• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kid ness

What's to regret? Take a shot.
I guess I meant asking her out too soon, but you're right.
I've had this type of thing happen a couple of times where all they do is answer the question and don't bother asking you anything. It sucks. After a couple of exchanges and realizing that's what they were doing I dropped them and moved on. I figured if they had SOME interest in you then they would take the time to ask you something.
Yeah, that's my way of thinking exactly. It's frustrating.
If someone likes you, it will be obvious they like you.
I thought by answering my message it was assumed she was somewhat interested. She visited my profile then responded, I guess I thought that was enough -- I know some people just respond to a good portion of messages they receive just to clear their conscience, and so they don't feel bad. I think it's better to just ignore the message and not lead somebody on, or give them false hope.

Thanks for the responses guys. Still going to ask her out.

kid ness

Forgot to mention that I got an e-mail that from OKCupid saying that she "rated me highly" after I messaged her. So I guess that's a plus!

dralla

Talking to a girl on OKC. I really liked her profile, seems like a cool girl. I've sent two messages and she's responded both times. I opened both with funny remarks about her profile, then asking her about herself. Both times, she gives a thoughtful answer but then ends it there, without asking me anything, making me the one who has to keep the conversation.
holy shit dude, I've had this happen to the extreme. Not only did she not keep the conversation going, she would answer in 1-10 words tops, it was crazy. But she did seem cool by her profile and I figured if we started texting it would be different, she'd be a little more talkative...nope! Even in text, just a few words, I carry the convo. So I figure 'she won't be like this in person', so we meet up..what the fuck, she is. Luckily she says a lot more in person, but still, she can't really keep conversations going, it's all me. But still, I keep trying! I've got no interest in dating this girl and she says she's only looking to meet up with people and have a good time, nothing too serious, and that's OK with me. We're actually gonna go get some dinner some time this week or next. We do get along well, our first meet up was really interesting to say the least lol, but yea, talking to her is like pulling teeth sometimes. Hanging out once or twice a month is kinda my sweet spot with her.

Uchip

Banned
oh my god
after changing my profile to say that im from a wealthy family I get messages within the next few minutes. Amazing.

Pastry

Banned
Haha so I just got a message from an attractive girl that I had been messaging about a month ago, she hadn't logged on since. I had kind of given up on it but now I'm trying to figure out how to work this. I'll probably wait a couple of hours to respond to avoid looking needy or desperate. I might just pull the trigger in this next message and ask if she wants to meet for dinner since she logs on so rarely and it'd take forever to continue this communication. Hmmm

Bleepey

oh my god
after changing my profile to say that im from a wealthy family I get messages within the next few minutes. Amazing.

lol are you serious? So far, we have concluded that topless photos increase your response raet, according to you showing you have money increases your response rate too, so if someone who is well hung takes a pic of themselves in speedos diving into a private pool then he'l get more messages than he will know what to do with. Then we can see that looks, money, and size do matter.

lol are you serious? So far, we have concluded that topless photos increase your response raet, according to you showing you have money increases your response rate too, so if someone who is well hung takes a pic of themselves in speedos diving into a private pool then he'l get more messages than he will know what to do with. Then we can see that looks, money, and size do matter.

I still think the 5 star thing we were doing a few weeks ago seriously helped, although I didnt hear from the other guys if it helped them at all?

Pastry

Banned
I still think the 5 star thing we were doing a few weeks ago seriously helped, although I didnt hear from the other guys if it helped them at all?

I think my quiver matches have gotten more attractive but I'm not exactly sure, I'm assuming this is what the you're hot e-mail changes when it says you'll see more attractive people? The hottest girl I have gotten continued responses from I found in just a random search. Just asked her to dinner actually, fingers crossed on this one.

megamerican

I think my quiver matches have gotten more attractive but I'm not exactly sure, I'm assuming this is what the you're hot e-mail changes when it says you'll see more attractive people? The hottest girl I have gotten continued responses from I found in just a random search. Just asked her to dinner actually, fingers crossed on this one.

After I got the email my matches went from primarily heftier types to women almost intimidatingly attractive. I wish there was more of a middle ground.

Invisible Man

aka SexyNerd
Going on our 4th date tomorrow. Going to the zoo and then eating some buffalo chicken pizza.

I'll have the house to myself tomorrow as well. So, I'm hoping to make the move to sex with her. But, this is completely uncharted territory for me.

Would mentioning that I finally have the house to myself be enough of a hint to her so I could gauge her reaction?

Any tips would be welcomed.

I never got the attractive email, though I did the last time I tried this. Maybe I've gotten much uglier in two years.

Anyway, I'm at 75 messages sent out. One failed date. I think I'm going to delete my profile.

Good luck, OKC GAF. Hope you do better than I did.

Ashhong

lolol so I broke up with that girl I moved really fast with. Guess I burnt out, oh well. Glad I burnt out quickly rather than wasting my time. Time to reactivate OKC !

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I might just be on this site forever. Agh.
LLShC.gif

Got a date set up with a girl I've been texting back and forth quite a bit this weekend. She's really chill and nice and I love her personality but without sounding like a jerk, she's not my usual type. She's not ugly or bad or anything, just not my type. Will see what happens. Great personality, though she's really religious which might be a problem later.
The more I talk to her the more attracted I am to her right now. Really close to what I look for personality wise, from what I can tell. Plus she gyms and exercises a lot so like, it can all change haha.
Got a date that I'm pretty excited about tonight. We are hanging out in her area and she's trying to plan most of it, but quick GAF, what are some good things to do on a date??? Would be nice if I had some suggestions when we are out I think.
Haha wow, my day didn't go anything like this. Had a really nice time with her and I like her but I'm such a pussy when making moves. Fuck.
Fucking success! Girl I met last weekend and I decided to take the plunge and date exclusively. We realize it's pretty fast but want to take the risk. Have texted each other like over 2000 messages in the past week. Probably more.

Thanks OKC-GAF for the advice and such. I'll be checking in here still once in a while :) Time to deactivate my profile..
Haha that's pretty much the exact same attitude the girl I saw for 2 dates had. Then she all of a sudden realized how much she actually wants to be with me and that was the end of that :) You should ask her what the difference between the 2 are. That's how I won her over.
Alright guys, I no this is no longer OKC territory, but I have to ask. How fast is too fast? How do you deal with that infatuation stage where it seriously feels like love? This girl and I have only known each other for like 2 weeks now...but we are talking practically 24/7 and are crazy about each other. I know people say "dont overthink it" and I'm trying not to.

My biggest issue is that I (we) cannot stop thinking about each other, and I feel like I'm in love, but in my head I'm trying to tell myself "no way, it's way too soon. You're crazy." But I dont know what else to call this feeling lol. Just infatuation? Bigger than I've ever felt "infatuated"

#firstworldproblems

Let me just repeat because I feel it's important, we both feel this way about each other. It's not just me obsessing over her or something. We feel like it's so fast but at the same time don't want to slow down. WTF is this feeling???
She's actually religious and wants to wait until marriage, though she's said multiple times that she may not be able to resist lol. The crazy thing is that I'm OK with it. That is how I know I am officially too into her haha.

Lol good point. Pretty much what we are doing. I dont think we will burn out. Been doing some cheesy ass shit that I will not share here to spare what little dignity I have left lol.
lolol so I broke up with that girl I moved really fast with. Guess I burnt out, oh well. Glad I burnt out quickly rather than wasting my time. Time to reactivate OKC !

OKCupid: A Tragedy in Three Acts
By Ashhong.

It's been a good week. Got a date tomorrow and talking to two more chicks. But I have a question

Am I wrong to think that a little texting before the date is good? Obviously we are busy and we have no idea what's going on with someone else, but the the convo today went something like:

Me) Hey, I'm ok for Friday. Are you?
Her) Yeah, say 9
Me) Yeah cool. We are both used to the area, where are you favourite spots
Her) ......

Lol. I'm not expecting a full blown convo. But gimmie something to work with!

Bleepey

It's been a good week. Got a date tomorrow and talking to two more chicks. But I have a question

Am I wrong to think that a little texting before the date is good? Obviously we are busy and we have no idea what's going on with someone else, but the the convo today went something like:

Me) Hey, I'm ok for Friday. Are you?
Her) Yeah, say 9
Me) Yeah cool. We are both used to the area, where are you favourite spots
Her) ......

Lol. I'm not expecting a full blown convo. But gimmie something to work with!

I once had text sex with a milf I met on OKC. Stealth or overt bragging i don't care but we got it on pretty much the moment we met. It was weird having to sneak into her house so her Au Pair would not see me. It was like I was playing MGS, she was on the phone telling me to wait behind her hedge, then run to her door and not knock, then wait in her living room, then stealthily sneak into her room. Shit was weird but fun.

long story short, just do it

Edit: I once said something stupid via text and I fucked my chances with one of the hottest girls I had ever made out with. This girl was gorgeous. I still cry myself about it

so just be cautious.

Az987

all good things
I once had text sex with a milf I met on OKC. Stealth or overt bragging i don't care but we got it on pretty much the moment we met. It was weird having to sneak into her house so her Au Pair would not see me. It was like I was playing MGS, she was on the phone telling me to wait behind her hedge, then run to her door and not knock, then wait in her living room, then stealthily sneak into her room. Shit was weird but fun.

Text sex lol? That sounds hot.

Ashhong

OKCupid: A Tragedy in Three Acts
By Ashhong.

I hate you lol.

Nothing happened, I just burnt out, decided I didn't see a future. I still don't regret any of it though. Also, I think I just finally accepted the fact that I am not physically attracted to her, no matter what I told myself.

I hate you lol.

Nothing happened, I just burnt out, decided I didn't see a future. I still don't regret any of it though. Also, I think I just finally accepted the fact that I am not physically attracted to her, no matter what I told myself.

Damn Ash. Glad you didn't crash to hard. I was worried you weren't managing your expectations when you were posting all that infatuation stuff. The first couple of weeks can be a whirlwind for sure.

Ashhong

Haha yea, reading back on it....I still dont understand it. That infatuation hit hard. My 1 year relationship that recently ended was way more me than her, so I guess it was just really nice to have it be mutual for once. No crashing here though, and she still wants to be friends, which is fine with me.

dralla

so I was at work today and a girl I messaged on OKC came in lol it was kinda strange, she didn't answer my message back and she was with a guy, who I'm guessing was her BF now.

Ashhong

so I was at work today and a girl I messaged on OKC came in lol it was kinda strange, she didn't answer my message back and she was with a guy, who I'm guessing was her BF now.

You recognize someone like that? lol Should have called her by her screenname

Hatten

I don't know why but after completing more tests that I can remember all the suggestions I get from OKC are from weird ass chicks: 70% are bisexuals, most have ink all over the place and at least half are tryhard hipster types

My theory is that under religion I put atheist and "don't really care" when it asked about the girl's religion.

All these chicks are either atheist, temporal-atheist-to-piss-my-parents or spiritual stuff like wiccans and goths

Which is funny because despite being an atheist if I were religious I would be a model believer since most of the stuff I don't do is the same than very religious people say you shouldn't do

Guess normal-but-religious chicks can't hang around with an atheist no matter how well-behaved he is....

Damn dates flaked out I think..

txt her this morning to say I can't make the date tonight as I'm not feeling too well.

Then I checked OKC this morning and realised her profile had gone. But I can't see whether she has just blocked me, or deleted her account.

Pastry

Banned
I don't know why but after completing more tests that I can remember all the suggestions I get from OKC are from weird ass chicks: 70% are bisexuals, most have ink all over the place and at least half are tryhard hipster types

My theory is that under religion I put atheist and "don't really care" when it asked about the girl's religion.

All these chicks are either atheist, temporal-atheist-to-piss-my-parents or spiritual stuff like wiccans and goths

Which is funny because despite being an atheist if I were religious I would be a model believer since most of the stuff I don't do is the same than very religious people say you shouldn't do

Guess normal-but-religious chicks can't hang around with an atheist no matter how well-behaved he is....

Maybe go back and remove some of your tests or questions? I answered the absolute minimum required for everything (except my profile).

Loona

Maybe go back and remove some of your tests or questions? I answered the absolute minimum required for everything (except my profile).

I don't recall seeing that option there, just some to make everything secret or public.

Odd situation, while I'm at it - there's this girl who seems to take a couple of weeks to reply everytime, though I found myself replying back fairly quickly. I'm enjoying the exchanges, and there's a faint possibility of meeting at this race by the end of the month.
I feel I maybe should take longer to reply, but then that might make her delays even longer...

Pastry

Banned
I don't recall seeing that option there, just some to make everything secret or public.

Odd situation, while I'm at it - there's this girl who seems to take a couple of weeks to reply everytime, though I found myself replying back fairly quickly. I'm enjoying the exchanges, and there's a faint possibility of meeting at this race by the end of the month.
I feel I maybe should take longer to reply, but then that might make her delays even longer...

Haha I'm in this exact situation right now. Very attractive girl and she seems interested in me but she doesn't log on for weeks at a time. When she does log on I'll get a message so I know she is still interested. Last message I got was two days ago and went something along the lines of answered a question I had asked, asked me how I had been doing and then commented on how she hadn't checked her messages in a long time. I figured fuck it and responded later that day asking if she wanted to grab dinner or lunch sometime soon. If I didn't ask now it would take forever to get that setup. I think you should just pull the trigger on your next meassage and ask if she wants to meet up.

Damn dates flaked out I think..

txt her this morning to say I can't make the date tonight as I'm not feeling too well.

Then I checked OKC this morning and realised her profile had gone. But I can't see whether she has just blocked me, or deleted her account.

Blocking just means you can't message her.

I'm going back in.

Got a date tonight at some fancy bar in DTLA. This chick believes creationism should be taught alongside evolution in schools and she's pre-med. I was also pre-med, and i don't know how anyone with a science background can think that. Gonna try to avoid bringing it up, because it's all downhill from there. As usual i will be looking to escalate and see how far i can go. I won't respect myself in the morning if i don't at least try lol

Ashhong

I'm going back in.

Got a date tonight at some fancy bar in DTLA. This chick believes creationism should be taught alongside evolution in schools and she's pre-med. I was also pre-med, and i don't know how anyone with a science background can think that. Gonna try to avoid bringing it up, because it's all downhill from there. As usual i will be looking to escalate and see how far i can go. I won't respect myself in the morning if i don't at least try lol

I know that feel lol

~Kinggi~

Banned
I got rid of my account like a week ago. Bullshit was too depressing checking it each week to see if anyone bothered to message me. I think with it disabled, im only slightly happier as its not on my mind as much. I felt like shit passing the clubbing area from work today. Bunch of hot young people having fun. How they do dat?

This is sounds ridiculously awesome. Fucking Solid snake up in this bitch

I got rid of my account like a week ago. Bullshit was too depressing checking it each week to see if anyone bothered to message me. I think with it disabled, im only slightly happier as its not on my mind as much. I felt like shit passing the clubbing area from work today. Bunch of hot young people having fun. How they do dat?

Out of curiosity, how old are you?

Mully

I re-joined after a few nightmares about my ex made me realize I needed some loving. I got six messages in one day and I felt great. I messaged one girl and I got five others without even doing anything.

However I left a day later because nearly all of the women I was initially interested in had one of these things on their profile which made them unattractive to me.

1. Nothing on their profile to ask them about or make conversation out of. It's like pulling hairs. Liking dogs and travel are not unique things.
2. "I'm tired of playing games. I want a REAL boyfriend." It just screams immaturity and messiness.
3. Over-emphasis on a stereotype. "I'm a nerd.. I like x, y, and z." "I'm a Italian gurl, I luv my nonna."

This alone made me second guess everything and just find an interesting girl at a party, bar, or random place.

ameratsu

Im 28. Never really had much experience with the ladies. Years of solitude has made me socially impotent.

This is a lousy attitude. There are lots of things you can do to improve yourself, especially at such a young age. Moping isn't going to help you.

This is a lousy attitude. There are lots of things you can do to improve yourself, especially at such a young age. Moping isn't going to help you.

Maybe not. I'm 28, attractive, educated, etc. and I find dating to be impossible. I'm 100% confident I could walk into most clubs and pull tail nightly, but that's not my personality or scene.

Really weird coincidence, a totally gorgeous gal who did my license renewal the other day just showed up on POF. We were flirting a bit the other day, but I'm still really terrible at asking for numbers etc. in real life so nothing happened.

I just sent her a message, we'll see what happens.

mj1108

Wait, are you just sitting back and hoping they find you and message you or are you actually putting yourself out there and messaging girls first?

mooooose

So I signed up for OKCupid on a whim...

I messaged a girl with one sentence in her profile, and one picture, thinking she was a fake profile, but on the other hand, not caring.

It said "replies very selectively" with the big red circle.

I sent her a message (thinking it was fake) being absurdly forward, and said "You're absolutely beautiful, would you like to get coffee sometime?"

She replied an hour later saying, "Hi! Thank you :) Sure!"

Is she a fake? I sent her a message back asking if Monday/Starbucks were good.

I can't understand this.

On the other hand, I've messaged a billion other girls trying to be nice and make conversation and no one has replied.

Bleepey

If you aren't sending at least 10 messages a day on a dating site and I'd recommend 20+ you're most likely not going to get anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom