• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al-ibn Kermit

That's what I thought, but she says that he was really embarrassed afterwards. She says that the very least, she got some free tacos out of it.

Ashhong

So what do you guys include in messages? I've only messaged one girl so far, just haven't had time lately. She's viewed my profile twice since then, but hasn't replied...

Also, do you guys get messages from other guys? How the hell does that happen... I had to take a double take to make sure my profile said I'm straight.

Lastly, all the girls that are in my "Viewed your profile" are way better looking than the ones I find through "My matches" or searching. What's up with that?

I guess the girls that view your profile are not actually matches to you? And your only matches are the uglier ones lol..

dralla

I don't think anyone actually gives a shit about "matches"...read profile, look at pictures, send message if you're interested.

So some girl messaged me like a week ago and she's not my type at all. I responded anyways, seeing as it's nice to be pursued for once. She gave me her number without me asking and we proceeded to text for a while.

Fast forward to today, 3 days since i last texted her and getting drunk in the afternoon to celebrate getting a new job, i straight up asked her if she wanted to have sex. Of course she turned me down, says she wants a relationship. But then she's gonna call me after she gets off work.

It's weird how i would NEVER try this with a girl i actually like, but the alcohol brought out my inner asshole.

Ashhong

So some girl messaged me like a week ago and she's not my type at all. I responded anyways, seeing as it's nice to be pursued for once. She gave me her number without me asking and we proceeded to text for a while.

Fast forward to today, 3 days since i last texted her and getting drunk in the afternoon to celebrate getting a new job, i straight up asked her if she wanted to have sex. Of course she turned me down, says she wants a relationship. But then she's gonna call me after she gets off work.

It's weird how i would NEVER try this with a girl i actually like, but the alcohol brought out my inner asshole.

The fact that she even replied means that yes, she wants to have sex.

DrBo42

Just came across this profile:

3305052437807187657.jpeg

Ashhong

Got a date that I'm pretty excited about tonight. We are hanging out in her area and she's trying to plan most of it, but quick GAF, what are some good things to do on a date??? Would be nice if I had some suggestions when we are out I think.

Got a date that I'm pretty excited about tonight. We are hanging out in her area and she's trying to plan most of it, but quick GAF, what are some good things to do on a date??? Would be nice if I had some suggestions when we are out I think.

I got nothing mate. Just be casual and enjoy yourself, hope it goes well :)

What is she/what are you already planning on doing?

Ashhong

What is she/what are you already planning on doing?

I'm not sure anymore. It was supposed to be the beach, then dinner, then maybe movie or karaoke. I had to push it back so I don't think theres time for the beach, unless we go at night. We're going to a bar type place to eat, that's all I know. She was asking me yesterday for ideas because she didn't know lol. Karaoke is out because she cant drink and drive. Maybe movie?

I'm not sure anymore. It was supposed to be the beach, then dinner, then maybe movie or karaoke. I had to push it back so I don't think theres time for the beach, unless we go at night. We're going to a bar type place to eat, that's all I know. She was asking me yesterday for ideas because she didn't know lol. Karaoke is out because she cant drink and drive. Maybe movie?

I think that karaoke or a pub would be better than a movie, but the ideal would be if you could just walk everywhere rather than drive. Walking is much better for conversation and lets you be more flexible, but depending on where you live this obviously may not be an option.

Is there any sort of dessert or drinks place on the beach you could go to after dinner?

Stories like these make me miss this site :(

Ashhong

I think that karaoke or a pub would be better than a movie, but the ideal would be if you could just walk everywhere rather than drive. Walking is much better for conversation and lets you be more flexible, but depending on where you live this obviously may not be an option.

Is there any sort of dessert or drinks place on the beach you could go to after dinner?

Yea karaoke is out because we both need alcohol, but its not within walking distance of anywhere for us to sober up after lol. And depending on what time I get to her, the pub/bar is the first place we're going, for dinner.

Maybe I'll just suggest an area that we can walk around, even if it's like the mall or something. It's her area though, so I don't know what's around her.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Yea karaoke is out because we both need alcohol, but its not within walking distance of anywhere for us to sober up after lol. And depending on what time I get to her, the pub/bar is the first place we're going, for dinner.

Maybe I'll just suggest an area that we can walk around, even if it's like the mall or something. It's her area though, so I don't know what's around her.

What beach? You're in LA right? If its SM/Venice there's plenty to eat, see, and do. I always like that area due to the options where you can decide on the fly and not be bothered in trying to plan out everything ahead of time.

Ashhong

What beach? You're in LA right? If its SM/Venice there's plenty to eat, see, and do. I always like that area due to the options where you can decide on the fly and not be bothered in trying to plan out everything ahead of time.

She lives in Torrance. Gonna be up to her if she wants to go up to SM in traffic. I figure that would be a safe bet though, because then we could walk around SM pier. Maybe eat dinner then go up to SM..thanks for the suggestions. Really like this girl so want it to go smoothly, but I guess the best way to do that is to not overthink it.

Just got in. Went to a bar next to the pier by the beach. Made out at the bar. Then told her I needed to sober up before driving and suggested going to the beach for some air. Ended up having sex by the lifeguard station...twice. Got a parking ticket, but good night overall.

My female coworker got over 200 messages in one week after joining the site. I've had maybe three messages in three years. I'm a pretty good looking guy too. Women do not have to work whatsoever on these sites.

Darklord

Banned
My female coworker got over 200 messages in one week after joining the site. I've had maybe three messages in three years. I'm a pretty good looking guy too. Women do not have to work whatsoever on these sites.

It's like the gold rush era. Men are the filthy diggers hunting in the mud next to the river and the women are the gold.

It's like the gold rush era. Men are the filthy diggers hunting in the mud next to the river and the women are the gold.

She's already complaining about creeps on the site, yet she has dated some of them and continues to date off of the web site. I wanted to call her a hypocrite, but she loves attention and I tend to mind my own business.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Just got in. Went to a bar next to the pier by the beach. Made out at the bar. Then told her I needed to sober up before driving and suggested going to the beach for some air. Ended up having sex by the lifeguard station...twice. Got a parking ticket, but good night overall.

Epic effort.

If true: /brofist

Ashhong

Haha wow, my day didn't go anything like this. Had a really nice time with her and I like her but I'm such a pussy when making moves. Fuck.

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
Good to see gaf having such luck. I've been on a dry spell the last 3 weeks; girls peep my profile after a msg but no response. Any Ideas to help make my profile better?

Will pm my profile

Invisible Man

aka SexyNerd
Haha wow, my day didn't go anything like this. Had a really nice time with her and I like her but I'm such a pussy when making moves. Fuck.

Not even kissing?

It wasn't easy for me, but I did it. When we were sitting on the rocks looking at the water she was kind of in a daze since she loves the water, so I leaned my head on her shoulder and made a puckering sound with my lips. After that we were making out pretty heavily.

Ashhong

Not even kissing?

It wasn't easy for me, but I did it. When we were sitting on the rocks looking at the water she was kind of in a daze since she loves the water, so I leaned my head on her shoulder and made a puckering sound with my lips. After that we were making out pretty heavily.

Nope, just too hard for me. To be fair though, I feel like it would have been too soon with this girl. I think it's going to be a slow burner as we get comfortable.

However I went out with another one today and we were making out in my car. I think that was because of the weed though. :)

Bleepey

I love it when women claim they have it just as hard. I mean the mental gymnastics they go through to argue equivalency: a lot of them only want sex, I have to read their profiles and then ignore them, a lot of them arent cute, a lot are copy and paste, it's you ladylike to message first. I then ask them if they'd like to have a 10% response rate and half of those lead to nothing and only get messages first 3 times ever and they can never say they would swap. I got in an argument with a girl on Gaf over this, whenever I asked her if she'd trade places she'd never respond. She also was full of shit cos she claimed women have to work just as hard as men.

I love it when women claim they have it just as hard. I mean the mental gymnastics they go through to argue equivalency: a lot of them only want sex, I have to read their profiles and then ignore them, a lot of them arent cute, a lot are copy and paste, it's you ladylike to message first. I then ask them if they'd like to have a 10% response rate and half of those lead to nothing and only get messages first 3 times ever and they can never say they would swap. I got in an argument with a girl on Gaf over this, whenever I asked her if she'd trade places she'd never respond. She also was full of shit cos she claimed women have to work just as hard as men.

Women hardly ever have to work when it comes to dating. The gulf in effort is even more pronounced on dating sites. Don't even get me started on women that join these sites looking for friends or are already dating someone. They know that dating sites can function as ego boosts and they take full advantage of it.

Prodigal

Banned
I think I'm giving up on this online dating business. I've been on a few dates from Cupid but they didn't really lead to anything, and these other girls that are giving me their numbers never follow through on plans I try to make with them. I know it's lame to be pussying out on something stupid as online dating but it's just not worth the effort for me right now. I've been single for 11 years now and it's just fucking depressing as shit. Maybe I should be posting this in the Depression OT instead. lol

Sorry to clutter up the thread with this shit, hope you guys have some better luck than I did.

Nope, just too hard for me. To be fair though, I feel like it would have been too soon with this girl. I think it's going to be a slow burner as we get comfortable.

However I went out with another one today and we were making out in my car. I think that was because of the weed though. :)
Good shit!

Rad-

I hate that I live in such a small city. 99% of the profiles here are horrible and the remaining 1% doesn't answer back. I just took a look at some bigger city profiles and they are full of interesting profiles. Fuck. :/

Rookje

I think I'm giving up on this online dating business. I've been on a few dates from Cupid but they didn't really lead to anything, and these other girls that are giving me their numbers never follow through on plans I try to make with them. I know it's lame to be pussying out on something stupid as online dating but it's just not worth the effort for me right now. I've been single for 11 years now and it's just fucking depressing as shit. Maybe I should be posting this in the Depression OT instead. lol

Sorry to clutter up the thread with this shit, hope you guys have some better luck than I did.

Better than me. All the girls I message view my profile but dont' message me back. #fml

kunonabi

At least you got a few dates. I can't even get a message or a reply.

RichieS99

Banned
Ok I hope nobody minds that Im gonna take a run at the profiles and give some advice and comments.

Kun man Im starting with you. Your profile is pretty sweet and the pic in the suit, Hell man Id hit it. One thing I want you to change because I think you are better off dropping the gaming comments from it. Also remove the first half of the message me if comments. Try not to put negatives into it. The friday night is the same remove the bits about Im single so gaming and studying. You do that I promise you messages man.

Cad dude your profile. I FUCKING LOVE IT. It might be the best thing I have ever seen.

Chas man get a pic up.

Last but not least. Im not even sure if you are here but Electric. MARRY ME. How on gods earth have you not been taken yet I will never understand.

Ok so now people comments on mine. I can spot these things on your profiles but I cant see it on mine being that my heads so far up my own arse.

I've had some ups and downs in terms of luck with Okcupid lately, but tonight I came across a profile where she said "I still like Pokemon" down toward the bottom of the profile.

So, in an effort to stand out, I sent her the following message. I'll report back if she replies to it. It's probably a bit too silly to be taken seriously:

I wanna be the very best
Like no one ever was
To date you is my real test
To impress you is my cause

I will travel across DeLand
Searching far and wide
Our dates will always be grand
Even when inside

[Redacted], its you and me
I know it's our destiny
[Redacted], oh, you could be my best friend
And I hope this song won't offend
[Redacted], a heart so true
Our chemistry will pull us through

You date me and I'll date you
[Redddddaccccted]! Gotta give me a call!

KissVibes

Banned
I've had some ups and downs in terms of luck with Okcupid lately, but tonight I came across a profile where she said "I still like Pokemon" down toward the bottom of the profile.

So, in an effort to stand out, I sent her the following message. I'll report back if she replies to it. It's probably a bit too silly to be taken seriously:

I wanna be the very best
Like no one ever was
To date you is my real test
To impress you is my cause

I will travel across DeLand
Searching far and wide
Our dates will always be grand
Even when inside

[Redacted], its you and me
I know it's our destiny
[Redacted], oh, you could be my best friend
And I hope this song won't offend
[Redacted], a heart so true
Our chemistry will pull us through

You date me and I'll date you
[Redddddaccccted]! Gotta give me a call!

If that works, I'll give you a digital high five.

Let's be honest, the only clever line in there was "I will travel across DeLand" because it works in Florida.

But! I'm optimistic for it being at least different than the usual messages I send out every once in a while.

kunonabi

Ok I hope nobody minds that Im gonna take a run at the profiles and give some advice and comments.

Kun man Im starting with you. Your profile is pretty sweet and the pic in the suit, Hell man Id hit it. One thing I want you to change because I think you are better off dropping the gaming comments from it. Also remove the first half of the message me if comments. Try not to put negatives into it. The friday night is the same remove the bits about Im single so gaming and studying. You do that I promise you messages man.

Cad dude your profile. I FUCKING LOVE IT. It might be the best thing I have ever seen.

Chas man get a pic up.

Last but not least. Im not even sure if you are here but Electric. MARRY ME. How on gods earth have you not been taken yet I will never understand.

Ok so now people comments on mine. I can spot these things on your profiles but I cant see it on mine being that my heads so far up my own arse.

Went ahead and made some edits. Your profile seems fine to me but again I'm no expert on these things. I'm not sure about the mom comment though. I hear girls like men who lare close with their moms but none of the girls I know have ever found it appealing.

UFRA

Let's be honest, the only clever line in there was "I will travel across DeLand" because it works in Florida.

But! I'm optimistic for it being at least different than the usual messages I send out every once in a while.

The only person I ever met off of OKC was a result of me sending an unusual message.

Never know what will happen.

RichieS99

Banned
Went ahead and made some edits. Your profile seems fine to me but again I'm no expert on these things. I'm not sure about the mom comment though. I hear girls like men who lare close with their moms but none of the girls I know have ever found it appealing.

Thanks Man I looked your profile. I reckon that will help you a lot more. The mom thing is a bit of aul Irish Humor. Also as was said a few posts ago. The weird comments work. I told one girl she reminds me of "boo" from Baldurs Gate. I even got a reply.

Also a big thank you to gaf. My profile now has more male views than female :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom