• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatko

Banned
A woman has found this thread! RUN THEY WILL KNOW OUR SECRETS!

Oh crap. When do we reply to her reply? Do we have to wait for her to replay again before we can? Oh God. Do we keep our replies brief? Oh lawd! *faints*

@Ashodin

That's how I feel too, but I'm being a gentleman and letting her possibly prove otherwise. Plus I had a bad experience a while ago where I cut things off early with a chick that was really into me, and I regret it ever since, but it was too late then.

Don't want to repeat that.

Ashodin

Oh man, the more I'm talking to this new girl the more I'm getting into her.

She keeps replying back texts (yes, I already have her digits son!) with the things I want to hear, and I can tell it's not just her telling me that either.

you're right zlatko, I think I'm only just going to enjoy the booty from the original girl. We both know that's only what we're really getting, but she keeps trying to say to me that there's something more to us and I just don't see it.

zlatko

Banned
Oh man, the more I'm talking to this new girl the more I'm getting into her.

She keeps replying back texts (yes, I already have her digits son!) with the things I want to hear, and I can tell it's not just her telling me that either.

you're right zlatko, I think I'm only just going to enjoy the booty from the original girl. We both know that's only what we're really getting, but she keeps trying to say to me that there's something more to us and I just don't see it.

Booty duty is cool, but make sure you don't lead her on. That's ultimately my biggest issue here with my girlfriend. If she does really feel the way she does, then I don't want to waste her time and drag this on any further than need be. Booty being awesome or not. :(

Ashodin

Booty duty is cool, but make sure you don't lead her on. That's ultimately my biggest issue here with my girlfriend. If she does really feel the way she does, then I don't want to waste her time and drag this on any further than need be. Booty being awesome or not. :(

you're right man. booty is good, but a stable relationship with it in it is better.

And from what I see from my vantage point, it would be quite a volatile relationship with her at best.

Has she had other boyfriends previously? And were they like you or different from you? Did she act the same way with them?

zlatko

Banned
you're right man. booty is good, but a stable relationship with it in it is better.

And from what I see from my vantage point, it would be quite a volatile relationship with her at best.

Has she had other boyfriends previously? And were they like you or different from you? Did she act the same way with them?

Before me she was just hooking up with people/seeing people at best. Her one major relationship ended last year if I remember right, but it went on for 3 years and he strung her along never actually 100% dating her and being wishy washy. A lot of the guys after that just wanted her as a booty call, but not someone to date. I don't know about any other ex's other than him, but the guys she let me see, including this main ex, were some fairly ugly duders. Well maybe ugly is harsh, but I would not see them as a threat by any means just based off looks.

It's similar to my situation in that I haven't dated for 4-5 years. Last girl/girls really fucked with my head and I had to rebuild myself to get to a better spot mentally. One of those ex's made me constantly feel like shit so that's why I let her know hey this shit really won't fly with me because of what it did to me last time.

But yeah as other b/fs go she has never really had one, they were not like me for the guys who strung her along, and if I remember correctly she was treated like this a lot throughout her life and she had no clue she was doing it to me until that night. She couldn't believe she was doing it to someone else. Which is why I don't think anything will change lol.

When she was a bit drunk last weekend she was laying in bed with me and saying, things like she's falling for me and that she's scared I won't be able to feel that way for her.

Truth be told I don't know if I can. Never been in love and I even warned her before we started dating we should take it slow so this kind of crap doesn't happen. :/

I just don't think I'm that into her, but I don't want to just give her up since I had been single for like 4 years or 5 before her and don't exactly want to go back to being lonely.

Maybe, and I say maybe, there you have why she is being so aggressive towards you. You're being unfair, Zlatko. I mean it.
The part about not wanting to be lonely again is really mean.
Sorry if this comes off as rude.

zlatko

Banned
Maybe, and I say maybe, there you have why she is being so aggressive towards you. You're being unfair, Zlatko. I mean it.
The part about not wanting to be lonely again is really mean.
Sorry if this comes off as rude.

It didn't come off rude, but then again I am not exactly looking at myself as in the right for this whole relationship and I do feel guilty that I'm not the guy she see's me as. She deserves a guy who is nuts about her, but that's just not me right now...and for all I know it may never be if this relationship does go on.

Idk my shit's all fucked up. :/

zlatko

Banned
You have to be careful as to not be another guy who strings her along. That's all you have to worry about.

Well at this point I guess I am. :/ She's super sure about me and is on like page 30 of a book I feel I'm just finishing page 2 on.

For as many girls as I have dated I've never had to break up with any of them unless you count pointless relationships in like middle school. This weekend was also the first time I had had to deal with a woman crying as a result of something I did.

zlatko

Banned
Pretty much!

Since we do have you here do you care to share what OKC is like as a female? I think a lot of us in here have our own thoughts on how it goes for women on there, but shedding some more light on it would possibly help a few people in here in the future for messages.

What's the average message amount a day you see? Lot of creepy ones? What sticks out ? Do you prefer getting them and do you often send any to guys you see on there? Any kind of profiles you avoid or think women in general will avoid?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I prefer short guys (as long as they are taller than me, but, at 5'4 that's not too difficult!), it means I don't have to stand on my tiptoes to kiss them!

To me this logically makes the most sense. I never understood relationships where someone has to bend or jump to makeout! But half the women in New York (basically all the ones in Brooklyn) seem to think otherwise.

Since we do have you here do you care to share what OKC is like as a female? I think a lot of us in here have our own thoughts on how it goes for women on there, but shedding some more light on it would possibly help a few people in here in the future for messages.

What's the average message amount a day you see? Lot of creepy ones? What sticks out ? Do you prefer getting them and do you often send any to guys you see on there? Any kind of profiles you avoid or think women in general will avoid?

I don't get as many messages as you might think. I've been an active member since maybe March, and I've had 112 different people message me, according to my inbox. I'll be honest, I didn't reply to most of them, but not because they were weird or creepy (though a few were), but mainly because I wasn't interested in the guy. Some of that has to do with the message (boring or unoriginal) or the profile, but if I'm honest, a lot of the time it was the pictures. I hadn't realised how shallow I was before I started doing this.

But the messages I've actually responded to have generally made me laugh, or at least made me go and visit their profile.

I don't send many messages, but I've sent a few. Mostly without any luck though!

Anyway feel free to critique my profile, god knows it could do with some work! Or alternatively give me a hard time for being shallow haha.

Zyzyxxz

I don't get as many messages as you might think. I've been an active member since maybe March, and I've had 112 different people message me, according to my inbox. I'll be honest, I didn't reply to most of them, but not because they were weird or creepy (though a few were), but mainly because I wasn't interested in the guy. Some of that has to do with the message (boring or unoriginal) or the profile, but if I'm honest, a lot of the time it was the pictures. I hadn't realised how shallow I was before I started doing this.

But the messages I've actually responded to have generally made me laugh, or at least made me go and visit their profile.

I don't send many messages, but I've sent a few. Mostly without any luck though!

Anyway feel free to critique my profile, god knows it could do with some work! Or alternatively give me a hard time for being shallow haha.

I'd say its short, concise, and nice giving just enough information to know if we'd have similar interests. I'd ask you out but I drive on the right side of the road.

zlatko

Banned

Wish I still had my profile so I could check it. Don't sweat the shallowness---same thing happened to me. I basically learned I'm a terrible person thanks to OKC. xD

Darklord

Banned
a lot of the time it was the pictures. I hadn't realised how shallow I was before I started doing this..

I gotta get new pictures. It's hard when I'm so extremely unphotogenic. I can't get a good photo! Maybe I should get a professional one...

Also: 88% Match. Feel like flying half way across the world for a coffee?

Amory

Going out on an OKC date tonight. I'm pretty sure she's cute, but her pictures don't give a sure idea of how she'll actually look. I guess I'm being a little superficial, but it's got me nervous because it's only the second date I've gotten out of this damn website and I've been on it for months.

Here's hoping.

zlatko

Banned
Man, does anybody ever get good quiver matches?

I never did. Pretty much had to do my own hunting.

Most of the girls I was attracted to for looks fell into the 50-70% match range or hell even lower. The ones above that that were still good looking to me were just never responding, and then the rest were just girls I was not at all attracted to which is quite the majority of the high % matches and the ones quiver sent me.

You know what else is a killer on this site? Allergies to cats.

It stands to reason that women who maybe are seeking companionship online might be more selected to own a pet, but this is crazy. I've seen quite a few that I think would be a good match, and then they all own cats or specifically have "you should message me if... you don't have allergies to cats."

Puckmarin

Banned
Going out on an OKC date tonight. I'm pretty sure she's cute, but her pictures don't give a sure idea of how she'll actually look. I guess I'm being a little superficial, but it's got me nervous because it's only the second date I've gotten out of this damn website and I've been on it for months.

Here's hoping.

Make sure she has both of her hands...

Years and years ago I went out on a match.com date with a girl who didn't bother to tell me that she was missing a limb. Most awkward date - EVER!

Az987

all good things

See I knew women were shallow because when I put a picture of me without a shirt on my profile my views like quadrupled and my messages went from like 0 a week to 3! Aw yeah!

I found someone whos headline was something Pokemon related so I sent her the first part of the theme song that I could remember and she messaged me back the rest lol.

Ashodin

I never did. Pretty much had to do my own hunting.

Most of the girls I was attracted to for looks fell into the 50-70% match range or hell even lower. The ones above that that were still good looking to me were just never responding, and then the rest were just girls I was not at all attracted to which is quite the majority of the high % matches and the ones quiver sent me.

Same. Quiver never really had matches that were amazing. And you're right, the majority of the girls don't really match.

Amory

Years and years ago I went out on a match.com date with a girl who didn't bother to tell me that she was missing a limb. Most awkward date - EVER!

Lol I think she's got all her limbs. What did the girl say? "Oh yeah by the way I only have one hand"?

Loona

Was that the only issue about the date? If it's a problem on its own that often, no wonder she stopped mentioning it, at least this way it reaches the meeting stage...

@electricshake: the text is nice, witty and short, so if anything, maybe swap the first pic with any from the 2nd to 4th? The image quality seems better in those, but you could always try the site's MyBestFace tool to help you pick a main.

I'm guessing everyone gets the email "XXX, You are Hot! We just detected that you're now among the most attractive people on OkCupid".

It's how they get ya

Amory

so she was a nice girl, but I can't see going on another date. I think she definitely wants to, though. What's the protocol on this?

Dicer

Banned
Girl I am chatting up right now, is fucking jaw dropping... holy mother of god. and she is nerdy too which is so much a bonus.

But to everyone, don't give up when it seems bad. I've had horrible dry spells, girls that were super into it and then just poofed..keep at it and good things WILL happen.

Minion101

Banned
I just started messing with the site now. I'm seeing a lot of girls that I find attractive but look younger in the photos then the profile age. Got a feeling these photos are from 70 pounds ago...

Bleepey

See I knew women were shallow because when I put a picture of me without a shirt on my profile my views like quadrupled and my messages went from like 0 a week to 3! Aw yeah!

I found someone whos headline was something Pokemon related so I sent her the first part of the theme song that I could remember and she messaged me back the rest lol.

OKcupid's did a study and that was one of the "4 myths about online dating". How often do guys here get messaged first. I get messaged first maybe 2-3 times a year on OKcupid and maybe 6 on pof. I was chatting to this one girl a couple weeks ago. Man she was close to a perfect 10. slender, leggy, hot enough for TV, we sent about 40 messages back and forth on OKC.. She then went to bed. i asked her for her number but she said she did not have a UK number. I asked her if she was flooded with messages the next day and she said yeah. She then never replied to me again. :(

Ashhong

Girl I am chatting up right now, is fucking jaw dropping... holy mother of god. and she is nerdy too which is so much a bonus.

But to everyone, don't give up when it seems bad. I've had horrible dry spells, girls that were super into it and then just poofed..keep at it and good things WILL happen.

I wanna see..

Ashodin

Hey, I'm sure you've seen me looking at your profile by now "Lycian". But you're gorgeous, and I hope you find someone as awesome as you :)

Ashhong

So have you gotten a lot of creepy comments based off of your "private" statement lol. I would imagine you have..

I actually haven't. I think it's based on profile picture views.

Same!

Hey, I'm sure you've seen me looking at your profile by now "Lycian". But you're gorgeous, and I hope you find someone as awesome as you :)

So have you gotten a lot of creepy comments based off of your "private" statement lol. I would imagine you have..

I've actually only had one or two! I wasn't sure whether to put it there at first but I couldn't really think of anything else but I've not had too many weird comments about it so I just left it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom