• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Worldwide Launch Thread

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
take this for what it's worth but

I went to Gamestop to get my deposit back and they tried to keep me on the list by telling me that MS sent a memo to all Gamestop stores this morning saying the 2nd shipment would be in before December 15th. Not sure if it was BS or what. Then I told them I got one at Wal Mart. I was met with a "Awesome, here's your money back"

Rhage

neptunes said:
I just realized the controller still drains batteries even after you turn it and the console off.

Take them out after you use them.
Wtf, that better not be true.

And does the controller shut itself off after x minutes of inactivity or anything?

Economan

Has anyone heard of the story of the guy who was the first to buy an xbox 360 at some store. After his purchase, he brought his XB360 infront of all the people waiting outside, and proceeded to smash the console into oblivian using a sludge hammer. lol, what a synical bastard.

Economan said:
Has anyone heard of the story of the guy who was the first to buy an xbox 360 at some store. After his purchase, he brought his XB360 infront of all the people waiting outside, and proceeded to smash the console into oblivian using a sludge hammer. lol, what a synical bastard.

You read that on Gamefaqs?

Windows Media Center thing is now Up and running. Although I don't know how to connect my pc to it. I hope someone else does and lets me know how.

(Yes I do have XP service pack 2)

jobber

anyone know how to put music on the hard drive? (I do the streaming thing now)

jobber

iceDragon7 said:
Windows Media Center thing is now Up and running. Although I don't know how to connect my pc to it. I hope someone else does and lets me know how.

(Yes I do have XP service pack 2)

Install the Windows Media Connect. After install, choose a folder to share stuff and let the xbox have access to it.

It's a strange program. I tried it on my desktop PC and it couldn't find the xbox. I installed it on my laptop and it found the xbox. My XP firewall is off so I'm not sure wtf is going on. So it's getting music from my desktop PC, through my wireless network through my laptop to the xbox.

does anyone know how to stream music in itunes, when i look for streaming music it only shows the stuff microsoft included in my pc. my itunes folder is in my music folder, i dont know why it doesnt see it??

jobber said:
Install the Windows Media Connect. After install, choose a folder to share stuff and let the xbox have access to it.

It's a strange program. I tried it on my desktop PC and it couldn't find the xbox. I installed it on my laptop and it found the xbox. My XP firewall is off so I'm not sure wtf is going on. So it's getting music from my desktop PC, through my wireless network through my laptop to the xbox.

Thanks but that still isn't working so far. =/

edit - How do I allow my xbox to have access?
I've gone to the last option in the dashboard - System - Test Media Connection
It reads my connection but can't find my PC.

jobber

truffleshuffle83 said:
does anyone know how to stream music in itunes, when i look for streaming music it only shows the stuff microsoft included in my pc. my itunes folder is in my music folder, i dont know why it doesnt see it??

did you tell it to share your own folder and not the My Music, My Pictures, ect. folders?

no i just downloaded the .exe and clicked next all the way thru. i didnt see a place where it asked what folders you wanted to share specifically?? where would that be??

xbox.com has hated me since last night
Server is Unavailable

Troubleshooting Tips
* The web server may be too busy to accept your request. Try again at a later time.
* Click the Refresh button, or try again later.
* Go back to Xbox.com Home.

=(

jobber

truffleshuffle83 said:
no i just downloaded the .exe and clicked next all the way thru. i didnt see a place where it asked what folders you wanted to share specifically?? where would that be??

After you install it, go to start/programs/windows media connect You should be able to set it up there.

PhatSaqs

Banned
iceDragon7 said:
When I go to my Windows media connect. I click on Devices but their is nothing there.
Should I see my xbox 360 there somehow?
Yeah you should see it there. Make sure it's already connected to your network.

Welp, looks like no 360 for me for Thanksgiving =( I was only able to get my hands on a core unit on launch day and now it looks like my premium unit which was due to arrive today isn't going to be here. UPS has screwed me over on this one. There's been no update since yesterday morning and it's supposed to be delivered today. This totally sucks.

jobber

truffleshuffle83 said:
you would think with all my itunes music being in my music folder in a subfolder it would recognize them

Yep, I have over 1000 music folders and it located them all by the ID tag

mxz

I'm guessing I won't be able to hook the 360 with my mac for streaming music and videos, right? You need some kind of a special Windows for that? Bah. Whatever, there is always the original Xbox with XBMC for all our streaming needs.

i have a question for anyone who has tried so far.

i have a sony hd-tv, and wanted to know about getting the best possible picture. do i just plug in the component cables and flip the switch to hd? is there anything else i need to do? thanks in advance.

KarishBHR

Everything with my 360 is amazing. Its quiet, and I know thios sounds like its not a big deal... but I have a home theatre, so the ability to turn off and on the system with the controller or remote is incredible!

I really need to get CoD and PDZ

newsguy

If anyone here owns Madden, can you tell me if it has rumble? I have CoD2 and Condemned and both rumble, but Madden doesn't do it at all. It sounds stupid, I know, but you'd be surprised at how much more involved you feel when it's there. Hit Stick just isn't the same

:(

hadareud

The Translator
PezRadar said:

reports on this differ quite a bit though. Some say it's loud, some say it's quiet. Some say it's hot, some say it's not.

Could it have anything to do from which factory they come?

Joe

my 360 is loud. if i play without surround sound and just tv speakers i can hear the fans spinning away even when its not loading anything. ive also had my 360 lock up on me twice and if i play a game long enough discs come out of the tray HOT. yeah, so im fucked. i gotta get the microsoft 2 year warranty, anyone know how long we have to add it on?

off-topic: what tweaks would you guys add to the xbl dashboard? i know its being greedy but theres still a couple things that bug me about the dashboard. one thing id really like to see them add is for private chats to hold more than 2 people. i was sad when i found out last night that private chats were only meant for 2 people, and couldnt add any more.

edit: anyone know how to disable autorun? i want my 360 to boot to the dashboard every time.

J2 Cool

Ninja Scooter said:
maybe if people wouldn't buy them 17 at a time, they wouldn't be in short supply.

I think you're right, but what can I do now? He's not even really a buddy.. more of an aquantince(sp?). Hell, he even kind of smells and isn't too good of a person. I more just know of him..

Bebpo

Banned
KarishBHR said:
Everything with my 360 is amazing. Its quiet, and I know thios sounds like its not a big deal... but I have a home theatre, so the ability to turn off and on the system with the controller or remote is incredible!

hehehe, yeah that's almost my favorite part of the system :) I'm so lazy :p

Bebpo

Banned
Mrbob said:
Need for Speed Most Wanted demo is out.

Downloading it right now.

963 megs!

936!? Damnit, I'm going to have to start deleting things within a month at this rate.

Is there any word on if MS is going to sell a larger HDD (100gig or so)? Though I fear to imagine the accesory price for it >_<

Fifty

Can we delete the videos that MS preinstalled on the HDD? I don't want to keep that 360 PR video, or the Titanic one, and I'd rather not have them take up the space.

hyp

Fifty said:
Can we delete the videos that MS preinstalled on the HDD? I don't want to keep that 360 PR video, or the Titanic one, and I'd rather not have them take up the space.

yup, just go into the MEMORY settings tab on the last blade.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Fifty said:

yep. they would free up like 1.6 gigs of space too.

Joe

thanks for the heads up! damn...gonna be at 9gb after this download. did they speed up downloads yet or is it gonna be like this forever? 800mb nba live demo took an hour :(

maybe i should wait to download this while lost is on.

jobber

truffleshuffle83 said:
still cant get it to play the songs i ripped in itunes, even after adding my itunes folder or an individual artist folder

Is it AAC? It's a patch on the marketplace (free) that lets you play protected AAC files.

i downloaded it, but the patch is only for playing protected music from a portable device . im talking just purely streaming from my pc to the 360 all of my music from itunes

fuck appearantly it only supports wma, mp3 and wav over streaming. mother fuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiktaalik

Mrbob said:
Jesiatha Live Arcade needs to add a new section with notices when new games are available!

Yes this would be good. I have a feeling that the major gaming sites/magazines won't follow arcade games as well as regular games, so there should be a release list on xbox live.

Top Bottom