• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was on OKC, I would really only message the girls that viewed my profile. Let's them go through the trouble of distance, match % and what not. Found it easier. For each one I would update their status with my decision. Contacted for the ones I sent a message, and a more descriptive reason if I didn't (I'll admit it, most of these were because she was too fat)

Got my girlfriend this way.

Oh, another thing. If you don't get a response after a conversation has been started, it's OK if you send another in a few days. With my girlfriend, I asked her if she'd like to go out for coffee. She said that sounded good, but she didn't drink coffee. I responded saying perhaps we can get hot chocolate instead.

I didn't get a reply after that. But I sent a follow up two days later asking if she wanted to get drinks the next day. She then replied asking if I would rather change it to that night.

We had our second date three days later, which ended in my bedroom. So not all is lost if a conversation seems like its dropped off.

Edit - oh, and the question of how many dates would it take before you had sex is complete bullshit. She put 6+. Ha.

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
I can provide Mutual free ratings; Pm me your profile and I will do the same.

Yes, because NO ONE ever got pregnant while using the pill and condoms before! *rolls eyes*

I know it's still a small possibility, but her being 19 heavily leans towards irresponsibility.

Also I've been texting this one girl on and off for a few days, we'll see where this goes.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I swear they just send these out randomly-
n1PeB.jpg

lol

Pastry

Banned
So... The girlfriend of 2 years and I broke up on Sunday, I made a new account Tuesday, and I now have a date lined up for Saturday.

Fun week.

God damn that's a quick turnaround. How many messages did you send in between before you set up the date?

PS Sorry about your ex but at least you're moving on and not moping.

God damn that's a quick turnaround. How many messages did you send in between before you set up the date?

PS Sorry about your ex but at least you're moving on and not moping.
With this girl? I initiated the conversation and asked on the second message, but I sort of cheated because we vaguely knew each other from years back.

Altogether I've started 3 conversations and I have received 2 unsolicited.

And thanks, I was sort of absorbed into her social circle so I have to get back out there quick or I'd just be wallowing in misery every weekend by myself.

Invisible Man

aka SexyNerd
Got a date lined up for this Sunday! And yes it did start with the cheese and peanut butter line. We seriously need to patent that line, haha.

She's pretty good looking too! Thought I'd have to lower my standards pretty soon.

Invisible Man

aka SexyNerd
You ask them: Given the choice between a house made of cheese or peanut butter which would you choose?

I've gotten a response 9 times out of 10 with it.

Ashhong

lol

Lets take it a step further. Someone make a female account on POF and give me a good testimonial.

What is a testimonial? Is there some kind of male review section that females see?

I am onboard with this idea, let's start a group PM for okc secret ratings

I am down as well. PM me if you anybody wants a rating. Also I suggest, that if everyone is OK with it, that we create a list of profiles in the PMs. For example, if both Poody and james send me their link, I will also pass on poodys link to james with my own. It might get messy, but that way we might not have to PM everyone. Does that make sense? Not sure..lol

When I was on OKC, I would really only message the girls that viewed my profile. Let's them go through the trouble of distance, match % and what not. Found it easier. For each one I would update their status with my decision. Contacted for the ones I sent a message, and a more descriptive reason if I didn't (I'll admit it, most of these were because she was too fat)

Got my girlfriend this way.

Oh, another thing. If you don't get a response after a conversation has been started, it's OK if you send another in a few days. With my girlfriend, I asked her if she'd like to go out for coffee. She said that sounded good, but she didn't drink coffee. I responded saying perhaps we can get hot chocolate instead.

I didn't get a reply after that. But I sent a follow up two days later asking if she wanted to get drinks the next day. She then replied asking if I would rather change it to that night.

We had our second date three days later, which ended in my bedroom. So not all is lost if a conversation seems like its dropped off.

Edit - oh, and the question of how many dates would it take before you had sex is complete bullshit. She put 6+. Ha.

So if a girl views our profile, we should message them? I would think that if they viewed our profile, and then didn't message, that they weren't interested and wouldn't want a message. No?

Loona

So if a girl views our profile, we should message them? I would think that if they viewed our profile, and then didn't message, that they weren't interested and wouldn't want a message. No?

Considering the spontaneous views from girls I get come from other countries, it's probably not always worth it.

The other day was intering, got 4 replies in the same day from girls I'd messaged at different times, one of them maybe a couple of weeks before - I was starting to almost give up on the site, since there aren't that many girls there in this area, at least in age ranges I'm comfortable with.
Not that much follow-up since I replied to those, but the delay on one of them was interesting, I'd given up hope on that, but her latest reply was relatively quick.

As for the handling of photos, MyFestFace is still an interesting tool, but it might be a good idea to create several reports, the same photos got very different ratings at different times, so the more of those are created the more perspective you might get on which to use as a main.

What is a testimonial? Is there some kind of male review section that females see?

I am down as well. PM me if you anybody wants a rating. Also I suggest, that if everyone is OK with it, that we create a list of profiles in the PMs. For example, if both Poody and james send me their link, I will also pass on poodys link to james with my own. It might get messy, but that way we might not have to PM everyone. Does that make sense? Not sure..lol

I look at profiles all the time without messaging, not necessarily because I'm not interested. I don't send out many messages though, I'm too lazy hah.

I posted my profile a couple pages back, if anyone wants to hit me up with some stars that would be nice!

Az987

all good things

Its on POF in the 'favorites' section.

I've only seen one girl who had one and it was basically her friend telling how good of a person she is lol. I think she had quite a few of them actually.

dralla

I look at profiles all the time without messaging, not necessarily because I'm not interested. I don't send out many messages though, I'm too lazy hah.

I posted my profile a couple pages back, if anyone wants to hit me up with some stars that would be nice!

I visited your profile when you posted it the other day, you visited mine and didn't message me! omg wtf i hate u

this is a shot in the dark, but has anyone here used muslimsingles?

http://www.singlemuslim.com/

I signed up last days and already have a few messages but I don't know what to think. I have already paid for 3 months usage and I'm hopeful the pay wall will ensure there are more legitimate people on the site but any feedback would be welcome.

I haven't had much luck on OKCupid or Plenty of Fish. I have met a few people but it hasn't gone beyond messaging or chatting on webcam. are there any others I could try?

this is a shot in the dark, but has anyone here used muslimsingles?

http://www.singlemuslim.com/

I signed up last days and already have a few messages but I don't know what to think. I have already paid for 3 months usage and I'm hopeful the pay wall will ensure there are more legitimate people on the site but any feedback would be welcome.

I haven't had much luck on OKCupid or Plenty of Fish. I have met a few people but it hasn't gone beyond messaging or chatting on webcam. are there any others I could try?

If they have it in your area, definitely badoo (its a phone app primarily).

If they have it in your area, definitely badoo (its a phone app primarily).

thank you. I will check it out.

Webcam "chatting" is always fun. *wink wink*

In most cases it is just chatting. I had one woman start to undress as soon the chat began, which was nice but that was the exception.

in most cases we chat about work, life in general and other stuff. it becomes more of a friends chat than anything sexual. I don't mind it but at the same time I am looking for something more and I feel it's just wasting time.

Poody

Does anyone have an answer to this question.

Let say an individual rates your profile highly. And that person deactivates their account later, will the rating be retained?

bimet

Someone visits my profile twice, rates me highly, I send a message, and I never hear back (they've been online). What happened here? I suck at introductions? I brought up similar interests, and didn't say anything blunt/creepy.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Someone visits my profile twice, rates me highly, I send a message, and I never hear back (they've been online). What happened here? I suck at introductions? I brought up similar interests, and didn't say anything blunt/creepy.

They joys of online dating.

Gotta hope to get lucky.

Poody

OMG same thing happened except she didn't visit twice :( chick was hot, lived in beverly hills and rated me 4-5 stars.

Pastry

Banned
Damn so the hottie that messaged me back yesterday mentioned she has a pretty busy schedule and seems to only log in every two or three days. If she sends me another message my response is probably going to be to ask her to dinner or lunch. We haven't sent that many messages but she seemed genuinely interested, that would be my third and her second message. I'm worried it might be slightly forward but I feel like this is a dating service not a chat room, otherwise it would just take forever to try and get to know each other over OKCupid.

Ashhong

How do you guys know who rated you 4-5 stars? I got a message on OKC saying a few people did but I have to upgrade to see. And I didn't get any messages when a couple of you guys gave me 5 stars

Somehow ended up talking to this girl who literally loves across the country (LA to NY), but damn we get along well. Nothing will ever end up happening but it's nice to have someone to text and talk to anytime during the day.

How do you guys know who rated you 4-5 stars? I got a message on OKC saying a few people did but I have to upgrade to see. And I didn't get any messages when a couple of you guys gave me 5 stars

Somehow ended up talking to this girl who literally loves across the country (LA to NY), but damn we get along well. Nothing will ever end up happening but it's nice to have someone to text and talk to anytime during the day.

I cant, as you say you have to pay and I don't really want to.

I just talking to another nice girl yesterday, her profile had that she is weak for:

-Good dancers
-A tattoo
-old school hip hop

So I sent her a message giving her stick for her love for the US office, so we have a little banter going on at the minute. She seems like a high roller though :(

#intheslums

If you rate each other high it tells you

You get an email about someone "choosing you" that looks like this:

WNVgd.jpg

But the site says that I have 5 people who rated me high recently, but I got no email.

yeah me to
UrdEz.png

I think its the same with Badoo. If you happen to rate each other highly you get a notification you've chosen each other. if you don't, it waits in a list til you upgrade your account

Just an update, went on a date on my last date on friday. Girl was really sweet but not my type in person.

Ashhong

yeah me to
UrdEz.png

I think its the same with Badoo. If you happen to rate each other highly you get a notification you've chosen each other. if you don't, it waits in a list til you upgrade your account

Just an update, went on a date on my last date on friday. Girl was really sweet but not my type in person.

9 people? Show off.

Rookje

So I just signed up a month or so ago but didn't really check the site, and it says I have these recent visitors:

OZfkT.png

Other than the 1st one, they're all pretty cute. This has to be fake right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom