• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
If a girl visits your profile, is that good? I guess she was at least intrigued enough by my profile pic, her message inbox is full though.

Maddocks

could be a number of things. since I view okcupid on my phone(not the app) I sometimes click on people when I don't mean it. but more times then not ill click on girls I want to see or read more of.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Okay guys, just got back from my "date".

She seemed very nice and cute, and we had an early dinner followed by a movie. When I dropped her off at home, I told her I had a great time and said I'd like to do it again some time, and she basically said she would love to.

Now, is this one of those meaningless statements like when you apply for a job and they say they'll hold on to your application, or is this an actual GOOD thing?

Oh, and I went ahead and paid for both dinner AND the movie. :/

Ashhong

If a girl visits your profile, is that good? I guess she was at least intrigued enough by my profile pic, her message inbox is full though.

I mean, it's probably the same as when guys view profiles. Interested by the picture but maybe you're just not her type. Or she's hinting at you to message her. I think every time I have messaged a girl after she viewed me I have gotten a conversation going.

She seemed very nice and cute, and we had an early dinner followed by a movie. When I dropped her off at home, I told her I had a great time and said I'd like to do it again some time, and she basically said she would love to.

Now, is this one of those meaningless statements like when you apply for a job and they say they'll hold on to your application, or is this an actual GOOD thing?

It's all about her delivery. If you believe her then yes, it's good. Just text her sometime and ask to see her again. Did she at least offer to pay?

Ashhong

Was it one of those fake offers? Haha, how hard did she try? Sounds fine though, next time pay for dinner and let her pay for a cheap activity after if she offers.

Sounds like it went pretty well. I'd call her sometime during the week and see if she wants to hang out again this weekend.

I don't think there's anything wrong with paying, this whole thing where the chick pays is new to me though, so maybe I'm just old school in that regard. I like playing the role of being a man and paying for everything and being classy and a gentleman and I think most women appreciate that. Now if it develops into a relationship, then that's usually where we would start sharing some of the costs.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Anyone mind critiquing my profile? Haven't been on the site for too long, but no dates yet. Had a couple of unsolicited messages and a few messages back and forth with some girls that I initiated. Feedback/constructive criticism would be appreciated.

Just quote my post for my profile link, don't really want forum lurkers checking my shiz out lol.

Anyone mind critiquing my profile? Haven't been on the site for too long, but no dates yet. Had a couple of unsolicited messages and a few messages back and forth with some girls that I initiated. Feedback/constructive criticism would be appreciated.

Just quote my post for my profile link, don't really want forum lurkers checking my shiz out lol.

I like the main picture, dislike the 2nd one, 3rd one sort of makes you look like a white supremacist, 4th one is good.

I see nothing bad in your profile, but nothing amazing that jumps out. Maybe add an attention grabbing line?

Also, I 5 starred you, and would appreciate it if you could do the same for me (it improves the type of people we see in matches)

purg3

slept with Malkin
I like the main picture, dislike the 2nd one, 3rd one sort of makes you look like a white supremacist, 4th one is good.

I see nothing bad in your profile, but nothing amazing that jumps out. Maybe add an attention grabbing line?

Also, I 5 starred you, and would appreciate it if you could do the same for me (it improves the type of people we see in matches)

Cool, thanks dude. Updated the pics for now lol, and 5 starred you as well.

DrBo42

Pretty damn solid dude.

Quick question.

I've been taking to this girl for the past few days and last night she gave me her number out of nowhere. Today I texted her and it takes her hours to respond. Her responses are always nice, but the amount of time between them is pissing me off. Why the fuck we should give me her number and then take hours to respond to the texts? All the other girls I text with get back pretty damn quickly. I'm also not harassing her at all. Just one text and then I wait for a reply.

Should I just bury this one and move one?

Maddocks

Quick question.

I've been taking to this girl for the past few days and last night she gave me her number out of nowhere. Today I texted her and it takes her hours to respond. Her responses are always nice, but the amount of time between them is pissing me off. Why the fuck we should give me her number and then take hours to respond to the texts? All the other girls I text with get back pretty damn quickly. I'm also not harassing her at all. Just one text and then I wait for a reply.

Should I just bury this one and move one?

Give her a chance in person

Yeah, she's uninvited from the pizza party. I've got red flags all over the place and last time I ignored them it got baaad.

Not returning a text fast enough is a red flag?

Maybe she's just busy or doesn't like to text. You could also try calling her. I pretty much never texted (big thumbs and just generally slow and never liked it) and girls never had a problem with it.

I think it might be nice to finish a first date without having to wonder or just be generally doubtful about a second date :/

I don't think my nerves can take anymore of these "now what" conclusions to all my recent dates.

DrBo42

I think it might be nice to finish a first date without having to wonder or just be generally doubtful about a second date :/

I don't think my nerves can take anymore of these "now what" conclusions to all my recent dates.

I've never experienced this. How can you not tell if things went well?

How do you guys feel about your OKC personality ratings? I'm at a solid 500 questions and I feel like it's got me down pat.

RaDxl.png

Hey guys, I need a critique of my profile. I've been on a dry spell lately. Quote my post to see my profile. I don't want lurkers peeping at it.

I could use a ratings boost too. Let me know if ya'll want one in return.

Riggs

Banned
How come I get so many GAFers viewing my profile yet only had 1 of you give me tips lol

Are you female? That would be why. If male I don't know, boredom.

Here I'll give you a tip, don't fuck the other person on the first meet. I did it 3 times off OKC and it ends up horrible.

So remember how my gf was trying to use OKC to get us a threesome?

Well now we broke up and she's using OKC to try and test out her bi-curiousness

:(

Bleepey

Are you female? That would be why. If male I don't know, boredom.

Here I'll give you a tip, don't fuck the other person on the first meet. I did it 3 times off OKC and it ends up horrible.

Oh really? I have done it twice from OKC and nothing bad happened.

DrBo42

So remember how my gf was trying to use OKC to get us a threesome?

Well now we broke up and she's using OKC to try and test out her bi-curiousness

:(

Sounds like a young girl. Chances are it wasn't really going to work out anyway if she's still unsure who she is/who she wants. Chin up, get back out there.

Dabanton

Been looking at the UK site. Mainly the london area.

And man oh man I'm not surprised why some of these chicks are singletons.

Despite some of them looking fairly attractive as you read their profiles all one can think is 'oh boy'. So many self centered, try hards trying to be kooky and 'individual'.

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

Thought I'd just update on my miserable posts last week. I sorted everything out with my lady friend and we've been back on for a few days now. We had a good heart to heart and cleared the air. Everything seems to be good now :)

Sounds like a young girl. Chances are it wasn't really going to work out anyway if she's still unsure who she is/who she wants. Chin up, get back out there.

Idk we dated for almost two years but apparently it's bugging her and she thinks she finally has the chance to see if it's a thing.

I will never bring up a threesome ever again.

Ugh

*edit*
What sucks the most is that she doesn't want just to try sexual things...just...the dating part. I mean I should be glad that she's not slutting around but fuck. It still hurts. I'm also graduating in 2 months so it feels like if she's done figuring out whatever she's figuring out and it doesn't work....I wont be here :(

*exhales*

Ok, here goes. Please feel free to critique mine - I'm sure there are some things that need to be addressed: http://www.okcupid.com/profile/rokpol

edit: and I have to say I feel a little better looking at some of the profiles posted and seeing you're all designated as "replies often" - even those of you are objectively very handsome. Makes me feel less alone. :|

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
*exhales*

Ok, here goes. Please feel free to critique mine - I'm sure there are some things that need to be addressed: http://www.okcupid.com/profile/rokpol

edit: and I have to say I feel a little better looking at some of the profiles posted and seeing you're all designated as "replies often" - even those of you are objectively very handsome. Makes me feel less alone. :|

Your profile is really funny dude, be proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom