• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

I'm 99% sure she wasn't fake because no fake would make an account and just say and that she would love a guy who likes Title Fight, Have Heart, and Tiger Jaw and then have a conversation with me...

dralla

Where on LI are you? And how old are you? Just curious cause I'm on LI too and it looks like 90% of the people I wanna message are in the city.

mooooose

20, Stony Brook (going to school). Message girls from the city, even if it is just to talk to them and maybe you get someone to hang out. I also message girls that are like 27 asking the most ridiculous things. I take this site with a grain of salt and only made an account because all my friends were and we wanted to see who could pull the most girls. I've probably found 3 girls I'd seriously like from first look/talk and this girl is one of them, easily the victor actually :(

If I never get a text I will seriously be sad.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I'm 99% sure she wasn't fake because no fake would make an account and just say and that she would love a guy who likes Title Fight, Have Heart, and Tiger Jaw and then have a conversation with me...

It's ok bud. I've seen a ton of "women" have conversations with other guys then vanish overnight just to appear again.

I only question the validity of the person because why would you join a dating site, talk to people with the same interest, then delete the profile unless something fishy was afoot.

zlatko

Banned
I'm not a big fan of dinner on a first date, it's pretty generic and stale.

But a movie is a big no-no for sure. You sit silently in the dark for 1-2 hours and can't talk. What a great way to get to know someone.

I had 3 dates from OKC before the 3rd wound up being my g/f.

All 3 dates involved movies. The first was a movie at my place, the 2nd and 3rd at their place. Just pop in a movie you've both seen or one has seen, then you two can just talk during it and have a reason to cuddle up.

The first date I tried to be quite creative about it. I picked her up, we went and walked around the campus area she goes to school at, grabbed some fruity drinks she likes there, took her back to where I lived to walk the dog around a nice nature reserve, then came to the casa for some movie/fondling, and then took her home.

Date 2 was just I came up, she had a movie in, we talked a lot and had fun, and I ended it with a kiss.

Date 3 was I came up. Popped in a movie we both saw, talked a lot, grabbed a bite to eat, came back for more movie and some cuddling/making out.

Movies work fine, so does food, but you want to avoid a theater. :D

dralla

20, Stony Brook (going to school). Message girls from the city, even if it is just to talk to them and maybe you get someone to hang out. I also message girls that are like 27 asking the most ridiculous things. I take this site with a grain of salt and only made an account because all my friends were and we wanted to see who could pull the most girls. I've probably found 3 girls I'd seriously like from first look/talk and this girl is one of them, easily the victor actually :(

If I never get a text I will seriously be sad.

sup bro, I'm gonna be at sushi palace in center reach on saturday.

zlatko

Banned
Really..??

I haven't done a damn thing but fill my profile and answer questions. Got another one this morning :\

It could be a # of things.

1) You have super attractive pics

2) The girls are not "hot" to many people

3) Your area

4) Random luck/right timing

Either way enjoy it!

dralla

I've been getting harassed by this one girl, she keeps doing the "lets meet up" thing on the OKC App, she sent me a message, checked my profile multiple times, hmm

dralla

has anyone ever done the meet up thing? I do get one when I go to work from this girl, she's not bad looking and seems pretty cool, I was thinking about trying it

Maddocks

this might have been answered but ill ask anyway.

is there a way to have it only show you matches that are 80% and above only? match and friend. I do the quick search and it shows me 50 15% matches before one good match/friend % person. so i would like to end that wasted time clicking skip.

Ashhong

You can sort by friend% or match%...don't think you can have it do both without paying or something.

My suggestion? Sort by who's new. Much higher chance of a response if you message a new person from my experience.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I don't understand the Recent Activity Feed. Why are people outside my region included in this? Can I change this? I'm in Los Angeles and I don't really want to know what girls outside of my state (and outside a 50 mile radius for that matter) are doing on the site. :p

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Entered correspondence with a lovely and geeky lady, this time I started the convo. Hope it goes well, she was quick to respond to my first message.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Play the five star game and they go away

That costs monies, though. :(

I'm just stunned at how many fat chicks are on here. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I expected to see a ton of super models, but it's absolutely shocking how many manatees are flooding the site.

Oblivion

Also, what do you guys say in your first message?

I think I've had about 7 girls respond back to me so far. One is a whale, 2 are okay, and the rest were pretty damn hot except they're all hundreds of miles away. :(

Loona

Been exchanging messages with this foreign girl almost every day for about a week or so, today it got to the point of exchanging phone numbers and some IMs, there are rough plans to meet tomorrow at a pub, let's see how this goes.
Not the kind of situation I'm used to, I'm no extrovert nor does she seem to be, thinking of having a drink or 2 before heading there for the sake of some social lubrication, and here's hoping we haven't worn out most topics of conversation in all the written exchanges...

I don't understand the Recent Activity Feed. Why are people outside my region included in this? Can I change this? I'm in Los Angeles and I don't really want to know what girls outside of my state (and outside a 50 mile radius for that matter) are doing on the site. :p
Are you wanting to meet people "From Anywhere"? Change that setting.

mj1108

this might have been answered but ill ask anyway.

is there a way to have it only show you matches that are 80% and above only? match and friend. I do the quick search and it shows me 50 15% matches before one good match/friend % person. so i would like to end that wasted time clicking skip.

Percentages are worthless on there. The girl I'm seeing on there was a 60% match and 71% friend.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Are you wanting to meet people "From Anywhere"? Change that setting.

Not at all. I have it set to 25-50 mile radius usually. Just to clarify I'm talking about the Recent Activity feed and not my Matches.

I'm from Los Angeles and still getting activity updates for people from San Francisco, San Diego, and as far as Arizona. Maybe just some coding error.

Konosuke

This sucks. I traded about 30 messages with a girl who is 300Km away and asked for her number, but she wanted me to give mine instead. So we kept trying to convince each other to yield, which was fun, but now she hasn't been online for a week. I think I blew it : <

Percentages are worthless on there. The girl I'm seeing on there was a 60% match and 71% friend.

Im beginning to agree with this, I had 3 girls with 80~85% match percentage and everyone stopped replying my messages :|

RedAssedApe

Banned
This sucks. I traded about 30 messages with a girl who is 300Km away and asked for her number, but she wanted me to give mine instead. So we kept trying to convince each other to yield, which was fun, but now she hasn't been online for a week. I think I blew it : <

Did she give a reason for this? Go make a Google Voice one and give that out haha

Oblivion

Not at all. I have it set to 25-50 mile radius usually. Just to clarify I'm talking about the Recent Activity feed and not my Matches.

I'm from Los Angeles and still getting activity updates for people from San Francisco, San Diego, and as far as Arizona. Maybe just some coding error.

For some weird reason, nearly every time you start a new search, the system automatically changes to "special blend", which'll cause results from all over the country to appear. Just change that to something else, and you should be good.

At least, I'm assuming that may be your problem.

Maddocks

Yeah, I agree now. Mostly because I was playing the 4-5 star game and really only wanted top matches instead of.....skip......skip.....skip.....4 stars.......skip....skip...

but now I just go match % read the profile, look at questions answered and then message them.

then I get zero replies. Which is fine, hard to get people to click or have them understand humor if they don't know your kind of humor. What is best type of short message to send from all of your view points? I like to be detailed, to prove I actually read their profile, but im afraid it might come off as nitpicking.

Jhoan

So my conversation with the white chick that hit me up a couple of days dried up; she didn't reply to my response. She last logged in on Friday when I checked yesterday. Should I try to rekindle her interest and send her a second message or move on?

I sent a couple of more messages out yesterday. One chick replied today. I just replied a few minutes ago. How do you guys keep messages from going dry since that always seems to be the case with me? Do you go for the number after about 3 exchanges? I knew I should've gone for number after the third exchange.

Otherwise, since I'm talking to chicks at school, OKC isn't really a high priority for me. It's more supplemental. The only reason I've even hit up chicks and updated my profile/pics is because that one hit me up.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
My rule is that if I send the first message, she replies, I send again, she replies, then I ask for the number. This is of course if this happens over a full day or 2 days. If you're sending messages back and forth in the span of 20 minutes or so, I'll hold off a little longer. As I've found out, the longer you wait to ask, the less likely they'll give it to you.

The worst are the girls that take 2 or more days to reply. That makes it so much harder to abide by the rule because by the time you ask her, it could be the weekend already or she's already talking to some other dude. In those cases, I ask after she replies the first time. I hate having my time wasted on these sites so I go in for the kill ASAP.

Dicer

Banned
Leaving my account alone and not checking every day was the best thing I ever did, I got a lot more views met some really fun chicks and it's so much better than check obsessively and just getting depressed about it, gotta let that shit just happen...

I started up again awhile ago and 99% of the people are out for sex.
They won't always say it but kinda obvious. So if you want that this site seems perfect for you.

Ashhong

How can you tell.

Haha, love how direct and obvious you are.

I only sign on once every few days now (too poor to be dating anyways) and just sort by who's new. Cute girls that fit my search filter used to pop up like 3 or so a day. Now I'm lucky if there's 1 every couple days. :(

Bleepey

Haha, love how direct and obvious you are.

I only sign on once every few days now (too poor to be dating anyways) and just sort by who's new. Cute girls that fit my search filter used to pop up like 3 or so a day. Now I'm lucky if there's 1 every couple days. :(

lol. I got about 5 numbers in the past two days. 3 of these girls are reeeeeeeeeeealy hot. Seriously smoking.

Folks, dont give up.

Chatting with a girl, asked her for her number to text.

No reply.

Three days later I said fuck it, and messaged her again, a joke about her not liking texting. She replied and gave me her number.

A week later, different girl...

Same scenario, chatting it up, I ask for her number on Thursday.

No reply.

On Sunday I make the same joke about texting. She replies, says she doesnt want to give me her number yet because she thinks wed text too much and she has midterms this week, will give me her number on Thursday.

So if she doesnt reply....just give it a shot, theres zero to lose, and a lot to gain.

What is this said joke?

Nothing specific, just it went like this:

Me:
Hey you seem fun to talk to, but it's easier for me to talk over texts than to keep checking this website. Would you mind doing that instead?

Her: NO REPLY FOR THREE DAYS

Me:
I take it you despise texting then? lol.

Her:
I've just been super busy that's all. Can we just keep talking on here until my midterms are done XD seriously they end Thursday. Until then because if I get your # I'd prob love texting u and stop studying. Which would be bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom