• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Officially Approved Competitive Fighting Game Thread

UC1 said:
I'm wondering if people will just stick with their SF4 mains for the first tourneys or switch straight away. tbh I probably won't switch right away.

I hear Luffy's switching mains mainly because of Rose's backdash nerf. Some others are interested in 3.3 characters, and Hakan already has die-hard fans ready to bring him to the top.

Coeliacus

UC1 said:
I'm wondering if people will just stick with their SF4 mains for the first tourneys or switch straight away. tbh I probably won't switch right away.

ibukiandmakotoavatar.gif

I will. :)
I was never comfortable with stock SF4 characters, specifically the arcade characters, since those were the only ones taken seriously around here.

Many BB players in here? CS is really good so far, looking forward to it's console release as much as SSF4. I've just been sitting at the front desk at our ranbats because I don't care so much for vanilla SF4 or CT.

For anyone curious about the Australian SF4 scene, this is what we got up to last Friday night in Melbourne. Closest I think we've come to barfights. :)
http://www.shadowloo.com/?p=1089

Haunted

oh wow :lol

on a related note, I didn't know Soul Calibur was so reviled, and I have never heard of the Melty Blood game before.

I'm so out of the loop. >_<

hteng

Banned
arstal said:
Yeah, SC4 had a LOT of scrubs. But it had plenty of good players also. It was the 2nd best selling fighting game this gen. That means a large community.

The question is (if, which I believe it will) SC5 is made, how much of that community will stay, especially if they try to make it more serious?

Wasn't a fan of CF being made more difficult. I'd rather have seen it buffed on some low tier chars.

Really, all SC5 needs to me is
-better balancing
-some + on block moves to encourage offense
-a little more variety on chars

that's it

i disagree on adding more advantage on blocked moves, you have to consider ranges as well, it's different than say.. Tekken or VF where 90% of the time you are fighting at close quarters, there's close, mid, long, each character has their strength at a particular range. SC4 also has movement, tech crouch moves, tech jump moves, evasion moves to help mitigate negative or neutral frames.
There are indeed moves that have advantage on block, mostly just-frames moves ie: Nightmare's iAga (+2 on block) or delayed Aga (+8 on block).
Another thing with adding advantage for blocked moves will seriously screw punishments, as some slower characters ie: asta, rock, NM, Sieg...etc will have very limited or no chance at all to retaliate.

AAK

I can do the writeup for Tekken 6 BR:

mv2n2q.jpg

Originally being released in the arcades winter 2007 followed by a patch along with 2 extra characters in 2008, Tekken 6 BR is the latest offering from Namco's premier 3D fighting game franchise. The game's popularity is dominant in Asia looking at the arcade scene alone. Since it's debut Tekken has consistently topped Arcadia Rankings until today. Tekken 6 BR's most significant achievement is being one of the most balanced 3D fighters ever released with nearly every one of the 39 member cast has an equal chance of winning tournaments with the right dedication.

Here are other important strategy resources for Tekken:

www.sdtekken.com/
www.iamtekken.com/

Here are the best video resources for Tekken:

www.youtube.com/user/TekkenGosu
http://www.youtube.com/user/LevelUpYourGame
http://www.youtube.com/user/HongKongTekken
http://www.youtube.com/user/geesendou <---- Also includes BB, KOFUM, Meltly Blood, among others
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jon747
www.nicovideo.jp/search/&#37444;&#25331;

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
hteng said:
i disagree on adding more advantage on blocked moves, you have to consider ranges as well, it's different than say.. Tekken or VF where 90% of the time you are fighting at close quarters, there's close, mid, long, each character has their strength at a particular range. SC4 also has movement, tech crouch moves, tech jump moves, evasion moves to help mitigate negative or neutral frames.
There are indeed moves that have advantage on block, mostly just-frames moves ie: Nightmare's iAga (+2 on block) or delayed Aga (+8 on block).
Another thing with adding advantage for blocked moves will seriously screw punishments, as some slower characters ie: asta, rock, NM, Sieg...etc will have very limited or no chance at all to retaliate.

Not saying every move. At long range it wouldn't hurt as bad, due to the options that would be forced on the other guy to beat it, GI or some sort of evasion move or sabaki to beat it.

more effective Sabakis (Mina is known for Sabakis, but hers suck compared to say VF5 Goh) would be nice also. Mina would be an awesome char design if her GC game was kept at pre-patch SC4, and her sabakis were a lot better also. The rest of her game could suck but she's be viable and strategically unique.

Of course, that's assuming the Soul team cares about balance, I have my doubts that any Japanese dev whose title isn't meant for the arcade gives a crap about balance period.

Honestly, the SC4 hatred to me is kinda unfair- the game was massive improvement on 3, and in terms of issues, I don't think it's worse then Blazblue, or even SF4, if you accept a proper banlist.

ptown said:
Anybody interested in discussing [personal] character selection?
"The first step(?)", a topic of self discovery and picking the right character(s) for you.
Most fighting games, you can't select the entire roster to fight for you.
So when you select your character, make it count!

Sound good?
Is this a topic with true fighting competitive value or too much clutter (i.e. Want to see post after post of character lists because I have my list ready and oiled up!!! :lol)

Yay or nay?

I generally pick a character I think looks cool. Unfortunately modern design sensibilities burn too many calories on pre-fab "cool" (any original ASW IP; BlazBlue, Guilty Gear) so it's getting harder to do.

Here's a brief history:

SF2: Chun Li
Mortal Kombat: Cool not found. Abort, Retry, Fail?
World Heroes: Janne
Fatal Fury: Andy Bogard
Samurai Shodown: Started Haohmaru, then shifted to Ukyo.
Virtua Fighter: Jerky (lol)
Tekken: Kazuya (The Only Tekken character I can stomach)
Toshinden: Sophia / Kayin
Soul Edge: Rock
Bloody Roar: Long
Fighting Vipers: Honey, then Tokio
Angel Eye: Mysterious Power
KoF (series): Iori / Yamazaki / Benimaru
SFA1: Rose
SFA2: Rolento
SFA3: N/A
Garou: B. Jenet
GG: Axl, I think dude that looked like Axl Rose with the Union Jack shirt and sickle.
GG:AC: Dizzy (oversized clit attack FTW!)
DoA*: Bayman, answer will always be Bayman. If Bayman not found, will not play (DoA2).
VF4: Wolf
Soul Calibur 2: Raphael
SF3: Necro
SF3:2I: Necro
SF3:3S: Poison, featuring Hugo
BlazBlue: Tager (least offensive design of the lot IMO)

Didn't mention the rest of the Western developed fighting games; because white people can't make fighting games (Although Sirlin can do a plenty good job of balancing what Japan provides). ;)

zlatko

Banned
This thread is awesome. Great idea OP. Hopefully it doesn't just turn into another SF4 being awesome thread or "X Fighter > X Fighter" scenario lol.

With that said no news if KoF13 will be at tournies this year? I can't wait for the info for that to come out later this month so we can either dismiss it or embrace it. SNK will have a hard time pulling the wool over peoples eyes this time if they are going to try the same crap they did with KoF12.(Even though I had some good local matches with buddies)

Sup GAF, I go to alot of Philly tourneys Like NEC and GVN. Usually placing top 3 in Blazblue. Been playing competitive games for awhile. But yeah Anyways this thread is a great idea since so much goes on in these communities.

Time to go back to lurking. :lol

God's Beard said:
Do we talk specifics of the games in here, or just about competitive events and the community?

The lack of Evil Zone and Waku Waku 7 in this thread means I won't have much to talk about, though. I only play hardcore 3d and 2d fighting games.

More people should play Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

It's all about Dead Dance on SFC, man!

The Take Out Bandit said:
HORI FS3 is your best n00b stick at generally reasonable prices. Practice first, then worry about octagon gates and Sanwa parts later.

Growing up in US arcades, I'm used to square gates, non ergonomic hippy buttons, and general discomfort; it builds character!

If you were to get a FS3 for REALLY cheap yes, but if you're getting ti from, say, Amazon, you'd be better off spending $8 more and getting a Fightstick SE. It's got better stock parts and when/if you DO switch them out it's a ton easier.

ptown

I generally pick a character I think looks cool. Unfortunately modern design sensibilities burn too many calories on pre-fab "cool" (any original ASW IP; BlazBlue, Guilty Gear) so it's getting harder to do.

Here's a brief history:

SF2: Chun Li
Mortal Kombat: Cool not found. Abort, Retry, Fail?
World Heroes: Janne
Fatal Fury: Andy Bogard
Samurai Shodown: Started Haohmaru, then shifted to Ukyo.
Virtua Fighter: Jerky (lol)
Tekken: Kazuya (The Only Tekken character I can stomach)
Toshinden: Sophia / Kayin
Soul Edge: Rock
Bloody Roar: Long
Fighting Vipers: Honey, then Tokio
Angel Eye: Mysterious Power
KoF (series): Iori / Yamazaki / Benimaru
SFA1: Rose
SFA2: Rolento
SFA3: N/A
Garou: B. Jenet
GG: Axl, I think dude that looked like Axl Rose with the Union Jack shirt and sickle.
GG:AC: Dizzy (oversized clit attack FTW!)
DoA*: Bayman, answer will always be Bayman. If Bayman not found, will not play (DoA2).
VF4: Wolf
Soul Calibur 2: Raphael
SF3: Necro
SF3:2I: Necro
SF3:3S: Poison, featuring Hugo
BlazBlue: Tager (least offensive design of the lot IMO)

Didn't mention the rest of the Western developed fighting games; because white people can't make fighting games (Although Sirlin can do a plenty good job of balancing what Japan provides). ;)

That's a crazy list man (You played all that?!?!) I agree, looking cool is always a good reason and one that I use to pick my characters.

I didn't quite have a main guy in SF4 until recently. SSF4 on the otherhand, I've been actively narrowing it down. Out of all the newcomers, Cody, Makoto, and Juri are calling to me.

Cody, for what he stands for: he's THE REAL street fighter. Kicked everyone's ass in Metro City and got put into jail. Knife does chip damage. Dirty fighter. What a beast.
Edit: Looking at the move list... he's got Bad Spray! Hyes!!! Jaw crusher, crack kick!

Makoto, for the look and style: old, traditional-looking ["vanilla karate"], but surprisingly at the same time, BRUTAL.

Juri, for gameplay, not your typical SF character. Almost KOF like style with that kick charging fireball stuff (reminds me of Jhun a little).

hikarutilmitt said:
If you were to get a FS3 for REALLY cheap yes, but if you're getting ti from, say, Amazon, you'd be better off spending $8 more and getting a Fightstick SE. It's got better stock parts and when/if you DO switch them out it's a ton easier.

Part of saving money is knowing where to shop.

Also not being a trend hopping cunt helps a lot. I paid $35 for my FS3 before Crapcom went and "made fighting games popular (to casuals)" again.

However, I've had the same home built arcade stick for over a decade now that I use for serious play.

Plan on building a second one eventually. Have most of the internals. Now I just need wood working tools and wood. Built the last stick when I was living with my folks and used my old man's tools.

ptown said:
That's a crazy list man (You played all that?!?!) I agree, looking cool is always a good reason and one that I use to pick my characters.

A lot of years, a lot of games. :)

Forgot Street Fighter EX. Played a lot of Cracker Jack. He was awesome.

I didn't quite have a main guy in SF4 until recently. SSF4 on the otherhand, I've been actively narrowing it down. Out of all the newcomers, Cody, Makoto, and Juri are calling to me.

Not really interested in playing characters I've played before in SF games.

Call me crazy, but one thing I loved about SF2/SF3 were the huge NEW casts. SF4 character wise felt like a massive rehash. Hardly any new characters. The few new characters were very uninspired. Worst boss in a Capcom game ever. I fucking despise unoriginal Swiss Army Bosses.

When I rent SSF4 I will try Hakkan, because he looks awesomely retarded. In the way characters like Zangief, Honda, and Blanka were awesomely retarded. :p

Juri looks like a Tekken reject and should go back to planet Namco where she belongs.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Freshmaker said:
Argh. SC IV isn't dead.

Oh, I wasn't saying SC4 was dead. It's just SC2 was the SC game to play back in the day. Since then I haven't heard/seen it (the series) pop-up in too many fighting game competitions. So I wasn't sure if people were playing on 4 or were sticking to 2.

God's Beard said:
More people should play Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

If only Capcom would release it on the PSN store... (Wasn't there a PSX version along with the DC verison? Not too sure how "arcade perfect" it is, compared to like... MvC being fucking terrible on the PSX)

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
soakrates said:
He wasn't anywhere near as good as he was in SC1, where he was top tier, but in retrospect he was a lot better than most at the time seem to have thought, myself included. He had good pokes, pretty good anti-step, one of the best tech-crouch moves in the game, a great whiff punisher, some decent frame traps, some neat guard crush shenanigans, an awesome standing B, etc. You're right that he didn't do a lot of damage, but he was still viable. In SC4, Maxi has virtually no hope of winning if the opponent is a good player who knows the matchup. You're basically throwing up a prayer with every move.
This is true. I basically said as much when the game was released, and everyone was all, "shut up Marginal." Still think he's fun to play despite that tho.

Funny, considering the patch that was released for the game made soul crushes a lot more difficult.
I was thinking of Broken Destiny as well which made SC's way easier. (Though the amped up step's annoying. I can sidestep A's now too!)

Kind of reaffirms my suspicion that the community was increasingly being overrun with scrubs who hadn't played fighting games much prior to SC4.
Could be true. Quite a few of them have gotten quite good though. Not a bad trade if it gets more players into the mix.

Oh, trust me, we all thought she was way too good, but very few if any of us (Krayzie included) thought she should be banned or stopped playing the game because of it. It was mostly people being too busy or even moving away that caused them to "abandon" SC4. There is still the odd gathering every so often, as far as I know.
I don't doubt it. That's just the impression I got on the forums.

Threi

notag
Here's my writeup for TvC:

Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
xawbjn.jpg

The latest installment in the Capcom VS franchise, Ultimate All-Stars is an update to the Japan-only release, Cross Generation of Heroes. Released in America at the end of January, this update boasts new characters and improved character balance, something that has been praised as something sorely missing in previous VS games. Following the same development philosophy as Street Fighter 4, Tatsunoko vs Capcom has a system that is easy to pick up, but has enough depth for even the most intricate of players. The game has been described as "a mix of Marvel vs. Capcom 1 and Guilty Gear". It will be hosted by Evo this year, which will show how active the community is currently. It is, however, definitely gaining popularity.

Best Strategy Resource
http://www.shoryuken.com
http://www.iplaywinner.com

Best Video Resources:
trag: tragic video
Rockeits: Competitive Fighting Games
RoyalFlush: SoCal TvC, Tekken
XSilvenX: XSilvenX's Channel
yourmother: Rollisyourmother's TvC Channel
Taurus Oxford's TvC Playlist

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
TheSeks said:
Oh, I wasn't saying SC4 was dead. It's just SC2 was the SC game to play back in the day. Since then I haven't heard/seen it (the series) pop-up in too many fighting game competitions. So I wasn't sure if people were playing on 4 or were sticking to 2.
Not a whole lot of people still play 2 as far as I know. SC IV's been around though. It was at Evo and several other big tourneys last year, it's been at some this year etc.

Devastation 2010
When: June 18-20 2010
Where: Phoenix, AZ Phoenix Convention Center
Website: http://www.devastationevent.com/ (Register Online, Book that hotel!!)

Fighting Games: SSFIV, Tekken 6, BlazBlue, King of Fighters XII, Soul Calibur IV, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Tekken Tag Tournament, Street Fighter III: Third Strike, and wait for it ...
Killer Instinct
yes really it's not a joke...
Everything else: Modern Warfare 2, Halo 3, Quake Live, Madden 2010, Guitar Hero 5, DJ Hero,
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Info: Last year it was the pre-Evo event, this year we're going big. Online registration has been up for awhile, event teamed up with Hyatt Regency Phoenix hotel ($79 per night, double occupancy).

Gaf'ers attending (So far): FindMyFarms, MarkMan, GalaticAE, Spiderjericho, jam86, AZ Greg (assuming, tho he better rep his state!)

Videos of last years Event http://www.youtube.com/user/i208khonsu

ruxtpin

Banned
Is there a certain system that tournaments lean towards for the more recent fighting games? PS3 or 360? Just curious

ruxtpin said:
Is there a certain system that tournaments lean towards for the more recent fighting games? PS3 or 360? Just curious

I believe it was skewed toward PS3 due to more standardized controller options, and IIRC some other factor.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
By the way, Devastation 2009 had the best stream i ever seen.
So hype for Devastation 2010.

@Oichi: KOF is listed twice on the OP. (Double the awesome)

Is there anyone kind enough to fix my broken english?

oii107.jpg

King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match / King of Fighters XIII (if it's good)
The King Of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match (KOF02UM) is the remake of one of the best balanced entries on the legendary series (KOF02).
It brings characters not available on KOF02 like Igniz,Zero,Geese,Original Zero and more, new moves,new art ,new soundtrack and 'B or EX' versions for Kensou,Takuma,Robert and Geese.

After the 'disappointment' called KOFXII, KOF02UM became the standard competitive KOF.
SNKP will be showing KOF XIII for the first time on March 25th.

Best Strategy Resources:
Shoryuken.com
Cyberfanatix
Orochinagi.com
KOFUnion.com (Korean)

Best Video Resources:
Cyberfanatix (Lots of combo videos)
Youtube account of DarkGeese (Well known SRK member)
Youtube account of DandyDLC (Another well known SRK member)

soakrates

hteng said:
Ivy fought at mid-long range in SC2 most of the time and she was possibly a top five character, even in a game that had really good in-your-face characters like Taki and Mitsu. Asta and Nightmare were also quite viable. Nightmare was even top tier in some areas. Things like step, GI, auto-GI and the other things you mentioned played a big part in previous SC games largely because they were useful to avoid getting locked down all day.

No one's asking for every character to get a bunch of piss-easy frame traps. Just enough so that the game doesn't get reduced to "attack, block, attack, block, attack, block" ad infinitum. Most of the on-block frame traps in SC4 are gimmicks that can be pretty easily avoided by good players.

That said, I still think SC4 gets too much hate from people who don't know it all too well. They see one doom combo and think it's hopeless to even try. The game is still OK-decent at times, and I'm perfectly willing to admit that I'm just being selfish. :p

Dr.Hadji

So can I talk about games like Draglade, Jump Super Stars, and Naruto Clash of Ninja here. Or are we being equal opportunity elitists and counting those as "Smash" games as well?

Tain

Rather than crying elitist, you could always make the "Competitive Party Fighting Game" thread yourself where we can talk about Power Stone, Fight For New York, Smash, and Naruto!

As long as you post actual competitive tournament level play then there shouldn't be a problem (I'm curious to see how these games stack up in professional level settings). The only reason Smash talk isn't allowed is pretty obvious trolling coming from both sides which leads to retarded debates as to why Smash is/isn't a real fighting game.

ReiGun

Aw I wanted to do the TvC writeup. Damn you Threi! :lol Nice job man. And great thread, Oichi. No more lurking around the FG game thread looking for streams for me :D. *subscribes*

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Soulcalibur:
Despite being forever stuck in Tekken's shadow, SC IV did manage to sell over 2 million copies. The game still retains its distinctive features like air control, guard impacts, and adds in criticial finishes just in case ring outs weren't considered enough of a one hit kill option.

Best Strategy Resource:
www.8wayrun.com
(The forums tend to be more up to date than the wiki.)
www.caliburforum.com
(Largely inactive now, but good resource for older SC info.)

Best Video Resource:
http://www.8wayrun.com/video.php

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Is there a specific quality about Tekken or 3D fighters (or perhaps Namco) that allows it to be as balanced as BR is when compared to something like SF4? Something about the nature of 2D vs 3D? The crazy special moves? the mechanics of controlling space in both genres? Mind game potential?

I never really thought about it too much, and I haven't played any Tekken since Tekken 3, so if anyone has any deep thoughts, that would be appreciated.

jam86 said:
Devastation 2010
When: June 18-20 2010
Where: Phoenix, AZ Phoenix Convention Center
Website: http://www.devastationevent.com/ (Register Online, Book that hotel!!)

Fighting Games: SSFIV, Tekken 6, BlazBlue, King of Fighters XII, Soul Calibur IV, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Tekken Tag Tournament, Street Fighter III: Third Strike, and wait for it ...
Killer Instinct
yes really it's not a joke...
Everything else: Modern Warfare 2, Halo 3, Quake Live, Madden 2010, Guitar Hero 5, DJ Hero,
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Info: Last year it was the pre-Evo event, this year we're going big. Online registration has been up for awhile, event teamed up with Hyatt Regency Phoenix hotel ($79 per night, double occupancy).

Gaf'ers attending (So far): FindMyFarms, MarkMan, GalaticAE, Spiderjericho, jam86, AZ Greg (assuming, tho he better rep his state!)

Videos of last years Event http://www.youtube.com/user/i208khonsu

Damn, I was hoping it wasn't going to be in June. My family and I are planning on relocating from Pennsyltucky to Phoenix this summer but I'm doubting we will be there by June. Great thread OP! Looking forward to SSFIV and making fools ragequit using Hakan.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Thanks for all the contributions guys! I threw up your entries (with credit!) into the OP for everyone to check out.

RentAHamster said:
Is there a specific quality about Tekken or 3D fighters (or perhaps Namco) that allows it to be as balanced as BR is when compared to something like SF4? Something about the nature of 2D vs 3D? The crazy special moves? the mechanics of controlling space in both genres? Mind game potential?

I never really thought about it too much, and I haven't played any Tekken since Tekken 3, so if anyone has any deep thoughts, that would be appreciated.

Some of it has to do with the zoning vs. close quarter game that a lot of 2D fighting games are centered around. Another part of it is that 2D games also incorporate moves that have invincibility properties. 3D fighters in general play at a very specific range and there aren't too many characters in a 3D fighter that rely primarily on zoning an opponent.

Oichi said:
Some of it has to do with the zoning vs. close quarter game that a lot of 2D fighting games are centered around. Another part of it is that 2D games also incorporate moves that have invincibility properties. 3D fighters in general play at a very specific range and there aren't too many characters in a 3D fighter that rely primarily on zoning an opponent.

This and it seems that after some early experimentation the effort to translate 2D magic move fighters to a 3D space has been abandoned.

I think it's still worth pursuing. Just it will take a revolution in control and player though process to become a success. Not to mention be accessible.

Dream Factory (Tobal, Ehrgeiz) pioneered a lot of awesome stuff in 3D fighters that is now common place; nearly a decade after they laid the foundation.

Hopefully more developer experimentation will be a by-product of this alleged fighting game resurgence. I'll believe it when I see it though.

I really miss SC2, that game was awesome and definitely got the most play outta me behind SF2 and SF4.

I bought SC3 and 4, and they just weren't the same, they felt off. I'll probably get 5 if/when it comes out, I just hope it is a bit closer to 1 and 2, rather than try to throw in different systems that make the game less enjoyable (in my eyes of course, not speaking for anyone else). 3 or 4 were by no means unplayable (especially 3 for bring back Hwang :D) but 2 is the pinnacle as far as I'm concerned. Would've loved to actually have a competitive scene for it here.

Cmon, Namco, go back to your roots next time around :D.

Also, I want the new VF to come out on consoles. I'd probably never learn it at a competitive level, but its still a great game to watch.

Xianghua (Professor X) FO LYFE

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Oichi said:
Oh yeah, I didn't really think about zoning and long range play in 3D fighters. Aside from the occasional Devil/Angel/Ogre beams/flames, there's really isn't much of a long range game.

I guess it's easier to balance for a primarily close quarters range when the devs don't have to worry about balancing for long distance?

Dream Factory (Tobal, Ehrgeiz) pioneered a lot of awesome stuff in 3D fighters that is now common place; nearly a decade after they laid the foundation.
I would love to see HD Tobal No. 3 (Or maybe Wii controls if implemented correctly) with fully fleshed out Quest mode.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
This and it seems that after some early experimentation the effort to translate 2D magic move fighters to a 3D space has been abandoned.

I think it's still worth pursuing. Just it will take a revolution in control and player though process to become a success. Not to mention be accessible.
Take Powerstone then add a block button.

Boom. It's done.

Edit: Or just play Virtual On.

I kinda wanna try out kof 2002 UM but no one around me plays the game :/

mr stroke said:
always curious about this.
Has the MK series ever been in any of these tournaments?

I know Ultimate MK3 was at either winter brawl or NEC

Top Bottom