44 premium systems. The guy working the door admitted to me that 15 systems were being held for employees and 'VIP' Reward Zone members. I went outside and shared the news with the queued-up gamers and they went batshit insane (one guy was SCREAMING about how he had earned $400 in Reward Zone certificates this year and that IT HAD TO BE ILLEGAL that he didn't get an advance reservation). I jumped in the car and sped away as the riot was breaking out. Not kidding.

For comparison, for the PS2 lauch there were about five people waiting outside at midnight, and all you had to do to secure a system was be there by 6am when they gave out tickets (and several gamers without tickets still scored systems at 10am).

Sysgen

I just stopped over at my local Best Buy here in Jersey. I was planning to go around 4 am but I thought I would check it out and I'm glad I did. Saved me an early wake up call.Now bear in mind there is a mini hurricane here. It's pooring cats and dogs and it's about 45 degrees and the store doesn't open for 10 hours. There are already 50 people lined up and that's about the allocation for the morning. It just doesn't get anymore hardcore than this. Bill Gates should personally visit this line.

Now bear in mind there is a mini hurricane here. It's pooring cats and dogs and it's about 45 degrees and the store doesn't open for 10 hours. There are already 50 people lined up and that's about the allocation for the morning. It just doesn't get anymore hardcore than this.

Wow, that's crazy hardcore!

I wonder how the demand is at other retailers in states across the US. This is getting really interesting.

Top Bottom