• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

Hey you live around IE? Me too.

Anyway, did they message you? No? Means nothing!

just kidding, you should send them a message

Minion101

Banned
yeah me to
UrdEz.png

I think its the same with Badoo. If you happen to rate each other highly you get a notification you've chosen each other. if you don't, it waits in a list til you upgrade your account

Just an update, went on a date on my last date on friday. Girl was really sweet but not my type in person.

Where do I see this?

Edit: Nevermind I found it. 2 have rated me on my 2 week old profile.

Pastry

Banned
So what is GAF's verdict on sending two messages in a row with some time in between, she hasn't been online since I sent the first. Just finished a book and I'm looking for a recommendation from one of her favorite authors. Wondering if I should just wait until the next message from her to avoid seeming creepy.

UFRA

So what is GAF's verdict on sending two messages in a row with some time in between, she hasn't been online since I sent the first. Just finished a book and I'm looking for a recommendation from one of her favorite authors. Wondering if I should just wait until the next message from her to avoid seeming creepy.

Well I look at it this way. Unless by some crazy glitch in the system she didn't get the first message, the second one is only going to make you seem clingy. So either just deal with it if she doesn't respond, or you can say to hell with it and send the second one since you really don't have anything to lose anyways.

Pastry

Banned
Well I look at it this way. Unless by some crazy glitch in the system she didn't get the first message, the second one is only going to make you seem clingy. So either just deal with it if she doesn't respond, or you can say to hell with it and send the second one since you really don't have anything to lose anyways.

I'm pretty confident she'll respond as she seems interested, I just legitimately want a book recommendation haha so I'll ask y'all instead of sending a second message and seeming creepy. Cat's Cradle or Mother Night?

Invisible Man

aka SexyNerd
Going on my first date from OKC later today around 5:30PM. Gonna grab a bite to eat at a seafood place and she said if everything goes smoothly she wants to go to the movies to either see Dredd or Resident Evil.

Wish me luck guys!

Let me ask you guys. Of the girls that either you've messaged, gone out with, or simply viewed your profile how many put that they wanted kids?

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Let me ask you guys. Of the girls that either you've messaged, gone out with, or simply viewed your profile how many put that they wanted kids?

Never look at that, honestly. Though I do look to see if they already have kids. That's a deal breaker for me, personally.

Invisible Man

aka SexyNerd
Back from the date! Went really well.

Went and ate crab cakes and then walked around a park. Made out on the some rocks facing the water for a good bit. Then walked around for a bit talking before finally going home. She dropped my off since my brother had to drop me off. We made out for a sec before I got out of the car.

Some quick notes:

After we had got done eating and then went to walk to her car I grabbed her hand and she said thanks. But she also went in for a kiss on the lips which caught me off guard and she caught me on the cheek. I laughed it off and said I wasn't that easy and that she would have to work for it.

She told me about her other dates from OKC. 1st guy she couldn't really see what he looked like on OKC, turned out he was only 5 foot tall and with her being 5' 5" she said it was awkward. 2nd guy she said started of well enough but then the guy asked her to give him a blow job. I am her third and when I asked her how the night was going she said awesome. I joked and said, "way better than the 2nd guy huh".

She's a fast eater. Which is good since I'm one too.

Overall it was a good first date. Like literally my first date. Ever.

Back from the date! Went really well.

Went and ate crab cakes and then walked around a park. Made out on the some rocks facing the water for a good bit. Then walked around for a bit talking before finally going home. She dropped my off since my brother had to drop me off. We made out for a sec before I got out of the car.

Some quick notes:

After we had got done eating and then went to walk to her car I grabbed her hand and she said thanks. But she also went in for a kiss on the lips which caught me off guard and she caught me on the cheek. I laughed it off and said I wasn't that easy and that she would have to work for it.

She told me about her other dates from OKC. 1st guy she couldn't really see what he looked like on OKC, turned out he was only 5 foot tall and with her being 5' 5" she said it was awkward. 2nd guy she said started of well enough but then the guy asked her to give him a blow job. I am her third and when I asked her how the night was going she said awesome. I joked and said, "way better than the 2nd guy huh".

She's a fast eater. Which is good since I'm one too.

Overall it was a good first date. Like literally my first date. Ever.

How was it your first date ever???? You're super good looking!

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
You could do a test my googling your first name + your city or state and see if anything pops up. If nothing shows up you should be good.

Nothing really shows up but I know I've been featured in the city newspaper (my full name + city brought up the image from the article) so who knows.

I was more or less curious as to how other people go about it.

Invisible Man

aka SexyNerd
Nothing really shows up but I know I've been featured in the city newspaper (my full name + city brought up the image from the article) so who knows.

I was more or less curious as to how other people go about it.

As long as you got nothing bad to hide that could be online I wouldn't worry about it if it were me.

Unfortunately, my username brings up some rather interesting pics that looks like I can't take down.

Uh, guys.....

You know that "give each other 5 stars" things thats been going on?

I think it might actually have an effect.

So when I joined the website, I set myself as anonymous with an empty profile and just browsed. I used a trick listed earlier in this thread about going by age. That is, if you're 24, and you search 18-25, 90% of what the website will show you will be 23-25 even if you have a 100% match thats 18. So you have to go year by year (ie, 19-19).

So I did that. I did 25 miles and 50 miles. I did online last week, online last month. I did by friends and by match.

Generally, i got a damn good idea of what the " market" looks like.

It was creepy even, and Im ok with that.

So then I actually filled out my profile, put a picture, and set myself to see visitors.

Generally, the girls were the same.

Then this past week I did the 5 star thing with some of you guys...

Well, today I go online, hit search.....and the girls that populated were almost all very good looking.

I had searched extensively, and suddenly my list has some hot girls who have had account for more than a week and yet would not appear on my earlier searches....

Im damn sure they had been hidden from my searches.

Also, profile visits? Active. I have a good amount of girls looking at me, which was NOT the case the last time I used the website.

So Im 99% sure the 5 star thing DOES work. If anyone is interested in doing it who hasnt, use the PMs.

Ashhong

I'm so sad guys, I can no longer browse privately while still seeing my visitors. Don't know why I was able to before, but it's gone now :( Lame...

So I started messaging people tonight, thanks to the confidence boost listed in my above post.

Within the last hour I messaged 3, two have replied so far. One has given me her number.

Pastry

Banned
So I started messaging people tonight, thanks to the confidence boost listed in my above post.

Within the last hour I messaged 3, two have replied so far. One has given me her number.

Well shit I might have to jump in on this then. Who else is partaking?

edit: PMs sent to some of you.

Ashhong

Is the only benefit that they can't see you browsed their profile?

Pretty much. I liked being able to check out a girls profile later on, or as I'm talking to her to double check her facts. Now I have to turn on private browsing if I don't want her to know I'm constantly on her profile lol. Creepy.

Ashhong

Got one date, talking to a few, made a penpal, and set up 2 dates with 1 girl 2 days apart from each other. Decent success. Why do you target Asians?

Pretty much. I liked being able to check out a girls profile later on, or as I'm talking to her to double check her facts. Now I have to turn on private browsing if I don't want her to know I'm constantly on her profile lol. Creepy.

i'm pretty sure it only notifies them of you visting their profile once, it even says somewhere "you can stalk their profile in peace of mind" or something

crush7337

Banned
So things have still been going well with that girl I posted about a few weeks back. Had our 4th date yesterday afternoon which got extended into the night and then this morning. Got to meet her roommates and some of her friends. Safe to say the OKC account will be getting disabled soon.

Pastry

Banned
it only notifies once, but it will update your last visit time under the "visitors" page

Yea, but I'll show up again higher on her visitor's list with what time it was. Oh well.

Hmm so I'm confused about how this works. Normally you only show up once as a visitor and if you return to the profile it will just update with the new time instead of adding a second visit?

With anonymous browsing you're anonymous and won't show up as a visitor at all?

So that girl I slept with on the weekend isn't texting back. I'm not ready for another serious relationship or anything, but I wouldn't mind keeping up the sex/casual dating with her for a while. Mildly annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom