• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

me and this girl have exchanged 120 messages in the last 12 hours, granted many of them one liners and jokes but what the fuck she isnt giving me anything to ever really work with and she lives a hour away and i want this girl wtf why is this is so annoying i have no idea how to make a move

A girl who is listed as replies often just looked over my profile and decided to not reply to me it seems.

Uh, this is normal (at least for me :( ).

Messaged an okayish looking girl a few days ago after reading her profile. She was "replies often," specifically stated that she hadn't had many experiences in relationships and was looking to get in one and even said something like "So, for all you nice guys who keep getting looked over - message me!" and I did. Sent her a message saying how it was cool that she was honest about her lack of experiences, mentioned how I was also into checking out new films and asked if she'd maybe like to check out some stuff together sometime.

She visited my profile. No response.

It's not a big deal. I may not have been her type, she may have already been scoping out another person, etc. You can't let it bug you.

me and this girl have exchanged 120 messages in the last 12 hours, granted many of them one liners and jokes but what the fuck she isnt giving me anything to ever really work with and she lives a hour away and i want this girl wtf why is this is so annoying i have no idea how to make a move

That sounds annoying. Just ask her if she'd like to grab coffee or go to a nearby event soon (with a specific date in mind). I think her response will show you whether she sees you as just a chat buddy or is open to becoming something more.

Bleepey

has anyone ever just used this site solely to have sex with a girl? was it awkward?

I have used POF and OKC a couple times for it. Some it was only a one-night stand others we were fuck buddies others it didn't lead to anything other than a date.

mooooose

There is this girl and she is clearly into me and I'm not particularly interested but I'd definitely have sex with her and hang out with her but idk I've never been such a huge dick before. I've been dismissing girls like this for awhile because I'm really picky (only been interested in 3 girls and two of them went MIA) and I'm getting restless.

Bleepey

There is this girl and she is clearly into me and I'm not particularly interested but I'd definitely have sex with her and hang out with her but idk I've never been such a huge dick before. I've been dismissing girls like this for awhile because I'm really picky (only been interested in 3 girls and two of them went MIA) and I'm getting restless.

What i do is just be flirtatious and suggestive on the phone, sexually escalate and see if she bites. If she plays along add a little conversation in there and then state your true intentions, not that you just want sex, or just sex from her, but that you want sex with her. If she's down to fuck she knows the deal if not you save yourself time and her feelings hurt.

NateDrake

So I've been talking with 2 girls on OKC over the last month or so. Had planned to see one during mid-October, but my grandmother passed away and then Superstorm Sandy came around delayed it even more. Today she messaged me asking if we are at the point of exchanging phone numbers. I'm usually very slow in asking these kind of questions, so when it comes to online dating I let the girl ask.

Setup a coffee date with Girl 2 so far, but that could change depending on my work schedule.

mooooose

What's the stance on giving a girl your number rather than asking for her's?

I say this because the only girl I'm interested in went MIA last week, but I'm on LI so I assumed the combo of being busy (Halloweekend) and the hurricane put an end to her responses. Especially because she lives on the water. She seemed super interested even though we only did a couple exchanges, they were all essays. I sent a message saying I hope she was doing okay and she sent one back tonight saying that her house is fucked and she doesn't have power, but she really likes me and would like to get to know me better too, so I said that if it's any easier to text, here's my number.

Did I fuck up? She's the only girl I've met on one of these sites that I actually like... like the only girl I'd consider dating. So if I fucked up that is a bummer but whatever.

Kronotech

What's the stance on giving a girl your number rather than asking for her's?

I say this because the only girl I'm interested in went MIA last week, but I'm on LI so I assumed the combo of being busy (Halloweekend) and the hurricane put an end to her responses. Especially because she lives on the water. She seemed super interested even though we only did a couple exchanges, they were all essays. I sent a message saying I hope she was doing okay and she sent one back tonight saying that her house is fucked and she doesn't have power, but she really likes me and would like to get to know me better too, so I said that if it's any easier to text, here's my number.

Did I fuck up? She's the only girl I've met on one of these sites that I actually like... like the only girl I'd consider dating. So if I fucked up that is a bummer but whatever.

Back when I was single and on the site, I received texts when I gave out my number first. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's putting the ball in her court and if you're confident she likes you, then you have nothing to worry about.

Asking for her number isn't a bad idea but it will at least make her more comfortable having the option open. No worries, man.

Ashhong

Some chick with only pics on her profile messaged me.

Im not sure what to do.

What do you mean, she has photos uploaded but no details? You answer whatever question she asked you and carry on the conversation.........

edit: goddamn I hate that I'm so short. I increased the max height in my search and instantly found like 4 hot girls. ugh.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
What do you mean, she has photos uploaded but no details? You answer whatever question she asked you and carry on the conversation.........

edit: goddamn I hate that I'm so short. I increased the max height in my search and instantly found like 4 hot girls. ugh.

Yeah, she just said I was adorable and hi.

And I feel ya there, have my max height set as my own height, 5' 7".

Omg, complete your profiles guys (75 answers or whatever it is). I'm drowning in hotties since I did that!
(seems like they were hidden before or whatever)

Bleepey

I prefer POF to OKC. There seems to be a system that works on POF that I can't use on OKC. Basically only message new members regardless of whether they have a pic or not. I get phone numbers far more easily and consistently. Also I am off to a date at the moment with a girl from POF.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I prefer POF to OKC. There seems to be a system that works on POF that I can't use on OKC. Basically only message new members regardless of whether they have a pic or not. I get phone numbers far more easily and consistently. Also I am off to a date at the moment with a girl from POF.

I don't like POF. I can only search keywords in their interest section, not in their whole profile summary.

By the way, there's a join date filter in OKC.

neptunes

I don't like POF. I can only search keywords in their interest section, not in their whole profile summary.

b..bu...but we can meet at the subway
mZ2CE.png

Duderz

Banned
I've been messaging a girl back and forth for over 25 messages, and twice now I've asked her out, but she completely ignores the question. What I don't understand is, why someone would continue to carry on the conversation even after having been asked out? Attention?

At this point, my next message will be something along the lines of "I think we're looking for two different things on here, I'm not interested in having a pen pal."

Darklord

Banned
I've been messaging a girl back and forth for over 25 messages, and twice now I've asked her out, but she completely ignores the question. What I don't understand is, why someone would continue to carry on the conversation even after having been asked out? Attention?

At this point, my next message will be something along the lines of "I think we're looking for two different things on here, I'm not interested in having a pen pal."

I dunno, some are just looking for attention I think. A similar thing happened to me. Waste of time, honestly.

ameratsu

This has probably already been discussed to death but are girls who list themselves as having "curvy" bodytypes just using that as code for fat? It's so hard to tell what each individual girl means by this when I only have one ambiguous face photo to go on.

This has probably already been discussed to death but are girls who list themselves as having "curvy" bodytypes just using that as code for fat? It's so hard to tell what each individual girl means by this when I only have one ambiguous face photo to go on.
Most are but there are a few exceptions.

There is no "fat" body type for them to choose anymore.

Ashhong

As said above, it's usually code for fat, but I have seen some where that's not the case, and they are legitimately curvy. And hot.

bjb

Banned

My god man calm down...This post oozes with instability. Do you think any sane women is going to be attracted towards acting like this? Tell some jokes, have a conservation and then ask her out.

Dudes in here (and the dating thread) seemingly over-analyze everything. You would think it's majority females posting.

KevinCow

Banned
Alright, I've finally gotten a few replies that have sorta become conversations. Now I have no idea where to go from here. How do I know if she's interested, and if so, how do I know when it's appropriate to make a move, and what the appropriate move to make is?

Alright, I've finally gotten a few replies that have sorta become conversations. Now I have no idea where to go from here. How do I know if she's interested, and if so, how do I know when it's appropriate to make a move, and what the appropriate move to make is?
She's interested because she's responding. Ask them out. It's what you're on the site to do. It's not like some sort of sly move you have to make.

Met with some chick just out of the blue last night from this site. We both didn't have much going on last night and were bored so we met up. Went uptown and just walked around and chatted, got some shakes.

Uhh, I think she likes me cause she wants to hang out again tonight but I'm not really into her. She looks really good and has red hair (YES) but is pretty religious and somewhat old fashion. She doesn't drink (ugh, really?). I think she got a little offended also when I cursed a couple times around her ~_~

I want somebody as crazy and offensive as me!

Where do you live? She sounds just like my ex.

Bleepey

How do you set it so that you can see the newest people. The OKC one does not seem as good as the POF filter.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
How do you set it so that you can see the newest people. The OKC one does not seem as good as the POF filter.

Advanced>Join date>in the last week. There's no Order by join date, but If you check regularly, you should be able to remember the ones you already seen. Edit: Correction, I have 25 people in a 50 mile radius who joined in the last week.

POF has a larger selection of people, so I can see how a better filter suits it.

Going off whoever did that OKC test, OKC girls probably get a lot more messages than only the newest in your POF strat. So I can see the better filter being a core part of your strat.

I just hate that I can't find keywords in POF's about me section.

mooooose

that picture is bs i do that all the time to surprisingly good results and i am not a male model though id consider myself very good looking but they had like 5 of the model guy and 1 of the regular guy thats such bs

DrBo42

that picture is bs i do that all the time to surprisingly good results and i am not a male model though id consider myself very good looking but they had like 5 of the model guy and 1 of the regular guy thats such bs

Haha wat. You do that all the time?

mooooose

i say similar things to girls that i just find attractive but are boring and stupid and probably 1/4 times end up successful which is pretty good odds

.GqueB.

Banned

Yea that was my problem with it as well. It could be that the response was actually pretty good and led to some conversation or they didn't get many responses at all to being with. Unfortunately we'll never know.

Anyways...

I'm not on this site anymore but I do have an odd bit of advice. Whenever I looked at a girls profile, the first thing I checked was how often she replied. A high reply rate usually triggered a horrible question in my head which was:

"I wonder what's wrong with her..."

More often than not she was just unattractive and if she WAS attractive I would assume she's just crazy or something (sad but true). But the women who replied selectively usually caught my attention. This site is all mental when you think about it. Since there are so many of you here, it might be a nice experiment to see what happened if you were able to get your reply rating in the red. It would simply require you all to message each other (and not answer obviously). Could be interesting. Has to be SUPER rare for a guy to be in the red.

mooooose

my reply rating is in the red because I send messages to a lot of girls I think are beneath me and then never reply back lol and then the girls i want to reply back usually do

mooooose

im 20 and im talking to a 31 year old right now who is crazy hot and i just used the line that the guy used for the model and im far too sure this is working LOL

Maddocks

shit thats how it works? time to message 10 fatties over the age of 50.

then get in the red....and then...oh and then....ill get the sugar....then ill get the power....

mooooose

it definitely helps you stand out because 99% of dudes are in green and at best yellow its also a confidence boost because it shows plenty of girls are interested in getting the d

Maddocks

thats why you have to do it right when you read about it, if you think about it, then you will start to develop feelings about it.

once i read it, i sent out messages to girls who are replies are in the green and who have signed on in the last few days. This is war Anakin. you have to make sacrifices now, to get the catches you want later on.

mooooose

if you send a message it doesnt effect the rating but if you get a message BACK whether or not you reply affects the rating

also youre better off at least saying something to literally everyone on this site because it only increases your chances ive had plenty of surprises and ended up talking to some girls i didnt think would be interested

this site is most fun when youre acting like the drunkest douche at the party 100%

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Lets all make 1 fake account and hide them in a email tag to message. I don't want to hurt feelings of girls.

But then we out ourselves to each other for backfires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom