• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GqueB.

Banned
Lets all make 1 fake account and hide them in a email tag to message. I don't want to hurt feelings of girls.

That's along the lines of my suggestion but mooses method is probably much faster. It'd probably be easier (and less horrible) for you to all message each other depending on how active this thread is.

Ashhong

me and this girl have exchanged 120 messages in the last 12 hours, granted many of them one liners and jokes but what the fuck she isnt giving me anything to ever really work with and she lives a hour away and i want this girl wtf why is this is so annoying i have no idea how to make a move

How is someone that is posting things like this ^

if you send a message it doesnt effect the rating but if you get a message BACK whether or not you reply affects the rating

also youre better off at least saying something to literally everyone on this site because it only increases your chances ive had plenty of surprises and ended up talking to some girls i didnt think would be interested

this site is most fun when youre acting like the drunkest douche at the party 100%

Giving advice like this and having what looks like this much success? lol

mooooose

How is someone that is posting things like this ^

Giving advice like this and having what looks like this much success? lol

because im used to having success so when a girl like that comes along i get very frustrated lol i also actually liked her (she was hot, artsy, knew katamari AND god hand, but didnt want my d)

i cut things off with her today she was a bitch

.GqueB.

Banned
if you send a message it doesnt effect the rating but if you get a message BACK whether or not you reply affects the rating

also youre better off at least saying something to literally everyone on this site because it only increases your chances ive had plenty of surprises and ended up talking to some girls i didnt think would be interested

this site is most fun when youre acting like the drunkest douche at the party 100%

I can second this. Most of my responses came from one night of drunk spamming where the message read something like "I like your face... let's go to the MoMA tomorrow" or some mess like that. I sent that out to a looooot of women.

I once looked down upon copy pasters but I quickly learned that it's the only way to have any real fun on this site. Actually "trying" can be a bit discouraging. Think of it as sending out a resume. Does it make more sense to focus on a few jobs at a time, tailoring it to each individual posting or does it make more sense to tweak it here and there while sending it out to a TON of companies? It's a numbers game and your profile barely matters.

mooooose

this cougar clearly wants my d but is ashamed because im 20. she said im too young and so i gave her my number and she said she isnt looking for anything casual but she wont stop replying. im hoping she gets drunk and just hits me up because this would be a crazy story.

Bleepey

Let's all post our profiles. 5* each other and message each other and then not respond to each other. We will now trick the OKC machine into thinking we are as handsome as fuck and let girls think we are hot shit that can be picky as fuck.

Ashhong

because im used to having success so when a girl like that comes along i get very frustrated lol i also actually liked her (she was hot, artsy, knew katamari AND god hand, but didnt want my d)

i cut things off with her today she was a bitch

Well shit, she didn't want your d? Bitch. :p

Ashhong

this cougar clearly wants my d but is ashamed because im 20. she said im too young and so i gave her my number and she said she isnt looking for anything casual but she wont stop replying. im hoping she gets drunk and just hits me up because this would be a crazy story.

NO SHAME

Maddocks

I need to seriously get involved in this copy and paste revolution, and sadly spam it out to high rated women and hope that my new yellow/red replies gets them interested enough to message me back. I threw away my dignity long ago friends :(

mooooose

i just told her to hit me up when shes over the shame of fucking a 20 year old because we both know itd be good LOL i want this cougar more than any other girl this is a hunt

C.Dark.DN

Banned
lol, were you just doing one message each time or did you respond back at all?
I just create the fake account, message my main only, read it on my main, then delete the spoof account.

I got to red after 12 accounts. I guess I haven't been that active.

I'm going to keep until my phone on 4g gets locked out as a bot for good measure.

mooooose

holy shit the only girl im interested in very seriously between ok and pof is on again

last time i messaged her i gave her my number

holy fuck i actually care im praying she texts me sweet lawd

purg3

slept with Malkin
I just create the fake account, message my main only, read it on my main, then delete the spoof account.

I got to red after 12 accounts. I guess I haven't been that active.

I'm going to keep until my phone on 4g gets locked out as a bot for good measure.

I'll be interested to see if this actually makes any difference psychologically when women view your profile or decide to message you.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'll be interested to see if this actually makes any difference psychologically when women view your profile or decide to message you.

Yeah, we'll see. I've been green for like 2 years. Messaged like 20 people in total probably.

In my area there's hot girls in college, but I dropped out. I'll probably will go back, but I'm 25. No one cute has interests like mine. So I don't message too many girls really.

Maddocks

got mine to yellow. I pretty much opened IE and made profiles their and used Firefox as my main and would just message from IE, read on Firefox, delete on IE.

more work then its worth? maybe. But honestly i dislike the green replies often. The red means they get lots of messages and doesn't reply to many. Means they are desirable to some degree right?

i mean i message girls in red because i like the challenge of trying to get a reply lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Ok, now that I'm red and done with this...

Does each time you reply to a person affect the rating, or just the first reply?

I guess we established initiating a message to someone doesn't affect it?

Maddocks

I have no idea what the 5 star does, but i have noticed that my main menus of girls are higher rated usually its 50% matches and 60% friends. now almost all of them are hot women with 90% matches and 85+% friends. I guess higher the rating the better the pickings.

Invisible Man

aka SexyNerd
What are the thoughts on anonymous browsing?

I'm doing it right now. I don't care too much about seeing my visitors. If a girl views and is interested she'll message me.

Also, just got my first reply back from using that opening line from that model pic.

"You are a sexy nerd ;)"

Edit: And number has been gotten.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I'm doing it right now. I don't care too much about seeing my visitors. If a girl views and is interested she'll message me.

Also, just got my first reply back from using that opening line from that model pic.

"You are a sexy nerd ;)"

Edit: And number has been gotten.

Sonofabitch, can't believe that shit actually works?

Old Lace

shit thats how it works? time to message 10 fatties over the age of 50.

then get in the red....and then...oh and then....ill get the sugar....then ill get the power....
I just started doing this and got a reply. It's so mean, I don't think I can keep doing it.

Invisible Man

aka SexyNerd
Sonofabitch, can't believe that shit actually works?

Yeah, I was surprised too.

MQ1rcl.jpg

Maddocks

I just started doing this and got a reply. It's so mean, I don't think I can keep doing it.

yeah, like i said, i threw away reason long ago lol if it matters I messaged 8 girls....zero replies back from them.

that's when i took the make profiles myself and do it. which took more time, but was more rewarding. I was temped to keep one profile to be my troll profile, but I changed my mind and just deleted them all.

it took me a total of 20 minutes and 8-10 made profiles to get me into the red. But I think it was better then trying to convince 10 older not great looking women to message me to just ignore them.

EDIT: I would like to try the pantie line, but man I fear it would backfire on me so hard lol

Invisible Man

aka SexyNerd
Well I texted her and this is how the convo went:

Sexynerd reporting in.

Message received. What's up?

*tried sending her my sneak peek but it didn't go thru cuz goSMS sent it as a goShare pic that only gosms users can see*

What's that?

*Sent it correctly this time*

Did it send right that time?

And haven't heard back from her. Maybe she just fell asleep, started masturbating, or maybe she didn't like my sneak peek.

Maddocks

You guys should have rated your fellow gaffers before deleting your fake accounts :(

I did, I hooked my brothers up. Hope it helps.

Creating all those fake accounts is kinda pathetic. If you all want to get laid so badly, why not just go to a bar?

A little bit ill admit. But some of us are not in it for the laid. some of us are at points in life that we want more then just getting laid. I believe only two of us actually did the fake account thing and it was more of a experiment on if that's how the messaging system really works.

When you actually get a date, they'll figure out why you weren't really highly rated or were an infrequent replier. You're not upping your game or bettering your chances, you're just playing a dumb game that's going to get you hurt.

A little bit ill admit. But some of us are not in it for the laid. some of us are at points in life that we want more then just getting laid. I believe only two of us actually did the fake account thing and it was more of a experiment on if that's how the messaging system really works.
But if you are looking for a real relationship, wouldn't you want somebody who accepts you for you? If you have to trick somebody into replying, I can't see that as a healthy way to start off a serious relationship.

What happens after I get laid and go back to OKC to date?

12 accounts (for me) to get red is pretty smart.

Asshole.
What does that have to do with creating fake accounts and rating yourself highly? It's pathetic. You have to trick women into even talking to you. Maybe spend time on making a better profile and actually putting effort into a decent message?

Creep

So, we talk online, talk on the phone, send more pics, she's attracted. I get a date and we meet and she realizes I wasn't really an infrequent replier and I get hurt? That's the stupidest shit I ever heard. You make dumb yelling at the cloud assumptions.
You're assuming one could even get that far.

This is the male equivalent of a larger woman hiding her size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom