• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Worldwide Launch Thread

hgplayer1

The Faceless Master said:
hey, so if PGR3 was supposed to be the "launch gem", "must have game", "best of show" etc...

WHY IS EVERYONE PLAYING PERFECT DARK ZERO???

oh, cuz it's more fun.

um yeah. I dont have a 360 but I can tell you that most of the people on these forums arent going to play a whole lot of PGR3 no matter how good it is. with all the questions surrounding PD Im sure everyone is wanting to find out for themselves how the game is. if I had my 360 Id be playing the hell outta PGR!

I went searching everywhere for an Xbox360 couldn't find one:( The guy at my local Gamestop said they wouldn't be getting anymore till February or March! Which I'm sure is BS since everywhere else I went (Target, Wal-Mart, Comp USA etc) said about 2-3 weeks. I went to Radioshack and they said that they could order me one but I'd have to get a $720 bundle deal:(

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Synbios459 said:
I went searching everywhere for an Xbox360 couldn't find one:( The guy at my local Gamestop said they wouldn't be getting anymore till February or March! Which I'm sure is BS since everywhere else I went (Target, Wal-Mart, Comp USA etc) said about 2-3 weeks. I went to Radioshack and they said that they could order me one but I'd have to get a $720 bundle deal:(

:lol :lol :lol i would have bust out laughing in his face when he said 720 bucks to me

Didn't see this posted yet so if old ignore it. :D

22_3.JPG

GCQuinton

Got mine today, but already ran into some complications. All of the functions in my system's Dashboard and Xbox Live stuff work fine, but I have yet to get a full game session in with an actual 360 game because the screen begins to scramble and get distorted around 15 or 20 minutes into any 360 game (doesn't freeze like some of the stories I've been hearing, it just scrambles). I've tried my copy of Madden NFL 06, as well as the Kameo and NBA Live demos and all of them have the same result. On the other hand, all of the BC supported Xbox titles work. If it isn't the cables (Component HDAV on an HDTV with HDTV switched), I'm thinking it's a defective unit but I'm not sure. I haven't seen anyone talking about this specficially, but is anybody else having this problem?

Joe

anyone have any idea why my right analog doesnt work when im zooming in pd0? it works fine when im walking around normal but the second i zoom i cant move my crosshair at all. it wasnt like this yesterday, i changed batteries too...same thing.

Xenon

I can't seem to finish the NBA Live demo download. After about 10 mins it just drops back to the select screen and I have a checkmark by the demo.

Also, did anyone buy the wireless adapter?

golem

Xenon said:
I can't seem to finish the NBA Live demo download. After about 10 mins it just drops back to the select screen and I have a checkmark by the demo.
The checkmark just means you've "bought" it i think ... so you can download it again. my download worked fine, but after playing the demo, i'm quite sure im going with 2K6.. :D

I haven't seen it anywhere... kind of want one just to get the cables out of the way, even though its a crazy rip off ($100 right?)

Xenon

I haven't seen it anywhere... kind of want one just to get the cables out of the way, even though its a crazy rip off ($100 right?)

Yeah I have a PC in my livingroom with a wireless card that I am sharing the network connection w my 360. It also acts as a media server for that TV. I'm hoping to use the 360 as a replacement. My wife won't have no problem with the 100 bucks it would take to get the PC out of there. =)

J2 Cool

Hmm.. considering the crazy demand and people still searching, could we see a 2nd type of mini launch? Meaning lines all over again, when the second shipment starts hitting these stores next tuesday. At least I'm assuming the shipments should be in by then, right? And also, is the stand alone hard drive as hard to find as the system? I see those selling for $200+ on Ebay. That's $100 profit a piece.

VALIS

The more time I spend with the 360, the more it's impressing me even beyond how I thought it might. The whole Live/Arcade/demos/trailers thing is amazing, it's gonna wring so much more use out of this console during the dead periods. And being able to hit one button on the remote and select your own music to play in ANY game will never get tired. Was just playing Ridge Racer 6 to Cheap Trick's Dream Police album. :D

Joe

my 360 time gets divided evenly by dashboard use and actual 360 game use. the dashboard is beyond awesome.

edit: my 360 locked up on me again today. this time it was after i hit the guide buttong and hit Y to bring up the dashboard. it asked me if i wanted to leave my game (pd0). i highlighted adn selected yes and it locked up. had to restart.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Joe said:
my 360 time gets divided evenly by dashboard use and actual 360 game use. the dashboard is beyond awesome.

edit: my 360 locked up on me again today. this time it was after i hit the guide buttong and hit Y to bring up the dashboard. it asked me if i wanted to leave my game (pd0). i highlighted adn selected yes and it locked up. had to restart.

will they be able to send firmware updates via LIVE/DVD?

Argyle

So I spent over 45 minutes on hold this afternoon (after spending 30 minutes on hold this morning before giving up) trying to get my defective hard drive replaced. Once I finally got a human, I was asked to do the normal troubleshooting steps ("are all the cables plugged in?") and then was put on hold for another 10-15 minutes once it was obvious that this wasn't another "video cable not plugged in" call.

After all that, it turns out that today, the computers at the Microsoft call center are not yet set up to process X360 returns, at least not for the hard drive. So I get to call back tomorrow. :p

mrklaw

MrArseFace
*that* is the way to get a console on launch day. Find out where the head honcho will be with film crews and photographers. They will have shitloads of units - no way will they wan't 'crying child' photos to take precedence over 'huge queue of happy punter' photos.

Where did the big Sony guys go for the PS2 launch?

Fowler

So the only way I may be able to get a 360 is as part of a -- wait for it -- 14 game bundle. And the bundle will be at a massive premium to boot.

Taking the bundle apart and selling it on eBay to fund the purchase has been mooted, but... what's the game supply like right now in stores? I've heard accessories are sold out, but what about games? A quick check on eBay wasn't good, because most games seemed to be going for less than list price.

swordsman

Banned
thorns said:
but doesn't the power supply convert it into DC anyway? or the xbox 360 unit itself takes 110/220V directly? that was my question..

Maybe you are right..
Maybe the PSU will convert to a low voltage, but I am not sure about.
I don't know if the Xbox360 can except 110VAC and 220VDC??
Does the xbox360 has got an automatically switcher for voltage??

All consoles I have got >the most of them are (DC>Saturn>GC>PSX,SNES>Genesis,MEgaCD)>NTSC 110 VAC except my Pal xbox.

Most of them use a stepdown converters>>
220 VDC in-----(stepdown converter)------>output voltage --Console

Xenon said:

I have the wireless adapter, works great (running on 802.11g). It actually supports 802.11a, but I don't have a router for that. I got mine at Target for what it's worth.

Bebpo said:
Story mode or Multiplayer?

I tried the story mode and thought the first training level was pretty horrid. Didn't even finish it before turning it off and trying something else. :\

I thought the training level for PD0 was pretty meh too, hopefully it picks up. One thing that didn't impress was that there was some screen tearing (ala Metal Arms) which sort of sucks.

Foil

A few random thoughts after playing 360 today.

1) Kameo is a gorgeous game. Even on my standard TV, the game is stunning. I was suprised, the videos on the web don't do it justice.

2) Xbox Live Arcade is too addicitng. Whatever that game is that comes free on the HDD, I played for a few hours. Actually a lot of fun. I could see myself spending quite a bit on XBLA games in the future.

3) I love the blades and just the whole setup of the dashboard, really nice work.

swordsman

Banned
All the frozen stories and the other malfunctioning get me scary.
Just the like dead pixel on the PSP. I have made a lot of concern, before I got a package with my PSP>>no dead pixel.

Now with this :(
So MS has not utilized the burning test to the max.

If you missed your opportunity to get one, or you're too broke to afford one, here's one more chance...

Sweepstakes to have 60 winners over 60 days

DOTHAN, Ala., Nov. 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Movie Gallery, Inc. (Nasdaq: MOVI - News), announced a sweepstakes offer to coincide with the launch of the Microsoft Xbox 360 gaming console. The sweepstakes will reward 60 winners in 60 days with an Xbox 360. With demand sure to exceed supply during the launch, Movie Gallery stores will provide 60 lucky winners with one of the most sought after items for the upcoming holiday season.

Starting on Nov. 8, 2005, and continuing until Jan. 6, 2006, one winner will be selected every day to receive a brand new Xbox 360. To enter the sweepstakes, simply visit one of the 2,750 Movie Gallery branded stores throughout the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) and rent a video game. Each day a member rents one or more games from a Movie Gallery store that member will automatically be entered into the drawing. The more a customer rents a game, the more chances he or she has to win.

Press Release

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
So I tried Mortal Kombat Deception last night. After DL the patch it booted up fine but once I did a quick round, the slowdown was AWFUL. The framrate dropped to shit and I ended up losing becuase when I did a move, it went in slow motion. :(

IJoel

Oni Jazar said:
Anyone try GTA: San Andreas on the 360? I'm afraid to even ask. :lol

I haven't tried any GTA games yet.

I've tried the following:
- Ninja Gaiden - No longer 60 fps, and at times, the framerate takes a huge hit.
- Fable - Playable, but the framerate is worse than the original and at times quite choppy.
- Halo - Smooth as butter.
- Panzer Dragoon Orta - As the list indicated, it's not currently supported.
- Phantom Dust - As the list indicated, it's not currently supported.

Framerate aside, the games that are supported do look quite a bit better on Hi-Def with AA. I'll try some more tonight. Any requests, besides GTA games?

J2 Cool said:
:lol :lol :lol What a HORRIBLE decision by Microsoft to split with a premium and retard pack. Sounds like absolute chaos. Not only do you have to get the system, but you have to hope you're not getting the retard one. Can you imagine the pissed off people around the US right now? Ridiculous. Not only that, but from what I hear the HDD accessories are in short supply. A buddy of mine who buys and sells shit all the time.. HDTV's, ornaments, anything that will make him a profit ..But anyway, he bought 17 Hard drives at $100. Sold them each on Ebay for $200. Crazy profit.

maybe if people wouldn't buy them 17 at a time, they wouldn't be in short supply.

Link

The Autumn Wind
mrklaw said:
Where did the big Sony guys go for the PS2 launch?
The Metreon, I would assume.

EDIT -
Ninja Scooter said:
maybe if people wouldn't buy them 17 at a time, they wouldn't be in short supply.
Seriously, who are the retards that let him do this?

WordofGod

Banned
Link said:
Seriously, who are the retards that let him do this?

I know what you mean. My wife was upset that the guy behind me @ Costco already had bought his 360 2 hours earlier @ Bestbuy and was now going to buy another one just to sell on Ebay. This is why people cannot find systems, because of people like him.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I know I probably shouldn't get Madden, but I still want to see how the League will turn out this year.

StRaNgE

Banned
IS ANYONE HAVING CONTROLLER ISSUES?

I bought an xtra wirless controller and the B button is not right. it's all flat feeling , unlike the other buttons.

also on the one that came in the box the left trigger squeeks when i pull it.

anyone know a quick fix for these or should i wait till walmart gets more wirless controllers in and go swap it out?

Rodriguez

StRaNgE said:
IS ANYONE HAVING CONTROLLER ISSUES?

I bought an xtra wirless controller and the B button is not right. it's all flat feeling , unlike the other buttons.

also on the one that came in the box the left trigger squeeks when i pull it.

anyone know a quick fix for these or should i wait till walmart gets more wirless controllers in and go swap it out?

I had an issue yesterday with my extra controller. I was trying to recover my XBL account and the controller kept crapping out when I was typing in my information. I switched to the controller that came with the system bundle and it worked fine. WTF?

hgplayer1

I bought an extra controller before launch and it doesnt do anything. i press the guide button and the lights just keep blinking.

I guess it would help if I had a 360

neptunes

I just realized the controller still drains batteries even after you turn it and the console off.

Take them out after you use them.

Nutter

hgplayer1 said:
I bought an extra controller before launch and it doesnt do anything. i press the guide button and the lights just keep blinking.

:(
I wish i had got those extra's that i was suppose to get; Then i would have sold one to you.

fse

neptunes said:
I just realized the controller still drains batteries even after you turn it and the console off.

Take them out after you use them.

you can turn of the controller from the dash. hold the guide button and select turn off.

SuperPac

hgplayer1 said:

Yes, it would. You have to bind the controller to the 360 first. You hit the li'l button the front of the machine, then the li'l button on the topside of the controller and then they "find" each other.

Top Bottom